HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

The Official Prudential Center, Surrounding Area & Season Ticket Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-23-2013, 03:00 PM
  #676
Devils Dominion
Spend Harris' $ Lou
 
Devils Dominion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Conte's Critic
Country: United States
Posts: 17,231
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeItVeryMuch View Post
Weather aside, the Devils just announced that Friday is sold out as well.

The snow forecast is getting worse and worse every time I check it, however.
I just heard South Jersey may get the worst of the snow with North Jersey kinding getting away with nothing significant, but we'll see as there is still time for it to go either way.

There are not that many tickets left on TM, I also saw they announced a sellout but I think it's more for people to go and look at TM to grab the few that do remain.

If the snow is not significant it will be another big crowd though.

Devils Dominion is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 03:12 PM
  #677
NJDevs26
Moderator
Status quo
 
NJDevs26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 22,552
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeItVeryMuch View Post
Weather aside, the Devils just announced that Friday is sold out as well.

The snow forecast is getting worse and worse every time I check it, however.
They're getting quicker trigger fingers at calling sellouts by the game though there do appear to be more tickets 'sold' for this game than the Flyer sellout.

To be a cynic, if the Devils were going to play magic fairy dust with the numbers what better day to do it than on a day where weather's expected to be a factor (i.e. plenty of no-shows) anyway?

NJDevs26 is online now  
Old
01-23-2013, 03:28 PM
  #678
NjDevsRR
Registered User
 
NjDevsRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Ocean County, NJ
Posts: 2,071
vCash: 500
The weather forecast actually got significantly better. As of now its suppose to start late evening Friday with South Jersey getting up to 4 inches by Saturday morning but only up to an inch north of Monmouth County. Hopefully the forecast remains this way.

NjDevsRR is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 03:39 PM
  #679
Devils Dominion
Spend Harris' $ Lou
 
Devils Dominion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Conte's Critic
Country: United States
Posts: 17,231
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
They're getting quicker trigger fingers at calling sellouts by the game though there do appear to be more tickets 'sold' for this game than the Flyer sellout.

To be a cynic, if the Devils were going to play magic fairy dust with the numbers what better day to do it than on a day where weather's expected to be a factor (i.e. plenty of no-shows) anyway?
Yeah, bottom line is there are tickets available and more than just scattered singles.
Will it come close enough for them to announce 17,625 Friday ngiht? Yes.

But I'm not sure why they would say tickets are sold out this early when anyone can cleary go to TM and see there are hundreds available including entire rows.

Devils Dominion is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 04:18 PM
  #680
Devils Dominion
Spend Harris' $ Lou
 
Devils Dominion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Conte's Critic
Country: United States
Posts: 17,231
vCash: 500
Anyone use their F&B card last night?

I held off last night but plan to use it Friday.

Devils Dominion is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 04:49 PM
  #681
Colin226
NJ Devils STH
 
Colin226's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Flemington, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 2,729
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Dominion View Post
Anyone use their F&B card last night?

I held off last night but plan to use it Friday.
I know at the Goal Bar food stand the registers weren't accepting credit card or F/B cards.. They just started giving food away.. The Aramark fail begins

Colin226 is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 04:49 PM
  #682
NJDevs26
Moderator
Status quo
 
NJDevs26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 22,552
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Dominion View Post
Anyone use their F&B card last night?

I held off last night but plan to use it Friday.
Yeah I used it for chicken fingers/fries and a soft waffle cone, no problems at either place with the card.

There were only three chicken fingers in mine and a ****load of fries lol, but I didn't want to gorge too much anyway so I just ate the fingers and some of the fries.

NJDevs26 is online now  
Old
01-23-2013, 04:51 PM
  #683
Devils Nick30
Registered User
 
Devils Nick30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 6,765
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeItVeryMuch View Post
Weather aside, the Devils just announced that Friday is sold out as well.

The snow forecast is getting worse and worse every time I check it, however.
Actually I think they downgraded the snow amounts a lot now, looks like it might even miss Northern NJ or be only 1-3.

Devils Nick30 is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 04:57 PM
  #684
NJDevs26
Moderator
Status quo
 
NJDevs26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 22,552
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Nick30 View Post
Actually I think they downgraded the snow amounts a lot now, looks like it might even miss Northern NJ or be only 1-3.
Good, I didn't really want to bow out of Game #2, especially with it being magnetic schedule night and having a good voucher seat too.

NJDevs26 is online now  
Old
01-23-2013, 06:07 PM
  #685
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003
 
BenedictGomez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PRNJ
Country: United States
Posts: 26,255
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NjDevsRR View Post
The weather forecast actually got significantly better. As of now its suppose to start late evening Friday with South Jersey getting up to 4 inches by Saturday morning but only up to an inch north of Monmouth County. Hopefully the forecast remains this way.
There is very little confidence in the Friday forecast right now as it's extremely confusing. As of now, a dusting to 3 inches is about all the models are predicting, more from south to north like you said.

But the last models at noon today all bumped the storm north a touch. Is that a final solution or a trend is the question? The other complication is the cold air, it could lead to a higher h20-content to snow ratio, which Meteorologists often get wrong. We should know more tonight when the next models hit.

BenedictGomez is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 06:30 PM
  #686
apice3*
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middletown, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 18,520
vCash: 500
The concession service is awful. Even worse than previous years. I raced to the stand right before the 1st period ended, was 3rd in line. The two people in front of me each ordered two beers each, and that's it. It took them literally 10 minutes to complete those orders.

apice3* is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 07:07 PM
  #687
Scott04
Registered User
 
Scott04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 6,602
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
Yeah I used it for chicken fingers/fries and a soft waffle cone, no problems at either place with the card.

There were only three chicken fingers in mine and a ****load of fries lol, but I didn't want to gorge too much anyway so I just ate the fingers and some of the fries.
If I remember correctly, that's what it was last year. Or what it became mid year. I remember when it used to be 4 chicken fingers and a mini ****load of fries. But I remember it being 3 chicken fingers and a full ****load of fries by the end of the year for sure.

Scott04 is online now  
Old
01-23-2013, 07:08 PM
  #688
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003
 
BenedictGomez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PRNJ
Country: United States
Posts: 26,255
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
The concession service is awful. Even worse than previous years. I raced to the stand right before the 1st period ended, was 3rd in line. The two people in front of me each ordered two beers each, and that's it. It took them literally 10 minutes to complete those orders.
Whether they provide excellent service or do virtually nothing, they know they get paid the same amount.

That's their unfortunate, poor, attitude.

BenedictGomez is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 07:48 PM
  #689
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv
 
BrodeurRULES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 22,679
vCash: 500
I want Carvel back!!! I wanted some last night and got so sad when I saw it gone. How do you guys always get the cool prizes. lol


Carvel > Ritas


Last edited by BrodeurRULES: 01-24-2013 at 07:31 AM.
BrodeurRULES is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 08:08 PM
  #690
RHilla619
Registered User
 
RHilla619's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Marlboro
Country: United States
Posts: 328
vCash: 500
In terms of concessions I didn't find the service too bad, I guess it depends on where you went though. I went to the upper level on the 212 side and grabbed a burger and fries, decent amount of food for $9.50 (as far a stadiums go) and I was happy to see the plastic pints of miller, bud, and coors stayed at $8 for this season.

RHilla619 is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 08:53 PM
  #691
xdl1
Registered User
 
xdl1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 382
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RHilla619 View Post
In terms of concessions I didn't find the service too bad, I guess it depends on where you went though. I went to the upper level on the 212 side and grabbed a burger and fries, decent amount of food for $9.50 (as far a stadiums go) and I was happy to see the plastic pints of miller, bud, and coors stayed at $8 for this season.
Not to be antagonistic, but I've been to 30+ pro stadiums (not just NHL) and $8 for a beer is above average, if not well above average. If it were to be raised, I'd be disgusted. One that stands out is Nassau at $9-10 per beer.

xdl1 is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 09:02 PM
  #692
RHilla619
Registered User
 
RHilla619's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Marlboro
Country: United States
Posts: 328
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdl1 View Post
Not to be antagonistic, but I've been to 30+ pro stadiums (not just NHL) and $8 for a beer is above average, if not well above average. If it were to be raised, I'd be disgusted. One that stands out is Nassau at $9-10 per beer.
I hear ya man, I'm by no means saying $8 is a reasonable for a beer. But in this area its pretty much the norm. I was more so saying I was happy it stayed at $8 with Armark taking over, new ownership could have meant an increase in price. What's the cheapest you've seen for a bottle of beer recently?

RHilla619 is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 09:12 PM
  #693
xdl1
Registered User
 
xdl1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 382
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RHilla619 View Post
I hear ya man, I'm by no means saying $8 is a reasonable for a beer. But in this area its pretty much the norm. I was more so saying I was happy it stayed at $8 with Armark taking over, new ownership could have meant an increase in price. What's the cheapest you've seen for a bottle of beer recently?
Understood. I'm including regional places like Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Ottawa - maybe the cheapest for a 12oz is $6.50, which is splitting hairs to some degree.

My previous work home site (we have multiple corporate locations in the state) has Aramark as the cafeteria vendor serving around 1000 people each day. Based on my experience with them, and what is being echoed in here, I'm not happy or optimistic. Expect portion sizes to go down multiple times per year, and expect prices to rise with regularity. Quality of service will be disgusting at worst, and tolerable at best.

xdl1 is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 09:44 PM
  #694
Devils Dominion
Spend Harris' $ Lou
 
Devils Dominion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Conte's Critic
Country: United States
Posts: 17,231
vCash: 500
From what I noticed the concession prices were the same as last season.

Devils Dominion is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 12:03 AM
  #695
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003
 
BenedictGomez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PRNJ
Country: United States
Posts: 26,255
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodeurRULES View Post

I want Carvel back!!! I wanted some last night and got so sad when I saw it gone.


Carvel < Ritas

BenedictGomez is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 12:29 AM
  #696
DatBoyJPP
Good Night
 
DatBoyJPP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Blairstown
Country: United States
Posts: 18,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdl1 View Post
Not to be antagonistic, but I've been to 30+ pro stadiums (not just NHL) and $8 for a beer is above average, if not well above average. If it were to be raised, I'd be disgusted. One that stands out is Nassau at $9-10 per beer.
I don't know where you've been or how long ago it was but $8 is the norm everywhere now

DatBoyJPP is online now  
Old
01-24-2013, 07:31 AM
  #697
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv
 
BrodeurRULES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 22,679
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post


Shut it! lol

BrodeurRULES is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 09:31 AM
  #698
Luke3026
When you're burned..
 
Luke3026's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Raritan, NJ
Posts: 1,524
vCash: 500
For those of you who've gotten your packages (still waiting on mine), is there any info in there about the free kids passes games? I'm trying to plan out what game(s) I'm taking my kids to but don't want to buy tickets only to find out I could have gotten them free. It'd be nice if they'd let us know before the STH presale ends tomorrow.

Luke3026 is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 09:39 AM
  #699
Devils Dominion
Spend Harris' $ Lou
 
Devils Dominion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Conte's Critic
Country: United States
Posts: 17,231
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke3026 View Post
For those of you who've gotten your packages (still waiting on mine), is there any info in there about the free kids passes games? I'm trying to plan out what game(s) I'm taking my kids to but don't want to buy tickets only to find out I could have gotten them free. It'd be nice if they'd let us know before the STH presale ends tomorrow.
They said we will find out about that at a later time.

It's a safe bet to assume that the April 20 1pm game vs Florida will be one of those games, along with the 1pm President's Day game vs Ottawa.

Devils Dominion is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 09:41 AM
  #700
cj225
Work in Progress...
 
cj225's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 27,980
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cj225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke3026 View Post
For those of you who've gotten your packages (still waiting on mine), is there any info in there about the free kids passes games? I'm trying to plan out what game(s) I'm taking my kids to but don't want to buy tickets only to find out I could have gotten them free. It'd be nice if they'd let us know before the STH presale ends tomorrow.
Like DD said, they will let us know at later dates.

Don't forget you can still buy tickets throughout the season at the STH price.

cj225 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:42 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.