HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

The Official Prudential Center, Surrounding Area & Season Ticket Thread

Closed Thread

Old
01-23-2013, 03:00 PM
Devils Dominion
Spend Harris' $ Lou

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeItVeryMuch View Post
Weather aside, the Devils just announced that Friday is sold out as well.

The snow forecast is getting worse and worse every time I check it, however.
I just heard South Jersey may get the worst of the snow with North Jersey kinding getting away with nothing significant, but we'll see as there is still time for it to go either way.

There are not that many tickets left on TM, I also saw they announced a sellout but I think it's more for people to go and look at TM to grab the few that do remain.

If the snow is not significant it will be another big crowd though.

Old
01-23-2013, 03:12 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Quote:

They're getting quicker trigger fingers at calling sellouts by the game though there do appear to be more tickets 'sold' for this game than the Flyer sellout.

To be a cynic, if the Devils were going to play magic fairy dust with the numbers what better day to do it than on a day where weather's expected to be a factor (i.e. plenty of no-shows) anyway?

Old
01-23-2013, 03:28 PM
NjDevsRR

The weather forecast actually got significantly better. As of now its suppose to start late evening Friday with South Jersey getting up to 4 inches by Saturday morning but only up to an inch north of Monmouth County. Hopefully the forecast remains this way.

Old
01-23-2013, 03:39 PM
Devils Dominion
Spend Harris' $ Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
They're getting quicker trigger fingers at calling sellouts by the game though there do appear to be more tickets 'sold' for this game than the Flyer sellout.

To be a cynic, if the Devils were going to play magic fairy dust with the numbers what better day to do it than on a day where weather's expected to be a factor (i.e. plenty of no-shows) anyway?
Yeah, bottom line is there are tickets available and more than just scattered singles.
Will it come close enough for them to announce 17,625 Friday ngiht? Yes.

But I'm not sure why they would say tickets are sold out this early when anyone can cleary go to TM and see there are hundreds available including entire rows.

Old
01-23-2013, 04:18 PM
Devils Dominion
Spend Harris' $ Lou

Anyone use their F&B card last night?

I held off last night but plan to use it Friday.

Old
01-23-2013, 04:49 PM
Colin226
NJ Devils STH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Dominion View Post

I know at the Goal Bar food stand the registers weren't accepting credit card or F/B cards.. They just started giving food away.. The Aramark fail begins

Old
01-23-2013, 04:49 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Dominion View Post

Yeah I used it for chicken fingers/fries and a soft waffle cone, no problems at either place with the card.

There were only three chicken fingers in mine and a ****load of fries lol, but I didn't want to gorge too much anyway so I just ate the fingers and some of the fries.

Old
01-23-2013, 04:51 PM
Devils Nick30

Quote:

Actually I think they downgraded the snow amounts a lot now, looks like it might even miss Northern NJ or be only 1-3.

Old
01-23-2013, 04:57 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Nick30 View Post
Actually I think they downgraded the snow amounts a lot now, looks like it might even miss Northern NJ or be only 1-3.
Good, I didn't really want to bow out of Game #2, especially with it being magnetic schedule night and having a good voucher seat too.

Old
01-23-2013, 06:07 PM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by NjDevsRR View Post
The weather forecast actually got significantly better. As of now its suppose to start late evening Friday with South Jersey getting up to 4 inches by Saturday morning but only up to an inch north of Monmouth County. Hopefully the forecast remains this way.
There is very little confidence in the Friday forecast right now as it's extremely confusing. As of now, a dusting to 3 inches is about all the models are predicting, more from south to north like you said.

But the last models at noon today all bumped the storm north a touch. Is that a final solution or a trend is the question? The other complication is the cold air, it could lead to a higher h20-content to snow ratio, which Meteorologists often get wrong. We should know more tonight when the next models hit.

Old
01-23-2013, 06:30 PM
apice3*

The concession service is awful. Even worse than previous years. I raced to the stand right before the 1st period ended, was 3rd in line. The two people in front of me each ordered two beers each, and that's it. It took them literally 10 minutes to complete those orders.

Old
01-23-2013, 07:07 PM
Scott04

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
Yeah I used it for chicken fingers/fries and a soft waffle cone, no problems at either place with the card.

There were only three chicken fingers in mine and a ****load of fries lol, but I didn't want to gorge too much anyway so I just ate the fingers and some of the fries.
If I remember correctly, that's what it was last year. Or what it became mid year. I remember when it used to be 4 chicken fingers and a mini ****load of fries. But I remember it being 3 chicken fingers and a full ****load of fries by the end of the year for sure.

Old
01-23-2013, 07:08 PM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
The concession service is awful. Even worse than previous years. I raced to the stand right before the 1st period ended, was 3rd in line. The two people in front of me each ordered two beers each, and that's it. It took them literally 10 minutes to complete those orders.
Whether they provide excellent service or do virtually nothing, they know they get paid the same amount.

That's their unfortunate, poor, attitude.

Old
01-23-2013, 07:48 PM
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv

I want Carvel back!!! I wanted some last night and got so sad when I saw it gone. How do you guys always get the cool prizes. lol

Carvel > Ritas

Last edited by BrodeurRULES: 01-24-2013 at 07:31 AM.
Old
01-23-2013, 08:08 PM
RHilla619

In terms of concessions I didn't find the service too bad, I guess it depends on where you went though. I went to the upper level on the 212 side and grabbed a burger and fries, decent amount of food for $9.50 (as far a stadiums go) and I was happy to see the plastic pints of miller, bud, and coors stayed at $8 for this season.

Old
01-23-2013, 08:53 PM
xdl1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHilla619 View Post
In terms of concessions I didn't find the service too bad, I guess it depends on where you went though. I went to the upper level on the 212 side and grabbed a burger and fries, decent amount of food for $9.50 (as far a stadiums go) and I was happy to see the plastic pints of miller, bud, and coors stayed at $8 for this season.
Not to be antagonistic, but I've been to 30+ pro stadiums (not just NHL) and $8 for a beer is above average, if not well above average. If it were to be raised, I'd be disgusted. One that stands out is Nassau at $9-10 per beer.

Old
01-23-2013, 09:02 PM
RHilla619

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdl1 View Post
Not to be antagonistic, but I've been to 30+ pro stadiums (not just NHL) and $8 for a beer is above average, if not well above average. If it were to be raised, I'd be disgusted. One that stands out is Nassau at $9-10 per beer.
I hear ya man, I'm by no means saying $8 is a reasonable for a beer. But in this area its pretty much the norm. I was more so saying I was happy it stayed at $8 with Armark taking over, new ownership could have meant an increase in price. What's the cheapest you've seen for a bottle of beer recently?

Old
01-23-2013, 09:12 PM
xdl1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHilla619 View Post
I hear ya man, I'm by no means saying $8 is a reasonable for a beer. But in this area its pretty much the norm. I was more so saying I was happy it stayed at $8 with Armark taking over, new ownership could have meant an increase in price. What's the cheapest you've seen for a bottle of beer recently?
Understood. I'm including regional places like Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Ottawa - maybe the cheapest for a 12oz is $6.50, which is splitting hairs to some degree.

My previous work home site (we have multiple corporate locations in the state) has Aramark as the cafeteria vendor serving around 1000 people each day. Based on my experience with them, and what is being echoed in here, I'm not happy or optimistic. Expect portion sizes to go down multiple times per year, and expect prices to rise with regularity. Quality of service will be disgusting at worst, and tolerable at best.

Old
01-23-2013, 09:44 PM
Devils Dominion
Spend Harris' $ Lou

From what I noticed the concession prices were the same as last season.

Old
01-24-2013, 12:03 AM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodeurRULES View Post

I want Carvel back!!! I wanted some last night and got so sad when I saw it gone.

Carvel < Ritas

Old
01-24-2013, 12:29 AM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdl1 View Post
I don't know where you've been or how long ago it was but $8 is the norm everywhere now

Old
01-24-2013, 07:31 AM
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post

Shut it! lol

Old
01-24-2013, 09:31 AM
Luke3026
When you're burned..

For those of you who've gotten your packages (still waiting on mine), is there any info in there about the free kids passes games? I'm trying to plan out what game(s) I'm taking my kids to but don't want to buy tickets only to find out I could have gotten them free. It'd be nice if they'd let us know before the STH presale ends tomorrow.

Old
01-24-2013, 09:39 AM
Devils Dominion
Spend Harris' $ Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke3026 View Post
For those of you who've gotten your packages (still waiting on mine), is there any info in there about the free kids passes games? I'm trying to plan out what game(s) I'm taking my kids to but don't want to buy tickets only to find out I could have gotten them free. It'd be nice if they'd let us know before the STH presale ends tomorrow.
They said we will find out about that at a later time.

It's a safe bet to assume that the April 20 1pm game vs Florida will be one of those games, along with the 1pm President's Day game vs Ottawa.

Old
01-24-2013, 09:41 AM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Send a message via AIM to cj225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke3026 View Post
Like DD said, they will let us know at later dates.

Don't forget you can still buy tickets throughout the season at the STH price.

Closed Thread