HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

The Official Prudential Center, Surrounding Area & Season Ticket Thread

Closed Thread

Old
02-01-2013, 10:42 AM
Luke3026
When you're burned..

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevil26 View Post
I am never parking in the lot across the street from the arena again.... the elevated lot on Edison/Mulberry. Getting in from Rt 21 was real easy... getting out was a freaking nightmare. We left right after the game and got right in the car at around 9:40. We didn't get through Rt 21 onto 1&9 south until 10:40.
I'm usually a train guy, but drove in last night. The lot at 299 Mulberry is gonna be by go-to lot. Can pay online for $11.99. 4 blocks away -- 8 minute walk. It's far enough from the arena to make it easier getting out. About 10 minutes from starting my car til merging onto 78 West.

Old
02-01-2013, 10:57 AM
njdevil26

There's a nice little lot on he corner of Beaver and Clinton that I'm going to park at from now on.

Old
02-01-2013, 11:13 AM
Brick City
Ignore me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
I have to admit, when I saw the crowd for the picture tonight I was scared I wouldn't get out of there before the parking lot closed - and when I did get back to the parking lot there was only one other car left there lol. But I do give credit to the Devils for running the thing in a timely fashion, I'm just glad my seats are right above section 10 so I could get down fairly quickly.
The parking garage across from the TD Bank on Mulberry is open 24 hours FYI.

Old
02-01-2013, 11:18 AM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Send a message via AIM to cj225
Quote:
I am never parking in the lot across the street from the arena again.... the elevated lot on Edison/Mulberry. Getting in from Rt 21 was real easy... getting out was a freaking nightmare. We left right after the game and got right in the car at around 9:40. We didn't get through Rt 21 onto 1&9 south until 10:40.
It's always like that right after the game. That's why we always stick around and let everyone leave before us. We also don't get on 21, but that's still ridiculous. When I do need to go 21, I opt for the back roads by Hell's Kitchen and come out at the traffic light as close to 21 as possible, avoids a ton of traffic.

Old
02-01-2013, 11:56 AM
Devils Dominion
Spend Harris' $ Lou

Quote:
J&L parking on Mulberry & Walnut, $15.
Near Mulberry Pizza and the new bar that opened on Mulberry & Cottage.

I never use Route-21, all backroads for me to get to Route 280.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:58 PM
Wingman77
Glory Days

Broad street is another option that I sometimes use.....I breeze through and get back on 21 by the Rutger Bus. school/Newark Bears stadium

Old
02-01-2013, 08:37 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

If only the NCAA wasn't pulling everything from New Jersey

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...rk-source-says

Old
02-01-2013, 08:44 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

When is the NCAA Tournament coming back again? It was good a couple years ago, and I don't see it on the list of sites for any of the next three years.

Old
02-01-2013, 08:55 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

Quote:
When is the NCAA Tournament coming back again? It was good a couple years ago, and I don't see it on the list of sites for any of the next three years.
Never. NCAA pulled the Big East from Red Bull Arena because it doesn't host post season tournaments in states with sport gambling which New Jersey is trying to legalize.

Old
02-01-2013, 09:08 PM
Devils Dominion
Spend Harris' $ Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoyJPP View Post
Never. NCAA pulled the Big East from Red Bull Arena because it doesn't host post season tournaments in states with sport gambling which New Jersey is trying to legalize.
Which is hypocritical of the NCAA.

But if sports betting does not pass, it's very possible that The Rock will get the NCAAs again.

Old
02-01-2013, 09:10 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Dominion View Post
Which is hypocritical of the NCAA.

But if sports betting does not pass, it's very possible that The Rock will get the NCAAs again.
I fully agree

Even if it doesn't pass the NCAA is going to be weary of booking a tournament date 3 years in the future as the possibility will continue to loom

Old
02-01-2013, 09:12 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Oy, oh well...I'm glad I did make myself go when it was here even though I'm not a huge college basketball fan. Maybe I should go to a Seton Hall game, if they were ever relevant again. I never could make myself go to a Nets game cause they weren't relevant while in Newark.

Old
02-01-2013, 10:47 PM
Colin226
NJ Devils STH

It's so stupid for several reasons.. 1) Who does the NCAA think they are trying to control governments like this. It's not their place.. 2) Ok so you'll have tournaments at MSG and Barclay's, that's just as close to AC anyway.. 3) How many people actually go to Vegas to gamble on sports? But how many people gamble on sports illegally with their own bookie? It's already being done all over the country, this just legitimizes it and taxes it

Old
02-01-2013, 11:26 PM
Scott04

Quote:
Oy, oh well...I'm glad I did make myself go when it was here even though I'm not a huge college basketball fan. Maybe I should go to a Seton Hall game, if they were ever relevant again. I never could make myself go to a Nets game cause they weren't relevant while in Newark.
Seton Hall had some moments of relevance the last 2 years. Never a full season, but at times here and there. I am going to take full credit as I was an enrolled student during that stretch. Good recruiting class coming in for next year though apparently, so maybe they will have some relevance again in the relatively near future.

I doubt the NCAA would rush back to the Rock though. MSG fully renovated + the Barclays. They will most likely be content with using one of those two as a site for either a regional or 2nd/3rd round matchups once every 3-4 years. Before the sports gambling thing the Prudential Center was definitely in that mix. But I'm sure they will have no problem removing them from their NY/NJ region list...

Old
02-01-2013, 11:29 PM
Wingman77
Glory Days

With the 13 straight sellouts dating back to last season and 3 already this season, first thing when you click on the Devils home page is that Tuesday's game and the Saturday game on the 9th againts the Pens are apparently sold out also

Solid stuff, I like to think a big part of it has to do with a lot of the casual fans not being very aware about getting tickets online and a lot of those people finding ways to get tickets now through the Devils social media stuff on FB, twitter, etc because starting last season really, the social media outlets for the team never really put any mention about tickets in its posts and now there is stuff more frequently

Old
02-01-2013, 11:44 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
Seton Hall had some moments of relevance the last 2 years. Never a full season, but at times here and there. I am going to take full credit as I was an enrolled student during that stretch. Good recruiting class coming in for next year though apparently, so maybe they will have some relevance again in the relatively near future.

I doubt the NCAA would rush back to the Rock though. MSG fully renovated + the Barclays. They will most likely be content with using one of those two as a site for either a regional or 2nd/3rd round matchups once every 3-4 years. Before the sports gambling thing the Prudential Center was definitely in that mix. But I'm sure they will have no problem removing them from their NY/NJ region list...
The Garden rarely wants it. They are content with the Big East and the NIT. Syracuse will remain their top spot in New York simply due to seating capacity.

Old
02-01-2013, 11:45 PM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin226 View Post
It's so stupid for several reasons.. 1) Who does the NCAA think they are trying to control governments like this. It's not their place.. 2) Ok so you'll have tournaments at MSG and Barclay's, that's just as close to AC anyway.. 3) How many people actually go to Vegas to gamble on sports? But how many people gamble on sports illegally with their own bookie? It's already being done all over the country, this just legitimizes it and taxes it
That's not the issue. Harry Reid is the Senate Majority Leader, and thus one of the most powerful people in America. He will do everything in his power to make sure New Jersey fails.

Old
02-01-2013, 11:47 PM
Scott04

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoyJPP View Post
The Garden rarely wants it. They are content with the Big East and the NIT. Syracuse will remain their top spot in New York simply due to seating capacity.
The Garden will still want an NCAA Regional. Maybe not the early rounds, but they will want the Regional because its still a big event to have. On top of that, the Big East isn't a relevant concept anymore. This may be the last year there is any appeal to that tournament. At its best, another year or two after it. Whether the Garden will have the tourney for whatever conference comes from this is another story. But that's nothing on their long term plan, and definitely not enough to make them decide they want nothing to do with the NCAAs. Of course they will want Syracuse, but the NCAA isn't going to turn down NYC once every 5 or so years.

Old
02-01-2013, 11:48 PM
MartysBetterThanYou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman77 View Post
With the 13 straight sellouts dating back to last season and 3 already this season, first thing when you click on the Devils home page is that Tuesday's game and the Saturday game on the 9th againts the Pens are apparently sold out also

Solid stuff, I like to think a big part of it has to do with a lot of the casual fans not being very aware about getting tickets online and a lot of those people finding ways to get tickets now through the Devils social media stuff on FB, twitter, etc because starting last season really, the social media outlets for the team never really put any mention about tickets in its posts and now there is stuff more frequently
While this is great to see, I am still confused as to how they are defining sellout, as one can still buy tickets to the Rangers game on Ticketmaster. Maybe when they fall below the threshold where they know they will give away all the remaining tickets in the $10 ticket line?

Old
02-01-2013, 11:48 PM
Devils86

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
That's not the issue. Harry Reid is the Senate Majority Leader, and thus one of the most powerful people in America. He will do everything in his power to make sure New Jersey fails.
Maybe we can get Chris Christie to wack him

Old
02-01-2013, 11:50 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
The Garden will still want an NCAA Regional. Maybe not the early rounds, but they will want the Regional because its still a big event to have. On top of that, the Big East isn't a relevant concept anymore. This may be the last year there is any appeal to that tournament. At its best, another year or two after it. Whether the Garden will have the tourney for whatever conference comes from this is another story. But that's nothing on their long term plan, and definitely not enough to make them decide they want nothing to do with the NCAAs. Of course they will want Syracuse, but the NCAA isn't going to turn down NYC once every 5 or so years.
It has nothing to do with the NCAA. MSG doesn't even submit to host. They just submitted for NCAA for the first time in 40 something years. For whatever reason they aren't all that interested. And they may say they aren't interested in hosting the ACC come 2016 but once the Big East dissolves they will scoop up and take it

Old
02-02-2013, 12:09 AM
Wingman77
Glory Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartysBetterThanYou View Post
While this is great to see, I am still confused as to how they are defining sellout, as one can still buy tickets to the Rangers game on Ticketmaster. Maybe when they fall below the threshold where they know they will give away all the remaining tickets in the $10 ticket line?
Not sure how that works, but regardless we're getting a lot more butts in the seats to start which coming off a lockout is pretty impressive

Good to see the cup run momentum has carried over

Old
02-02-2013, 12:49 AM
zap14

The first two college night games will be on February 7th and 12th.

Old
02-02-2013, 07:46 AM
Colin226
NJ Devils STH

Right now we're up to 15 straight home sellouts.. We sold out the last game of the 2012 regular season, 11 straight playoff games, and the first 3 home games

With Tuesday and inevitable sellout, as well as next Saturday, we have a chance to get the streak to 18 if we can just sell out that Lightning game.. That has to be a Devils record

Old
02-02-2013, 08:45 AM
severian

limited tickets for the lightning and hurricanes game appears to be half the upper deck and huge chunks of the balconies. hopefully college night gets butts in the seat to sell those out too. after that there is a friday night flyer game which should sellout and an afternoon presidents day game which could get a decent crowd if they make it a family night game.

Closed Thread