HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

Marketing idea for the KHL

Old
05-03-2012, 08:47 AM
Mr Kanadensisk

vCash: 500
Marketing idea for the KHL

If I were the KHL I would be funding a major study on concussions and brain injuries in sports. My guess is they would find conclusive evidence that KHL players are much less likely than NHLers to be effected by this. Also the KHL is in a better position to ban fighting and hits to the head than the NHL since their product is less based on physical play.

This is becoming a bigger and bigger issue in North America. If I were a KHL owner and I had solid evidence on this I would be going straight to any NHL superstar who has had a concussion and saying do you really want risk ruining your life by continuing to play in the NHL?

Mr Kanadensisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 09:05 AM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Kanadensisk View Post
If I were the KHL I would be funding a major study on concussions and brain injuries in sports. My guess is they would find conclusive evidence that KHL players are much less likely than NHLers to be effected by this. Also the KHL is in a better position to ban fighting and hits to the head than the NHL since their product is less based on physical play.

This is becoming a bigger and bigger issue in North America. If I were a KHL owner and I had solid evidence on this I would be going straight to any NHL superstar who has had a concussion and saying do you really want risk ruining your life by continuing to play in the NHL?
If they went to players under contract it would create many issues and it would not help the Khl short term or long term plus the other thing is if they started to play games like that the Nhl could sayw ere not going to the Olympics plus you could see no Russians drafted.

wjhl2009fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 09:33 AM
IJKPrinciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjhl2009fan View Post
plus you could see no Russians drafted.
DEFINITELY a good thing.

IJKPrinciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 09:35 AM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IJKPrinciple View Post
DEFINITELY a good thing.
It depends how you look at it while it may help grass roots hockey in Russia in some ways you may see more young Russian players go to the Chl/Ushl.

Old
05-03-2012, 09:35 AM
malkinfan

Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjhl2009fan View Post
If they went to players under contract it would create many issues and it would not help the Khl short term or long term plus the other thing is if they started to play games like that the Nhl could sayw ere not going to the Olympics plus you could see no Russians drafted.
that seems a little extreme I think.... If anything it would convince the NHL to increase the ice surface size slightly although I doubt this. Ron Maclean once suggested this on HNIC and Glenn Healey (idiot) quickly shut him down citing loss in revenues from losing lower bowl seats from the ice increase....Think about that one for a minute... You wouldn't lose the lower bowl revenue, you would just lose upper bowl revenues because there would still be ice level seats, they would just be 2 or 3 rows higher and there would be a loss of a few rows in total. Glenn Healey didn't think that one through... BTW this was a response to Kovalevs claims that the game in the KHL is much safer than the game in the NHL, so this marketing ploy was already kind of given a shot by spokesman Kovalev.... Wait Kovalev doesn't even play in the KHL

malkinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 09:39 AM
IJKPrinciple

This is what I found on topic:

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/...sions-khl.html

IJKPrinciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 09:50 AM
malkinfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Kanadensisk View Post
Also the KHL is in a better position to ban fighting and hits to the head than the NHL since their product is less based on physical play.
Please no. Only soccer moms want fighting out of the NHL, I don't know one hockey player or fan who has ever supported this idea? I really don't know how this movement got legs... I wouldn't say the KHL is less physical, there are still big physical defenseman who finish their hits, and for the most part guys finish their hits as much as they do in the NHL. The obvious reason is that the bigger ice surface calls for fewer collisions. Its like gr. 9 science class: In a solid or liquid there are smaller areas(volume) than gas and so the molecules collide more often! Its not that the molecules are anymore physical than in solid than gas, just different sized areas

Old
05-03-2012, 10:03 AM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by malkinfan View Post
that seems a little extreme I think.... If anything it would convince the NHL to increase the ice surface size slightly although I doubt this. Ron Maclean once suggested this on HNIC and Glenn Healey (idiot) quickly shut him down citing loss in revenues from losing lower bowl seats from the ice increase....Think about that one for a minute... You wouldn't lose the lower bowl revenue, you would just lose upper bowl revenues because there would still be ice level seats, they would just be 2 or 3 rows higher and there would be a loss of a few rows in total. Glenn Healey didn't think that one through... BTW this was a response to Kovalevs claims that the game in the KHL is much safer than the game in the NHL, so this marketing ploy was already kind of given a shot by spokesman Kovalev.... Wait Kovalev doesn't even play in the KHL
I don't think the revenue is the big issue would it be making it better or not you would have a ton of players who have played there careers on small ice go to big ice and many may have issues then you could see a drop of scoring then the other thing is big ice in Na you still have the same issues as on the small ice.

Old
05-03-2012, 10:03 AM
malkinfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IJKPrinciple View Post
Yes this was what I was talking about. But I saw an on air discussion about this and Glenn Healeys comment makes almost 0 sense. Can someone explain to me loss in revenue that Healey is talking about? Assuming you lose 2 rows x 150 seats around roughly thats 300 seats. 300 seats at $25 (noseblead seat-thats generous for most clubs) is $7,500 lost revenue a game. If you have a 20 k seat arena a $2.50 increase in every ticket price would completely negate the loss - thank you very much Glenn Healey your an IDIOT. I'm not even going to attempt to pick apart his sight lines comment.

Old
05-03-2012, 02:58 PM
Mr Kanadensisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by malkinfan View Post
Please no. Only soccer moms want fighting out of the NHL, I don't know one hockey player or fan who has ever supported this idea? I really don't know how this movement got legs... I wouldn't say the KHL is less physical, there are still big physical defenseman who finish their hits, and for the most part guys finish their hits as much as they do in the NHL. The obvious reason is that the bigger ice surface calls for fewer collisions. Its like gr. 9 science class: In a solid or liquid there are smaller areas(volume) than gas and so the molecules collide more often! Its not that the molecules are anymore physical than in solid than gas, just different sized areas
I personally would love to see all the staged fights between enforcers out of hockey. I have to admit I loved it before the goon area when great players who were tough sometimes fought when they were genuinely pissed off at each other. However if it turns out that there is solid evidence that these players suffer chronic brain injuries then we have to rethink things. I don't want anyone crippling themselves for my entertainment.

Mr Kanadensisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 05:26 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Unfortunatelly I did not find more suitable thread, so I put video here. It is about Atlant Moscow region marketing things during last season. It was presented at club´s meeting of marketing ppl in may.

http://atlant-mo.ru/media/atlanttv/i...608224350.html
text http://www.atlant-mo.ru/news/news-at...medium=twitter

vorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 05:41 PM
Vicente

IMO the game in the KHL isn't less physical but hits are less dirty + only Vityaz has some NA guys who beat every other guy just because they can't play hockey - in the NHL there are more of this sort.

Vicente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2012, 07:22 PM
perklunt
smaržas parfume.lv

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
Unfortunatelly I did not find more suitable thread, so I put video here. It is about Atlant Moscow region marketing things during last season. It was presented at club´s meeting of marketing ppl in may.

http://atlant-mo.ru/media/atlanttv/i...608224350.html
text http://www.atlant-mo.ru/news/news-at...medium=twitter
тема сисек не раскрыта

P.S sorry !

perklunt is offline   Reply With Quote