HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 NHL Entry Draft Talk Part 16 : One week left!

Closed Thread

Old
06-10-2012, 07:46 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

vCash: 500
I don't know, but it feels like Teravainen just sky rocketed the rankings way too high and in a matter of a couple of months. It's not like Huberdeau that has been a constant progression. Teravainen is a good player, but I rather pick Galchenyuk or Forsberg. The draft is weak with the forwards..maybe it helped Teravainen's ranking.

Old
06-10-2012, 07:51 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Trading down would piss me off unless Galchenyuk is off the board. Let someone trade up to take Murray. Taking TT or Forsberg would be fine consolation prizes.

What I like about TT is how young he is. He basically has a year more of development to the rest of the players.

Old
06-10-2012, 07:52 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
I don't know, but it feels like Teravainen just sky rocketed the rankings way too high and in a matter of a couple of months. It's not like Huberdeau that has been a constant progression. Teravainen is a good player, but I rather pick Galchenyuk or Forsberg. The draft is weak with the forwards..maybe it helped Teravainen's ranking.
Teravainen had been trending upwards all year. If anything he was helped by injuries and other issues hitting Yakupov, Galchenyuk and Grigorenko, but when you consider he's one of the youngest players in the draft, his trending doesn't strike me as fluke as much as it is a guy who international scouts found more they liked the more they paid attention to.

Galchenyuk and Forsberg have been followed longer, yeah, but TT was slept on between his age and size.

Old
06-10-2012, 07:57 PM
Lars The GOAT Eller
PSN: WildGranlund

Send a message via Skype™ to Lars The GOAT Eller
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Trading down would piss me off unless Galchenyuk is off the board. Let someone trade up to take Murray. Taking TT or Forsberg would be fine consolation prizes.

What I like about TT is how young he is. He basically has a year more of development to the rest of the players.
This is how I feel.
If you can't get Gally, theres no point in taking TT or Grigs at 3, and unless you love Forsberg, theres no better forward option at 3 (Although I love FF myself, Center is a bigger need, unless TT is confident in Forsberg playing center like he did in Junior.

Old
06-10-2012, 08:02 PM
shutehinside

We haven't had this high a draft pick in decades. We're not going to trade for a lower pick. We might try to move up, but I can guarantee we won't trade down. Makes no sense and it would open up the potential to a huge debacle. Too much risk for such a high pick.

Trading down or up makes more sense later in the draft or with a #1 IF you get a ridiculous package. Other than that, it's just not done very often.

Old
06-10-2012, 08:17 PM
Harry Kakalovich

I'd really like the Canadiens to draft Ryan Murray out of the WHL. I think he might be picked before #3, but if he is still there, I think he could be a very smart pick up for the Canadiens.

Old
06-10-2012, 08:42 PM
rockjngo

I think Edmonton might bite if we packaged PK Subban with Lars Eller for the #1 overall pick. If I was Edmonton I might do that as Eller will give me size and power at #2C and Subban will give me a #1D.

The problem is we don't have anyone close to replacing PK Subban. With Desharnais and Plekanec as 1-2, and if we end up drafting Galchenyuk. Eller will be moved back in the depth chart. Then again we could land Nail Yakupov to play with Alex Galchenyuk.

Old
06-10-2012, 08:45 PM
KawaYui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Kakalovitch View Post
I'd really like the Canadiens to draft Ryan Murray out of the WHL. I think he might be picked before #3, but if he is still there, I think he could be a very smart pick up for the Canadiens.
why would you want him? we have depth on def. Yes, he's good, yes with him on our lineup + tinordi + subban + ellis + beaulieu + gorges we would be one of the best teams defensively, but when you have the chance to draft a top 1st line center, you don't take a defensement. + when your team needed a first line center for years !

Old
06-10-2012, 08:46 PM
WHATaboutLOVE

Trading PK would break the hearts of so many fans, I know that winning is the most important, but let the fans have their favorite player, theyre the ones paying for the tickets.

Old
06-10-2012, 08:47 PM
KawaYui

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjngo View Post
I think Edmonton might bite if we packaged PK Subban with Lars Eller for the #1 overall pick. If I was Edmonton I might do that as Eller will give me size and power at #2C and Subban will give me a #1D.

The problem is we don't have anyone close to replacing PK Subban. With Desharnais and Plekanec as 1-2, and if we end up drafting Galchenyuk. Eller will be moved back in the depth chart. Then again we could land Nail Yakupov to play with Alex Galchenyuk.
Subban + Eller for Yakupov = Overpayment IMO.
Why would we trade two establish nhl player for one player who might not make the nhl.
If we knew what PK would've become, he would've been in the top 5, if not in the top 3 in the draft IMO

Old
06-10-2012, 08:49 PM
Lars The GOAT Eller
PSN: WildGranlund

Send a message via Skype™ to Lars The GOAT Eller
I still don't understand why you guys want to trade Subban for Yakupov, your filling a need while opening up a much larger one, and adding Eller to that just makes it too much..

Old
06-10-2012, 08:56 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

I can't imagine Subban in an Oilers jersey..doesn't seems right.

Old
06-10-2012, 08:57 PM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
What happens draft day happens. All I know is it can't seem to get here fast enough.

Old
06-10-2012, 09:12 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
The Murray pick and Subban + Eller deals are the two biggest facepalms of my night.

Old
06-10-2012, 09:23 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
What happens draft day happens. All I know is it can't seem to get here fast enough.
I'd gladly trade you a Gretzky for two Lemiuex's,Mario & Claude?

Old
06-10-2012, 09:46 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:

I just, i just dont know why anyone would make this deal, no GM in the NHL would tell you trading Eller and PK for the first overall pick would be a GOOD move...

I CANT BELIEVE how many people have simply pushed eller aside since weve gotten the 3rd overall pick, it just astounds me, everyone wants to draft a big skilled center, and people forget we potentialy HAVE one in Eller, size, speed, skill, and has been used on the PK in the later stages of this season, he doesnt have a wicked wrist shot but thats the least of my concerns

and packaging PK? well i simply have nothing to say to that. I really cant beleive you or anyone else would think this would "help" the team.

Itd be great to draft another winger to complement our soft top 6 wing core, but i also still wouldnt mind galchenyuk (however, this would also mean 1 of DD, eller, plekanec would have to be dealt)

Old
06-10-2012, 09:47 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
The Murray pick and Subban + Eller deals are the two biggest facepalms of my night.
Trading a 2nd and our 1st to move up a spot and draft Murray - for the win.

Old
06-10-2012, 09:53 PM
Montreal Impact FC
.:| Champ's City |:.

Quote:

nope, i wouldnt offer more than beaulieu, eller and 2nd round 2014 overall. not more. no way i am giving away PK.

Old
06-10-2012, 10:02 PM
Rise from the Ashes
Price defies corsi

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Really have no clue what the hell is going to happen at this draft. Too many scenarios. People think that Timmins is high on Gally and Forsberg because they are "character kids'; yet Grigorenko has demonstrated countless time that he is just as much a character kid as them if not more. One thing is obvious with Grigorenko: he loves hockey. This young man wants to be a professional hockey player in the NHL and he will be a hell of a good one. All he needs to do is put on weight and he will be a force. Things will get interesting between now and June 22nd.

Old
06-10-2012, 10:07 PM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

I know this is HFBoards but talk about overrating prospects. Eller AND Subban for Yakupov, holy overpayment.

Old
06-10-2012, 10:08 PM
overlords
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
I know this is HFBoards but talk about overrating prospects. Eller AND Subban for Yakupov, holy overpayment.
Pretty much.

Old
06-10-2012, 10:10 PM
WHATaboutLOVE

I know that he's ranking pretty high, but I know like nothing about Murray. Some say that he's not flashy at all, not a big offensive guy. I'm just wondering... why is he ranked so high if he's like a Josh Gorges with maybe 30-40 pts potential?

Why guys like Dumba or Rielly who can become flashy superstars aren't ranked higher?

Note: I am NOT hating on Murray, since I do not know him, just waiting for someone to talk more about him so I can understand all the hype.

Old
06-10-2012, 10:22 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
One thing though that puzzles me a lot. I would have wanted to see Faksa and Girgemsons play more 'cause at a certain point, it is a strong possibility that both guys might not be THAT far behind Gally. It is really possible that both guys leaves after the top 10 and yet end up beig pretty signicant players for their team. So what if we trade down with the idea that no matter what happens, we would get an interesting centermen, whether it's Gally, Faksa or Girgemsons.

Note: I am NOT talking about Gaunce here. Which to me he's underrated and might end up to be nothing more than what we'd hope Chipchura to become. And while getting a good 3rd line centerman might not be bad, it would AWFUL when you have a chance to be #3. But Faksa and Girgemsons might be worth the trading down.

Old
06-10-2012, 10:29 PM
EveryDay

Gally
Forsberg
Grigorenko

One of them please!

Old
06-10-2012, 10:58 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Man got my last 3 days of School this week.. Then Exams Thursday, Friday... Finish my 10th grade exams Monday & Tuesday and then the draft will be 3 days away. Gona be such an eventfull next 12 Days.

Im going for Forsberg. Reasons being, first of all, I don't think Galchenyuk will be there at #3. Secondly, could somebody tell me who was the last Sweed picked in the Top 3 that ended up being a bust (By this I don't mean underachieving) I mean a plain out bust (I don't think I can remember any off the top of my head)

Closed Thread