HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 NHL Entry Draft Talk Part 16 : One week left!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-13-2012, 11:18 PM
  #726
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou
 
Myron Gaines*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,391
vCash: 500
I have a feeling that this draft will be 2003 part 2 depth wise.


Edit: If we draft Jankowski, it'd be awesome if his dad could stand in the podium and announce it.

Myron Gaines* is offline  
Old
06-13-2012, 11:18 PM
  #727
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Interesting tidbit, one of our scouts Ryan Jankowski is related to Mark Jankowski.


I also think we have a new scout, Alvin Backus for BCJHL.

http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=52816
backus was with us last year. He was only added to the website today for whatever reason.

overlords is offline  
Old
06-13-2012, 11:27 PM
  #728
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou
 
Myron Gaines*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
backus was with us last year. He was only added to the website today for whatever reason.
It wouldn't surprise me if it's a Bergevin move.

Myron Gaines* is offline  
Old
06-13-2012, 11:30 PM
  #729
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,772
vCash: 500
As I made my list in order, I have no idea to this day how people have Gaunce in their top 20. There might be riskier players out there but the ceiling for some is so much higher than him. Gaunce is definatley a 1st round....but I might have him at 25.

Whitesnake is online now  
Old
06-13-2012, 11:58 PM
  #730
hogtownhabsfan*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
As I made my list in order, I have no idea to this day how people have Gaunce in their top 20. There might be riskier players out there but the ceiling for some is so much higher than him. Gaunce is definatley a 1st round....but I might have him at 25.
I was never really impressed with Gaunce when I watched him, but what I like about him is

-Great size already at nearly 6'2" and 207lbs
-fantastic athleticism as shown at the NHL combine where he finished top 10 in 11 categories.
-the skills to be taken #2 in the OHL Priority draft after Galchenyuk

And the production wasn't too bad either. I think he ends up going in the late teens, looked at as #2-#3 type center with upside if he can improve his stride.

hogtownhabsfan* is offline  
Old
06-14-2012, 12:00 AM
  #731
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,772
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
I was never really impressed with Gaunce when I watched him, but what I like about him is

-Great size already at nearly 6'2" and 207lbs
-fantastic athleticism as shown at the NHL combine where he finished top 10 in 11 categories.
-the skills to be taken #2 in the OHL Priority draft after Galchenyuk

And the production wasn't too bad either. I think he ends up going in the late teens, looked at as #2-#3 type center with upside if he can improve his stride.
Don't believe Gaunce will be a top 6. He will be a NHL'er. But not as top 6 and not compared to at least 20 guys that I would portrait as top 6 forward and top 4 D's. 3rd line centerman isn't bad...but it's not what I would have in mind for a top 20.

Whitesnake is online now  
Old
06-14-2012, 12:10 AM
  #732
NotProkofievian
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,069
vCash: 500
I've never been impressed with Gaunce either. I would much rather have Faksa, Hertl, Kerdiles or any number of other forwards than him.


Last edited by NotProkofievian: 06-14-2012 at 12:16 AM.
NotProkofievian is offline  
Old
06-14-2012, 12:30 AM
  #733
hogtownhabsfan*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Don't believe Gaunce will be a top 6. He will be a NHL'er. But not as top 6 and not compared to at least 20 guys that I would portrait as top 6 forward and top 4 D's. 3rd line centerman isn't bad...but it's not what I would have in mind for a top 20.
I think he'll be the type that could either end up a 2nd line crash and bang complimentary winger, or a third line center. These types do go top 20 quite frequently.

hogtownhabsfan* is offline  
Old
06-14-2012, 12:39 AM
  #734
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,585
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
I don't see Grigorenko being there at 3rd. With Columbus moving Nash, they'll need a replacement. Grigs is a Centre, but he does play RW as well. He would look good on Johansen's right side.

That's my guess. Grigs going 2nd to Columbus
what ? really ? can we bet ? i would bet my hfboard account that Grigo doesnt go in the top5

JeromeHP is offline  
Old
06-14-2012, 01:10 AM
  #735
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,946
vCash: 500
Gaunce look's like 2012 Chipchura.

IM JUST SAIYAN

Mrb1p is offline  
Old
06-14-2012, 01:32 AM
  #736
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,505
vCash: 500
I REALLY want habs to get another 1st rounder. Hoping someone drops.

LyricalLyricist is offline  
Old
06-14-2012, 01:38 AM
  #737
Kikizaz
Registered User
 
Kikizaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Victoria BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,960
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
I REALLY want habs to get another 1st rounder. Hoping someone drops.
Is your avatar from Don Cherry's "don't give me any of that commie ______"?

Kikizaz is offline  
Old
06-14-2012, 01:48 AM
  #738
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,505
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikizaz View Post
Is your avatar from Don Cherry's "don't give me any of that commie ______"?
Yup, exactly. Nice guess.

LyricalLyricist is offline  
Old
06-14-2012, 01:52 AM
  #739
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby
 
Jabba11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,504
vCash: 500
Why don't we hear enough of this guy?

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=50291

Jabba11 is offline  
Old
06-14-2012, 04:28 AM
  #740
rockjngo
Registered User
 
rockjngo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,204
vCash: 500
I have the chance to see Brendan Gaunce play many games. I don't see any similarity between him and Kyle Chipchura. Some people hear watch or read and it affects there opinion haven't not see Gaunce. This guy is very skilled player, he's big and has good leadership. The question mark isn't about his skating like Chipchura, scouts question if he could put up more than point per game. A player similar to Gaunce in the NHL would be Mike Richards or Brooks Laich type.

rockjngo is offline  
Old
06-14-2012, 08:06 AM
  #741
Freaky Habs Fan
Registered User
 
Freaky Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: New-Brunswick
Posts: 9,505
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
As I made my list in order, I have no idea to this day how people have Gaunce in their top 20. There might be riskier players out there but the ceiling for some is so much higher than him. Gaunce is definatley a 1st round....but I might have him at 25.
The risk factor will drop a few players from people list. People have Gaunce higher because he'll be a player in the NHL. If people's list were based only on upside, a guy like Athanasiou would be top 15,but the risk factor is quite high so he's rated as a second rounder.

Freaky Habs Fan is offline  
Old
06-14-2012, 08:55 AM
  #742
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,342
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
8 Days...

WeThreeKings is offline  
Old
06-14-2012, 09:13 AM
  #743
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,271
vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
8 Days...
8 days to Grigorenko...............

























Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
06-14-2012, 09:22 AM
  #744
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,342
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
My updated mock with the new draft order.

1- Edmonton Oilers: Ryan Murray (They bite the bullet and take the BPA at their biggest position of need).
2 - Columbus Blue Jackets: Nail Yakupov (Russian factor wont scare them away from having a dynamic talent to replace Rick Nash).
3 - Montreal Canadiens: Alex Galchenyuk (They get the center theyve needed. Has everything Timmins looks for in a prospect).
4 - New York Islanders: Matt Dumba (They hope Murray falls to them, but takes the offense and physicality in Dumba).
5 - Toronto Maple Leafs: Filip Forsberg (Torn between him and Grigorenko, they decide to go for the more N-A European in the Swedish Forsberg).
6 - Anaheim Ducks: Mikhail Grigorenko (They desperately need a second line center to take the weight off Getzlafs shoulders. Too much talent for them to pass up on here).
7 - Minnesota Wild: Morgan Rielly (They have some talent upfront with Koivu and Granlund, they need a dynamic offensive player from the back end to help their PP. Rielly has the offense and the musculature to be a NHL defenseman in a year).
8 - Carolina Hurricanes: Teuvo Teravainen (Surprises he dropped all the way to them, they pick up a forward that is skilled and can either center Staal or play on his wing).
9 - Winnipeg Jets: Jacob Trouba (Trouba is the last player left of the top players in the draft, he will look good alternating shifts with Bogosian).
10 - Tampa Bay Lightning: Griffin Reinhart (Tampa Bay need defensive prospects badly and Reinhart is too good at 10 for them to pass up).
11 - Washington Capitals: Sebastian Collberg (They did well taking Johansson out of Sweden along with Backstrom. Gives them a Swedish sniper to use on their wings).
12 - Buffalo Sabres: Radek Faksa (Theyve been needing a big bruising center as long as time has existed. They can take Faksa and hope he can develop more than a 60 point upside).
13 - Dallas Stars: Olli Maata (Stars and Maata seem like a match made in heaven. Maata plays the style that Dallas likes. Heady, smart and steady).
14 - Calgary Flames: Brendan Gaunce (Flames like their big bodied players. Gaunce brings that and an NHL release).
15 - Ottawa Senators: Cody Ceci (Completes the big 3 with Cowen and Karlsson).
16 - Washington Capitals: Hampus Lindholm (After taking countryman Collberg, Capitals take the puck moving D from Sweden).
17 - San Jose Sharks: Derrick Pouliot (They are set up front but they have been lacking some depth on their blueline. Pouliot gives them that depth.)
18 - Chicago Blackhawks: Zemgus Girgensons (They won the cup off big physical depth players that can score on bottom lines. Girgensons provides this in spades and takes pressure off him from being a big point getter which may not be his future in the NHL).
19 - Tampa Bay Lightning: Pontus Aberg (After addressing their defensive woes with their first selection, they take the most offensively gifted player left in the draft).
20 - Philadelphia Flyers: Brady Skjei (With Pronger out, they look for a replacement. Skjei has the frame and he can skate with that frame. If he can gain a mean streak, its a good gamble).
21 - Buffalo Sabres: Matthew Finn (After getting Faksa, Buffalo takes a defenseman who can provide some offense with Tyler Myers).
22 - Pittsburgh Penguins: Malcolm Subban (They are losing faith in Fleury via the Vokoun trade, they take a chance on someone who can come in and dethrone him without too much urgency to make a switch).
23 - Florida Panthers: Ludvig Bystrom (They did well with a committee on defense and a lot of their recent drafts have seen them take mostly forwards. Bystrom gives Gudbranson a future companion on the back line).
24 - Boston Bruins: Thomas Wilson (Desperate to add more truculence, they go after Wilson and hope for a Lucic version 2).
25 - St. Louis Blues: Tomas Hertl (The Blues are smart, they draft smart and they get quality late in the first round. Hertl is a beast and could end up being a lot like Berglund).
26 - Vancouver Canucks: Slater Koekkoek (More depth on the blueline is always a good thing, they wanted Tinordi in 2010, Koekkoek might not be as big but he is an excellent prospect).
27 - Phoenix Coyotes: Nicolas Kerdiles (His showing in the U-18 was extraordinary. Coyotes thrive off scoring by committee which will be big for Kerdiles).
28 - New York Rangers: Stefan Matteau (Seems to be a consensus that they will take the Ranger name in Matteau).
29 - New Jersey Devils: Andrei Vasilevski (They mustve kept this selection for something, it might be to take the heir to the Brodeur throne).
30 - Los Angeles Kings: Michael Matheson (After losing Johnson to a trade, they pick up a promising defender who can hit, skate and make offensive plays).

WeThreeKings is offline  
Old
06-14-2012, 09:27 AM
  #745
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 31,216
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan View Post
The risk factor will drop a few players from people list. People have Gaunce higher because he'll be a player in the NHL. If people's list were based only on upside, a guy like Athanasiou would be top 15,but the risk factor is quite high so he's rated as a second rounder.
That's why a guy like Grigorenko will go closer to #10 than #1,2 or 3.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
06-14-2012, 09:35 AM
  #746
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,271
vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
That's why a guy like Grigorenko will go closer to #10 than #1,2 or 3.
Maybe we should trade up with our 2nd, next year's picks and prospect to acquire another top pick and draft him as well. This guy could still turn out to be a hell of a player

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
06-14-2012, 09:38 AM
  #747
habshound247
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 327
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
My updated mock with the new draft order.

1- Edmonton Oilers: Ryan Murray (They bite the bullet and take the BPA at their biggest position of need).2 - Columbus Blue Jackets: Nail Yakupov (Russian factor wont scare them away from having a dynamic talent to replace Rick Nash).
3 - Montreal Canadiens: Alex Galchenyuk (They get the center theyve needed. Has everything Timmins looks for in a prospect).
4 - New York Islanders: Matt Dumba (They hope Murray falls to them, but takes the offense and physicality in Dumba).
5 - Toronto Maple Leafs: Filip Forsberg (Torn between him and Grigorenko, they decide to go for the more N-A European in the Swedish Forsberg).
6 - Anaheim Ducks: Mikhail Grigorenko (They desperately need a second line center to take the weight off Getzlafs shoulders. Too much talent for them to pass up on here).
7 - Minnesota Wild: Morgan Rielly (They have some talent upfront with Koivu and Granlund, they need a dynamic offensive player from the back end to help their PP. Rielly has the offense and the musculature to be a NHL defenseman in a year).
8 - Carolina Hurricanes: Teuvo Teravainen (Surprises he dropped all the way to them, they pick up a forward that is skilled and can either center Staal or play on his wing).
9 - Winnipeg Jets: Jacob Trouba (Trouba is the last player left of the top players in the draft, he will look good alternating shifts with Bogosian).
10 - Tampa Bay Lightning: Griffin Reinhart (Tampa Bay need defensive prospects badly and Reinhart is too good at 10 for them to pass up).
11 - Washington Capitals: Sebastian Collberg (They did well taking Johansson out of Sweden along with Backstrom. Gives them a Swedish sniper to use on their wings).
12 - Buffalo Sabres: Radek Faksa (Theyve been needing a big bruising center as long as time has existed. They can take Faksa and hope he can develop more than a 60 point upside).
13 - Dallas Stars: Olli Maata (Stars and Maata seem like a match made in heaven. Maata plays the style that Dallas likes. Heady, smart and steady).
14 - Calgary Flames: Brendan Gaunce (Flames like their big bodied players. Gaunce brings that and an NHL release).
15 - Ottawa Senators: Cody Ceci (Completes the big 3 with Cowen and Karlsson).
16 - Washington Capitals: Hampus Lindholm (After taking countryman Collberg, Capitals take the puck moving D from Sweden).
17 - San Jose Sharks: Derrick Pouliot (They are set up front but they have been lacking some depth on their blueline. Pouliot gives them that depth.)
18 - Chicago Blackhawks: Zemgus Girgensons (They won the cup off big physical depth players that can score on bottom lines. Girgensons provides this in spades and takes pressure off him from being a big point getter which may not be his future in the NHL).
19 - Tampa Bay Lightning: Pontus Aberg (After addressing their defensive woes with their first selection, they take the most offensively gifted player left in the draft).
20 - Philadelphia Flyers: Brady Skjei (With Pronger out, they look for a replacement. Skjei has the frame and he can skate with that frame. If he can gain a mean streak, its a good gamble).
21 - Buffalo Sabres: Matthew Finn (After getting Faksa, Buffalo takes a defenseman who can provide some offense with Tyler Myers).
22 - Pittsburgh Penguins: Malcolm Subban (They are losing faith in Fleury via the Vokoun trade, they take a chance on someone who can come in and dethrone him without too much urgency to make a switch).
23 - Florida Panthers: Ludvig Bystrom (They did well with a committee on defense and a lot of their recent drafts have seen them take mostly forwards. Bystrom gives Gudbranson a future companion on the back line).
24 - Boston Bruins: Thomas Wilson (Desperate to add more truculence, they go after Wilson and hope for a Lucic version 2).
25 - St. Louis Blues: Tomas Hertl (The Blues are smart, they draft smart and they get quality late in the first round. Hertl is a beast and could end up being a lot like Berglund).
26 - Vancouver Canucks: Slater Koekkoek (More depth on the blueline is always a good thing, they wanted Tinordi in 2010, Koekkoek might not be as big but he is an excellent prospect).
27 - Phoenix Coyotes: Nicolas Kerdiles (His showing in the U-18 was extraordinary. Coyotes thrive off scoring by committee which will be big for Kerdiles).
28 - New York Rangers: Stefan Matteau (Seems to be a consensus that they will take the Ranger name in Matteau).
29 - New Jersey Devils: Andrei Vasilevski (They mustve kept this selection for something, it might be to take the heir to the Brodeur throne).
30 - Los Angeles Kings: Michael Matheson (After losing Johnson to a trade, they pick up a promising defender who can hit, skate and make offensive plays).


That had to be hard for you to say based on your thoughts on Murray. Not bad.

habshound247 is offline  
Old
06-14-2012, 09:40 AM
  #748
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,271
vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
My updated mock with the new draft order.

1- Edmonton Oilers: Ryan Murray (They bite the bullet and take the BPA at their biggest position of need).
2 - Columbus Blue Jackets: Nail Yakupov (Russian factor wont scare them away from having a dynamic talent to replace Rick Nash).
3 - Montreal Canadiens: Alex Galchenyuk (They get the center theyve needed. Has everything Timmins looks for in a prospect).
4 - New York Islanders: Matt Dumba (They hope Murray falls to them, but takes the offense and physicality in Dumba).
5 - Toronto Maple Leafs: Filip Forsberg (Torn between him and Grigorenko, they decide to go for the more N-A European in the Swedish Forsberg).
6 - Anaheim Ducks: Mikhail Grigorenko (They desperately need a second line center to take the weight off Getzlafs shoulders. Too much talent for them to pass up on here).
7 - Minnesota Wild: Morgan Rielly (They have some talent upfront with Koivu and Granlund, they need a dynamic offensive player from the back end to help their PP. Rielly has the offense and the musculature to be a NHL defenseman in a year).
8 - Carolina Hurricanes: Teuvo Teravainen (Surprises he dropped all the way to them, they pick up a forward that is skilled and can either center Staal or play on his wing).
9 - Winnipeg Jets: Jacob Trouba (Trouba is the last player left of the top players in the draft, he will look good alternating shifts with Bogosian).
10 - Tampa Bay Lightning: Griffin Reinhart (Tampa Bay need defensive prospects badly and Reinhart is too good at 10 for them to pass up).
11 - Washington Capitals: Sebastian Collberg (They did well taking Johansson out of Sweden along with Backstrom. Gives them a Swedish sniper to use on their wings).
12 - Buffalo Sabres: Radek Faksa (Theyve been needing a big bruising center as long as time has existed. They can take Faksa and hope he can develop more than a 60 point upside).
13 - Dallas Stars: Olli Maata (Stars and Maata seem like a match made in heaven. Maata plays the style that Dallas likes. Heady, smart and steady).
14 - Calgary Flames: Brendan Gaunce (Flames like their big bodied players. Gaunce brings that and an NHL release).
15 - Ottawa Senators: Cody Ceci (Completes the big 3 with Cowen and Karlsson).
16 - Washington Capitals: Hampus Lindholm (After taking countryman Collberg, Capitals take the puck moving D from Sweden).
17 - San Jose Sharks: Derrick Pouliot (They are set up front but they have been lacking some depth on their blueline. Pouliot gives them that depth.)
18 - Chicago Blackhawks: Zemgus Girgensons (They won the cup off big physical depth players that can score on bottom lines. Girgensons provides this in spades and takes pressure off him from being a big point getter which may not be his future in the NHL).
19 - Tampa Bay Lightning: Pontus Aberg (After addressing their defensive woes with their first selection, they take the most offensively gifted player left in the draft).
20 - Philadelphia Flyers: Brady Skjei (With Pronger out, they look for a replacement. Skjei has the frame and he can skate with that frame. If he can gain a mean streak, its a good gamble).
21 - Buffalo Sabres: Matthew Finn (After getting Faksa, Buffalo takes a defenseman who can provide some offense with Tyler Myers).
22 - Pittsburgh Penguins: Malcolm Subban (They are losing faith in Fleury via the Vokoun trade, they take a chance on someone who can come in and dethrone him without too much urgency to make a switch).
23 - Florida Panthers: Ludvig Bystrom (They did well with a committee on defense and a lot of their recent drafts have seen them take mostly forwards. Bystrom gives Gudbranson a future companion on the back line).
24 - Boston Bruins: Thomas Wilson (Desperate to add more truculence, they go after Wilson and hope for a Lucic version 2).
25 - St. Louis Blues: Tomas Hertl (The Blues are smart, they draft smart and they get quality late in the first round. Hertl is a beast and could end up being a lot like Berglund).
26 - Vancouver Canucks: Slater Koekkoek (More depth on the blueline is always a good thing, they wanted Tinordi in 2010, Koekkoek might not be as big but he is an excellent prospect).
27 - Phoenix Coyotes: Nicolas Kerdiles (His showing in the U-18 was extraordinary. Coyotes thrive off scoring by committee which will be big for Kerdiles).
28 - New York Rangers: Stefan Matteau (Seems to be a consensus that they will take the Ranger name in Matteau).
29 - New Jersey Devils: Andrei Vasilevski (They mustve kept this selection for something, it might be to take the heir to the Brodeur throne).
30 - Los Angeles Kings: Michael Matheson (After losing Johnson to a trade, they pick up a promising defender who can hit, skate and make offensive plays).
And that's why I think they would try to complete the trio. If Teuvo Teravainen is available for the Wild, I think they take him

Good list overall, can't wait until next Friday

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
06-14-2012, 09:41 AM
  #749
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,342
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by habshound247 View Post



That had to be hard for you to say based on your thoughts on Murray. Not bad.
I dont want him for the Habs because I like dimensional defenseman. Any team is going to be thrilled to get a player who will play 10-15 years in the NHL. Its not often you can draft a sure thing.

WeThreeKings is offline  
Old
06-14-2012, 10:02 AM
  #750
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner
 
Crimson Skorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lachine, Quebec
Country: Germany
Posts: 28,864
vCash: 500
Awards:
No doubt Rielly is a better option for Minnesota over Trouba, but I have the funny feeling they're going to go with Trouba in the end. Either way, one or the other will improve their already solid prospect pool. One thing is for sure, they need to add a goalie or two to their depth. Hackett appears to be a good back-up and there's not much that follows after that.

Nice write-up, WTK.

__________________
Shawn Wilken,
Head of Hockey Department
LastWordOnSports.com


Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Crimson Skorpion is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:27 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.