HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 NHL Entry Draft Talk Part 16 : One week left!

Closed Thread

Old
06-15-2012, 06:59 AM
le_sean

vCash: 612
I would think picking Forsberg is all based on what Rockstrom thinks of him. Some people got really excited when the Habs hired him but they have still stayed away from Swedish players.

Old
06-15-2012, 07:09 AM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjngo View Post
If Yakupov and Galchenyuk are taken 1-2, then I will use #3 pick on Filip Forsberg.
I would prefer Murray or trade the pick...

Old
06-15-2012, 07:13 AM
bhuya71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
Do people not see how beastly Hedman is? He's terribly underrated just because he's not scoring 40 pts a season.
Victor Hedman was throwing players around last season after coming back his injury...

THERE IS NOT A SINGLE TEAM in the NHL that wouldn't HESITATE to take him on their team.

Glad you see that his play isn't dictated by his stats... I hate it when people have such high expectations for a young player... the guys 21 people! I this year he will break out for 6-9 goals and 25+ assists while being an absolute beast on the backend logging a crap tonne of minutes. He has all the tools just needed time but I am absolutely sure this year as long as he stays healthy that he's just going to wreck it

Old
06-15-2012, 07:16 AM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
Do people not see how beastly Hedman is? He's terribly underrated just because he's not scoring 40 pts a season.

This.

Plus people forget that he is only 21. He will be a stud for a long time.....

Old
06-15-2012, 07:20 AM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
I would think picking Forsberg is all based on what Rockstrom thinks of him. Some people got really excited when the Habs hired him but they have still stayed away from Swedish players.
When was he hired? Because two years ago, Timmins said he was interested in a few Swedes, but they were not available to us.

Old
06-15-2012, 07:23 AM
WeThreeKings
Sept 19th

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
We dont really take from Europe all that often. We take maybe one foreign player a year.

Old
06-15-2012, 07:26 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
We dont really take from Europe all that often. We take maybe one foreign player a year.
8 the last 5 years so about 1.6

Old
06-15-2012, 07:26 AM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

The other thing is as well, Forsberg had a pretty terrible team and if it always about points Daigle would've been one of the best NHL'er ever.

Honestly I still want Gal, but in the case he's gone (which will upset me) I think I could live with Forsberg

Old
06-15-2012, 07:36 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I don't think we have center issues right now. In fact we are stronger at center(at the NHL level) than on defense, LW and RW. we could be stronger by getting a high end #1 guy instead of Plekanec who is a low end #1 or high end #2(depending on linemates). In terms of prospects, center is our 2nd weakest position after goalie, we have a lot of good wing prospects(guys like LeBlanc and Bournival probably project more as wingers) and a very deep group on defense.

All that being said I think DD can be part of things long term, being small doesn't stop Giroux or Briere from being key players. Crosby is hardly a giant, neither is Datsyuk or M.Richards. Krejci, Roy, Ribeiro and Weiss are all top centers and not very big.
right now, no. i don't see any issues there. matter of fact, center, right wing and goalie we are set. our more pressing issues and on defense and on the left wing.

that said, in 2 years, yeah, we could be having problems at center. eller plateaus, desharnais bombs, plekanec being on the wrong side of 30...

edit: and not much depth at center. i mean, enqvist?

Last edited by MasterDecoy: 06-15-2012 at 07:48 AM.
Old
06-15-2012, 07:39 AM
WeThreeKings
Sept 19th

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
right now, no. i don't see any issues there. matter of fact, center, right wing and goalie we are set. our more pressing issues and on defense and on the left wing.

that said, in 2 years, yeah, we could be having problems at center. eller plateaus, desharnais bombs, plekanec being on the wrong side of 30...
There are problems everywhere on our roster. Eller is perfect where he is at, DD should eventually be moved to the wing. Plekanec is a 2nd line center. We still miss the top flight 1st line center.

Outside of Pacioretty on the left wing, we have no good wingers that arent younger than 30.

D right now is our strongest. Markov, Subban, Gorges, Emelin. The bottom pairing just needs some steady vet blood. Weve got reinforcements on the way.

Price is a stud goalie. We have a decent back up in Budaj, just nobody coming in in the prospect poolé

Old
06-15-2012, 07:42 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post

Ideally we'd get a couple of centers in the pipeline out of our top 3-4 picks this year. Plus, it's easier to shift a center to wing than try to turn a winger into a center.

Old
06-15-2012, 07:44 AM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

If the oilers step to the podium and take Murray I'll be so happy, because then we get the player our guys want, if they take Yak columbus may go to a forward instead of murray, JESUS THIS DRAFT IS NUTS

Old
06-15-2012, 07:44 AM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan View Post
When was he hired? Because two years ago, Timmins said he was interested in a few Swedes, but they were not available to us.
Not sure what year but it's been a couple of seasons I think.

Old
06-15-2012, 08:07 AM
Kingbobert

if yakupov and galchenyuk are gone, i go with grigorenko or murray.

Grigorenko has had alot of critics against him about his commitment, but lets be honest, he left russia and his family and friends to come play here. He's made the effort to learn english and reports of him playing on a busted ankle and with mono just show that he's not lazy.

Yes he might not use his size to hit and play physical, but he protects the puck very well and is hard to knock off the puck.

he's already accustomed to quebec so playing here wont be a shock.

Murray, just cause our D would be one of the best in the league in 2 years with pk, beaulieu, tinordi, murray, gorges, emelin/diaz and young and all infront of price.

Old
06-15-2012, 08:15 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbobert View Post

Grigorenko has had alot of critics against him about his commitment, but lets be honest, he left russia and his family and friends to come play here. He's made the effort to learn english and reports of him playing on a busted ankle and with mono just show that he's not lazy.

Yes he might not use his size to hit and play physical, but he protects the puck very well and is hard to knock off the puck.

Murray, just cause our D would be one of the best in the league in 2 years with pk, beaulieu, tinordi, murray, gorges, emelin/diaz and young and all infront of price.
all hail the King.

Grigorenko, while I have him down my draft list behind 2-3 others, he is still highly talented. He uses his size to protect his puck posessionn, not take it away (see Spezza).

I am still firmly hoping we get Galchenyuk, who I see in a Toews style, but picking as high as we are does afford us the luxury of knowing that we have a blue chip prospect coming our way in a year or two

Old
06-15-2012, 08:32 AM
Bob in Niagara

If the guy we really want is gone at #3...there is the possibility of trading down a few spots....and still get the guy we want next....not a bad option really

Old
06-15-2012, 09:18 AM
habs_24x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbobert View Post

I would also like Grigo if Yak (1st choice) and Galchenyuk (2nd choice) go 1 and 2. my next choice is Forsberg.

Old
06-15-2012, 09:45 AM
WestIslander

Don't be surprised if Bergevin lands Huberdeau from Florida for the 3rd overall pick +++

I have a feeling we will see Bergevin talking to Tallon (whom he knows very well) on the draft floor about Huberdeau.

Old
06-15-2012, 09:49 AM
le_sean

Not to sound too flaming but one thing is for sure, wherever Forsberg ends up he's going to be popular among the ladies. Good looking, polite, athletic, rich and English as a second language. Girls are going to go nuts over him.

Old
06-15-2012, 09:54 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
Don't be surprised if Bergevin lands Huberdeau from Florida for the 3rd overall pick +++

I have a feeling we will see Bergevin talking to Tallon (whom he knows very well) on the draft floor about Huberdeau.
I prefer Galchenyuk even if we have to wait a year to get him in the NHL. 1-he has more of a durable body(will be 6'1" or 6'2" and around 210-215lbs vs 6' or 6'1" and 180-190lbs) plus Galcheyuk is a center and Huberdeau a LW, centers carry more value.

Old
06-15-2012, 09:58 AM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Not to sound too flaming but one thing is for sure, wherever Forsberg ends up he's going to be popular among the ladies. Good looking, polite, athletic, rich and English as a second language. Girls are going to go nuts over him.
That's an interesting observation.

Anyways, my big board for the habs is firmly set at:

1. Yakupov
2. Galchenyuk
3. Grigorenko

4. Murray
5. Forsberg
6. Teravainen

7. Reilly
8. Faksa
9. Dumba
10. Reinhart
11. Collberg
12. Trouba
13. Ceci

Old
06-15-2012, 10:01 AM
S Bah

Quote:

Wouldn't that be the icing on the cake for most of the Habs fans.I suppose it will all depend on which players are still available when the Habs pick.Huberdeau would be playing in Hamilton with all the other Habs prospects,the future of the Canadiens plying their trade in the AHL.

Old
06-15-2012, 10:04 AM
WestIslander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I prefer Galchenyuk even if we have to wait a year to get him in the NHL. 1-he has more of a durable body(will be 6'1" or 6'2" and around 210-215lbs vs 6' or 6'1" and 180-190lbs) plus Galcheyuk is a center and Huberdeau a LW, centers carry more value.
Huberdeau is a centre and some say the next Lecavalier!

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=122625

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospec...han_huberdeau/

Old
06-15-2012, 10:05 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
and he really didn't look impressive in the Memorial Cup. Depending on what the Panthers want, not sure I would move the 3rd overall pick for him

Old
06-15-2012, 10:11 AM
Et le But

Considering how erratic Vinny is, that suggestion might not be a compliment.

I would trade our pick for Huberdeau though. Our choices are at best, on par with him as a prospect, he's the mythical big centre everyone wants more so than any of the options here, and he speaks French.

Closed Thread