HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2012 NHL Entry Draft Talk Part 16 : One week left!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-15-2012, 10:16 AM
  #901
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 14,976
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
Don't be surprised if Bergevin lands Huberdeau from Florida for the 3rd overall pick +++

I have a feeling we will see Bergevin talking to Tallon (whom he knows very well) on the draft floor about Huberdeau.
I'm sorry but there is zero incentive for Florida to trade him. He is exactly the kind of player they need on the team right now and he already belongs to them. It would make no sense.

le_sean is offline  
Old
06-15-2012, 10:16 AM
  #902
hogtownhabsfan*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,727
vCash: 500
I think the Yakupov factor regarding Galchenyuk is being understated as well. Watching Yakupovs highlights, it's evident that he was the main focus everytime he was on the ice, and Galchenyuk was the beneficiary of the open ice that Yakupov created for him.

I really like Galchenyuk, but I am not completely sold on him like some here are.

hogtownhabsfan* is offline  
Old
06-15-2012, 10:19 AM
  #903
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,342
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
I have seen him 10-12 times a year the last two years. He is a winger, usually played on Phillips' wing.

In terms of Lecavalier, which version are you comparing him to? The one that was a stud #1 center until 07-08, 75-90 points a year. or the 08-12 version that puts up 65-70 points a year when he can play a full year. I don't really see a comparison. Huberdeau reminds me more of Richards(Brad) or Pominville.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
06-15-2012, 10:20 AM
  #904
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,342
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Wouldn't that be the icing on the cake for most of the Habs fans.I suppose it will all depend on which players are still available when the Habs pick.Huberdeau would be playing in Hamilton with all the other Habs prospects,the future of the Canadiens plying their trade in the AHL.
He can't play in the AHL next year, he will be 19, so it's NHL or QMJHL.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
06-15-2012, 10:31 AM
  #905
S Bah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 4,467
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
He can't play in the AHL next year, he will be 19, so it's NHL or QMJHL.
My bad I thought he turned 20 this month,he would have to stay in the QMJHL another year and gain some more weight/muscle to be ready for the rigors of the NHL.The fans would be truly excited at the prospect of having him play for the Habs never the less.

S Bah is offline  
Old
06-15-2012, 10:34 AM
  #906
HockeyFan87
Registered User
 
HockeyFan87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 91
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
I think the Yakupov factor regarding Galchenyuk is being understated as well. Watching Yakupovs highlights, it's evident that he was the main focus everytime he was on the ice, and Galchenyuk was the beneficiary of the open ice that Yakupov created for him.

I really like Galchenyuk, but I am not completely sold on him like some here are.
Really? Then, how do you explain that in the playoffs when both were coming back from injuries, Galchenyuk was the Sarnia Sting's best player and outplayed Yakupov who was even sit down by his coach?

From all I saw, Yakupov is a difference maker in only one zone for the moment, the offensive while Galchenyuk is a difference maker in all three zones: the offensive, the middle and the defensive.

HockeyFan87 is offline  
Old
06-15-2012, 10:34 AM
  #907
hogtownhabsfan*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
I'm sorry but there is zero incentive for Florida to trade him. He is exactly the kind of player they need on the team right now and he already belongs to them. It would make no sense.
Especially since Florida wants to win now, and Huberdeau is ready while whoever is taken at 3 would not be. Unless they really want Murray...

hogtownhabsfan* is offline  
Old
06-15-2012, 10:38 AM
  #908
hogtownhabsfan*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyFan87 View Post
Really? Then, how do you explain that in the playoffs when both were coming back from injuries, Galchenyuk was the Sarnia Sting's best player and outplayed Yakupov who was even sit down by his coach?

From all I saw, Yakupov is a difference maker in only one zone for the moment, the offensive while Galchenyuk is a difference maker in all three zones: the offensive, the middle and the defensive.
Didn't watch any of the STings playoff games so can't speak on the first point.

In regards to the second point, no doubt, but it's in the offensive zone where Galchenyuk really benefitted. The open space Yakupov created for him was unreal...

hogtownhabsfan* is offline  
Old
06-15-2012, 10:39 AM
  #909
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby
 
Jabba11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,382
vCash: 500
Btw, the size comparison between Gally and Huberdeau is irrelevant. Giroux is doing perfectly fine in the NHL.. You people are paranoid about size comparison of 17-18 yo kids.. And btw, Huberdeau has to leave the QMJHL...nothing left to prove. He has this whole summer to gain weight and crack the Panthers lineup.


Last edited by Jabba11: 06-15-2012 at 11:09 AM.
Jabba11 is online now  
Old
06-15-2012, 10:40 AM
  #910
HockeyFan87
Registered User
 
HockeyFan87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 91
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I have seen him 10-12 times a year the last two years. He is a winger, usually played on Phillips' wing.

In terms of Lecavalier, which version are you comparing him to? The one that was a stud #1 center until 07-08, 75-90 points a year. or the 08-12 version that puts up 65-70 points a year when he can play a full year. I don't really see a comparison. Huberdeau reminds me more of Richards(Brad) or Pominville.
I agree.

To be honest, I don't understand the people who compare Huberdeau to a young Lecavalier who was a 6'4 center blessed with great reach and was already really strong along the boards, which is not Huberdeau's forte at the moment. I don't even think Huberdeau has as much offensive potential as the young Vinny.

HockeyFan87 is offline  
Old
06-15-2012, 10:50 AM
  #911
S Bah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 4,467
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyFan87 View Post
I agree.

To be honest, I don't understand the people who compare Huberdeau to a young Lecavalier who was a 6'4 center blessed with great reach and was already really strong along the boards, which is not Huberdeau's forte at the moment. I don't even think Huberdeau has as much offensive potential as the young Vinny.
Another reason that Tallon may be persuaded with the Habs #3 pick which could be Murray/Yakupov etc.it depends which player is there when the Habs pick.Huberdeau is good but not Lafleur by a longshot or Lecavalier.

S Bah is offline  
Old
06-15-2012, 10:56 AM
  #912
rockjngo
Registered User
 
rockjngo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,156
vCash: 500
Huberdeau reminds me of a young Vincent Damphousse.

rockjngo is offline  
Old
06-15-2012, 11:04 AM
  #913
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot
 
QuebecPride's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sherbrooke , Qc
Country: Martinique
Posts: 2,437
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
I would think picking Forsberg is all based on what Rockstrom thinks of him. Some people got really excited when the Habs hired him but they have still stayed away from Swedish players.
Rockstrom scouts the entire Europe for the Habs. If i'm not mistaken, he's the one who wanted us to sign Diaz.

QuebecPride is offline  
Old
06-15-2012, 11:08 AM
  #914
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,966
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
Btw, the size comparison between Gally and Huberdeau is irrelevant. Giroux is doing perfectly fine in the NHL.. You people are paranoid about size comparison of 17-18 yo kids.. And btw, Hubrrdrau has to left to do in the QMJHL...nothing left to prove. He has this whole summer to gain weight and crack the Panthers lineup.
Size doesn't matter when you are 3 steps ahead of everybody, elusive like there's no tomorrow and have a real good balance. That's Giroux for you. So before you becomes a Giroux and want to make a impact real quickly, until you reach that level of excellence, a little size does help.

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
06-15-2012, 11:13 AM
  #915
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,611
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
Btw, the size comparison between Gally and Huberdeau is irrelevant. Giroux is doing perfectly fine in the NHL.. You people are paranoid about size comparison of 17-18 yo kids.. And btw, Huberdeau has to leave the QMJHL...nothing left to prove. He has this whole summer to gain weight and crack the Panthers lineup.
Well, how often do we hear that Grigorenko's selling point is that he's 6'3" ("He hypothetically could be 6'4" someday!"), I'd rather have the slightly smaller guy who already knows how to play his size, whether is be Huberdeau or Galchenyuk.

I still think drafting for size, especially in the top 10, has higher bust potential than anything else.

Et le But is offline  
Old
06-15-2012, 11:15 AM
  #916
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby
 
Jabba11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,382
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Size doesn't matter when you are 3 steps ahead of everybody, elusive like there's no tomorrow and have a real good balance. That's Giroux for you. So before you becomes a Giroux and want to make a impact real quickly, until you reach that level of excellence, a little size does help.
Do you agree with me that between Galchenyuk being 6'0.5 and Huberdeau, who is now 6'1, there's not much of a height difference. Weight does matter but Hubs is now 171lbs and can put on a few more before the season. I was referring to the poster that stated that Gally could turn out 6ft1-6ft2 vs a 6ft0-6ft1 Huberdeau..which is absurd since Huberdeau is already 6ft1..First the poster was wrong about his stats and second, he compared 2 similar players when comparing height. Yes Galchenyuk had a full year to become stronger..while Huberdeau half of a year to develop his skills. (Don't bring the Huberdeau is a year older, etc, I'm talking about this past year in terms of overall hockey development).

Jabba11 is online now  
Old
06-15-2012, 11:34 AM
  #917
Bronn
Registered Sellsword
 
Bronn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Highest Bidder
Posts: 10,855
vCash: 500
Take it for what it`s worth which means absolutely nothing but last night i dreamed that the Habs picked Ryan Murray. Why i dreamed about that i have no idea and the details are a bit vague but i clearly remember Timmins going to the podium and saying " The Canadiens are proud to select from the Everett Silvertips".

For the record i don`t want Murray. I want one of the 4 forwards but my subconscious seem to think otherwise

Bronn is offline  
Old
06-15-2012, 11:45 AM
  #918
Uwey
Registered User
 
Uwey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Lunenburg, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 551
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Size doesn't matter when you are 3 steps ahead of everybody, elusive like there's no tomorrow and have a real good balance. That's Giroux for you. So before you becomes a Giroux and want to make a impact real quickly, until you reach that level of excellence, a little size does help.
Plus Giroux is 5" taller & 10lbs heavier.

Giroux 5'11", http://www.nhlpa.com/Players/29509/

Desharnias 5'6", http://www.nhlpa.com/Players/30924/

One thing that stands out at me with DD play, is even when he is a prime shooting area, he will try to dish the puck off.

Uwey is offline  
Old
06-15-2012, 11:55 AM
  #919
WestIslander
Registered User
 
WestIslander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,329
vCash: 500
If Galchenyuk, Yakupov or Murray are still available at #3 then I would pick them, but if possible I would see what Tallon wants for Huberdeau, maybe the 3rd overall pick + Rene Bourque? Tallon is the one that brought Bourque into Chicago (un-drafted).

WestIslander is offline  
Old
06-15-2012, 11:56 AM
  #920
windycity
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Well duh
Posts: 3,116
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjngo View Post
Huberdeau reminds me of a young Vincent Damphousse.
Huberdeau reminds me of a young Jonathan Huberdeau


windycity is offline  
Old
06-15-2012, 12:02 PM
  #921
ChoseLa
Registered User
 
ChoseLa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Martinique
Posts: 4,231
vCash: 500
He was realy clutch when he won the memorial cup and on the Canadian team. His regular season and playoffs this year wasn't as convincing though.

ChoseLa is offline  
Old
06-15-2012, 12:03 PM
  #922
skipp18
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 308
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjngo View Post
Huberdeau reminds me of a young Vincent Damphousse.
Actually I think this is a pretty good comparison.

skipp18 is offline  
Old
06-15-2012, 12:06 PM
  #923
shutehinside
Registered User
 
shutehinside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,310
vCash: 500
Omg, can we all PLEASE STOP WITH THE " I HAD A DREAM THE HABS DRAFTED/TRADED/SIGNED/HIRED etc..."

No one thinks because you had a dream about it that it will come true. I dreamt I had a sex dream with Charlize Theron, Bar Rafaeli, Olivia Munn, Megan Fox and Malin Akerman together but that doesn't mean I'm gonna stock up on penicillin and morning after pills. I swear, I must have seen at least 8 different posts with "I had. Dream last night that the Habs..."

shutehinside is offline  
Old
06-15-2012, 12:08 PM
  #924
WHATaboutLOVE
Registered User
 
WHATaboutLOVE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 455
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
Omg, can we all PLEASE STOP WITH THE " I HAD A DREAM THE HABS DRAFTED/TRADED/SIGNED/HIRED etc..."

No one thinks because you had a dream about it that it will come true. I dreamt I had a sex dream with Charlize Theron, Bar Rafaeli, Olivia Munn, Megan Fox and Malin Akerman together but that doesn't mean I'm gonna stock up on penicillin and morning after pills. I swear, I must have seen at least 8 different posts with "I had. Dream last night that the Habs..."
This.

WHATaboutLOVE is offline  
Old
06-15-2012, 12:08 PM
  #925
BobbyFischer*
 
BobbyFischer*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,864
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
Omg, can we all PLEASE STOP WITH THE " I HAD A DREAM THE HABS DRAFTED/TRADED/SIGNED/HIRED etc..."

No one thinks because you had a dream about it that it will come true. I dreamt I had a sex dream with Charlize Theron, Bar Rafaeli, Olivia Munn, Megan Fox and Malin Akerman together but that doesn't mean I'm gonna stock up on penicillin and morning after pills. I swear, I must have seen at least 8 different posts with "I had. Dream last night that the Habs..."
Hahahaha...

*BobbyFischer likes this post*

BobbyFischer* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:17 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.