HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2012 NHL Entry Draft Talk Part 16 : One week left!

Closed Thread

Old
06-15-2012, 10:16 AM
le_sean

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
Don't be surprised if Bergevin lands Huberdeau from Florida for the 3rd overall pick +++

I have a feeling we will see Bergevin talking to Tallon (whom he knows very well) on the draft floor about Huberdeau.
I'm sorry but there is zero incentive for Florida to trade him. He is exactly the kind of player they need on the team right now and he already belongs to them. It would make no sense.

Old
06-15-2012, 10:16 AM
hogtownhabsfan*

I think the Yakupov factor regarding Galchenyuk is being understated as well. Watching Yakupovs highlights, it's evident that he was the main focus everytime he was on the ice, and Galchenyuk was the beneficiary of the open ice that Yakupov created for him.

I really like Galchenyuk, but I am not completely sold on him like some here are.

Old
06-15-2012, 10:19 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
I have seen him 10-12 times a year the last two years. He is a winger, usually played on Phillips' wing.

In terms of Lecavalier, which version are you comparing him to? The one that was a stud #1 center until 07-08, 75-90 points a year. or the 08-12 version that puts up 65-70 points a year when he can play a full year. I don't really see a comparison. Huberdeau reminds me more of Richards(Brad) or Pominville.

Old
06-15-2012, 10:20 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Wouldn't that be the icing on the cake for most of the Habs fans.I suppose it will all depend on which players are still available when the Habs pick.Huberdeau would be playing in Hamilton with all the other Habs prospects,the future of the Canadiens plying their trade in the AHL.
He can't play in the AHL next year, he will be 19, so it's NHL or QMJHL.

Old
06-15-2012, 10:31 AM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
He can't play in the AHL next year, he will be 19, so it's NHL or QMJHL.
My bad I thought he turned 20 this month,he would have to stay in the QMJHL another year and gain some more weight/muscle to be ready for the rigors of the NHL.The fans would be truly excited at the prospect of having him play for the Habs never the less.

Old
06-15-2012, 10:34 AM
HockeyFan87

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
I think the Yakupov factor regarding Galchenyuk is being understated as well. Watching Yakupovs highlights, it's evident that he was the main focus everytime he was on the ice, and Galchenyuk was the beneficiary of the open ice that Yakupov created for him.

I really like Galchenyuk, but I am not completely sold on him like some here are.
Really? Then, how do you explain that in the playoffs when both were coming back from injuries, Galchenyuk was the Sarnia Sting's best player and outplayed Yakupov who was even sit down by his coach?

From all I saw, Yakupov is a difference maker in only one zone for the moment, the offensive while Galchenyuk is a difference maker in all three zones: the offensive, the middle and the defensive.

Old
06-15-2012, 10:34 AM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
I'm sorry but there is zero incentive for Florida to trade him. He is exactly the kind of player they need on the team right now and he already belongs to them. It would make no sense.
Especially since Florida wants to win now, and Huberdeau is ready while whoever is taken at 3 would not be. Unless they really want Murray...

Old
06-15-2012, 10:38 AM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyFan87 View Post
Really? Then, how do you explain that in the playoffs when both were coming back from injuries, Galchenyuk was the Sarnia Sting's best player and outplayed Yakupov who was even sit down by his coach?

From all I saw, Yakupov is a difference maker in only one zone for the moment, the offensive while Galchenyuk is a difference maker in all three zones: the offensive, the middle and the defensive.
Didn't watch any of the STings playoff games so can't speak on the first point.

In regards to the second point, no doubt, but it's in the offensive zone where Galchenyuk really benefitted. The open space Yakupov created for him was unreal...

Old
06-15-2012, 10:39 AM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Btw, the size comparison between Gally and Huberdeau is irrelevant. Giroux is doing perfectly fine in the NHL.. You people are paranoid about size comparison of 17-18 yo kids.. And btw, Huberdeau has to leave the QMJHL...nothing left to prove. He has this whole summer to gain weight and crack the Panthers lineup.

Last edited by Jabba11: 06-15-2012 at 11:09 AM.
Old
06-15-2012, 10:40 AM
HockeyFan87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I have seen him 10-12 times a year the last two years. He is a winger, usually played on Phillips' wing.

In terms of Lecavalier, which version are you comparing him to? The one that was a stud #1 center until 07-08, 75-90 points a year. or the 08-12 version that puts up 65-70 points a year when he can play a full year. I don't really see a comparison. Huberdeau reminds me more of Richards(Brad) or Pominville.
I agree.

To be honest, I don't understand the people who compare Huberdeau to a young Lecavalier who was a 6'4 center blessed with great reach and was already really strong along the boards, which is not Huberdeau's forte at the moment. I don't even think Huberdeau has as much offensive potential as the young Vinny.

Old
06-15-2012, 10:50 AM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyFan87 View Post
I agree.

To be honest, I don't understand the people who compare Huberdeau to a young Lecavalier who was a 6'4 center blessed with great reach and was already really strong along the boards, which is not Huberdeau's forte at the moment. I don't even think Huberdeau has as much offensive potential as the young Vinny.
Another reason that Tallon may be persuaded with the Habs #3 pick which could be Murray/Yakupov etc.it depends which player is there when the Habs pick.Huberdeau is good but not Lafleur by a longshot or Lecavalier.

Old
06-15-2012, 10:56 AM
rockjngo

Huberdeau reminds me of a young Vincent Damphousse.

Old
06-15-2012, 11:04 AM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
I would think picking Forsberg is all based on what Rockstrom thinks of him. Some people got really excited when the Habs hired him but they have still stayed away from Swedish players.
Rockstrom scouts the entire Europe for the Habs. If i'm not mistaken, he's the one who wanted us to sign Diaz.

Old
06-15-2012, 11:08 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
Btw, the size comparison between Gally and Huberdeau is irrelevant. Giroux is doing perfectly fine in the NHL.. You people are paranoid about size comparison of 17-18 yo kids.. And btw, Hubrrdrau has to left to do in the QMJHL...nothing left to prove. He has this whole summer to gain weight and crack the Panthers lineup.
Size doesn't matter when you are 3 steps ahead of everybody, elusive like there's no tomorrow and have a real good balance. That's Giroux for you. So before you becomes a Giroux and want to make a impact real quickly, until you reach that level of excellence, a little size does help.

Old
06-15-2012, 11:13 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
Btw, the size comparison between Gally and Huberdeau is irrelevant. Giroux is doing perfectly fine in the NHL.. You people are paranoid about size comparison of 17-18 yo kids.. And btw, Huberdeau has to leave the QMJHL...nothing left to prove. He has this whole summer to gain weight and crack the Panthers lineup.
Well, how often do we hear that Grigorenko's selling point is that he's 6'3" ("He hypothetically could be 6'4" someday!"), I'd rather have the slightly smaller guy who already knows how to play his size, whether is be Huberdeau or Galchenyuk.

I still think drafting for size, especially in the top 10, has higher bust potential than anything else.

Old
06-15-2012, 11:15 AM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Size doesn't matter when you are 3 steps ahead of everybody, elusive like there's no tomorrow and have a real good balance. That's Giroux for you. So before you becomes a Giroux and want to make a impact real quickly, until you reach that level of excellence, a little size does help.
Do you agree with me that between Galchenyuk being 6'0.5 and Huberdeau, who is now 6'1, there's not much of a height difference. Weight does matter but Hubs is now 171lbs and can put on a few more before the season. I was referring to the poster that stated that Gally could turn out 6ft1-6ft2 vs a 6ft0-6ft1 Huberdeau..which is absurd since Huberdeau is already 6ft1..First the poster was wrong about his stats and second, he compared 2 similar players when comparing height. Yes Galchenyuk had a full year to become stronger..while Huberdeau half of a year to develop his skills. (Don't bring the Huberdeau is a year older, etc, I'm talking about this past year in terms of overall hockey development).

Old
06-15-2012, 11:34 AM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

Take it for what it`s worth which means absolutely nothing but last night i dreamed that the Habs picked Ryan Murray. Why i dreamed about that i have no idea and the details are a bit vague but i clearly remember Timmins going to the podium and saying " The Canadiens are proud to select from the Everett Silvertips".

For the record i don`t want Murray. I want one of the 4 forwards but my subconscious seem to think otherwise

Old
06-15-2012, 11:45 AM
Uwey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Plus Giroux is 5" taller & 10lbs heavier.

Giroux 5'11", http://www.nhlpa.com/Players/29509/

Desharnias 5'6", http://www.nhlpa.com/Players/30924/

One thing that stands out at me with DD play, is even when he is a prime shooting area, he will try to dish the puck off.

Old
06-15-2012, 11:55 AM
WestIslander

If Galchenyuk, Yakupov or Murray are still available at #3 then I would pick them, but if possible I would see what Tallon wants for Huberdeau, maybe the 3rd overall pick + Rene Bourque? Tallon is the one that brought Bourque into Chicago (un-drafted).

Old
06-15-2012, 11:56 AM
windycity

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjngo View Post
Huberdeau reminds me of a young Jonathan Huberdeau

Old
06-15-2012, 12:02 PM
ChoseLa

He was realy clutch when he won the memorial cup and on the Canadian team. His regular season and playoffs this year wasn't as convincing though.

Old
06-15-2012, 12:03 PM
skipp18

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjngo View Post
Actually I think this is a pretty good comparison.

Old
06-15-2012, 12:06 PM
shutehinside

Omg, can we all PLEASE STOP WITH THE " I HAD A DREAM THE HABS DRAFTED/TRADED/SIGNED/HIRED etc..."

No one thinks because you had a dream about it that it will come true. I dreamt I had a sex dream with Charlize Theron, Bar Rafaeli, Olivia Munn, Megan Fox and Malin Akerman together but that doesn't mean I'm gonna stock up on penicillin and morning after pills. I swear, I must have seen at least 8 different posts with "I had. Dream last night that the Habs..."

Old
06-15-2012, 12:08 PM
WHATaboutLOVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
Omg, can we all PLEASE STOP WITH THE " I HAD A DREAM THE HABS DRAFTED/TRADED/SIGNED/HIRED etc..."

No one thinks because you had a dream about it that it will come true. I dreamt I had a sex dream with Charlize Theron, Bar Rafaeli, Olivia Munn, Megan Fox and Malin Akerman together but that doesn't mean I'm gonna stock up on penicillin and morning after pills. I swear, I must have seen at least 8 different posts with "I had. Dream last night that the Habs..."
This.

Old
06-15-2012, 12:08 PM
BobbyFischer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post

Hahahaha...

*BobbyFischer likes this post*

Closed Thread