HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rights Expiring?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-16-2012, 11:57 PM
  #1
Shootmaster_44
Registered User
 
Shootmaster_44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Lloydminster, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,168
vCash: 500
Rights Expiring?

I'm curious who's rights do the Kings lose if they aren't signed by the draft?

Most of last year's draft hasn't been signed yet have they?

Shootmaster_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 12:33 AM
  #2
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !
 
Puck U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Apple Valley, CA.
Country: United States
Posts: 8,338
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootmaster_44 View Post
I'm curious who's rights do the Kings lose if they aren't signed by the draft?

Most of last year's draft hasn't been signed yet have they?
The majority of those are either in the NCAA US >18 so we got 4 years on them, or are playing overseas so we don't lose their rights until they come back to try and play in N/A don't we ?

May lose? - Joel Lowry, Christopher Gibson

Playing NCAA - Derek Forbort (USHL, USA U-18), Kevin Gravel (USHL, Sioux City), Michael Mersch (U. of Wisconsin), Nicholas Shore (U. of Denver), Nic Dowd (St. Cloud State University)

Playing Euro - Maxim Kitsyn (KHL), Michael Schumacher (SWE-JR., Frolunda Jr.)


Last edited by Puck U: 06-17-2012 at 12:43 AM.
Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 07:12 PM
  #3
Shootmaster_44
Registered User
 
Shootmaster_44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Lloydminster, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,168
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck U View Post
The majority of those are either in the NCAA US >18 so we got 4 years on them, or are playing overseas so we don't lose their rights until they come back to try and play in N/A don't we ?

May lose? - Joel Lowry, Christopher Gibson

Playing NCAA - Derek Forbort (USHL, USA U-18), Kevin Gravel (USHL, Sioux City), Michael Mersch (U. of Wisconsin), Nicholas Shore (U. of Denver), Nic Dowd (St. Cloud State University)

Playing Euro - Maxim Kitsyn (KHL), Michael Schumacher (SWE-JR., Frolunda Jr.)
Joel Lowry is apparently at Cornell according to this: http://www.cornellbigred.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=23670

I thought Christopher Gibson played well enough at the World Juniors to get a contract.

I know every year about this time, the Kings lose a couple guys who they seem to have hung on to the rights for years. For that matter, were there any June 15th players the Kings lost? I know some players have rights who expire June 15.

Shootmaster_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 07:45 PM
  #4
Primakov!
Registered User
 
Primakov!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Yesteryear
Posts: 1,419
vCash: 500
As a 2011 draft pick from the CHL, Christopher Gibson doesn't need to be signed until 2013.

Primakov! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2012, 07:47 PM
  #5
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !
 
Puck U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Apple Valley, CA.
Country: United States
Posts: 8,338
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootmaster_44 View Post
Joel Lowry is apparently at Cornell according to this: http://www.cornellbigred.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=23670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primakov! View Post
As a 2011 draft pick from the CHL, Christopher Gibson doesn't need to be signed until 2013.
Then sounds like everyone is safe and accounted for this year.

Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:40 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.