HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

Euro Cup 2012 Discussion ITALIA v. SPAIN | Final

Old
06-18-2012, 10:33 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
#beLIeve

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigBadCat View Post
What a Goal by Balotelli !!!!!! Spectacular . best of Euro2012 so far

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSMyPa2vAW4

That was a great goal. Goal of the tournament so far. I went nuts in the house when he scored.

06-19-2012, 06:11 AM
TheBigBadCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 Min Misconduct View Post
That was a great goal. Goal of the tournament so far. I went nuts in the house when he scored.
We have not scored many goals , but we have the prettiest ones ,

Balotelli's and Pirlo's ( the old guy ) another beauty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYK14kuHLgE

TheBigBadCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 04:12 PM
SthlmNYI

Great ending to this Euro championship for Sweden with a 2-0 victory over France, our first win over France since 1969. Furthermore ending France's winning-streak at 23 games, which actually is a world record for nationals in soccer.

We didn't get the results we needed earlier in the tourney (still upset about the Ukraine game..) but we didn't end up with zero points so I'm satisfied.

Regarding Balotellis goal yesterday I'd say Ibrahimovic scored a even better goal today!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5lBoXRFP7M

Quote:

Pirlo sure is a treat to watch, his passing and vision is out of this world.

Last edited by SthlmNYI: 06-19-2012 at 04:25 PM.
SthlmNYI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 07:48 AM
ettlinger

The Ukraine got duped big time last night. The UEFA now has referees on the goal lines to prevent exactly the situation that happened in the England vs. Urkaine match. It is an absolute miracle that this referee did not see the ball pass the goal line from his point of view. Here is a 3D animation from the perspective of the referee: http://mediencenter.sport1.de/de/vid...#/0,0_73s1gq06 (website is in German).

Regarding the teams in the Euro 2012: I was most impressed by the German and Italian teams. Spain didn't play as good as they did in 2010 and 2006 when they won the Euro and Word Cup. They are still a very good team, so I wouldn't be surprised if they still managed to win the title. Biggest disappointments so far: Both host nations got eliminated in the preliminary round (I expected a lot more, especially from Poland) as well as the Netherlands (the runner-up of the last World Cup). England, France and Portugal didn't impress me at all.

ettlinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 08:02 AM
Doshell Propivo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ettlinger View Post
The Ukraine got duped big time last night. The UEFA now has referees on the goal lines to prevent exactly the situation that happened in the England vs. Urkaine match. It is an absolute miracle that this referee did not see the ball pass the goal line from his point of view. Here is a 3D animation from the perspective of the referee: http://mediencenter.sport1.de/de/vid...#/0,0_73s1gq06 (website is in German).
That animation is inaccurate. If you look at the replay, you will see that the referee was actually to the left of the post so he probably didn't see it clearly at all. While the ref should have positioned himself better, it is an extremely difficult call to make and these things are inevitable unless they use video replay (and even then it isn't 100%).

What's ironic about this whole play is that it was allowed to happen in the fist place because of a blown call - the play was offside.

Doshell Propivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 08:23 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doshell Propivo View Post
What's ironic about this whole play is that it was allowed to happen in the fist place because of a blown call - the play was offside.
This is the key for me, but I've always felt that pro and international soccer was being RIDICULOUS in not implementing some sort of TV replay.

If you can see what truly happens in some way, shape or form, you HAVE to implement that. It's a must.

Why let what's wrong go through???

For a sport that has mafia involvement lurking around every corner, leaving things up to 'human error' is just absolutely ridiculous.

That goes for the goals themselves and whether they were actually offsides. Both can be determined per replay.

Chapin Landvogt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 08:25 AM
ettlinger

Quote:
That animation is inaccurate. If you look at the replay, you will see that the referee was actually to the left of the post so he probably didn't see it clearly at all. While the ref should have positioned himself better, it is an extremely difficult call to make and these things are inevitable unless they use video replay (and even then it isn't 100%).

I agree that the video replay (or even better: a computer chip in the soccer ball) would be the best way to tell. But as you say yourself: If the referee didn't have the same perspective as shown in the 3D animation, it was his own fault. The guy was only a few feet away from the goal and his ONLY job at this moment was to see whether the ball had crossed the goal line or not. I would agree with you if it would have been one of the lines men, but THIS guy SHOULD have seen that it was a good goal. There is no point in having additional referees there if they can't do their job right.

Old
06-20-2012, 08:33 AM
ettlinger

I forgot to mention what impressed me most at this year's Euro: Wayne Rooney's hair!!! For all guys out there with receding hair lines: There is hope!!!

Old
06-20-2012, 10:28 AM
Doshell Propivo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapin Landvogt View Post
This is the key for me, but I've always felt that pro and international soccer was being RIDICULOUS in not implementing some sort of TV replay.

If you can see what truly happens in some way, shape or form, you HAVE to implement that. It's a must.

Why let what's wrong go through???

For a sport that has mafia involvement lurking around every corner, leaving things up to 'human error' is just absolutely ridiculous.

That goes for the goals themselves and whether they were actually offsides. Both can be determined per replay.
Having replay for offside calls would require 10-20 a game. Maybe more. Not sure how realistic that is.

Old
06-20-2012, 10:33 AM
Wanderson

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ettlinger View Post
I forgot to mention what impressed me most at this year's Euro: Wayne Rooney's hair!!! For all guys out there with receding hair lines: There is hope!!!
Yes, if you pay like $50000 just as he did.

Wanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2012, 10:37 AM
ettlinger

I agree, a video replay makes more sense to determine goals than offsides. There is already a technology in place that would even make a video replay obsolete. As far as the offside goes, I can only see them changing the rules, but don't ask me how (there used to be a rule in place that in close cases no offside was to be called, in favor of the attacking team; however, I don't recall a game where is rule was actually applied).

Old
06-21-2012, 05:37 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Having replay for offside calls would require 10-20 a game. Maybe more. Not sure how realistic that is.
I mean for goals scored where there's even an inkling of uncertainty that the play leading to the goal was offsides.

Chapin Landvogt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 06:07 AM
IslesNorway

I also agree that video refereeing is the way to go for football. For a number of years the game has become faster than the refs can keep up and at this level there are no good arguments against it. Stop the play, watch video evidence. Play on. Bloody simple!
As an England supporter I'm pleased with the result, but it's still horrible to think that in the year 2012 we're still subject to the antiquarian ways of FIFA and UEFA

IslesNorway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 09:14 AM
potvins4cups

Quote:

One thing about the italians and this goes for every major tournament. they don't blow anyone away. they play a boring smothering defensive style but more times than not, they find themselves either in the semi's or finals and people are left wondering, how the heck did they get there?

potvins4cups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 09:25 AM
Doshell Propivo

Quote:
Originally Posted by potvins4cups View Post
One thing about the italians and this goes for every major tournament. they don't blow anyone away. they play a boring smothering defensive style but more times than not, they find themselves either in the semi's or finals and people are left wondering, how the heck did they get there?
Yep. They always manage to bore, flop and dive their way into a final.

Old
06-21-2012, 09:36 AM
potvins4cups

Quote:
Yep. They always manage to bore, flop and dive their way into a final.
4 world cup victories and 1 euro cup victory. wow thats alot of flopping.

potvins4cups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2012, 09:47 AM
Doshell Propivo

Quote:
Originally Posted by potvins4cups View Post
4 world cup victories and 1 euro cup victory. wow thats alot of flopping.
You're telling me!

They deserve all of the accolades they get. Not taking anything away from their successes at all. But their game, for the most part, is just not my cup of tea.

Old
06-24-2012, 10:23 AM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
#beLIeve

Forza Italia!!!

Raining heavy here in Tampa. Good day to watch soccer.

Homeland Security is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 11:42 AM
YashinWorksHard

Two overrated teams face to face, anyway Ill go with Italy

YashinWorksHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 02:01 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
#beLIeve

Good action so far 17 minutes in.

Old
06-24-2012, 04:13 PM
YashinWorksHard

surprisingly, Italy is playing a very good game. They deserve the win. What a game.

Old
06-24-2012, 04:29 PM
ettlinger

England choked in the penalty shootout. What a surprise. italy definitely deserved to win though.

Old
06-24-2012, 04:47 PM
YashinWorksHard

Pirlo BOSS!!

Old
06-24-2012, 04:53 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
#beLIeve

Quote:
Originally Posted by YashinWorksHard View Post
surprisingly, Italy is playing a very good game. They deserve the win. What a game.

My house erupted when we won.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YashinWorksHard View Post
Pirlo BOSS!!
HELL YEAH! ! ! !

Old
06-24-2012, 04:59 PM
TheBigBadCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 Min Misconduct View Post
My house erupted when we won.

HELL YEAH! ! ! !

The old guy still has what it takes !!Italy controlled the game but could not finish .Is this the Azzurri ? I'm so used to defensive games .

TheBigBadCat is offline   Reply With Quote