ClemQ

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chsb View Post
Let's look at that in an angle of Moncton vs. Bathurst:
1st line:
Saulnier-Saulnier-Veilleux vs Hynes-O'Brien-Bissonnette
Moncton = 183 games, 88 goals, 132 assists for 220 points
Bathurst = 189 games, 128 goals, 142 assists for 270 points.
40 more goals and similar assists.

2nd line:
Moncton
Lalonde-Robichaud-Penny
183 games, 23 goals, 18 assists for 41 points
Bathurst
Lafontaine-Lalancette-Banville
191 games, 34 goals,66 assists for 100 points
11 more goals and 48 more assists.

Titan 3rd line:
Salvail-Cochrane-Stevens/Kabambi
there is nothing close to that in the Moncton youth.

"Slew of other kids waiting to make an impact" would rather describe what the Titan have coming instead of Moncton....
Titan: Mychael Lyle,Carl Marois,Alex Gosselin, Mason McDonald, Alex Gallant

We are talking here about a Moncton team who just fired their head scout Peter Nevin and it was not because there is a slew of kids waiting to make an impact in the pipeline....on the contrary.

I will give you that you are waiting for your Russian wonder boy to resurrect that failing offense and I hope that he is a reincarnation of last year's MacKinnon...

But failing to acknowledge that the Titan at this stage are quite a bit ahead of them is not watching reality....

The only thing Moncton has of a potentail contender is defense and goaltending and even the defense is missing a true QB....even with the addition of Racine.
Moncton's offense is dismal as they were outscored 22 goals to 8 last playoffs against Halifax even with Hrivik and MacAusland.
As of now, the Titan is first in the Q for returning goals from last year with 202 compared to 142 for Moncton, 194 for Halifax,188 for BLB, 162 for Quebec,158 for Gatineau,143 for Rimouski.
I fail to see that factor thrown in this discussion.
Euro wonders always take a few months of adjustment in NA except for the exceptional few.

If we talk about today, the Titan are easily a top-5 team for next season.

I agree 100% with your take on the moncton team. I personally think there are many teams that have more depth, and not just more depth, but BETTER depth. Even beyond looking at points. Who does moncton have in the wings that makes any person go "that's a good player waiting to come out". The wildcats get more/better press because of who owns them (they own the newspaper!!!). Perfect example is Brett Malone as a player. He was drafted in the 3rd round by moncton, yet everytime they talk about him, you would think he's a blue chip prospect just waiting to score 40 goals. Ask any Q scout, 3rd round was as high as he was going to go!!!
Who else is "waiting to make an impact". Lets be truthful, they have 6 proven forwards, and 4 proven dmen, no QB. Unless they trade the farm again....they wont win with the line up they have now. And, keep in mind, half of their proven players come from Shawinagan. Winning for them this year, would be jumping the gun. They need to build through the draft to guarantee continued success and this team is NOT built on their own and through the draft. Also to note, 4-5 of those players they have this year, are turning pro next year. by continuously trading their top picks every year, where to you think they are going to be next year, and the year after??? That's where depth or lack of it, will hurt them.

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 01:04 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Let's look at that in an angle of Moncton vs. Bathurst:
1st line:
Saulnier-Saulnier-Veilleux vs Hynes-O'Brien-Bissonnette
Moncton = 183 games, 88 goals, 132 assists for 220 points
Bathurst = 189 games, 128 goals, 142 assists for 270 points.
40 more goals and similar assists.

2nd line:
Moncton
Lalonde-Robichaud-Penny
183 games, 23 goals, 18 assists for 41 points
Bathurst
Lafontaine-Lalancette-Banville
191 games, 34 goals,66 assists for 100 points
11 more goals and 48 more assists.

Titan 3rd line:
Salvail-Cochrane-Stevens/Kabambi
there is nothing close to that in the Moncton youth.

"Slew of other kids waiting to make an impact" would rather describe what the Titan have coming instead of Moncton....
Titan: Mychael Lyle,Carl Marois,Alex Gosselin, Mason McDonald, Alex Gallant

We are talking here about a Moncton team who just fired their head scout Peter Nevin and it was not because there is a slew of kids waiting to make an impact in the pipeline....on the contrary.

I will give you that you are waiting for your Russian wonder boy to resurrect that failing offense and I hope that he is a reincarnation of last year's MacKinnon...

But failing to acknowledge that the Titan at this stage are quite a bit ahead of them is not watching reality....

The only thing Moncton has of a potentail contender is defense and goaltending and even the defense is missing a true QB....even with the addition of Racine.
Moncton's offense is dismal as they were outscored 22 goals to 8 last playoffs against Halifax even with Hrivik and MacAusland.
As of now, the Titan is first in the Q for returning goals from last year with 202 compared to 142 for Moncton, 194 for Halifax,188 for BLB, 162 for Quebec,158 for Gatineau,143 for Rimouski.
I fail to see that factor thrown in this discussion.
Euro wonders always take a few months of adjustment in NA except for the exceptional few.

If we talk about today, the Titan are easily a top-5 team for next season.
Offence dosnt necessarily make Bathurst a better team. Not sure if you watch hockey but LA only had 6 goals against in the finals. Defense does matter.. Your # 1 starting goalie had a SAV percentage of .863 last season and although Im a fan of MacDonald , hes a 16 year old rookie.. He wont save them next season.. What was Bathurst ranked in the goals against department

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 02:03 PM
chsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
Offence dosnt necessarily make Bathurst a better team. Not sure if you watch hockey but LA only had 6 goals against in the finals. Defense does matter.. Your # 1 starting goalie had a SAV percentage of .863 last season and although Im a fan of MacDonald , hes a 16 year old rookie.. He wont save them next season.. What was Bathurst ranked in the goals against department
IMO you are confusing NHL and QMJHL.
In junior we see more often than not a high octane offense wnning the Prez Cup.
Look at the 2005-2006 Moncton edition, they had a great offense.with Dupuis,Karzums,Marchand,etc....Yandle....

The back end in Moncton is all they got and it is not even comparable to past winning editions as they are lacking parts.

Discarding the Titan at this stage is plain foolish when you look at the known assets they got compared to other potential contenders.

chsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 02:30 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemQ View Post
I agree 100% with your take on the moncton team. I personally think there are many teams that have more depth, and not just more depth, but BETTER depth. Even beyond looking at points. Who does moncton have in the wings that makes any person go "that's a good player waiting to come out". The wildcats get more/better press because of who owns them (they own the newspaper!!!). Perfect example is Brett Malone as a player. He was drafted in the 3rd round by moncton, yet everytime they talk about him, you would think he's a blue chip prospect just waiting to score 40 goals. Ask any Q scout, 3rd round was as high as he was going to go!!!
Who else is "waiting to make an impact". Lets be truthful, they have 6 proven forwards, and 4 proven dmen, no QB. Unless they trade the farm again....they wont win with the line up they have now. And, keep in mind, half of their proven players come from Shawinagan. Winning for them this year, would be jumping the gun. They need to build through the draft to guarantee continued success and this team is NOT built on their own and through the draft. Also to note, 4-5 of those players they have this year, are turning pro next year. by continuously trading their top picks every year, where to you think they are going to be next year, and the year after??? That's where depth or lack of it, will hurt them.
O god really ??

1:Moncton
18:Acadie-Barhrust

IHaveNoCreativity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 02:43 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
IMO you are confusing NHL and QMJHL.
In junior we see more often than not a high octane offense wnning the Prez Cup.
Look at the 2005-2006 Moncton edition, they had a great offense.with Dupuis,Karzums,Marchand,etc....Yandle....

The back end in Moncton is all they got and it is not even comparable to past winning editions as they are lacking parts.

Discarding the Titan at this stage is plain foolish when you look at the known assets they got compared to other potential contenders.
Theres 3 parts to a team, not only offense. Moncton has a much better goaltender and a better defence which outweighs Bathurst little advantage up front. And do you really think Moncton wont acquire a high end european forward with the #1 overall pick! Look in recent years and tell me how many #1 picks,that report, from the Euro draft arent difference makers. How did Bathurst and Victoriaville fair in the playoffs with their major scoring abilities... As far as Monctons 2005-06 team , they had Yandle, MacDonald, Welton ,Bartulis, Bourdon ,Belanger and D.Macdonald which form a stellar D core. They were also succesful because they defensive or 2-way forwards like Karsums,Samson ,Marquardt, Gaudet , Hepditch and Morehouse.

Old
06-15-2012, 03:00 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Theres 3 parts to a team, not only offense. Moncton has a much better goaltender and a better defence which outweighs Bathurst little advantage up front. And do you really think Moncton wont acquire a high end european forward with the #1 overall pick! Look in recent years and tell me how many #1 picks,that report, from the Euro draft arent difference makers. How did Bathurst and Victoriaville fair in the playoffs with their major scoring abilities... As far as Monctons 2005-06 team , they had Yandle, MacDonald, Welton ,Bartulis, Bourdon ,Belanger and D.Macdonald which form a stellar D core. They were also succesful because they defensive or 2-way forwards like Karsums,Samson ,Marquardt, Gaudet , Hepditch and Morehouse.
The 2010 Moncton team was built the same way, great D, strong fowards and a rock goalie...

Fowards are average now, throw in Nicuhskin(Spelling ?) Zlobin or even Shalimov(One has to go) and probably a trade.... And they are among the elite...

On D, Sweeney will do some damage(For Daniel Milan ? Like wow Victo ? If he was part of the Milan package then what was the Gormley one, seeing as how they had the best offer...) I don't know much else, but they could get a huge boost with a slim chance of Matheson(theres a 20/30 chance said team wont care where he plays...) and probably another addition for depth...

And Dubeau, whos pretty beau... And dam good. I like Moncton over Butthrust !

Old
06-15-2012, 03:12 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

CHSB says QMJHL teams dont win with defence.. Here the past 2 Mem Cup Champs..

Saint John 2010-2011

Defence:

Nathan Beaulieu
Simon Despres
Gabriel Bourret
Kevin Gagne
Pierre Durepos
Eric Gelinas

Shawinigan 2011-2012

Brandon Gormley
Morgan Ellis
Jonathan Racine
Jonathan Narbonne
Justin Hache
Dillon Donnelly

Great argument..

Old
06-15-2012, 03:18 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
The 2010 Moncton team was built the same way, great D, strong fowards and a rock goalie...

Fowards are average now, throw in Nicuhskin(Spelling ?) Zlobin or even Shalimov(One has to go) and probably a trade.... And they are among the elite...

On D, Sweeney will do some damage(For Daniel Milan ? Like wow Victo ? If he was part of the Milan package then what was the Gormley one, seeing as how they had the best offer...) I don't know much else, but they could get a huge boost with a slim chance of Matheson(theres a 20/30 chance said team wont care where he plays...) and probably another addition for depth...

And Dubeau, whos pretty beau... And dam good. I like Moncton over Butthrust !
Moncton have a great first line with Veilleux, Saulnier and Saulnier. They also have a solid bottom 6 because Flynn loves grinders. The problem is their second line.. imo, Penny took strong strides and really picked up his game at the end of last season. Rounded it out will be 2- Euros. The #1 overall pick will be a star forward in this league. And the 22nd pick in the euro draft will round out the second line.. Look at where Rouyn Noranda got Andrighetto and Kamaev were taken..

Old
06-15-2012, 03:34 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Moncton have a great first line with Veilleux, Saulnier and Saulnier. They also have a solid bottom 6 because Flynn loves grinders. The problem is their second line.. imo, Penny took strong strides and really picked up his game at the end of last season. Rounded it out will be 2- Euros. The #1 overall pick will be a star forward in this league. And the 22nd pick in the euro draft will round out the second line.. Look at where Rouyn Noranda got Andrighetto and Kamaev were taken..
Looking at your team in the Atlantic thread, I could tell the 2nd line was almost non existent, but the D was great, and again there's a chance you Matheson, I thought you guys had traded 22 ? Geuss not, but surely Flynn, makes a move for say a guy like Tesink ?? IMO Moncton goes hard after one of VilleMaire or Tesink, and adds maybe another depth player.

Old
06-15-2012, 03:36 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
CHSB says QMJHL teams dont win with defence.. Here the past 2 Mem Cup Champs..

Saint John 2010-2011

Defence:

Nathan Beaulieu
Simon Despres
Gabriel Bourret
Kevin Gagne
Pierre Durepos
Eric Gelinas

Shawinigan 2011-2012

Brandon Gormley
Morgan Ellis
Jonathan Racine
Jonathan Narbonne
Justin Hache
Dillon Donnelly

Great argument..
I fully agree with CHNSB here, those D-Crops are horrible, no wonder the Q won D straight MemCups, and let's take it further and see Moncton 2010's D...

Wall
Savard
Gormley
Who am I missing ?

Old
06-15-2012, 04:14 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
I fully agree with CHNSB here, those D-Crops are horrible, no wonder the Q won D straight MemCups, and let's take it further and see Moncton 2010's D...

Wall
Savard
Gormley
Who am I missing ?
Barberio ,Jodoin, MacDonald ,Downe and Metcalfe.

Old
06-15-2012, 04:26 PM
chsb

Quote:

Wall
Savard
Gormley
Who am I missing ?
Then you should also fully agree that what Moncton got now is 3 steps down from what they had then:

#1- ????
#2- ???
#3-???
#4 -Racine
I will let you rank this supposedly Prez Cup ready defense...

I will be waiting

Old
06-15-2012, 04:31 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Barberio ,Jodoin, MacDonald ,Downe and Metcalfe.
So they did have Baberio, I was going to put him down, but I wasn't sure if he was still with CPB... My point is that they were deep, in fact the had like 4#1's....

Old
06-15-2012, 04:33 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Then you should also fully agree that what Moncton got now is 3 steps down from what they had then:

#1- ????
#2- ???
#3-???
#4 -Racine

I will be waiting

That was a loaded team, in a loaded year, any other year they would of won.

Old
06-15-2012, 06:56 PM
theq

Quote:
That was a loaded team, in a loaded year, any other year they would of won.
But still, they wen 0-3 at the Memorial Cup

Moncton needs a good QB, but Racine will be one of the best shutdown defence in the League for sure

QB-Racine
Melindy- Down
Edmon- ???

The euro pick, if they get the right guy, he can be a game changer like Grigorenko or Yakupov someone like that.
Zlobin would have been perfect, we will be a top scorer next hier, but heard we might not come back and go to the KHL

theq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 08:03 PM
76ftw

vCash: 1907
Quote:
Originally Posted by theq View Post
But still, they wen 0-3 at the Memorial Cup

Moncton needs a good QB, but Racine will be one of the best shutdown defence in the League for sure

QB-Racine
Melindy- Down
Edmon- ???

The euro pick, if they get the right guy, he can be a game changer like Grigorenko or Yakupov someone like that.
Zlobin would have been perfect, we will be a top scorer next hier, but heard we might not come back and go to the KHL
And every single team Moncton played in the 2010 playoffs were contenders who had loaded up for the playoffs. They beat them, but they had such a hard schedule they had to be tired come Mem Cup time.

76ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 08:13 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76ftw View Post
And every single team Moncton played in the 2010 playoffs were contenders who had loaded up for the playoffs. They beat them, but they had such a hard schedule they had to be tired come Mem Cup time.
Cape Breton, Rouyn, Drummondville and SJ... IMO hardest road to the cup in a long time...

Old
06-15-2012, 08:40 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:

#1- ????
#2- ???
#3-???
#4 -Racine

I will be waiting
I didnt even mention Prez Cup for one. I was showing you that Monctons defense is better than Bathursts... And never once did I mention they were winning the cup, I mentioned they will be among contenders..NOT favorites , contenders. And much more of a contender than Bathurst. Do you ever get tired of over evalutaing Bathurst and under valuing every other team in the league. Do you ever get tired of everyone telling you your wrong. You must just love getting flamed and mocked for absolute brain dead knowledge of hockey..

Old
06-15-2012, 08:41 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:

#1- ????
#2- ???
#3-???
#4 -Racine

I will be waiting
So you seriously believe Bathursts D is stronger than Monctons

Old
06-15-2012, 08:44 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
I didnt even mention Prez Cup for one. I was showing you that Monctons defense is better than Bathursts... And never once did I mention they were winning the cup, I mentioned they will be among contenders..NOT favorites , contenders. And much more of a contender than Bathurst. Do you ever get tired of over evalutaing Bathurst and under valuing every other team in the league. Do you ever get tired of everyone telling you your wrong. You must just love getting flamed and mocked for absolute brain dead knowledge of hockey..
This, you are the weakest link, goodbye.

Old
06-15-2012, 08:49 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

He has yet to even respond to a question regarding Bathursts team. He constantly just avoids the questions by talking about how bad other teams are. I know it must be frustrating being a Titan fan , good news for them they wont have to be much longer. I doubt they see another 2 seasons...

Old
06-15-2012, 08:52 PM
chsb

Quote:
Firstly Moncton is the first team that I said the Titan were better than.
You never read me argueing that Haslifax will finish ahead of Bathurst, do you?

So your insistance in seeing me being persistent about Bathurst is simply because
only evolves about Moncton.
All my predictions include Halifax,BLB,Quebec ahead of Bathurst.
But it is just too funny seeing teams like Moncton being inserted in a top 5 when they had the lowest number of goals scored last season, and are losing both Hrivik and MacAusland and are adding one scorer in Veilleux, the two others being a shutdown D and a goaltender and "maybe" a Russian sniper who we don't know how he will adapt to North America and if he will report.

So my question is that whatever shutdown guys you can have on a team,Moncton will still need a PMD and QB and lots more scoring...otherwise they will go nowhere.

Old
06-15-2012, 08:53 PM
chsb

Quote:
He has yet to even respond to a question regarding Bathursts team. He constantly just avoids the questions by talking about how bad other teams are. I know it must be frustrating being a Titan fan , good news for them they wont have to be much longer. I doubt they see another 2 seasons...
And what is your question?

Old
06-15-2012, 09:07 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:

So your insistance in seeing me being persistent about Bathurst is simply because
But it is just too funny seeing teams like Moncton being inserted in a top 5 when they had the lowest number of goals scored last season, and are losing both Hrivik and MacAusland and are adding one scorer in Veilleux, the two others being a shutdown D and a goaltender and "maybe" a Russian sniper who we don't know how he will adapt to North America and if he will report.

So my question is that whatever shutdown guys you can have on a team,Moncton will still need a PMD and QB and lots more scoring...otherwise they will go nowhere.
This is the Q said players are coming too.... Where theres an abundance of skill and softness, and lack of heart, he'll do just find, answer to the PPQB is either a foward or via trade... Or via Matheson, all possible options, all realistic and with a chance of all 3 happening, Moncton won't move till they know on Matheson 100%, hence after the draft...
Quote:
And what is your question?
His question is will you still be a Titian fan once thier playing in Sorel...

Old
06-15-2012, 09:08 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:

Lol, where above do I mention Halifax.. How many #1 overall euro picks have a hard time adjusting to the point they cant produce ..Imo, Veilleux and #1 Euro are better than Hrivik and MacAusland.. Wheres Bathursts PMD and QB it must be .... Girard right .. And time will show you that they will go somewhere , somewhere higher than Bathurst!