HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who dissapoints you more Burke or Raptors BC?

Closed Thread

Old
06-29-2012, 11:50 AM
bleedingblue1

vCash: 500
Who dissapoints you more Burke or Raptors BC?

Who is the worst GM? Burke or BC? They both make the dumbest moves and draft the worst. Both talk big and do nothing and make mistakes after mistakes. Picking up Ross??? come on.
Picking between the two is a tough call!!!

Hey the Blue Jays are not far behind. Another season wasted again? Same exact thing will happen next season for the Jays and they will still end up with .500. Fans will get excited again before season has started and make the same blind predictions about Jays and how they are so great.The GM's in Toronto are great "sellers" no doubt. They make average teams look like gold.

There is not one indication that Leafs will finish one point ahead of last year. But we all are made to think greats things are about to happen.

Look at the Leaf's Burke and how he has done absolutely nothing this off-season(JVR not forgotten) but fans still think Leafs are good for a run for a cup. He keeps on saying he is willing to stay pat this off-season. That brings me chills. The team was horrific last year and with Carlyle as coach "omg". Carlyle will struggle to implement his style with the players he has. With the weak goaltending and the coaching style this will be a recipe for disaster.

Old
06-29-2012, 11:52 AM
IBLeaf*

Close 'er down.

Old
Lebanese Leaf

Stop posting, just stop.

Old
Dr Swag
Banned User

Burke went to Harvard so BC AINEC.

Old
06-29-2012, 11:53 AM
BlueBaron

Seriously ?

Haters gonna hate........

Old
06-29-2012, 11:53 AM
Kessely Snipes
Great White North

Waste of topic.

Old
06-29-2012, 11:54 AM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

vCash: 166
Serious troll.

Old
06-29-2012, 11:55 AM
SeenSchenn2
Have Faith GLG

Firstly, don't care about the Raptors or basketball so probably them.

If you're going to provide us all with this "wonderful" information, at least provide a link.

Burke makes the dumbest moves? What? Dion Phaneuf? Lupul and Gardiner? Lambo and Franson for Lebda? Phil Kessel? etc.

"Stay pat this offseason" -- So, "I want to get bigger, we may have to look at trades because the FA crop is weak" is staying pat to you? Alrighty then.

"Leaf fans think were good for a run at the cup" -- Yes, we haven't made the playoffs in 9 years and we all think we're gonna win the cup. In fact as of today most of us think we're still going to miss the playoffs.

And it seems you've got no idea what you're talking about in terms of the Blue Jays either. No one said they were going to make the playoffs.

edit: I can't believe I addressed this fool.

Old
Schenn
Dirt Road Scholar

Old
bleedingblue1

Don't like it don't reply. Its so simple! I wish you would defend your point of view! People react like this because they have nothing to say. Basically giving up!

Old
Nazem Gretzky
Eller 4 Selke

Send a message via AIM to Nazem Gretzky
Raptors are brutal

Leafs >> Raptors

BB >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> BC

Old
06-29-2012, 11:56 AM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Burke is a top 5 GM in the NHL imo.

BC is just a moron.

Old
06-29-2012, 11:58 AM
Schenn
Dirt Road Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedingblue1 View Post
Don't like it don't reply. Its so simple! I wish you would defend your point of view! People react like this because they have nohting to say. Basically giving up!
Tell me right now. Try and outweigh Burke's negative moves with his positive ones. He has brought better players in, younger players in, and stocked the cupboards. Playoff hockey is coming soon.

Old
06-29-2012, 12:01 PM
hockeyfanz

Quote:
Don't like it don't reply. Its so simple! I wish you would defend your point of view! People react like this becuase they have nohting to say. Basically giving up!
I think its an honest question. Both GMs are similair in their reputations. Both were supposed to be amongst the brightest in their respective sports. Both talked a big game at the start of their regimes. Both guys took over teams in shambles, with little to no high end talent and few decent prospects. Both guys find themselves to this day reeling and trying to accomplish anything worthy of praise. Both guys are failing IMO. I do believe Colangelo probably has the less difficult job considering that in basketball there are 5 players and the rest are bench players. You would think you can turn around a basketball team quicker than a hockey or baseball team. The slam against Alex A. is unneccessary as the Jays are not even a comparable. Playing in a sport where up until this year only 8 teams make the post season as compared to 16 in hockey and basketball. My belief is that BB and BC are very close but because Burke has a tougher job due to the magnitude of the job....

Anthopolous > Burke > Colangelo.

Old
06-29-2012, 12:02 PM
bleedingblue1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schenn View Post
Tell me right now. Try and outweigh Burke's negative moves with his positive ones. He has brought better players in, younger players in, and stocked the cupboards. Playoff hockey is coming soon.
What young players? Which one will change the team fortune? who is this amazing talent waiting to carry the franchise?

Gartner was "ok" but come on. Lets see if he can repeat agian.

Old
06-29-2012, 12:02 PM
pspot

BC use to have charisma and he still has style

I think its so unprofessional the way Burke goes on tv with his tie undone and its frustrating the way acts/thinks he shouldn't be questioned. Everything is combative with Burke

sorry thought the question was who dissapoints you more listening to them after a draft

BC is definitely more a salesman and burke military general

I prefer BC as i think Burkes act gets old with fans, media other GMs

Old
06-29-2012, 12:03 PM
Avec Fromage*

Worst thread of the off-season so far. Thank you, don't come again.

Old
06-29-2012, 12:04 PM
Dr Swag
Banned User

Quote:
What young players? Which one will change the team fortune? who is this amazing talent waiting to carry the franchise?

Hmm good points

Old
06-29-2012, 12:04 PM
bleedingblue1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfanz View Post
I think its an honest question. Both GMs are similair in their reputations. Both were supposed to be amongst the brightest in their respective sports. Both talked a big game at the start of their regimes. Both guys took over teams in shambles, with little to no high end talent and few decent prospects. Both guys find themselves to this day reeling and trying to accomplish anything worthy of praise. Both guys are failing IMO. I do believe Colangelo probably has the less difficult job considering that in basketball there are 5 players and the rest are bench players. You would think you can turn around a basketball team quicker than a hockey or baseball team. The slam against Alex A. is unneccessary as the Jays are not even a comparable. Playing in a sport where up until this year only 8 teams make the post season as compared to 16 in hockey and basketball. My belief is that BB and BC are very close but because Burke has a tougher job due to the magnitude of the job....

Anthopolous > Burke > Colangelo.
Agree! When are we going to keep them accountable? Thats what I am getting at!

Old
06-29-2012, 12:05 PM
Bob Loblawbrovsky
The Boston Racists

OP disappoints me the most. AINEC

BB > BC >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> > OP

(Seriously though, Burke just has a better opportunity as a GM in Toronto, since no one in the NBA wants to play here. Neither are good, but BC is worse.)

Old
06-29-2012, 12:05 PM
Liminality

Surprised you guys haven't blocked him yet.

Old
06-29-2012, 12:06 PM
Schenn
Dirt Road Scholar

Quote:

Well considering Toronto has the 2nd youngest team in the NHL, the whole team is considerably young. The Leafs don't necessarily have the top talent on the farm right now, but they have unbelievable depth which is exemplified by the Marlies having such a good young team full of Leafs prospects.

Old
06-29-2012, 12:07 PM
IBLEAF
17 CLARK-SON 71

vCash: 50
Quote:
Who is the worst GM? Burke or BC? They both make the dumbest moves and draft the worst. Both talk big and do nothing and make mistakes after mistakes. Picking up Ross??? come on.
Picking between the two is a tough call!!!

Hey the Blue Jays are not far behind. Another season wasted again? Same exact thing will happen next season for the Jays and they will still end up with .500. Fans will get excited again before season has started and make the same blind predictions about Jays and how they are so great.The GM's in Toronto are great "sellers" no doubt. They make average teams look like gold.

There is not one indication that Leafs will finish one point ahead of last year. But we all are made to think greats things are about to happen.

Look at the Leaf's Burke and how he has done absolutely nothing this off-season(JVR not forgotten) but fans still think Leafs are good for a run for a cup. He keeps on saying he is willing to stay pat this off-season. That brings me chills. The team was horrific last year and with Carlyle as coach "omg". Carlyle will struggle to implement his style with the players he has. With the weak goaltending and the coaching style this will be a recipe for disaster.
What a waste of bandwidth!!!

Old
06-29-2012, 12:07 PM
SeenSchenn2
Have Faith GLG

Quote:
Agree! When are we going to keep them accountable? Thats what I am getting at!
I'm enjoying the fact that you ignored my post because I proved you wrong.

Nothing to see here folks.

Old
06-29-2012, 12:08 PM
Hotshot320

Quote:

I loved Gartner.. He was a big part of our teams.. I may have to check on this, but I don't think he was a Burke move.

Closed Thread