HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Bobby Ryan to Carolina

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-07-2012, 08:02 PM
  #1
jeromeo87
Registered User
 
jeromeo87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 1,537
vCash: 500
Bobby Ryan to Carolina

Ryan is basically exactly what Carolina needs (first line winger, right-handed, pretty good contract). While his availability is unclear, I do think Carolina has the pieces to make a solid offer for him.

To
Bobby Ryan

To
Brandon Sutter, Joni Pitkanen, Jiri Tlusty, Zach Boychuk and/or Bobby Sanguinetti and/or 2nd rounder (massaged into whatever is needed).

jeromeo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 08:05 PM
  #2
DuckJet
Poster of the Year
 
DuckJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Funkytown
Country: Kazakhstan
Posts: 49,343
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeromeo87 View Post
Ryan is basically exactly what Carolina needs (first line winger, right-handed, pretty good contract). While his availability is unclear, I do think Carolina has the pieces to make a solid offer for him.

To
Bobby Ryan

To
Brandon Sutter, Joni Pitkanen, Jiri Tlusty, Zach Boychuk and/or Bobby Sanguinetti and/or 2nd rounder (massaged into whatever is needed).
Ouch. nope. What it's gonna take...you aren't gonna like.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 08:06 PM
  #3
Jerry Lundegaard
Sutter for Captain
 
Jerry Lundegaard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 4,035
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeromeo87 View Post
Ryan is basically exactly what Carolina needs (first line winger, right-handed, pretty good contract). While his availability is unclear, I do think Carolina has the pieces to make a solid offer for him.

To
Bobby Ryan

To
Brandon Sutter, Joni Pitkanen, Jiri Tlusty, Zach Boychuk and/or Bobby Sanguinetti and/or 2nd rounder (massaged into whatever is needed).

I don't see Anaheim wanting to take 4 roster players with all the young talent they have...it would probably cost Faulk+ 2nd + one of the Canes' better prospects

Jerry Lundegaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 08:10 PM
  #4
DuckJet
Poster of the Year
 
DuckJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Funkytown
Country: Kazakhstan
Posts: 49,343
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Lundegaard View Post
I don't see Anaheim wanting to take 4 roster players with all the young talent they have...it would probably cost Faulk+ 2nd + one of the Canes' better prospects
If it's just Faulk and a prospect you can go ahead and add a first and that's just to start to clear up value. Bob Murray has made it very clear he's not trading stars for futures.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 08:16 PM
  #5
broc
Registered User
 
broc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 944
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Lundegaard View Post
I don't see Anaheim wanting to take 4 roster players with all the young talent they have...it would probably cost Faulk+ 2nd + one of the Canes' better prospects
Faulk would be a complimentary piece, not a centerpiece. Faulk + 2nd needs a HUGE addition to be anything close to Bobby Ryans worth.

broc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 08:17 PM
  #6
Analyzer*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,999
vCash: 50
Possibly needs Skinner involved I would think...

Analyzer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 08:17 PM
  #7
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 19,984
vCash: 500
I don't think Carolina is a good trading partner for a high level trade like this.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 08:19 PM
  #8
bleedgreen
Moderator
 
bleedgreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: colorado
Posts: 11,274
vCash: 500
i wouldnt give all that up for ryan. no way. what was carter worth? a top ten pick and voracek, then a jj and a first rounder. pitts or sutter and the 8th overall is comparable. id do faulk and the pick.

bleedgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 08:19 PM
  #9
EarlGrey
Registered User
 
EarlGrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 2,529
vCash: 500
Ryan is a 4x 30 goal scorer I believe....apart from not wanting to trade him at all, I'd say the 'Canes would have to start with Skinner and Sutter and go from there...

EarlGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 08:21 PM
  #10
Jerry Lundegaard
Sutter for Captain
 
Jerry Lundegaard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 4,035
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
If it's just Faulk and a prospect you can go ahead and add a first and that's just to start to clear up value. Bob Murray has made it very clear he's not trading stars for futures.


so what would get it done then?

Jerry Lundegaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 08:21 PM
  #11
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 19,984
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedgreen View Post
i wouldnt give all that up for ryan. no way. what was carter worth? a top ten pick and voracek, then a jj and a first rounder. pitts or sutter and the 8th overall is comparable. id do faulk and the pick.
Big difference in scenarios here. We're not desperate to move Ryan, nor does he want out.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 08:21 PM
  #12
TorstenFrings
Co-Trainer
 
TorstenFrings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Zimbabwe
Posts: 5,008
vCash: 500
Woah, Faulk+2nd versus Skinner and Sutter. Talk about being far apart.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 08:22 PM
  #13
Gibsons Finest
R-E-L-A-X
 
Gibsons Finest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Saskatoon
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,445
vCash: 500
Other proposals that have floated around were Jokinen, McBain/Pitkanen, 8th overall. I think that would be something Anaheim considers, not sure about Carolina, though. It's a premium to pay, but for a great forward.

Gibsons Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 08:23 PM
  #14
jeromeo87
Registered User
 
jeromeo87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 1,537
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
If it's just Faulk and a prospect you can go ahead and add a first and that's just to start to clear up value. Bob Murray has made it very clear he's not trading stars for futures.
True.. Which is why I put up Sutter and Pitkanen. Sutter's a stud and Pitkanen would arguable be your best dman right away. Tlusty looked awesome when he was given chance off of the checking line (I wouldn't be thrilled about losing him).

Faulk isn't going to be moved. McBain might be available. Not that McBain isn't as good as Faulk (in fact, I think McBain has a much higher upside), it's just that Carolina has so many offensive dmen, where Faulk brings more of what Carolina doesn't have enough of.

jeromeo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 08:23 PM
  #15
Jerry Lundegaard
Sutter for Captain
 
Jerry Lundegaard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 4,035
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kratzbuerste View Post
Woah, Faulk+2nd versus Skinner and Sutter. Talk about being far apart.
That would just not happen. Most likely Hurricane Management's two favorite players

Jerry Lundegaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 08:24 PM
  #16
Emerald Duck
Registered User
 
Emerald Duck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Orange County, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,048
vCash: 500
Didn't realize that June was turning into Bobby Ryan Month.

Emerald Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 08:26 PM
  #17
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 19,984
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeromeo87 View Post
True.. Which is why I put up Sutter and Pitkanen. Sutter's a stud and Pitkanen would arguable be your best dman right away. Tlusty looked awesome when he was given chance off of the checking line (I wouldn't be thrilled about losing him).

Faulk isn't going to be moved. McBain might be available. Not that McBain isn't as good as Faulk (in fact, I think McBain has a much higher upside), it's just that Carolina has so many offensive dmen, where Faulk brings more of what Carolina doesn't have enough of.
Murray said that Ryan would only be moved for core players on his level. The one price that leaked out of that whole debacle is that he asked for Kessel and Grabovski(before the extension). So, the price is going to be steep.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 08:26 PM
  #18
DuckJet
Poster of the Year
 
DuckJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Funkytown
Country: Kazakhstan
Posts: 49,343
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeromeo87 View Post
True.. Which is why I put up Sutter and Pitkanen. Sutter's a stud and Pitkanen would arguable be your best dman right away. Tlusty looked awesome when he was given chance off of the checking line (I wouldn't be thrilled about losing him).

Faulk isn't going to be moved. McBain might be available. Not that McBain isn't as good as Faulk (in fact, I think McBain has a much higher upside), it's just that Carolina has so many offensive dmen, where Faulk brings more of what Carolina doesn't have enough of.
Well that was in reply to another post.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 08:28 PM
  #19
TorstenFrings
Co-Trainer
 
TorstenFrings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Zimbabwe
Posts: 5,008
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Lundegaard View Post
That would just not happen. Most likely Hurricane Management's two favorite players
Well, they also said go from there, so I assume they weren't even done yet. Neither would probably happen, the truth may lie somewhere in the middle. How gaping wide that distance the middle could fall into was, just seemed funny.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 08:29 PM
  #20
jeromeo87
Registered User
 
jeromeo87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 1,537
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ryan Getzlaf View Post
Other proposals that have floated around were Jokinen, McBain/Pitkanen, 8th overall. I think that would be something Anaheim considers, not sure about Carolina, though. It's a premium to pay, but for a great forward.
I suppose the value isn't terrible.. It's just that I thought Anaheim really needs a Center. While Jokinen has been playing center for Carolina for most of the past two seasons, he's so much more effective on the wing (as you can see by his numbers.. yeah, that 30 goal season was all on the wing). Sutter is a STUD, so much so that I almost doubt JR would ever consider moving him. Sutter's more of what Anaheim needs.

jeromeo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 08:30 PM
  #21
DuckJet
Poster of the Year
 
DuckJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Funkytown
Country: Kazakhstan
Posts: 49,343
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Murray said that Ryan would only be moved for core players on his level. The one price that leaked out of that whole debacle is that he asked for Kessel and Grabovski(before the extension). So, the price is going to be steep.
Well the marketed asking price was top 6 forward+top 4 dman+first round draft pick.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 08:33 PM
  #22
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 19,984
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Well the marketed asking price was top 6 forward+top 4 dman+first round draft pick.
I don't think he meant any top six forward or d-man, looking at what he asked Burke for. So, those parameters but on the higher side of the talent spectrum.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 08:33 PM
  #23
jeromeo87
Registered User
 
jeromeo87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 1,537
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Well the marketed asking price was top 6 forward+top 4 dman+first round draft pick.
You don't think Sutter, Pitkanen, Tlusty would equal that asking price?

What about Jokinen, Pitkanen, 8th overall?

They're steep, but I would be ok with either of those.

jeromeo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 08:33 PM
  #24
Jerry Lundegaard
Sutter for Captain
 
Jerry Lundegaard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 4,035
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kratzbuerste View Post
How gaping wide that distance the middle could fall into was, just seemed funny.
yeah, for sure

Jerry Lundegaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 08:34 PM
  #25
jeromeo87
Registered User
 
jeromeo87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 1,537
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Murray said that Ryan would only be moved for core players on his level. The one price that leaked out of that whole debacle is that he asked for Kessel and Grabovski(before the extension). So, the price is going to be steep.
Do you have a link containing this info? Because literally, Ryan for Kessel and Grabovski doesn't make any sense.. Kessel is just as good as Ryan, AND to add Grabovski.. come on..

jeromeo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:40 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.