HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Russia VS USA

Closed Thread

Old
12-25-2004, 08:38 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
GDT: Russia VS USA

FINALLY get to see Suter and Radulov!

also, Weber played a terrific game in the Canada\Slovakia game, which Canada won 7-3. Sadly, the golden boy Phaneuf apparently didn't play his best game. The tears I cry

Old
12-25-2004, 08:45 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Suter looks solid out there, haven't seen Radulov yet.

Old
12-25-2004, 08:49 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

SCOOOORE, Drew Stafford!

USA on the PP, now

Old
12-25-2004, 08:50 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Shafigulin to the box, btw

Old
12-25-2004, 08:56 PM
Pred303

what's radulov's number?

Old
12-25-2004, 09:11 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303
what's radulov's number?
3 D BELOV Anton
14 D MEGALINSKI Dmitri
25 F VOLOSHENKO Roman
23 F YUNKOV Mikhail
22 F RADOULOV Alexander

fourth line duty for the boy

Old
12-25-2004, 09:40 PM
Pred303

suter is going to be really something

Old
12-25-2004, 09:43 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Suter is mind-bogglingly good. Homerism aside..completely objectively...I don't see how anyone takes Phaneuf over a kid with skills like this. Did you guys see his Bobby Orr end-to-end rush in the first? Holy. Crap.

Old
12-25-2004, 10:13 PM
Pred303

he looks like a man amongst boys out there right now..they better match him in the third against ovechkin's line

Old
12-25-2004, 10:17 PM
Pred303

radulov with back to back good passes that led to 2 good scoring chances on one shift...not much icetime....only one puck to go around and malkin and ovechkin own it

Old
12-25-2004, 10:44 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

shafigulin has looked VERY impressive, in this game. two great chances right there, looks good on both ends of the ice. hope poile is watching.

Old
12-25-2004, 11:01 PM
Pred303

yeah...he was also used mainly as the center on their pk all night,obviously defensively responsible too

Old
12-25-2004, 11:04 PM
Pred303

suter with a great game(well except for that turnover in the neutral zone at the two minute mark)...radulov had a great chance on that two on one and had a real swipe at the rebound,was much more noticable the last two periods...and then shafigulin played well

Old
12-25-2004, 11:17 PM
handtrick

What poise Suter had out there...no doubt he is the real deal.

Shafigulin impressed the crap out of me, but got to admit, wasn't expecting a whole lot...he seemed to be hustling more than Radulov

Radulov had a couple nice chances and passes in very limited time.

Montoya was f-ing scary the first two periods, but gotta admit, he was stellar in the third.

Overall, some great skating and intensity, but porous defense and many easy takeaways on both sides.

I really like the absense of the red line rule....the NHL should test it out in the AHL.

Old
12-26-2004, 05:46 AM
matys

Shafigulin looked good and by me he looked bigger than his 6´3". He looked like really big boy. Maybe Predators have a future checking line center.

Old
12-26-2004, 12:56 PM
Upchuck19

Quote:
he looks like a man amongst boys out there right now..they better match him in the third against ovechkin's line
Looking forward to wathcing this game on TSN at 11am pst. I really want to see Suter and compare him against Weber!

Old
12-26-2004, 12:57 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by handtrick
What poise Suter had out there...no doubt he is the real deal.

Shafigulin impressed the crap out of me, but got to admit, wasn't expecting a whole lot...he seemed to be hustling more than Radulov

Radulov had a couple nice chances and passes in very limited time.

Montoya was f-ing scary the first two periods, but gotta admit, he was stellar in the third.

Overall, some great skating and intensity, but porous defense and many easy takeaways on both sides.

I really like the absense of the red line rule....the NHL should test it out in the AHL.
I hated the absence of the red line ... I noticed one defenseman not even entering the offensive zone 5 on 5

Old
12-26-2004, 07:41 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven_Nation_Army
I hated the absence of the red line ... I noticed one defenseman not even entering the offensive zone 5 on 5
I think they should remove the redline in the AHL and give it a whirl. It might not help, but it also might. It's worth a shot and it incurs minimal risk.

As for the game, I thought Suter was awesome. Easily the best Dman in the game. He had two great hits on Yunkov and Ovechkin and was physical and strong in his own zone. You can tell he has offensive talent, but he is much more concerned with his own zone. He only seemed to venture out with the puck when he knew he was covered. Even his turnover, he knew he wasn't the last man back. Still a foolish mistake, but one that wasn't fatal (i.e. breakaway).

Radulov and Shafigullin played solid. Raddy was really scrappy in his very, very limited ice time. He didn't seem to get meaningful ice time until late in the 3rd. Shaf was big and physical and seemed to skate well. I think he may be a good 3rd liner in the future.

Old
12-27-2004, 10:41 AM
Upchuck19

I like Suter's game alot, watching one game you can't give a real fair assessment but I did notice a few things. Early in the game I thought he was rushing too much, then he gave up the puck in the offensive zone and had to get back real quick to stop a two on one.

Beautiful speed, great skater but he gave up the puck a couple times, could of been the ice. The ice looked better for the American Russian game, the Canadian game it was brutal.

American PP, why they have that defenseman Likens on there? He was brutal, shooting the puck on goal twice with no one in front? American forwards better come back and help the defense better, word before the tounament was the American defense was there down fall. And after one game I can see that is the weak link.

Old
12-27-2004, 10:48 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upchuck19
I like Suter's game alot, watching one game you can't give a real fair assessment but I did notice a few things. Early in the game I thought he was rushing too much, then he gave up the puck in the offensive zone and had to get back real quick to stop a two on one.

Beautiful speed, great skater but he gave up the puck a couple times, could of been the ice. The ice looked better for the American Russian game, the Canadian game it was brutal.

American PP, why they have that defenseman Likens on there? He was brutal, shooting the puck on goal twice with no one in front? American forwards better come back and help the defense better, word before the tounament was the American defense was there down fall. And after one game I can see that is the weak link.
I won't bail on the defense just yet because it was a run and gun type of game. The forwards weren't exactly helping out either. My biggest concern is with Montoya. Everyone talks about how he saved us towards the end. Well, it was a couple of soft goals that put USA in a position whereby he had to save us. The defense played well enough that this could have been a 1 goal game if the PS isn't called and Montoya makes thes saves on Rylov (I think) and Ovechkin. Those are great shots, no doubt, but a goalie on his game makes those saves in most cases.

Old
12-27-2004, 11:04 AM
Pred303

hey upchuck...know it's not really fair to ask this,but having seen both suter and weber now give us your thoughts on points of comparison/difference between the two

Old
12-27-2004, 11:39 AM
Upchuck19

Quote:
hey upchuck...know it's not really fair to ask this,but having seen both suter and weber now give us your thoughts on points of comparison/difference between the two
One game isn't enough to give a fair comparison, but here is a early one. Weber is tougher and better defensively, Suter has all world speed and more gifted offensively. Suter is tougher than I thought, he really surprised me. He stood up Ovechkin once, you have to be strong to do that!

This year Shea under a new coach has been allowed to rush more and has a nice shot from the point. Weber gets alot of points on the PP, didn't get to see Suter's shot from the point. Suter rushes incredible and Weber can only get better in time.

Two different defensemen, both have loads of potential.

Old
12-27-2004, 12:28 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

I was impressed by all of our prospects, and I think it is becoming more and more apparent how good of a prospect Suter really is. The US defense was hammered when he wasn't on the ice, and save for his one giveaway.......the kid just flat out played outstanding hockey. Shafigulin looked huge out there. Easily one of the biggest players on the ice, and for all his defensive awareness we read about, he displayed some fine offensive skills and good faceoff ability. I'm not sure if he will ever come over or pan out for us, but the potential is there. Radulov didn't seem to get any ice time until later in the game. I figured this would happen as he didn't really get to play with the team, but I think it became evident by the late second and third period, that the Voloshenko - Yunkov - Radulov line really played well together. Alex didn't slow down on ANY shifts....I think that impressed me the most. He just didn't quit, at all! He looked good offensively too, but hopefully the coach will give him more playing time later on in the tourney. He always has played great in tournament play.

12-27-2004, 01:46 PM
Upchuck19

With all the prospects that the Pred have show how good of a job David Poille and scouting staff have done.

Whenever the NHL gets going, if they want to trade one or two of the prospects for scoring help, there is room to do that. I read on one of the other HFBoards that Pred owner might be looking to get something to help this team get into the playoffs as soon as possible. If this is true there is enough top prospects in the system and future players coming to help the Preds right now.

Is this true that the owner of the Preds has said this?

Old
12-27-2004, 02:05 PM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upchuck19
With all the prospects that the Pred have show how good of a job David Poille and scouting staff have done.

Whenever the NHL gets going, if they want to trade one or two of the prospects for scoring help, there is room to do that. I read on one of the other HFBoards that Pred owner might be looking to get something to help this team get into the playoffs as soon as possible. If this is true there is enough top prospects in the system and future players coming to help the Preds right now.

Is this true that the owner of the Preds has said this?
they've definitely made indications that they're in the market for a 1st/2nd line center. although, they didn't have to even say anything as our need in that department is VERY obvious. I could definitely see someone like upshall or maybe even shishkanov being moved. honestly, I'm all for moving upshall while he still has some value. Shish, I'd still like to keep.

Closed Thread