HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Notices

Offseason moves part 2

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-26-2012, 08:22 PM
  #576
tyflames
Baertschi is God
 
tyflames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,583
vCash: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJudge View Post
I'd take him with open arms. *assuming reasonable term and cap hit
I'd say he'd want 4+mil per on a 2 year contract.
I'd offer him 4 mil on a one year contract.

tyflames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 08:32 PM
  #577
TBLHoser
Registered User
 
TBLHoser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sunshine State
Country: United States
Posts: 1,943
vCash: 500
Hi All....just visiting, not trolling!

Quick question....I don't get to see many Flames games much, but in your opinion, is Cory Sarich "Done"? In other words, could he still be a stay-at-home d-man or should he just stay at home?

Thanks!

TBLHoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 08:36 PM
  #578
Noori
Registered User
 
Noori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,690
vCash: 50
Sarich is awesome. He's a tough SOB and has an incredible ability to play through pain. Number 5 defensemen on any team. He's really effective when paired with a puck mover like Brodie or Giordano. I'd love to see him back for two years at two million per year. He might get more on the open market though.

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 08:52 PM
  #579
TBLHoser
Registered User
 
TBLHoser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Sunshine State
Country: United States
Posts: 1,943
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noori View Post
Sarich is awesome. He's a tough SOB and has an incredible ability to play through pain. Number 5 defensemen on any team. He's really effective when paired with a puck mover like Brodie or Giordano. I'd love to see him back for two years at two million per year. He might get more on the open market though.
I loved the way he played when he was with the lightning as you said, one tough SOB. Unfortunately, ownership couldn't afford him at the time or the Flames offered him more than we could. Would like to have him back, but not sure if he fits into their wish list.

Appreciate the response!

TBLHoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2012, 11:56 PM
  #580
Johnny Hoxville
Moderator
Formerly MVW
 
Johnny Hoxville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,234
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post
Feaster would be stupid not to pull the trigger on that one. I doubt Boston would, though. It would be nice.
I would to, and honestly I think they might. The idea of Bouwmeester has been tossed around before to Boston as he may be a good fit there. Krejci is easily the most expendable of any of their top line centres.

Quote:
Gomez? Seriously?
Idk. Its a thought.

Next season, the Flames would only add a little over 1.3 million of cap space by doing that deal. The season after, they have even more cap coming off the books. While adding Gomez is not a desirable situation, we would be adding a good young dman in Webber and reacquiring a 2nd that we don't have. I don't think Gomez would be any worse than Stajan (but of course I could be dead wrong) and there is the chance that he refinds his game here.

I know its a crazy suggestion, but Stajan's and and Gomez's contracts expire at the same time... but I agree its extremely risky.

Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 01:50 AM
  #581
Flamester
Registered User
 
Flamester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: calgary
Posts: 439
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucLight View Post
Hi All....just visiting, not trolling!

Quick question....I don't get to see many Flames games much, but in your opinion, is Cory Sarich "Done"? In other words, could he still be a stay-at-home d-man or should he just stay at home?

Thanks!
He's done as a flame that's forsure

Flamester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 06:38 AM
  #582
WhereIsIt
#gift
 
WhereIsIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,802
vCash: 50
Another RW available... Pierre-Alexandr Parenteau.

WhereIsIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 07:25 AM
  #583
Volica
Registered User
 
Volica's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,947
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Erixons Dad View Post
Another RW available... Pierre-Alexandr Parenteau.
He's coming with the biggest price tag out of all the ones I'm interested in.

Volica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 07:25 AM
  #584
Gary83*
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,287
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Erixons Dad View Post
Another RW available... Pierre-Alexandr Parenteau.
He's a curious case for me. Talented playmaker, didn't just leech points by playing with Tavares. Just don't know that the price will be right and he's a prime example of a player a team could regret overpaying for.

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 09:25 AM
  #585
TherapyforGlencross
I'm the Man
 
TherapyforGlencross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,340
vCash: 50
I'd be very tempted to offer Parenteau a contract, but I am guessing the price would be very high. (maybe 4-5 million per 4-5 years?)

TherapyforGlencross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 09:40 AM
  #586
FlamingTelepath
Registered User
 
FlamingTelepath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 375
vCash: 1383
The impression I've gotten of Parenteau is a poor man's Tanguay. Well, looking at their recent production it may actually be the other way around now, but either way I wouldn't mind having him on the team. There's no way we can sign him for a reasonable contract this offseason though and the situation does have Leino written all over him. He's just two seasons removed from being a 27 year old AHLer after all.

Peter Mueller was mentioned earlier and there's a guy I'd definitely take a chance on.

FlamingTelepath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 09:53 AM
  #587
Johnny Hoxville
Moderator
Formerly MVW
 
Johnny Hoxville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,234
vCash: 50
I wouldn't be so sure Sarich is done. We need someone who can hit.

Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 09:56 AM
  #588
TherapyforGlencross
I'm the Man
 
TherapyforGlencross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,340
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
I wouldn't be so sure Sarich is done. We need someone who can hit.
Agreed, I think we sign him to 1.5-3 million per 1-2 years.


I could see Sarich getting more in the market, but I still see Sarich getting re-signed. If we don't re-sign him, the Flames have no hard hitting defensemen, which will be a major downturn.

TherapyforGlencross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 09:59 AM
  #589
Stewie Griffin
Moderator
Benevolent Overlord
 
Stewie Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Calgary
Posts: 6,694
vCash: 0
I would like to have Sarich back. Maybe now that Sutter's gone, Sarich doesn't want to go somewhere else. Seems like a great fit on the bottom pairing.

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 10:14 AM
  #590
MarkGio
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,786
vCash: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Erixons Dad View Post
Another RW available... Pierre-Alexandr Parenteau.
I feel bad for the Islanders. 67 points is hard to replace. He had 53 points last year too, so he's obviously a core forward for those guys.

MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 10:40 AM
  #591
Stewie Griffin
Moderator
Benevolent Overlord
 
Stewie Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Calgary
Posts: 6,694
vCash: 0
Will he be re-signed?
He requested a trade last season, however that was under the old regime. A new coaching staff might change his mind.

Contract value?
He made $3.6 million last season. I would expect that he might get a pay cut anywhere between $1.5 and $2.5 million.


Edit: Where'd the post I was referring to go? Is HF Broken?

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 10:47 AM
  #592
Noori
Registered User
 
Noori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,690
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
Will he be re-signed?
He requested a trade last season, however that was under the old regime. A new coaching staff might change his mind.

Contract value?
He made $3.6 million last season. I would expect that he might get a pay cut anywhere between $1.5 and $2.5 million.


Edit: Where'd the post I was referring to go? Is HF Broken?
He only asked for a trade because he was getting benched night in and night out. I said this another thread, but Sarich is a warrior and I would have no problem having him back for a couple more years. Aside from Giordano, he is the only physical presence on our blueline. Losing him would make us go from marshmallow soft to feather-down soft.

HF is fine. Poster decided to delete his post.

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 10:49 AM
  #593
Johnny Hoxville
Moderator
Formerly MVW
 
Johnny Hoxville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,234
vCash: 50
I think a realistic offer for Sarich would be a 2 year, 1.75 million per. Fair for everyone.

Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 05:09 PM
  #594
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan
 
Ivan13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 50
Hi guys,

Avs/Habs fan coming in peace. Would you guys be interested in a deal between Colorado and the Flames that would send JBo to Colorado for Jan Hejda+? And what would be a plus that would make sense for the Flames?

For those unfamiliar with Hejda, he's a good #4 with good defensive game, good PKer, he played in shut-down situations alongside Ryan O'Byrne this past season. His puck skills aren't great, but he can make a decent 1st pass. He's 33 years old and he has three more years on his contract with $3.25mil cap hit. IMHO he would be a good partner for Wideman.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 05:54 PM
  #595
Stewie Griffin
Moderator
Benevolent Overlord
 
Stewie Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Calgary
Posts: 6,694
vCash: 0
The only + that makes sense for the Flames is probably one you wouldn't like.

The Flames still need Bouwmeester.

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 08:17 PM
  #596
MarkGio
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,786
vCash: 67
If the Flames were smart, they'd sign Jokinen. We could then trade Stajan to the Stars, Wild or Blackhawks for a pending RFA such as Letendresse Fistric or Frolik just because either team might not sign them and we might. I would prefer Fistric because it would toughen up our blue-line.

I would then trade Babchuk to either the Avs, Preds, or the Islanders for pending F.As they won't sign anyways, such as Mueller, Radulov, Parenteau. We try to lock them up before F.A hits in a few days.

Tangs - Jokinen - Iginla
Glencross - Cervenka - Cammy
Baerschi - Backlund - Mueller
Aliu - Jones - Comeau

Bouwmeester - Wideman
Giordano - Butler
Fistric - Brodie

We should fit under the cap with that line-up.

MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 08:45 PM
  #597
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,823
vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
If the Flames were smart, they'd sign Jokinen. We could then trade Stajan to the Stars, Wild or Blackhawks for a pending RFA such as Letendresse Fistric or Frolik just because either team might not sign them and we might. I would prefer Fistric because it would toughen up our blue-line.

I would then trade Babchuk to either the Avs, Preds, or the Islanders for pending F.As they won't sign anyways, such as Mueller, Radulov, Parenteau. We try to lock them up before F.A hits in a few days.

Tangs - Jokinen - Iginla
Glencross - Cervenka - Cammy
Baerschi - Backlund - Mueller
Aliu - Jones - Comeau

Bouwmeester - Wideman
Giordano - Butler
Fistric - Brodie

We should fit under the cap with that line-up.
That has the potential to be the worst faceoff team in the history of the nhl.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 08:58 PM
  #598
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild
 
FLAMES666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,332
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
I think a realistic offer for Sarich would be a 2 year, 1.75 million per. Fair for everyone.
It would be fair but I think Sarich is done with Calgary after he has been treated. He will sign somewhere to get a full time season. I think we should look at a guy like Carkner for a 6/7 physical D man

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 11:35 PM
  #599
Johnny Hoxville
Moderator
Formerly MVW
 
Johnny Hoxville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,234
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMES666 View Post
It would be fair but I think Sarich is done with Calgary after he has been treated. He will sign somewhere to get a full time season. I think we should look at a guy like Carkner for a 6/7 physical D man
I'd be cool with that to.

Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 11:38 PM
  #600
Johnny Hoxville
Moderator
Formerly MVW
 
Johnny Hoxville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,234
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
Hi guys,

Avs/Habs fan coming in peace. Would you guys be interested in a deal between Colorado and the Flames that would send JBo to Colorado for Jan Hejda+? And what would be a plus that would make sense for the Flames?

For those unfamiliar with Hejda, he's a good #4 with good defensive game, good PKer, he played in shut-down situations alongside Ryan O'Byrne this past season. His puck skills aren't great, but he can make a decent 1st pass. He's 33 years old and he has three more years on his contract with $3.25mil cap hit. IMHO he would be a good partner for Wideman.
Sorry man but that isn't even close. While Hejda is serviceable, he is a definite down grade and we are not looking to dump Jbo. If we are trading him to the Avs, I would suspect it would only be as part of a larger deal to get Statsny.

Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:03 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.