HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Help from Goalies

Old
06-07-2012, 01:18 PM
thepatient

vCash: 500
Help from Goalies

I play ball hockey 1-2 a week, noncompetitive just pick up amongst friends. Once in a while I will strap them up to play in net. I am looking for a light, easy to move in chest protector and I don't want to spend a lot of money. I bought http://www.prohockeylife.com/goalie-...arm-body-p-258 which was far too bulky. Does anyone have any suggestions? I also have a gift card for prohockeylife so I would prefer to pick from their selection.

Thanks in advance

thepatient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 03:34 PM
Thepandamancan

For the price, that can't be beat...I think that was a good buy. However, that C/A would be overkill in most beg/int ice hockey rec leagues.

I currently play in a competitive ball hockey league and use the Bauer Elite C/A. It's great for all the leagues I play in at every level. It is very mobile and somewhat lightweight. I believe the low end Vaughns are similar in mobility and lightness. The only issue with it is they're designed to deaden pucks so since the ball is relatively lighter, I get a lot of rebounds that go awry.

You could probably get away with something like this, http://www.prohockeylife.com/goalie-...arm-body-p-268, but I tried something similar at first and got a lot of bruises around the arms. If the guys don't have slap shots like mine, it should be fine.

Thepandamancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 05:10 PM
Dustin Peener

Keep the one you've got, you will get used to it eventually. No new chest protector is going to feel light or easy to move in right away. I hated mine when I first got it, now it's like there's nothing even there.

Dustin Peener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2012, 05:47 PM
Primrose Everdeen
Mossberg 50120

vCash: 564
Send a message via Skype™ to Primrose Everdeen
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 Problems View Post
Keep the one you've got, you will get used to it eventually. No new chest protector is going to feel light or easy to move in right away. I hated mine when I first got it, now it's like there's nothing even there.
This.

New gear always feels awkward when you first wear it. Once you get used to it, it's easy to deal with.

Primrose Everdeen is offline   Reply With Quote