HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Luongo Trade Talk - Part VI

Closed Thread

Old
06-15-2012, 03:37 PM
IComeInPeace

vCash: 500
Best course of action:
Schneider has greater trade value right now:
Invest time in getting Luongo happy to come back, and move Schneider (maybe our best asset to move): this would likely have a negligible impact on the on ice product in terms of wins and losses, the difference in cap space would not be that significant, but the return could be huge in terms of helping this team re-tool for a future run.

Groom Lack, or Cannata to replace Louie.

Invest time in getting Ballard comfortable with what AV wants, and vice versa. His potential to help this club is as high as anyone we can realistically sign as a FA. Obviously still go hard after Schultz, but Ballard should be plan B.

Now we have the assets from Schneider, and cap space (by not signing a UFA like Garrison) we can use towards a significant addition down the road. Nothing against Garrison, or players like him, but that is a signing that would only look good on paper. It is just as likely to put us in the same position as the Ballard signing, but maybe at a higher cap hit.

Schneider should be moved if at all possible. His return would be considerable, and could go a long, long way towards having us avoid a prolonged rebuild down the road.

Ballard has the requisite skills to be our impact addition this yr, but AV and the coaching staff have to recognize they are failing in getting the most out of him.

Old
06-15-2012, 04:12 PM
Kickassguy

vCash: 1121
Send a message via ICQ to Kickassguy Send a message via MSN to Kickassguy
Welp, Tampa is off the list of Luongo suitors.

Kevin Allen ‏@kausatoday
Quote:
Lightning acquire G Anders Lindback from Nashville for 2 seconds, a third and Caron, Kyle Wilson also goes in deal, along with a 7th

Old
06-15-2012, 04:14 PM
kthsn

Gillis and Luongo lose a possibly destination, however the price for Luongo surely has to be more than Lindbacks.

Hopefully that's the last we'll see of

Komisarek + 4th in the T&R section

Old
06-15-2012, 04:18 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
LOL if Tampa thinks Lindback will help them get back to the playoffs. He's not that good of a goalie IMO.

Old
06-15-2012, 04:20 PM
Wisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by IComeInPeace View Post
Invest time in getting Luongo happy to come back,
this is much easier said than done. sometimes you need to accept the damage is done.

Old
06-15-2012, 04:39 PM
Lard_Lad

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
LOL if Tampa thinks Lindback will help them get back to the playoffs. He's not that good of a goalie IMO.
And his health issues make him a huge risk as a starter.

Old
06-15-2012, 04:41 PM
CommonMeans*

Some Leafs fans seem to think this trade signals a Komi for Luongo trade. Too funny.

Old
06-15-2012, 04:42 PM
metric

All that for a guy who was 5-8 last year and has one career playoff appearance?

Gillis loses a potential destination but the goalie market also loses another asset. So what else is left out there? Bernier, Luongo (drawing a blank)

Old
06-15-2012, 04:45 PM
ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Posted in the wrong thread:

Who is going to pay that much for Luongo? I really wish this trade gets done already.

I also think this trade sets up nicely for Schneider to be traded for a huge return.

Old
06-15-2012, 04:45 PM
dave babych returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisp View Post
this is much easier said than done. sometimes you need to accept the damage is done.
Oh really? What'd Lou say the last time you spoke with him?

Last edited by dave babych returns: 06-15-2012 at 04:56 PM.
Old
06-15-2012, 04:46 PM
mrbitterguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthsn View Post
Gillis and Luongo lose a possibly destination, however the price for Luongo surely has to be more than Lindbacks.

Hopefully that's the last we'll see of

Komisarek + 4th in the T&R section
so the tampa trade was

anders lindback
kyle wilson
7th rounder

2nd rounder
2nd rounder
3rd rounder
sebastien caron

so caron (1999 draft) has ~70 games in the nhl with a career sv% in the .880 range, and wilson (2004 draft) has 34 games in the nhl with 13 pts to show for it. can i assume that they cancel each other out? and you're left with lindback/7th for 2nd/2nd/3rd.

it's a cheap deal for yzerman, but i'd say you get what you pay for. lindback/roloson/garon/whatever isn't going to backstop a cup contender imo.

Last edited by mrbitterguy: 06-15-2012 at 04:58 PM. Reason: missed the third in the trade details
Old
06-15-2012, 04:48 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbitterguy View Post
so the tampa trade was

anders lindback
kyle wilson
7th round pick

2nd rounder
2nd rounder
sebastien caron

so caron (1999 draft) has ~70 games in the nhl with a career sv% in the .880 range, and wilson (2004 draft) has 34 games in the nhl with 13 pts to show for it. can i assume that they cancel each other out? and you're left with lindback/7th for 2nd/2nd.

it's a cheap deal for yzerman, but i'd say you get what you pay for. lindback/roloson/garon/whatever isn't going to backstop a cup contender imo.
Nashville got a 3rd rounder next year as well, I believe.

Old
06-15-2012, 04:50 PM
Barney Gumble

Quote:
Actually seems like a move Burkie would do.

Old
06-15-2012, 04:55 PM
SexyJoffreyLupul

you guys can always trade lu to chicago, i hear they need a goalie

Old
06-15-2012, 04:57 PM
crazycanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
Yup, seems like a lot to pay for a goaltender who hasn't played more than 10 total games in the 2nd half of the season

Old
06-15-2012, 04:58 PM
mrbitterguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
d'oh. fixed.

Old
06-15-2012, 05:05 PM
SexyJoffreyLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommonMeans View Post
Some Leafs fans seem to think this trade signals a Komi for Luongo trade. Too funny.
according to a poll done on lu's value, the majority actually thinks franson mac is the reasonable value

Old
06-15-2012, 05:06 PM
B-rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney Gumble View Post
Actually seems like a move Burkie would do.
I was just going to say, is Yzerman studying from the Burke school of acquiring goaltenders?

Seems like a cheap move.

Also doesn't help to instil much confidence in the Tampa Bay players when suddenly their #1 is a career backup with no playoff experience.

I really hope Gillis manages to pull a big **** YOU to all the cheap ass GM's that aren't willing to pony up for a #1 goalie and screws someone in a bidding war for Schneider. In turn, I hope Luongo sticks around and gives a big middle finger to all those teams who wouldn't take him by winning the cup for the Canucks.

Old
06-15-2012, 05:07 PM
NucksOnly
Go Whitecaps & Lions

More Stuff Courtesy of HW on CC today:

No teams are off limits for Luongo unless Luongo says no. He has a top 6 list, so I hear, but I don't hear what teams are his top six. He also has about 10 other teams he will CONSIDER. Credit to Luongo, he will not make it Heatley hard to move him and he is willing to look at opportunities in other markets. It just may mean a trade happens after the FA frenzy of the first week in July. If one of the teams in his lower 10 or so makes appropriate moves to strengthen their team and can trade for him without depleting the team he will consider a move. All his top six means is that those six teams he would waive to go to right now but if MG can't get a deal he likes Luongo will expand the list depending....

Of course no GM is going to come out and say they want Luongo and be accused of tampering or give their hand away too soon. But I wouldn't worry because the teams that are interested have already had discussions I am sure so MG knows where the interest lies. I have in fact heard that Toronto is the front runner today based upon offers but no offer is enough for MG to pull the trigger right now. That all may change draft day, who knows. MG will deal with Toronto if it is the best move for the team. All these writers are just looking for a story and mystery and intrigue. I dare one of them to ask MG personally if he is worried that his star goalie will be on HNIC every Saturday and does that bother him?

Old
06-15-2012, 05:09 PM
mrbitterguy

from tampa's press release lindback value was specifically

Quote:
Minnesota's second-round and Philadelphia's second-round selections in 2012, and Tampa Bay's third-round pick in the 2013
that's pick 37, pick 50 and a 2013 3rd.

what's schneider's value if that's the case? have to think he'd get a high 1st and change at least.

Old
06-15-2012, 05:12 PM
IComeInPeace

Quote:
Cheap?
Seems like a lot to pay.

I think this trade helps the 'Nucks more than it helps TB. If this helps establish the going rate for a goalie of his calibre, Gillis needs to get on the phone and personally thank Poile...

Unless of course Leafs fans thought Lindback was a better goalie than Louie. Im sure they will say as much now, but how many of them thought so 24+ hours ago.

Old
06-15-2012, 05:15 PM
SexyJoffreyLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by IComeInPeace View Post
Cheap?
Seems like a lot to pay.

I think this trade helps the 'Nucks more than it helps TB. If this helps establish the going rate for a goalie of his calibre, Gillis needs to get on the phone and personally thank Poile...

Unless of course Leafs fans thought Lindback was a better goalie than Louie. Im sure they will say as much now, but how many of them thought so 24+ hours ago.
IMO luongo's value is still the same. Lindback isn't lu and tampa has different assets than toronto.

Old
06-15-2012, 05:16 PM
Free Torts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyJoffreyLupul View Post
according to a poll done on lu's value, the majority actually thinks franson mac is the reasonable value
Yeah, well, it's not. Franson and MacArthur suck.

Old
06-15-2012, 05:24 PM
Barney Gumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJP View Post
Yeah, well, it's not. Franson and MacArthur suck.
Progress I guess. It's a step up from Komi + whoever.

Old
06-15-2012, 05:53 PM
Dado

vCash:
Quote:
so the tampa trade was

anders lindback
kyle wilson
7th rounder

2nd rounder
2nd rounder
3rd rounder
sebastien caron

so caron (1999 draft) has ~70 games in the nhl with a career sv% in the .880 range, and wilson (2004 draft) has 34 games in the nhl with 13 pts to show for it. can i assume that they cancel each other out? and you're left with lindback/7th for 2nd/2nd/3rd.

Anything outside the 2nd round has minimal value, and Caron/Wilson are demonstrable crap at this point, so all that stuff cancels out. Which leaves it at Lindback for a pair of 2nds.

If Lindback has any realistic chance of being a legit starter (I don't know - is he?), even on a system team, that's pretty cheap. If he's not, it's just shuffling bit pieces around, pomp and circumstance signifying nothing.

I doubt Yzerman sees this as a solution to anything, but what the hell, maybe he's not as good a GM as he was a player.

Closed Thread