Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > QMJHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Halifax Mooseheads 2012-13 Season

Closed Thread

Old
09-14-2012, 12:16 PM
JEagle

vCash: 500
What happens with Frk now after they cancelled the moose/seadog game does one of the games he has to serve carry over to the start of the season or what?

Last edited by JEagle: 09-14-2012 at 03:22 PM.
Old
09-14-2012, 03:44 PM
Dgill

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEagle View Post
What happens with Frk now after they cancelled the moose/seadog game does one of the games he has to serve carry over to the start of the season or what?
I believe the game will be rescheduled so Marty should be good come the regular season.

Old
09-14-2012, 04:04 PM
LeafDangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgill View Post
I believe the game will be rescheduled so Marty should be good come the regular season.
Nope. The game won't be rescheduled. League will decide if suspension will carry over.

Old
09-14-2012, 07:46 PM
JEagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafDangler View Post
Nope. The game won't be rescheduled. League will decide if suspension will carry over.
Ok thanks was wondering what would happen hope to see him in the moose line-up opening night at the nest

Old
09-15-2012, 12:30 AM
RJQuack

From the sounds of things, Frk (and nearly half the team) are going through enough punishment as is lol. Damn "THE KEG" poisining our stars.

Old
09-16-2012, 10:14 AM
JEagle

I honestly don't think the moose could get hit any harder before the season how many is that now down with the flu for you guys?

Old
09-16-2012, 10:19 AM
Reesor01

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEagle View Post
I honestly don't think the moose could get hit any harder before the season how many is that now down with the flu for you guys?
"More than a dozen" I guess.

http://metronews.ca/sports/371409/mo...ame-cancelled/

Old
09-16-2012, 11:09 AM
JEagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reesor01 View Post
That's just crazy but I guess it's better to have it happen now than the playoffs if you look at it in the long run of things

Old
09-18-2012, 04:54 PM
Islander79
Co-Commissioner IDHL

Released today Frk will miss the season opener. They are making him serve 1 regular season game for his suspension since both exhibitions were cancelled.

Old
09-18-2012, 05:18 PM
Islander79
Co-Commissioner IDHL

Also meant to ask in my previous post but forgot, what is the best section to sit in to watch a game in the Metro Centre in order to see the whole ice with no blind spots. I'd prefer to be in lower bowl closer to the action. Any input and suggestions would be greatly appreciated since looking at seating charts online never seem to give you a real feel for the seat/view you will be getting. Thanks in advance for the help!

Old
09-18-2012, 05:21 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEIslander79 View Post
Released today Frk will miss the season opener. They are making him serve 1 regular season game for his suspension since both exhibitions were cancelled.
That's fair. Pre-season is nothing compared to regular season. Glad they cut it in half.

Old
09-18-2012, 08:02 PM
Breakfast of Champs

Quote:
Also meant to ask in my previous post but forgot, what is the best section to sit in to watch a game in the Metro Centre in order to see the whole ice with no blind spots. I'd prefer to be in lower bowl closer to the action. Any input and suggestions would be greatly appreciated since looking at seating charts online never seem to give you a real feel for the seat/view you will be getting. Thanks in advance for the help!
Personally I prefer the lower rows of the upper bowl. You get to see the entire ice and you're still close. Section 32 is my favorite.

Old
09-18-2012, 09:12 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Are you looking to sit in the end where PEI shoots twice? Or center ice?

Sections 6-9 are great, in the lower bowl, and close to downstairs and the concessions. Sections 8-20 are where the visitor shoots twice.

Old
09-19-2012, 09:17 PM
Islander79
Co-Commissioner IDHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
Are you looking to sit in the end where PEI shoots twice? Or center ice?

Sections 6-9 are great, in the lower bowl, and close to downstairs and the concessions. Sections 8-20 are where the visitor shoots twice.
Thanks! Haha to be honest with you, when I head over it will most definitely not be to a PEI game, I'm not a fan of the PEI organization and the way they handle their operations. I'll be attending to watch the Mooseheads and their upcoming stars. They have a great team and I know a couple of the players on the team on a personal level so would like to over and support them. I'm hoping for something with a great view where you could see both ends but also have a great view of both nets but not be blocked out by any blind spots such as the penalty box. I like being close to the action and if I had to choose between the two, I'd hope to sit to be able to see the Mooseheads shoot twice! Just looking for any input you have so thanks again!

Old
09-19-2012, 11:52 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Thanks! Haha to be honest with you, when I head over it will most definitely not be to a PEI game, I'm not a fan of the PEI organization and the way they handle their operations. I'll be attending to watch the Mooseheads and their upcoming stars. They have a great team and I know a couple of the players on the team on a personal level so would like to over and support them. I'm hoping for something with a great view where you could see both ends but also have a great view of both nets but not be blocked out by any blind spots such as the penalty box. I like being close to the action and if I had to choose between the two, I'd hope to sit to be able to see the Mooseheads shoot twice! Just looking for any input you have so thanks again!
Well, in that case sections 5-7 and 22-25 would be good for what you are looking for. Rows A thru H are probably too close if you don't want obstructions (penalty box) so anything above Row J, if I remember correctly should give you a great view and will be close to the action.

And yes, PEI do handle their affairs poorly lol. Enjoy some Moose instead

Old
09-20-2012, 05:54 AM
TheScourge
Go Moose Go!

Captains announced

Quote:
‏@HFXMooseheads
Moose name Lewis, Fournier Co-Captains (they'll wear an A when no C), Andrews Alternate Captain. 3rd A will rotate on game by game
lewis will be wearing the C at home games and fournier will wear the C at away games. the will switch halfway through the season.

Old
09-22-2012, 12:11 AM
RJQuack

Take the two points and run lol. Guys looked exhausted at the end which is understandable, as half the team was sick without practice till wednesday. 10 forwards and 8 D shouldn't normally be how we roll...

Fucale didn't look himself. But had just 60 minutes in pre-season and had a long lay-off after his U18 tourny. He got us the win though

The line of Andrews Ashley and Ryan as expected, did their job and look to be a great 3rd line. Andrews skating, puck handling and overall offensive ability seem to be improved and Ashley was looking himself throwing his weight around a bit and being that energy guy. Having 2/3 of our 2nd line out though gave them a lot of ice time.

MacKinnon had a decent game, although obviously drained. Showed up when we needed him with the winner.

Drouin... Wow, really excited to see this guy play and progress this year. Dominant.

Frk is back for Sunday's game, so that will provide a big boost to us as an extra body, and dangerous goal scorer. It would be something else if we could escape the weekend with 4 points lol.

Old
09-22-2012, 02:10 PM
bigdirty

Was Falkenham a healthy scratch or is he out with that flu thing?

Old
09-22-2012, 03:05 PM
jfb392

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdirty View Post
Was Falkenham a healthy scratch or is he out with that flu thing?
He and Ciampini were still sick.

Old
09-23-2012, 03:11 PM
Dgill

So Johnathon Drouin is pretty good. Five points and counting today against the PEI Islanders.

Old
09-23-2012, 08:18 PM
donghabs98

vCash: 567
What a game

8-1 Win

Old
09-24-2012, 08:49 AM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 955
So Frk played on different line than MacKinnon and Drouin? Was it because Frk was playing bad or did they play that way the whole game?

Old
09-24-2012, 02:11 PM
Ryan English
@ryanenglish_FC

Frk plays on the 2nd line with Boudreau and Ashley, Fournier plays on the Mackinnon-Drouin line. That was all but decided right after the Mooseheads acquired Fournier.

Old
09-24-2012, 02:30 PM
Dgill

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
So Frk played on different line than MacKinnon and Drouin? Was it because Frk was playing bad or did they play that way the whole game?
Frk and MacKinnon didn't have the best chemistry together either. Both of them are better of playing on separate lines and spreading the firepower.

Old
09-24-2012, 04:24 PM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan English View Post
Frk plays on the 2nd line with Boudreau and Ashley, Fournier plays on the Mackinnon-Drouin line. That was all but decided right after the Mooseheads acquired Fournier.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgill View Post
Frk and MacKinnon didn't have the best chemistry together either. Both of them are better of playing on separate lines and spreading the firepower.
Thank you, much appreciated.

Closed Thread