HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > QMJHL

Halifax Mooseheads 2012-13 Season

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-24-2012, 05:17 PM
  #251
Libbs
Registered User
 
Libbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax, NS
Posts: 3,529
vCash: 500
I have 1 ticket for free for Saturday's tilt against Cape Breton. Sec 7, Row M, Seat 15.

I have other plans and just want someone to enjoy the game rather than having it go to waste.

I also have the following games in October: 19th, 24th, 27th, 28th. Asking $40 for all 4.

PM for further details. These will also be on Kijiji.

Libbs is offline  
Old
09-24-2012, 05:50 PM
  #252
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,887
vCash: 500
How's Fournier so far ?

IHaveNoCreativity is offline  
Old
09-24-2012, 07:14 PM
  #253
RJQuack
Registered User
 
RJQuack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,603
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
I have 1 ticket for free for Saturday's tilt against Cape Breton. Sec 7, Row M, Seat 15.

I have other plans and just want someone to enjoy the game rather than having it go to waste.

I also have the following games in October: 19th, 24th, 27th, 28th. Asking $40 for all 4.

PM for further details. These will also be on Kijiji.
Just bought my tickets for CB game on saturday... That's a nice seat

RJQuack is offline  
Old
09-24-2012, 07:16 PM
  #254
RJQuack
Registered User
 
RJQuack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,603
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
How's Fournier so far ?
Pretty good. Seems like the perfect fit for a Nate-Jo line. Goes to the net, creates space for the other two to work with. Looks like a good fit for being the captain.

RJQuack is offline  
Old
09-26-2012, 06:26 PM
  #255
kalvincline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Halifax, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 45
vCash: 500
I know it doesn't seem as bold of a prediction now but I told a friend after the CB preseason game I thought Drouin would finish with more points than MacKinnon. Drouin put on some much needed weight and has sick hands. Plus, Nate will most likely miss 2-3 weeks for the Juniors.

kalvincline is offline  
Old
09-26-2012, 07:01 PM
  #256
donghabs98
HFBoards Sponsor
 
donghabs98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,628
vCash: 515
anyone going to the Home opener?

donghabs98 is offline  
Old
09-26-2012, 08:46 PM
  #257
Patmac40
BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
 
Patmac40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,081
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by donghabs98 View Post
anyone going to the Home opener?
I'll be there. Not sure what shape I'll be in because I'm going to the Midtown first and will probably be pretty buckled come game time but I'm quite excited.

Patmac40 is offline  
Old
09-26-2012, 10:12 PM
  #258
RJQuack
Registered User
 
RJQuack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,603
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by donghabs98 View Post
anyone going to the Home opener?
Probably 9000+

RJQuack is offline  
Old
09-26-2012, 10:14 PM
  #259
RJQuack
Registered User
 
RJQuack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,603
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patmac40 View Post
going to the Midtown

RJQuack is offline  
Old
09-27-2012, 08:36 AM
  #260
CrosKinnon
Registered User
 
CrosKinnon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Cole Harbour
Country: Canada
Posts: 109
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patmac40 View Post
I'll be there. Not sure what shape I'll be in because I'm going to the Midtown first and will probably be pretty buckled come game time but I'm quite excited.
I was planning on going to the Midtown before the game too and I know its usually pretty packed before games, any recommendation as to what time would be a good time to get there?

CrosKinnon is offline  
Old
09-27-2012, 09:29 AM
  #261
Patmac40
BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
 
Patmac40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,081
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrosKinnon View Post
I was planning on going to the Midtown before the game too and I know its usually pretty packed before games, any recommendation as to what time would be a good time to get there?
I usually get there at 4:30. There's usually a line for big games by like 10 after 5.

Patmac40 is offline  
Old
09-27-2012, 03:51 PM
  #262
mapes
Registered User
 
mapes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Halifax
Posts: 20,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalvincline View Post
I know it doesn't seem as bold of a prediction now but I told a friend after the CB preseason game I thought Drouin would finish with more points than MacKinnon. Drouin put on some much needed weight and has sick hands. Plus, Nate will most likely miss 2-3 weeks for the Juniors.
Drouin might, too, though, if he keeps this up. or is he getting a tryout? He deserves one. But if the NHL is still locked out, he likely misses. Hell, Nate will barely make the team most likely if the NHL is still locked out.

Our team will be insane if its still locked out. Nate, RNH, Huberdeau, Hamilton, Murray, Reilly, Murphy.. I could go on and on. The talent is unreal.

Who does Drouin and Nate remind you guys of? Who is a good comparison? The best I came up with for Drouin is Eberle and Nate maybe Hossa and Kovalchuk mix. But I'm no good at comparisons

mapes is offline  
Old
09-27-2012, 04:27 PM
  #263
Ryan English
@ryanenglish_FC
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Halifax, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 378
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapes View Post
Drouin might, too, though, if he keeps this up. or is he getting a tryout? He deserves one. But if the NHL is still locked out, he likely misses. Hell, Nate will barely make the team most likely if the NHL is still locked out.

Our team will be insane if its still locked out. Nate, RNH, Huberdeau, Hamilton, Murray, Reilly, Murphy.. I could go on and on. The talent is unreal.

Who does Drouin and Nate remind you guys of? Who is a good comparison? The best I came up with for Drouin is Eberle and Nate maybe Hossa and Kovalchuk mix. But I'm no good at comparisons
Drouin can be compared to a ton of players under 6', but for me Martin St.Louis is the closest.

And I see a better skating, slightly smaller Rick Nash in Mackinnon. Just my two cents

Ryan English is offline  
Old
09-27-2012, 04:58 PM
  #264
Dgill
Registered User
 
Dgill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Halifax
Posts: 1,654
vCash: 500
Johnathon Drouin is a mold of Claude Girioux and Nathan MacKinnon is a Kovalchuk mold in my opinion.

Dgill is offline  
Old
09-27-2012, 05:04 PM
  #265
RJQuack
Registered User
 
RJQuack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,603
vCash: 500
Drouin = Eberle, Giroux
MacKinnon = Kovalchuk

RJQuack is offline  
Old
09-27-2012, 07:24 PM
  #266
mapes
Registered User
 
mapes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Halifax
Posts: 20,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
Drouin = Eberle, Giroux
MacKinnon = Kovalchuk
Giroux and Eberle mix might actually be spot on. I still remember how bad Giroux killed us in the playoffs

mapes is offline  
Old
09-27-2012, 07:26 PM
  #267
LukeD
On Fire
 
LukeD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,676
vCash: 500
Going to the home opener tomorrow night. Don't have the best seats, but it'll be nice to get a hockey fix.

LukeD is offline  
Old
09-27-2012, 09:10 PM
  #268
Reesor01
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Halifax, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 160
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeD View Post
Going to the home opener tomorrow night. Don't have the best seats, but it'll be nice to get a hockey fix.
Upper bowl isn't as bad as people might think. If you're near the middle or towards the "Moose shoot twice" side, you're doing ok.

Reesor01 is offline  
Old
09-27-2012, 10:35 PM
  #269
RJQuack
Registered User
 
RJQuack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,603
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reesor01 View Post
Upper bowl isn't as bad as people might think. If you're near the middle or towards the "Moose shoot twice" side, you're doing ok.
They are, but if you plan on walking up to get your tickets tomorrow, you're going to have a bad time lol. Could sell out before the doors open at 6.

Best 2 available are Section 33, Row U seats 7-8. Second last row.... They might try and fill in the middle sections first, so you'll probably be able to walk up and get tickets tomorrow before the game.

RJQuack is offline  
Old
09-28-2012, 05:25 AM
  #270
Reesor01
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Halifax, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 160
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
They are, but if you plan on walking up to get your tickets tomorrow, you're going to have a bad time lol. Could sell out before the doors open at 6.

Best 2 available are Section 33, Row U seats 7-8. Second last row.... They might try and fill in the middle sections first, so you'll probably be able to walk up and get tickets tomorrow before the game.
Yah I mentioned that to our friend on MooseTalk yesterday. Flippin ticket atlantic forcing you to purchase a ticket at the top of section 33 when you could probably get row M in section 32. I would go to the box office or call at this point. Unless we're close to selling out, which I don't think we are. Your 9000 prediction might be close though.

Reesor01 is offline  
Old
09-28-2012, 01:10 PM
  #271
RJQuack
Registered User
 
RJQuack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,603
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reesor01 View Post
Yah I mentioned that to our friend on MooseTalk yesterday. Flippin ticket atlantic forcing you to purchase a ticket at the top of section 33 when you could probably get row M in section 32. I would go to the box office or call at this point. Unless we're close to selling out, which I don't think we are. Your 9000 prediction might be close though.
9268

That might change though.

Best 2 avail Row V... Can't go higher than that.

RJQuack is offline  
Old
09-28-2012, 01:20 PM
  #272
Domhnall Dubh
Bluenoser
 
Domhnall Dubh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Birthplace of Hockey
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,627
vCash: 500
Five areas of concern with the Mooseheads

http://thechronicleherald.ca/sports/...the-mooseheads

Quote:
Leadership and chemistry: A lack of these qualities can sink even the most talented of teams. We saw that with the Mooseheads the year Brad Marchand was brought in to help put an already good Mooseheads team over the top. Instead, the club became a playoff flop, with Marchand watching from the sidelines. That could be a concern on this team if the leadership isnít strong enough. There have been reports that MacKinnonís attitude hasnít impressed some hockey insiders during his hockey activities over the past few months. Younger players, especially stars, often need veteran leadership to keep them in line. It will be interesting to see if the Moose can offer enough of that type of leadership.

An enforcer: Whether you are for it or not, fighting and intimidation are part of junior hockey. I know Russell doesnít buy the need for an enforcer, preferring team toughness. Yet plenty of clubs, when they see they canít match talent with the Moose, will try to intimidate the more skilled players. Team toughness is great, but I believe such a skilled team is better served over a long season with an intimidating enforcer sitting at the end of the bench.

Backup goalie: Fucale is special and definitely an iron man. But what if he is injured late in the season? There is no experienced backup. That is too much of a risk for a team with such high aspirations.

A power-play specialist: Maybe the Mooseheads believe such an offensive talent will emerge from inside. It could happen. But I see a need for a first-rate, smooth-skating offensive defenceman who can definitely work those key power-play opportunities come playoff time.

An awareness of fellow contenders: Although Halifax fans may be fixated on the Mooseheads, appreciate that there are other strong QMJHL clubs in the title hunt. A couple of those teams should be the Quebec Remparts and Moncton Wildcats. Any club going head-to-head with the likes of aggressive builders Patrick Roy or Danny Flynn better realize the status quo is seldom good enough.
Oh, Cochrane...

We don't need an enforcer. Lol at needing a power-play specialist. Fucale is indestructible. After the run they had last year, I doubt chemistry is a problem. Obviously they're aware of Quebec and other contenders.

Domhnall Dubh is offline  
Old
09-28-2012, 02:22 PM
  #273
donghabs98
HFBoards Sponsor
 
donghabs98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,628
vCash: 515
i am thankful i got section 9 tickets when tickets first came out

I can't wait for the home opener

donghabs98 is offline  
Old
09-28-2012, 02:47 PM
  #274
kalvincline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Halifax, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 45
vCash: 500
Quote:
We don't need an enforcer. Lol at needing a power-play specialist. Fucale is indestructible. After the run they had last year, I doubt chemistry is a problem. Obviously they're aware of Quebec and other contenders.
1) Cochrane's only interesting point, if in fact MacKinnon is "troublesome", but I don't know how MacKinnon's Team Canada incident really compares to the Marchand deal. Cochrane makes it sound like the Moose need to add his "5 keys" to prevent the past repeating itself based on a situation where someone was brought in to help and it didn't help.
2) We don't NEED an enforcer to win a Championship. Who were the enforcers on the last 2-3 championship teams....can't remember? That's my point.
3) You won't find another "Fucale" as a backup. Maybe a 20 yrs. old at the trade deadline.
4) I think they have enough firepower. They need a powerplay coach or specialist to help utilize what they have.
5) "An awareness of fellow contenders" I'm pretty sure the Mooseheads know about the team they went into game 7 OT with last year. The Moose know who the good teams are...I think he's confusing the team with the fans.

I think Cochrane is on the cool-aid.

kalvincline is offline  
Old
09-28-2012, 02:59 PM
  #275
RJQuack
Registered User
 
RJQuack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,603
vCash: 500
I've said this before, but that Cochrane article is maybe the worst thing I've seem from him lol. He waits until the day of the home opener to tell us that MacKinnon may have issues with chemistry and leadership... Nevermind the other 4 points, that one is brutal.

LEAVE IT TO PALOV. Lol

RJQuack is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:45 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.