Halifax Mooseheads 2012-13 Season

Closed Thread

Old
10-04-2012, 11:56 AM
Reesor01

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
There's plenty of options for next season, but MacKinnon is unlikely in the grand scheme of things... But with Drouin improving significantly, we can still contend next season IMO. What this team needs is a #1 center, perhaps that will come in Eichel, but even if NTDP players come to the CHL, it's after their 2nd season. (Kane, Jones)

The team will need to off-set the loss of KA and with an open Euro slot (two) we can look for one by trade. Petr Sidlik, and Artem Sergeev come to mind. We'll also be able to return 5 D from this season if we choose... Barring injury, Lewis is already a lock for next year you'd think. Weegar, Lovell and Hardie will see their roles get bigger.

Top Euro
Drouin
Ciampini
Ryan
Andrews (20)
Falkenham
Lindsay
Alcalde
Lacroix-Courville
(Eichel)
(Ashley/Boudreau) (20)

Lewis (20)
Duke/Sergeev (20)
(Sidlik)
Hardie
Lovell
Weegar
Trade for depth

Fucale

Some moves will need to be done in order to acquire more scoring power, as we'd still have a good bottom 6. Too early to really tell though.
I'm licking my chops at a potential top 6 Euro pick with us having Sherbrooke's pick. If we win the league our own Euro pick will be 54th. But as seen in the past, it could be quite easy to move that up if we take advantage of a team with a higher Euro pick but stuck with 2 Euros already.

MacKinnon won't be back next year. I'm pretty sure Drouin will be. He just doesn't seem like the type of player that would make a 2nd line in the NHL at 18. But, I'm not sure if Cam Russell will want to sacrifice some of this season to save for next year. He won't want to dismantle the farm, but I doubt he misses an opportunity this year to make our team better.

Old
10-04-2012, 04:39 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Writer View Post
Absolutely!!! No chance Nat is playing anywhere next year but in the NHL.... and I'm sure as corrupt as the NHL is, they've already got him in to going to Phoenix to save that bankrupt franchise. And GB will announce to the world from his pulpit, See I told ya, hockey could work in the desert.
He can still do the same thing he did in the QMJHL, tell Phoenix he's going to KHL and when they trade him to his favorite team, tell everybody KHL was never an option.

Old
10-05-2012, 07:36 AM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
He can still do the same thing he did in the QMJHL, tell Phoenix he's going to KHL and when they trade him to his favorite team, tell everybody KHL was never an option.
mad.

Old
10-05-2012, 07:47 AM
Dgill

Losing Fournier will hurt tomorrow night. I love the way he controls the puck in the offensive zone around the net. However I love what he did and made his prescience felt. That is why we traded for him this season and I'm glad he knows his role.

Who jumps up on the top line with Drouin and MacKinnon? I wouldn't mind seeing someone like Falkenham or Frk get a crack. Both had strong games last game.

Edit: By tomorrow night I mean tonight.

Last edited by Dgill: 10-05-2012 at 07:54 AM.
Old
10-05-2012, 07:53 AM
mapes

Frk would be my guess.

Old
10-05-2012, 08:23 AM
Dgill

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapes View Post
Frk would be my guess.
I was thinking Frk but him and MacKinnon didn't mesh well on the ice too well last season at even strength. Maybe throw someone up on that line like Ashley who has shown some chemistry and if anyone tried to run one of our two stars he has been known to stand up for his teammates.

The thought of a Frk-Mackinnon-Drouin line though is deadly. Have Drouin and MacKinnon carry the puck in only to feed Frk in the slot to let one of his bombs rip would be a treat.

Old
10-05-2012, 10:00 AM
c_robio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgill View Post
I was thinking Frk but him and MacKinnon didn't mesh well on the ice too well last season at even strength. Maybe throw someone up on that line like Ashley who has shown some chemistry and if anyone tried to run one of our two stars he has been known to stand up for his teammates.

The thought of a Frk-Mackinnon-Drouin line though is deadly. Have Drouin and MacKinnon carry the puck in only to feed Frk in the slot to let one of his bombs rip would be a treat.
Tons of skill with that combo but I think we need to have Marty carrying the puck in on the 2nd line.

I think they'll put Ashley there and maybe give Falkenham some looks there for his great game the other night.

On a side note, I really liked Fournier with Andrews and Ryan against Bathurst in the 3rd period. They were dominant down low on the cycle, even moreso than with Ashley there.

Old
10-05-2012, 11:33 AM
Dgill

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_robio View Post
Tons of skill with that combo but I think we need to have Marty carrying the puck in on the 2nd line.

I think they'll put Ashley there and maybe give Falkenham some looks there for his great game the other night.

On a side note, I really liked Fournier with Andrews and Ryan against Bathurst in the 3rd period. They were dominant down low on the cycle, even moreso than with Ashley there.
I agree with you on Andrews and Ryan. They also both played a great game, seen plenty of ice time, and were effective at controlling the play and pace of the game. I think personally overall aside for the first ten minutes the Moose played an awesome game overall. It was also nice to get that PP monkey off their back.

Old
10-05-2012, 08:12 PM
Dgill

Boys pulled off a winner with an Andrews SH late in the third. The guy has been a monster so far.

Old
10-05-2012, 09:02 PM
RJQuack

Andrews offensive play has certainly improved as far as I can tell. Defensively he's still one of our best. 5 Shorty's so far this season, and MacKinnon Drouin are getting a lot more confidence on the PK, leading to dangerous chances at the other end for us. Their defensive game is much more refined this season imo.

Old
10-06-2012, 01:44 PM
donghabs98
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 515
anyone going to Tonights game?

Old
10-06-2012, 02:25 PM
Dgill

Quote:
Originally Posted by donghabs98 View Post
anyone going to Tonights game?
Pretty excited, here's hoping to another win.

Old
10-06-2012, 03:45 PM
RJQuack

These are the games we should win. Fournier, Fucale are back too. 5-2 moose.

Old
10-06-2012, 06:54 PM
Killahpunk
Legend

vCash: 90
MacKinnon rippin it tonight with a hatrick and a assist.

Old
10-06-2012, 07:57 PM
Libbs

Total domination!

Hope they left Drouin out of the 3rd as a precautionary and he's not seriously injured.

Old
10-06-2012, 07:57 PM
Dgill

Wow. What a great all around game from everybody.

Hopefully Drouin is only day-to-day and will be back sooner then later.

Old
10-06-2012, 08:55 PM
donghabs98
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 515
What a game!

Best Mooseheads game i ever went to

Old
10-06-2012, 09:09 PM
TheScourge
Go Moose Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
Total domination!

Hope they left Drouin out of the 3rd as a precautionary and he's not seriously injured.
It said on the radio broadcast that he is now day-to-day with an upper body injury

Old
10-06-2012, 09:55 PM
Libbs

Every game I see him play, I'm getting more and more impressed with Gazzolla. I love his game and he's a perfect partner for Hardie.

Old
10-07-2012, 01:22 AM
RJQuack

Gazzola is becoming a stud for sure. He shoots the puck at the point without hesitation like you're supposed too. It's like he gives into the crowd yelling shoot, which is fine by me, breathe of fresh air lol. Becoming a #2/3 D? I think he's well rounded and adapting very quickly... Weegar looks better every game too.

Sometimes I forget that Hardie is still a second year player, and normally looks pretty solid. The last couple games he's been scrambling and getting caught up... Not many things that were negative with today's game, but just some thing I noticed.

MacKinnon is just a treat to watch. He's lighting it up, and IMO, has increased his defensive awareness and physicality, making him that complete prospect he needs to be. He showed his wheels tonight against a mostly rookie D though.

Drouin, Falkenham will be question marks for the next several games.

Old
10-07-2012, 10:18 AM
Dgill

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
Gazzola is becoming a stud for sure. He shoots the puck at the point without hesitation like you're supposed too. It's like he gives into the crowd yelling shoot, which is fine by me, breathe of fresh air lol. Becoming a #2/3 D? I think he's well rounded and adapting very quickly... Weegar looks better every game too.

Sometimes I forget that Hardie is still a second year player, and normally looks pretty solid. The last couple games he's been scrambling and getting caught up... Not many things that were negative with today's game, but just some thing I noticed.

MacKinnon is just a treat to watch. He's lighting it up, and IMO, has increased his defensive awareness and physicality, making him that complete prospect he needs to be. He showed his wheels tonight against a mostly rookie D though.

Drouin, Falkenham will be question marks for the next several games.
Not to mention Frk is indefinitely suspended. The guy needs anger management classes. I'm hoping Ducharme has him ride the pine for a little while.

Old
10-07-2012, 10:21 AM
Libbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgill View Post
Not to mention Frk is indefinitely suspended. The guy needs anger management classes. I'm hoping Ducharme has him ride the pine for a little while.
Which is stupid because that call was BS.. It was right in front of me and it wasn't that bad. The SJ player embellished the hell out of it.

But you're right...there's something wrong in Marty's head.

Old
10-07-2012, 06:50 PM
mapes

Does anyone make good avatars? I'd really like one of Nate if you could

Old
10-10-2012, 02:33 PM
Killahpunk
Legend

vCash: 90
Anyone going to the game tonight? This will be my 2nd Moose game this year as i went to the home opener and only loss on there record.

Old
10-10-2012, 03:11 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killahpunk View Post
Anyone going to the game tonight? This will be my 2nd Moose game this year as i went to the home opener and only loss on there record.
I'll be watching the game via Telus

Closed Thread