HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > QMJHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Halifax Mooseheads 2012-13 Season

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-17-2012, 11:17 AM
  #376
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,636
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
He's committed to Boston University for 2015-16, although there are rumours he wanted to accelerate his schooling to get in Boston U for 2014-15 after his 2 years in the USNTDP.

According to several people, he was the best player available at the QMJHL draft.

I believe there's a good chance he might report to Halifax in 2014-15.
Why not come next season ? How is he benefiting ?

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline  
Old
10-17-2012, 12:20 PM
  #377
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,367
vCash: 500
Can the Moose compete in 2014 and 2015 ?

IHaveNoCreativity is offline  
Old
10-17-2012, 01:23 PM
  #378
Dgill
Registered User
 
Dgill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Halifax
Posts: 1,732
vCash: 50
I see our chances for the Memorial Cup decreasing to 2015, losing MacKinnon will hurt, we will likely lose Drouin and/or Fucale after 2014. These three are the most important keys to our team.

Dgill is offline  
Old
10-17-2012, 02:38 PM
  #379
RJQuack
Registered User
 
RJQuack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
Why not come next season ?
USNTDP

It was either August or 2014. Very few will leave that program mid-way.

RJQuack is offline  
Old
10-17-2012, 03:23 PM
  #380
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,636
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
USNTDP

It was either August or 2014. Very few will leave that program mid-way.
Okay. I know that it's rare but why is that ? Why do very few players leave? What does the program give them? I'm not being sarcastic by the way, honest questions

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline  
Old
10-17-2012, 04:10 PM
  #381
Killahpunk
Legend
 
Killahpunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Eastern Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,883
vCash: 4000
Is Drouin still out?

Killahpunk is offline  
Old
10-17-2012, 05:06 PM
  #382
RJQuack
Registered User
 
RJQuack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killahpunk View Post
Is Drouin still out?
Ya

RJQuack is offline  
Old
10-17-2012, 05:09 PM
  #383
RJQuack
Registered User
 
RJQuack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
Okay. I know that it's rare but why is that ? Why do very few players leave? What does the program give them? I'm not being sarcastic by the way, honest questions
The program is just the most enticing way to develop your game if you're American. That's the general thinking there I guess. If you look at other late birthdays Jones and Kane, they developed nicely and played CHL for one season. (Jones will go to NHL i assume)

RJQuack is offline  
Old
10-17-2012, 06:14 PM
  #384
Libbs
Registered User
 
Libbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax, NS
Posts: 3,573
vCash: 500
Drouin is still day to day. The paper today said he may be ready to go for Friday's home game.

Libbs is offline  
Old
10-17-2012, 06:18 PM
  #385
RJQuack
Registered User
 
RJQuack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,608
vCash: 500
Nothing going today. 3-2 Rocket now.

RJQuack is offline  
Old
10-17-2012, 07:41 PM
  #386
Libbs
Registered User
 
Libbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax, NS
Posts: 3,573
vCash: 500
Well they pulled that one out of their arse.

Good to see they didn't give up after being down 5-2. They learned their lesson from the Gatineau game.

Libbs is offline  
Old
10-17-2012, 09:22 PM
  #387
Killahpunk
Legend
 
Killahpunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Eastern Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,883
vCash: 4000
5 unanswered goals in the 3rd to come back from being down 5-2 after the 2nd to a 7-5 victory. The win is the 8th in a row for the Mooseheads

Killahpunk is offline  
Old
10-17-2012, 09:38 PM
  #388
Islander79
Co-Commissioner IDHL
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Prince Edward Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 38
vCash: 500
Rocket vs. Moose - Game Recap

Was at this game, they definitely pulled this out of their a$$. They came out hot, decided to sleep the entire 2nd period then came out on a mission in the 3rd and benefited from a very shaky Bibeau who looked like he lacked confidence tonight as he let in a couple soft goals 5-hole and spent the entire night looking behind him everytime he made a save. I hate to say it but Fucale had easily his worst performance of the season, he looked like his head wasn't in it tonight at all, bobbled some dump ins and just seemed like he was going through the motions.

On the bright side, Steve Gillard had what might of been the best game of his career, amazing stat line too 2G, 2A, +5 and 3 hits. He was a man on a mission tonight. He kept firing the puck on net and good things kept happening. Nice to see him get rewarded, maybe it'll show him what can happen when you put the puck on net. Andrews was the other guy who stood out in my mind, seemed like playing in front of his hometown crowd really energized him and he played like a man on a mission. I think he's immensely underrated and could easily be one of the best 2-way players in the league without a doubt in my mind!

One major downfall in this game (mostly the 2nd period) was undisciplined play by the Moose, especially Abeltshauser and Ashley. Abeltshauser took a very bad penalty while his team was on the powerplay and then while in the box the Rocket scored a PP goal and while the teams were skating to the benches Ashley decided to 2 hand a Rocket player which put the Moose down for another 2 mins which also led to another PP goal. If they want to be successful they need to check their egos at the door.

MacKinnon was quiet on the score sheet (1 nice goal on a great shot) but his play stood out as always as he did great work down low and in the dirty areas tonight. He really drew defenders to him which opened up ice for the others unfortunately though Fournier and Frk played lazy tonight, neither of them gave much grit or effort. Just didn't seem to click tonight at all, it'll be nice to get Drouin back and re-energize that chemistry.

Ashley had a great night on the scoresheet but I was unimpressed with his play, he missed a few great chances and took a bad penalty, if he would have played his normal game and been on he could have easily put up 5 or 6 points tonight considering he had 3 assists as it was and missed 2 easy goals for sure.

Anyways, that's enough rambling for me on my game recap. Hope everyone enjoys!

Islander79 is offline  
Old
10-17-2012, 11:17 PM
  #389
RJQuack
Registered User
 
RJQuack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PEIslander79 View Post
Was at this game, they definitely pulled this out of their a$$. They came out hot, decided to sleep the entire 2nd period then came out on a mission in the 3rd and benefited from a very shaky Bibeau who looked like he lacked confidence tonight as he let in a couple soft goals 5-hole and spent the entire night looking behind him everytime he made a save. I hate to say it but Fucale had easily his worst performance of the season, he looked like his head wasn't in it tonight at all, bobbled some dump ins and just seemed like he was going through the motions.

On the bright side, Steve Gillard had what might of been the best game of his career, amazing stat line too 2G, 2A, +5 and 3 hits. He was a man on a mission tonight. He kept firing the puck on net and good things kept happening. Nice to see him get rewarded, maybe it'll show him what can happen when you put the puck on net. Andrews was the other guy who stood out in my mind, seemed like playing in front of his hometown crowd really energized him and he played like a man on a mission. I think he's immensely underrated and could easily be one of the best 2-way players in the league without a doubt in my mind!

One major downfall in this game (mostly the 2nd period) was undisciplined play by the Moose, especially Abeltshauser and Ashley. Abeltshauser took a very bad penalty while his team was on the powerplay and then while in the box the Rocket scored a PP goal and while the teams were skating to the benches Ashley decided to 2 hand a Rocket player which put the Moose down for another 2 mins which also led to another PP goal. If they want to be successful they need to check their egos at the door.

MacKinnon was quiet on the score sheet (1 nice goal on a great shot) but his play stood out as always as he did great work down low and in the dirty areas tonight. He really drew defenders to him which opened up ice for the others unfortunately though Fournier and Frk played lazy tonight, neither of them gave much grit or effort. Just didn't seem to click tonight at all, it'll be nice to get Drouin back and re-energize that chemistry.

Ashley had a great night on the scoresheet but I was unimpressed with his play, he missed a few great chances and took a bad penalty, if he would have played his normal game and been on he could have easily put up 5 or 6 points tonight considering he had 3 assists as it was and missed 2 easy goals for sure.

Anyways, that's enough rambling for me on my game recap. Hope everyone enjoys!
Thanks for the recap. Not many rocket fans on here so it's nice to hear a first-hand opinion of the game.

Fucales stat line is all you need to see to know he played poor. He's looked great as of late... Pretty determined and focused kid, so I hope he comes out against Sherbrooke with a solid performance.

Re: Gillard. A lot of people say that 20yo spot could be used with a better player, but I don't buy into that. Gillard has always be a stud in his own end, and tonight he showed that offensive flare that comes out once every couple months lol.

Andrews hopefully won't be so under-rated for long. Got picked to the all-star game and has always stood out in my mind for being one of the best two-way centers in the Q. Him and Nate are both in the top 4 in faceoff % and have stepped up their all around game this season.

Great 3rd by the Moose to take it though. On to Sherbrooke

RJQuack is offline  
Old
10-18-2012, 07:20 PM
  #390
Islander79
Co-Commissioner IDHL
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Prince Edward Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 38
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
Thanks for the recap. Not many rocket fans on here so it's nice to hear a first-hand opinion of the game.

Fucales stat line is all you need to see to know he played poor. He's looked great as of late... Pretty determined and focused kid, so I hope he comes out against Sherbrooke with a solid performance.

Re: Gillard. A lot of people say that 20yo spot could be used with a better player, but I don't buy into that. Gillard has always be a stud in his own end, and tonight he showed that offensive flare that comes out once every couple months lol.

Andrews hopefully won't be so under-rated for long. Got picked to the all-star game and has always stood out in my mind for being one of the best two-way centers in the Q. Him and Nate are both in the top 4 in faceoff % and have stepped up their all around game this season.

Great 3rd by the Moose to take it though. On to Sherbrooke

haha Please don't get me wrong, I am by absolutely no means a Rocket fan, in fact I actually have never been a fan of theirs! I'm just someone who lives on PEI who absolutely loves hockey and enjoys to share my thoughts and opinions on games. And sadly lol now people will most likely associate me with the Rocket due to my handle (which was created long before the Rocket announced their new name) because quite simply I am a Prince Edward Islander!

Islander79 is offline  
Old
10-19-2012, 10:22 PM
  #391
RJQuack
Registered User
 
RJQuack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,608
vCash: 500
Awful game tonight. Need to get their **** together for sure.

RJQuack is offline  
Old
10-19-2012, 10:59 PM
  #392
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,367
vCash: 500
Is Jo day to day ?

IHaveNoCreativity is offline  
Old
10-19-2012, 11:08 PM
  #393
RJQuack
Registered User
 
RJQuack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Is Jo day to day ?
He's doubtful for Bathurst on Sunday. Started contact this Wednesday.

RJQuack is offline  
Old
10-19-2012, 11:44 PM
  #394
donghabs98
Moderator
 
donghabs98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,591
vCash: 567
I was walking near the upper bowl and holy cow it was all full right to the very top

donghabs98 is online now  
Old
10-19-2012, 11:45 PM
  #395
donghabs98
Moderator
 
donghabs98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,591
vCash: 567
Who do they play next?

donghabs98 is online now  
Old
10-19-2012, 11:49 PM
  #396
RJQuack
Registered User
 
RJQuack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by donghabs98 View Post
Who do they play next?
@ Bathurst on Sunday.
home against Drum on Wednesday, and home against Chicoutimi next saturday.

RJQuack is offline  
Old
10-19-2012, 11:50 PM
  #397
RJQuack
Registered User
 
RJQuack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by donghabs98 View Post
I was walking near the upper bowl and holy cow it was all full right to the very top
That's why the announcer said "it's a sellout"

Good to see 10595+ people walk home happy for a change... Well actually, a lot of people were pretty pissed at our poor performance so maybe 9000

RJQuack is offline  
Old
10-20-2012, 08:11 AM
  #398
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,367
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
@ Bathurst on Sunday.
home against Drum on Wednesday, and home against Chicoutimi next saturday.
Bathurst is a powerhouse. And in Bathurst... No way the Moose win

IHaveNoCreativity is offline  
Old
10-20-2012, 01:19 PM
  #399
RJQuack
Registered User
 
RJQuack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Bathurst is a powerhouse. And in Bathurst... No way the Moose win
Bathurst could beat every team blindfolded. Banville > Drouin. And we don't have Drouin...

But in all seriousness, we've played like garbage recently and might not have Drouin or frk. Would be shocked if we could get it together in time to beat Bathurst.

RJQuack is offline  
Old
10-20-2012, 02:28 PM
  #400
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,367
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
Bathurst could beat every team blindfolded. Banville > Drouin. And we don't have Drouin...

But in all seriousness, we've played like garbage recently and might not have Drouin or frk. Would be shocked if we could get it together in time to beat Bathurst.
All you need is abit of luck.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:32 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.