Drouin played way too fancy tonight in my opinion

Old
01-11-2013, 09:28 PM
Libbs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrosKinnon View Post
Drouin played way too fancy tonight in my opinion
He sure did... he doesn't seem like the type of person but you have to wonder if he has started believing his press clippings. He needs to simplify his game down just a bit. He showed tremendous vision on the Lewis goal but then try to dangle through everyone the rest of the game.

I thought our 1st period was awesome. Offense was rolling and smothering the Armada for most of the period. Then the 2nd and 3rd were terrible periods. The passing wasn't crisp, clearing our own zone was quite the task, and the offense couldn't get any flow together.

Luckily though the Armada was just as sloppy as we were.

Old
01-11-2013, 09:34 PM
CrosKinnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
He sure did... he doesn't seem like the type of person but you have to wonder if he has started believing his press clippings. He needs to simplify his game down just a bit. He showed tremendous vision on the Lewis goal but then try to dangle through everyone the rest of the game.

I thought our 1st period was awesome. Offense was rolling and smothering the Armada for most of the period. Then the 2nd and 3rd were terrible periods. The passing wasn't crisp, clearing our own zone was quite the task, and the offense couldn't get any flow together.

I wouldnt call that tremendous vision. I know Jo has great vision but Lewis was the only logical option on that play, both back checkers looked for Nate leaving Lewis wide open.

I agree he needs to keep it more simple, I believe at one point he dangled one player, but lost the puck on the next deke which lead to a 2 on 1

Old
01-11-2013, 10:03 PM
donghabs98

vCash: 200
Quote:

I couldn't agree more. I thought afte the first we would just steam roll them but the 2nd and 3rd was anything but

Still good win. Anyone know how many people were at the game?

Old
01-11-2013, 10:07 PM
Libbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by donghabs98 View Post
I couldn't agree more. I thought afte the first we would just steam roll them but the 2nd and 3rd was anything but

Still good win. Anyone know how many people were at the game?
9800 give or take.

Old
01-11-2013, 11:43 PM
Dgill

vCash: 50
Aside from the first that was an unimpressive effort and win. Nice to beat a team like Blainville but there was just no jump to anyones game on either side. Reminded me a lot of our 3-2 over Sherbrooke at home from Pink in the Rink night.

But can't complain too much, the boys won and Ducharme will make sure everyone is firing more cylinders for tomorrow night.

Old
01-12-2013, 12:48 AM
George Maharis
Harbor Hopper

Quote:
9800 give or take.
If that was a guess, it was pretty good!! Halifax's website says there were 9628 at the game, so being 172 off aint bad!!

Old
01-12-2013, 01:07 AM
RJQuack

Frk, MacKinnon and Drouin tried to do too much, but that was very predictable... They obviously want to get back to playing for us and can all be effective "puck hogs". I'm not at all worried over that.

Kind of like we coasted after taking the 3-0 lead, but still played well enough to contain them... Fucale had a good night.

Wasn't impressed with BLB, didn't look like they were the biggest competition to rival us in the playoffs. Without dressing it up, they're 24-18 this year, and have just three wins in their last 14... 3rd best offense and defense on the stat sheet, but are no better than PEI or Drummondville when it comes to getting it done... What's up with these guys?

Maybe they're saving it for the playoffs lol.. good win anyways, Ducharme will hopefully remember last Sunday's meeting and make it three in a row tomorrow.

Old
01-12-2013, 09:25 AM
nsvoyageurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rey72335 View Post
If that was a guess, it was pretty good!! Halifax's website says there were 9628 at the game, so being 172 off aint bad!!

9,628 according to the game sheet/box score on the QMJHL website.

Old
01-12-2013, 10:12 AM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

Drouin was eh..... MacKinnon was good with the puck except for one time he just flicked the puck to nobody and it led to a counter-attack. Real wtf moment.

Thought Fucale was good.

BLB looked awful. Really really bad. Defending wasn't too too bad, but when they try the same thing over and over (drouin) it makes em look better than they probably are.

Did like Drouin turning that one defender inside out 5 times on the 1on1. Shame the defender stuck with it, would've been a sick goal

Old
01-12-2013, 11:57 AM
bigdirty

Thought Murphy looked pretty good last night. He had one moment where he just kinda threw the puck back to nobody, but other than that he made a lot of crisp, cross-ice passes. Looks like he could be a solid replacement for Abeltshauser on our PP after this season. Hard to get a feel for his overall game, but he looks like a #1 d-man in the making.

Old
01-12-2013, 06:39 PM
Christmas Izzy
FollowmeonInstagram!

sitting next to a guy who keeps yelling "lets go" and "come on, boys" while individually Addressing each player like an upset hockey parent. hes also been singin every. single. song.

he has also consistantly been pronouncing konrads name "apple-saucer" and has twice now pronounced weegar as "weenar".

please tell me its not one of you.. sorry for spelling btw

Old
01-12-2013, 07:08 PM
Christmas Izzy
FollowmeonInstagram!

what a play by drouin. lagace is playing surprisingly well tonight though

Old
01-12-2013, 08:32 PM
Christmas Izzy
FollowmeonInstagram!

Great game! beautiful goal by drouin

Old
01-12-2013, 08:59 PM
Dgill

Great effort in the comeback, the top line looked like the top line tonight. Ryan was excellent all night around the net as well.

Old
01-12-2013, 09:04 PM
CrosKinnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fst6 View Post
Great game! beautiful goal by drouin
How can you not even mention the pass by Mackinnon on that goal

Old
01-12-2013, 09:33 PM
Christmas Izzy
FollowmeonInstagram!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrosKinnon View Post
How can you not even mention the pass by Mackinnon on that goal
This questions needs to be a joke... Not the only breakaway pass to ever be made.

Old
01-13-2013, 02:48 AM
RJQuack

Great play for the game winner. I've seen so many games won by this team in the 3r period because of our forward group.

What's really scary about our current group up front is the improved depth (If you can believe that).

Drouin - MacKinnon - Frk ... Elite level puck carriers who bring something different. Drouin's incredible ability to control the flow of the game, MacKinnon's explosiveness and Frk's grit and shot make this so fun to watch every night.

Ciampini - Boudreau - Ashley ... Really put on a great display of chemistry tonight. All have great vision and passing and seem to know where each other will be on the ice.... A lot of concern was raised over this line before the season, but it's really shone the last month.

Beauchemin - MacAulay - Fournier ... Haven't looked in-sync yet, but three games in I don't see that as a problem. MacAuay and Fournier may make a name for themselves as OA forwards in the playoffs, and Beauchemin took the bonus ice-time in December and ran ..... Away from Lindsay and Alcalde lol. He's cemented an every day line-up spot as he could easily be a 2nd liner for us, and other teams.

Ryan - Andrews - Falkenham ... Andrews on "Line 4", need I say more? Seriously, what teams can put these type players on their 3rd, even 2nd line around the league? A luxury to have these guys play on "line 4",although they get more ice than typically 4ths do.

This team can take over a game in the 3rd as we've seen many times, and while some question the decision to drop Gillard, our forward group improves and is easily tops in the league right now.

The defense itself is fine IMO... Very big. 6 guys over six foot 200 pounds, and Lewis can take on big minutes. Murphy looks good skating and when he gets comfortable with the system here I hope he shows more, as of right now he looks just alright.

KA - Lewis
Murphy - Weegar
Hardie - Lovell

Break for everyone but, you guessed it... More MacKinnon and Drouin lol.. And Fucale.... They'll be the poster boys and focal point of the top Prospects game this week, along with Jones and Monahan.. Should be fun. Then a big three games in three nights, two of which are against the struggling Rempart/Armada... Huge week for the Moose.

Old
01-13-2013, 11:59 AM
Stoneberg
Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by fst6 View Post
This questions needs to be a joke... Not the only breakaway pass to ever be made.
Wow if you can't appreciate that saucer pass you must have never picked up a stick in your life because you clearly don't understand hockey very well if you equate that with a standard stretch pass.

Old
01-13-2013, 12:03 PM
CrosKinnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneberg View Post
Wow if you can't appreciate that saucer pass you must have never picked up a stick in your life because you clearly don't understand hockey very well if you equate that with a standard stretch pass.
Yea I wasn't even going to bother responding because this guy clearly has never played hockey before

Old
01-13-2013, 02:31 PM
Dasachtach
Bluenoser

So the CHL.practice tomorrow night is free, right?

Old
01-13-2013, 03:12 PM
Dgill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domhnall Dubh View Post
So the CHL.practice tomorrow night is free, right?
Yes it is, from 7-9. First 1000 people there get a free t-shirt.

Old
01-13-2013, 03:14 PM
Dasachtach
Bluenoser

Awesome, ill have to check that out.

As for last nights game: I'd hate to play the Rocket in the playoffs.

Old
01-13-2013, 03:18 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domhnall Dubh View Post
Awesome, ill have to check that out.

As for last nights game: I'd hate to play the Rocket in the playoffs.
Yes. This is one of the best Rocket teams I've seen in awhile. They'll take one in the playoffs for sure. With such a logjam at the top they might not make it past 7th, but could draw Chicoutimi or Drummondville, which they can take.

Old
01-13-2013, 03:25 PM
Dasachtach
Bluenoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
Yes. This is one of the best Rocket teams I've seen in awhile. They'll take one in the playoffs for sure. With such a logjam at the top they might not make it past 7th, but could draw Chicoutimi or Drummondville, which they can take.
I'd love to see a Lagace/Gibson matchup.

Closed Thread