Closed Thread

Old
08-21-2012, 10:59 AM
Raimu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
This.

But I still think the Moose need another top D.
Its been mentioned before but its worth mentioning again, Defensive depth in the league is sparse at best. There are no top D available.

Old
08-21-2012, 11:08 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raimu View Post
Its been mentioned before but its worth mentioning again, Defensive depth in the league is sparse at best. There are no top D available.
Everyone has their price..

Old
08-21-2012, 12:17 PM
QMJHLfollower
Heart and soul

I think Austyn Hardie is a top 4 defenseman, very solid defensively.

Old
08-21-2012, 12:28 PM
Raimu

Quote:
Everyone has their price..
Again, its not a question of price. THERE ARE NO DMEN. You could offer up MacKinnon, doesn't change the fact there are none out there.

The only 2 REAL upgrades we could go after are in BLB, and the price would be astronomical if they're even willing to trade, because they are going for it this year too.

Old
08-21-2012, 01:02 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by QMJHLfollower View Post
I think Austyn Hardie is a top 4 defenseman, very solid defensively.
I agree, he was only a rookie last season and has mean physical streak with him which is nice to see.

People **** on the Moose D, but the only thing we're really missing is a #2, a position that Gillard has played his whole career really. And I don't see why he would not carry over his play from the playoffs. I'm not gonna sit here and bs you by saying Lewis, Duke, Hardie, Weegar are top 2 defenseman, they're all bottom 2 pair guys... So I don't see the hate on the Moose D... People need to complain every now and then I guess

Old
08-21-2012, 01:31 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raimu View Post
Again, its not a question of price. THERE ARE NO DMEN. You could offer up MacKinnon, doesn't change the fact there are none out there.

The only 2 REAL upgrades we could go after are in BLB, and the price would be astronomical if they're even willing to trade, because they are going for it this year too.
There's a few OA's...

Old
08-21-2012, 01:47 PM
chsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
I agree, he was only a rookie last season and has mean physical streak with him which is nice to see.

People **** on the Moose D, but the only thing we're really missing is a #2, a position that Gillard has played his whole career really. And I don't see why he would not carry over his play from the playoffs. I'm not gonna sit here and bs you by saying Lewis, Duke, Hardie, Weegar are top 2 defenseman, they're all bottom 2 pair guys... So I don't see the hate on the Moose D... People need to complain every now and then I guess
The Titan faced off with the Mooseheads 8 times last season and you GAA was 3.75.

How would you classify that?

Old
08-21-2012, 01:50 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by chsb View Post
The Titan faced off with the Mooseheads 8 times last season and you GAA was 3.75.

Well for the majority of the season we played with 3 rookies Shewfelt, Desmond (not in second half) and Hardie, along with Randell, a forward, a playing D while KA was at WJC's, Hannay, Gillard injuries and Duke only arrived in January. Oh and a rookie 16yo goalie.

What is the point of your post again?

Old
08-21-2012, 02:28 PM
chsb

Quote:
Well for the majority of the season we played with 3 rookies Shewfelt, Desmond (not in second half) and Hardie, along with Randell, a forward, a playing D while KA was at WJC's, Hannay, Gillard injuries and Duke only arrived in January. Oh and a rookie 16yo goalie.

What is the point of your post again?
Well you are the one stating that a magical potion transformed an average D into a contending D over the summer without adding any new ingredients.

Old
08-21-2012, 02:53 PM
Patmac40
BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME

Quote:
Well you are the one stating that a magical potion transformed an average D into a contending D over the summer without adding any new ingredients.
Are you saying that these guys have stayed the same as they were last year and haven't improved? Yes, they need a number 2 dman, but these guys that were rookies last year have more than likely improved and at least one or 2 have become good enough for a 3 or 4 spot dman.

Old
08-21-2012, 03:12 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Are you daft? You go on preaching about natural progression so why will it not happen to Halifax, especially with one of the best young goalies in the CHL?! Along with 5 returnees, all of which I would rather have than any Titan D, and 3 rookies with upside...

You're honestly to simple to insult sometimes

Old
08-21-2012, 03:37 PM
angry pirate

Quote:
It was an average D when we didn't have Konrad returning. Prior to that we were a true #1 D away from having a solid blueline. Konrad and Gillard will provide the Moose with one of, if not the best, top pairings in the league.

Our biggest question mark, as I said, is will Duke, Hardie, or one of the rooks step up and fill the #4 role effectively. Or do we have 5 bottom pairing defensement and need another top 4? I think one of those five will step into a top 4 role, but we'll see. As i've said about giving Ryan, Ciampini and Ashley a shot at a top 6 role, we'd be crazy to not give those 5 (Weegar, Gazzola, and Lovell included) a shot at winning and deserving a top 4 role.

Old
08-21-2012, 04:01 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry pirate View Post
Konrad and Gillard will provide the Moose with one of, if not the best, top pairings in the league.
Gagne-Durepos and Ouellet-Carrier say hi..

Old
08-21-2012, 04:50 PM
NovaScotia Habsfan31

Quote:
Gagne-Durepos and Ouellet-Carrier say hi..
He said one of the top pairings not the top pairing. BTW I agree that on paper Oulette and Carrier are the top pairing and as far as Gagne and Durepos go we'll see how they fare with top minutes and not being insulated like they have been the past few seasons.

Old
08-21-2012, 05:05 PM
NovaScotia Habsfan31

Quote:

Yeah and half of those games the Mooseheads played against Bathurst were without KA and almost all of them the Mooseheads played without Gillard.

When the Mooseheads had a healthy D which was in the playoffs they played well and made it to the 3rd round while the Titan got beat out by the Sags in the first round.

Old
08-21-2012, 05:14 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaScotia Habsfan31 View Post
He said one of the top pairings not the top pairing. BTW I agree that on paper Oulette and Carrier are the top pairing and as far as Gagne and Durepos go we'll see how they fare with top minutes and not being insulated like they have been the past few seasons.
Ouellet-Carrier is scary !

Blainville's taking a page from Shawi...

I Think they'll hold their own..

Old
08-21-2012, 06:11 PM
chsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patmac40 View Post
Are you saying that these guys have stayed the same as they were last year and haven't improved? Yes, they need a number 2 dman, but these guys that were rookies last year have more than likely improved and at least one or 2 have become good enough for a 3 or 4 spot dman.
Well he said the Titan D sucked all summer because they did not improve....

How can Halifax D improve and nobody else does?
Don't you think that Moncton did not improve their D by adding Racine and BLB by adding Carrier?

Every team D matures, not only the Moose D.

The fact is that they got a suspect D at #2-3-4 and got a bunch of #6-7.

Old
08-21-2012, 06:12 PM
chsb

Quote:
Yeah and half of those games the Mooseheads played against Bathurst were without KA and almost all of them the Mooseheads played without Gillard.

When the Mooseheads had a healthy D which was in the playoffs they played well and made it to the 3rd round while the Titan got beat out by the Sags in the first round.
The Mooseheads were lucky enough to start of against Moncton while the Titan faced Chicoutimi in the first round.

However it odes not mean that I believe we had a better team...but please don't blow your defense out of proportion.

Old
08-21-2012, 07:54 PM
NovaScotia Habsfan31

Quote:
The Mooseheads were lucky enough to start of against Moncton while the Titan faced Chicoutimi in the first round.

However it odes not mean that I believe we had a better team...but please don't blow your defense out of proportion.
The Mooseheads weren't lucky to have been the #6 seed last year, they earned it through having a better defence than your Titan despite the youth on the backend as well as the injury troubles they had during the year.

But onto this year- the Mooseheads won't have the best defence on paper that is for sure. However they will be able to roll 4 forward lines if Ducharme chooses to do so and we have a goalie who is battletested and proven in the playoffs unlike some other pretenders.

The Mooseheads have a #1 D in KA and they have a choice amongst Gillard, Duke, Lewis and Hardie as to whom platoons with him on that #1 pairing and as well spots 6-8 are covered with Gazzola, Weegar and Lovell.

Old
08-21-2012, 07:57 PM
NovaScotia Habsfan31

Quote:

Don't you think that Moncton did not improve their D by adding Racine and BLB by adding Carrier?

Funny how you bring up Racine here seeimg as how on Q East proboards you discount him but you change your tune with different audiences don't you embarrassing yourself on different boards and in two different languages in bragging up your Titan

Old
08-21-2012, 10:16 PM
Reesor01

I've decided I'm going to take the humble approach again. You don't see many Moncton fans bragging about their team. You didn't see any Saint John fans bragging about their team the last couple seasons.

Sometimes when you brag about how good your team is sooooo much, it almost looks like you're trying to convince yourself that your team is in fact, as good or better than team X. Taking the humble approach will be less annoying to other that read message boards, and will ensure that the other guys have egg on their face if their team is one of the 17 that will not win the Presidents Cup this year, or one of the 59 teams that won't win the Memorial Cup.

Just let the chips fall where they may.

Old
08-22-2012, 01:15 AM
RJQuack

Quote:
Funny how you bring up Racine here seeimg as how on Q East proboards you discount him but you change your tune with different audiences don't you embarrassing yourself on different boards and in two different languages in bragging up your Titan
Ya that is one of the more pathetic things he's done this summer, even for him... Up there with trying to throw Fraser under the bus after 1 hour of being a Foreur. Q proboards, he sucks ... HFB, Moncton made a great improvement.

A little backpedaling, a little alter-ego ... y'know, classic chsb.

Old
08-22-2012, 01:21 AM
RJQuack

Quote:

Old
08-22-2012, 01:36 AM
RJQuack

Quote:

Quote:
Do not go around saying that we are pumping up the Moose when you are notoriously known for saying the EVERY Titan player will grow while others won't. See Moncton v.s Bathurst ****shows in proboards.You're the knob that thinks Godin and Girard will BOTH score 40, so don't even begin to question us on what to expect of the Moose D

Quote:
Ya that's a "fact" alright. Lewis, Duke, Hardie, Gillard normally look lost out there. Once they're in junior A at Christmas we'll look to plan B

Girard Godin
Houle Robert
Gosselin Doucet
Groleau

How can you expect to even come close to contending (halifax, Quebec, BLB) with four 4th-6th defenseman and 3 spares?

Old
08-22-2012, 12:02 PM
welcometothebigshow2

Quote:

Do not go around saying that we are pumping up the Moose when you are notoriously known for saying the EVERY Titan player will grow while others won't. See Moncton v.s Bathurst ****shows in proboards.You're the knob that thinks Godin and Girard will BOTH score 40, so don't even begin to question us on what to expect of the Moose D

Ya that's a "fact" alright. Lewis, Duke, Hardie, Gillard normally look lost out there. Once they're in junior A at Christmas we'll look to plan B

Girard Godin
Houle Robert
Gosselin Doucet
Groleau

How can you expect to even come close to contending (halifax, Quebec, BLB) with four 4th-6th defenseman and 3 spares?
Girard, IMO, would be an easy number three on the Moose.

Closed Thread