HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Phillipe Furer

Closed Thread

Old
12-24-2004, 03:03 AM
RoyIsALegend*

vCash: 500
Phillipe Furer

Hey, just like to say I've seen him play now three times, and my what a good defenseman he is. Super physical, plays the body great, and is remarkably quick for a big man. Absolute cannon of a shot as well.

HUGE steal in the 6th round, in my opinion.

Old
12-24-2004, 06:55 AM
pleasemyboy

vCash:
Yeah. I'm starting to hear a lot of good things about this guy. Make that another one added to our deep defensive crop. I personally think Guenin and Potter are both going to be good NHL defenseman. We have so many defenseman with a shot of making the NHL it's absurd

There will come a time soon when Sather is going to trade 3-4 prospects for a star, 23-24 year old, offensive player. It is logical. We have tons of defense prospects and many rugged forward types but we lack the young offensive star. We also have 3 goalie prospects to deal from if we choose.

Old
12-24-2004, 07:46 AM
Taz

yeah we need more 1st 2nd line players.

Old
12-24-2004, 09:22 AM
ATLANTARANGER*

Now wait just a minute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyIsALegend
Hey, just like to say I've seen him play now three times, and my what a good defenseman he is. Super physical, plays the body great, and is remarkably quick for a big man. Absolute cannon of a shot as well.

HUGE steal in the 6th round, in my opinion.
How can it be that Slats and his dimwits have drafted another late round gem? I thought Slats was an old fart that didn't know hockey anymore! Are you saying that he fooled all the experts on here and other boards? I mean, I thought this rebuilding thing just happened last March!

Old
12-24-2004, 09:53 AM
pleasemyboy

vCash:
I think Renney is a really good guy to judge talent. I don't think he can coach. We will see. Ever since he became involved in our drafting it has gotten much better.

Old
12-24-2004, 10:19 AM
Levitate

renney has a great track record in junior hockey and international competition as a coach...but his NHL career hasn't really amounted to much. though his vancouver stint might be considered tainted by difficulties he had with some of the players, according to rumor *cough*messier*cough*

he should be good with the young players, which will be good for the rangers in the future

Old
12-24-2004, 10:19 AM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER
How can it be that Slats and his dimwits have drafted another late round gem? I thought Slats was an old fart that didn't know hockey anymore! Are you saying that he fooled all the experts on here and other boards?
I'll believe that when I see it. Sather's draft record over the last decade is miserable, plain and simple. He's done little to nothing with the Rangers to change that record. It's wonderful that these prospects look good, but good-looking prospects are dime-a-dozen. Sather's ability to "fool the experts" will be seen when, make that IF, a significant number of these "late round gems" ever have meaningful NHL careers. (I won't bother to mention early round picks like the immortal Lee Falardeau.)

The plain fact of the matter is that for every one of the "experts" on this board at whom you seem to be scoffing, there are five complete homers who go completely overboard and think all of their team's prospects are destined for NHL greatness.

Old
12-24-2004, 10:45 AM
pleasemyboy

vCash:
I think you have to give the recent drafts and moves a lot of credit. Fedor clearly showed me he's a top 4 defenseman in his stint on the NHL level. Blackburn looked like a star in the making before his shoulder and I believe he will get back to the that level. Murray looked good in his role as a 3rd-4th line energy guy. Most people seem to think you can throw anybody in that role and it isn't true. The Devils had players like that who would constantly make plays in big games to help them win. Kondratiev and Immonen are thought of by many scouts to be 2 players that will make and produce at the NHL level. Lampman didn't look terrible in his time up on the Rangers and he's improved his game this year at Hartford. I still have hope for Balej as well on the NHL level.

If you look back at our drafts we had nothing. We didn't even have guys that could make the WJC teams. Now we have tons. Potter was a rock on defense for the American team. Dawes was the best player for Canada. Montoya was a rock in goal for the U.S. Baranka is one of the top 2 defenseman on his team. Korpo(I'm not spelling it) has made his countries team. It's not like we have losers in our system. We have guys making select tournament teams. When is the last time that happened?

Old
12-24-2004, 11:25 AM
AG9NK35DT8*

Quote:
Originally Posted by pleasemyboy
I think you have to give the recent drafts and moves a lot of credit. Fedor clearly showed me he's a top 4 defenseman in his stint on the NHL level. Blackburn looked like a star in the making before his shoulder and I believe he will get back to the that level. Murray looked good in his role as a 3rd-4th line energy guy. Most people seem to think you can throw anybody in that role and it isn't true. The Devils had players like that who would constantly make plays in big games to help them win. Kondratiev and Immonen are thought of by many scouts to be 2 players that will make and produce at the NHL level. Lampman didn't look terrible in his time up on the Rangers and he's improved his game this year at Hartford. I still have hope for Balej as well on the NHL level.

If you look back at our drafts we had nothing. We didn't even have guys that could make the WJC teams. Now we have tons. Potter was a rock on defense for the American team. Dawes was the best player for Canada. Montoya was a rock in goal for the U.S. Baranka is one of the top 2 defenseman on his team. Korpo(I'm not spelling it) has made his countries team. It's not like we have losers in our system. We have guys making select tournament teams. When is the last time that happened?
Good post I agree with everything you said.

Old
12-24-2004, 12:00 PM
dedalus

Quote:
I think you have to give the recent drafts and moves a lot of credit. Fedor clearly showed me he's a top 4 defenseman in his stint on the NHL level.
Agreed. Should I now say that Sather is a genius because he drafted a #2-#4 defenseman in the second round? Come ON. Getting that should be our minimal expectation, and quite frankly that's what Sather has lived up to.

Quote:
Blackburn looked like a star in the making before his shoulder
No. If you're capable of being objective about Ranger prospects you'll say that Blackburn looked like a competent NHL backup in his NYC stint. Is that good for an 18 year old? Yes. Might he have been more? Yes. But he was not as impressive as, say, Luongo and Fleury were in their initial NHL seasons. (In addition ATLANTARANGER's post was dealing with Sather's ability to "fool the experts." Drawing a good player in the #10 draft position, as I discussed above with Tyutin, is the least of what we expect from a GM, and doing so hardly proves that you know talent better than others. If we're goinf to keep this in the context of the original post, we should be talking about "late round gems" not high first round draft picks.)

Quote:
Murray looked good in his role as a 3rd-4th line energy guy.
Murray was a perfectly adequate 3rd liner on the sixth worst team in hockey. He doesn't see a minute of ice time on a genuine contender.

Quote:
Kondratiev and Immonen are thought of by many scouts to be 2 players that will make and produce at the NHL level.
Neither of whom Glen Sather drafted.

Quote:
Lampman didn't look terrible in his time up on the Rangers
Honestly now, do you call that a ringing endorsement of Sather's eye for drafting talent? He "didn't look terrible"???????

Quote:
If you look back at our drafts we had nothing. We didn't even have guys that could make the WJC teams.
Fine. This isn't a discussion of Neil Smith's abilities as a talent evaluator. Proving that Smith sucked doesn't prove that Sather has been good.

Quote:
Now we have tons. Potter was a rock on defense for the American team. Dawes was the best player for Canada. Montoya was a rock in goal for the U.S. Baranka is one of the top 2 defenseman on his team. Korpo(I'm not spelling it) has made his countries team. It's not like we have losers in our system. We have guys making select tournament teams. When is the last time that happened?
Wonderful. Now here's my question: what percentage of all those who play in WJC tournaments play a single minute in the NHL? How many of those have NHL careers that are more than two years? How many of them are more than marginal NHLers?

I'll write again what I wrote above. It's great to have good prospects, but at the end of the day they remain just that, and if you listen to those who have little bias, even the best Ranger prospects are only very good. There is little outside opinion that the Rangers have even a single great prospect.

Old
12-24-2004, 01:03 PM
pleasemyboy

vCash:
You posted an awful lot Dedalus for somebody who didn't bother to read the main point of the thread. The point was about our drafts in general and how Renney has improved them with his talent evaluation. It wasn't about praising Sather. If you are so bitter about the past 7 years you can always jump on the Devil bandwagon. I'm sure they have room for you.

I don't even know where to start with your post. You made it all about Sather. You ignored the drafting and trading part of it. You think all our prospects are crap.

"I think you have to give the recent drafts and moves a lot of credit."

I suppose Sather deserves no credit for having the guts to trade Leetch. You may hate him but I doubt any other GM would have done that. Sather is arrogant but he had the power to rebuild here. He took way too long but he got the rebuilding going. If you can also find me another GM that could have gotten more for Malakhov, Nedved and Leetch I would love to know who he is.

Old
12-24-2004, 01:08 PM
Levitate

i don't think sather has a lot to do with the drafting anyways, it's up to guys like renney and maloney, not to mention the scouts

Old
12-24-2004, 01:14 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate
i don't think sather has a lot to do with the drafting anyways, it's up to guys like renney and maloney, not to mention the scouts
Yea during the draft show, all Sather did was eat ice cream. They most likely edited the part where Sather got ice cream on his nice tie.

Old
12-24-2004, 01:14 PM
pleasemyboy

vCash:
I don't want to pick on Dedalus but this is exactly the type of Ranger fan I can't stand. You can't base today on what happened the past 7 years. Most people give teams that win, credit for everything and teams that lose credit for nothing. We have been a losing team but that doesn't mean we haven't done anything well the past 3 or 4. The drafting has been much better. Do you think defenseman like Fedor just walk on to NHL teams every day? Do you think teams have a stable of goalies like Montoya, Lundqvist and Blackburn all the time? Look around and you will see most teams have nothing close to that in net waiting to make the NHL.

Dawes was a star for Canada in the tournament and he was a late round pick. As was Lundqvist. If you find me a ton of other teams that came up with players on that level, that late in the draft then please show me. I'm sure there are some but not many. If you are a Ranger fan that has become so bitter and can't look at any of our young players objectively I don't know what to tell you. You also have to remember we still haven't had a full year of actually playing our kids. It's not like last year was a rebuilding year where kids played. We made deals but most weren't available to play in the NHL.

You draft a 6'6 center in Graham who has had a great year and you make it seem like he will never be crap. Every scout I read who rated the Rangers draft said they had a tremendous draft and were winners on draft day. Now you are telling us they basically all stink?

Old
12-24-2004, 01:25 PM
RoyIsALegend*

Quote:
You posted an awful lot Dedalus for somebody who didn't bother to read the main point of the thread. The point was about our drafts in general and how Renney has improved them with his talent evaluation.
Actually, I created this thread in hopes of people discussing Furer.

But you were close.

Old
12-24-2004, 01:25 PM
Barnaby

I have to agree about our drafting in recent years. I feel that Maloney, Renney, and even Sather have done a pretty good job! You can criticize Sather for dealing picks, spending money, etc... but the drafting has been solid. Tjutin was a great pick, to sit and say that was the minimum to get for a 2nd rounder is foolish. There isnt a team in the league that wouldn't trade a 2nd for him today. You can't let your anger over the last 7 years cloud the good things that have been done. The drafting has probably been in the top 25 percent of the league for the last few years, and the deadline deals were quite good IMHO. I personally would have fired Sather, but you can't bash everything he does because you don't like him. You have to be fair, and give credit where it is due. if you want to Sather doesn't make the picks - well who hires the people that do? When you seem to turn out 2-3 players per draft your doing a nice job. With some high picks in the next 3 years I am confident that these guys can pick winners.

Old
12-24-2004, 01:32 PM
pleasemyboy

vCash:
I don't know if this guy even watches hockey. People were raving about Blackburn after his rookie year. The team was soooooo bad defensively in front of him it was ridiculous. Then he tells me Fleury was better? Fleury stunk. Period. So bad that the Penquins realized he wasn't ready for the NHL yet.

The Rangers never made any commitment to play kids till what was supposed to be this season. Stating that our prospects stink is idiotic. How would you know? They never played and it wasn't because they stunk. It was because the Ranger mentality was to play a team basically consisting of all old players.

Fedor was so good the dopes couldn't keep him down for long but much like with Lampman it took injuries for him to get his chance. Then the light bulb went on in Sather's head and he said, "Damn. These guys can play" Then he cleaned house.

I mean, if you hate this team that much then go find another one.

Old
12-24-2004, 01:39 PM
pleasemyboy

vCash:
247 D Jonathan Paiement
266 R Jakub Petruzalek

While their leagues are not high quality, when you draft two guys like this with those picks you are doing something right.

Old
12-24-2004, 03:13 PM
Fish

I generally counsel caution when it comes to prospects. Over the past 10 years we've seen a lot of high touted or even well thought of prospects never make an impact at the NHL level, or many cases never even make it to the NHL.

You typically only hear positive news about prospects from people who've seen them play. It's only natural that fans of the Rangers want to see their prospect pool in a positive light, but when planning for the future or assessing talent you need to take this into account.

It's been interesting watching the drafting style of Renney and Maloney since they've joined the Rangers. Both appear to be big on the character side of thing, and Renney in particular seems to overlook talent in favor of getting work ethic/size.

Maloney by contrast appears to go more on "gut feel" looking for that connection with a player...emotionally/personality wise.

The year they drafted 4 players out of the Green Bay Gamblers suggested to me that they perhaps overscouted a single area and underscouted some others...though Guenin, Taylor, Crabb and Walsh all remain viable prospects. And to be fair it's very difficult to assess talent between leagues, let alone countries.

Aside from drafting, the Rangers have been notoriously bad at developing talent and certainly haven't helped things in recent years with their high-paid veteran laden NHL squad and their optional practices.

There are things I like about what Renney has done, and to be honest he's the one guy in the organization I have the most respect for. Renney brought in the Calgary camps and helped build up the development program that the Rangers prospects now go through. He also appears to me to be the one who finally convinced Maloney and Sather that you have to build a team...

Finally I just want to point out that the Rangers have a lot of "3rd line" type players in their system. The leading scorer on the Wolf Pack is considered a 3rd liner type by Maloney, the goaltender isn't considered a future NHLer and is at best 3rd on the depth chart in terms of potential, maybe 4th if Blackburn makes a healthy return.

The Rangers are a long way from dispelling the difficulties they've had drafting and developing players. There is hope of course, and several promising players in the ranks...but it's probably better to be safer than sorry at this point because there are few stand outs and a lot of prospects with significant questions.

Old
12-24-2004, 03:19 PM
Levitate

yeah the rangers don't have sure fire 1st and 2nd line type players...they have some guys who *might* develop into something like that (dawes just to name an example) but no real sure fire thing. and that is a weakness...but it's not horrible either i guess. players like jessiman, dawes, even korpikoski could end up coming in and being big parts of the top 2 lines. who knows if they reach that, but it's possible. but that's why this next draft is going to be an important one (assuming there somehow is a draft) the rangers should still get a top pick and they need a top forward or defenseman

but the other thing with the rangers is that they always have the resources to acquire top talent (again assuming there isn't some unilateral hard cap that prevents them from using said resources) and if you build a solid team through the draft and then add the top talent, it works a lot better than what the rangers have tried to do in the past

as for furrer...i honestly know nothing about this guy, anyone wanna give me some extra info?

Old
12-24-2004, 03:28 PM
NYR469

the only thing sather is responsible for with the drafting is his decision to put renney and maloney in charge. those 2 make all the decisions and make all the picks...

and in many ways sather deserves credit for saying 'these guys know what they are doing better then me' and giving them the power to make the calls

Old
12-24-2004, 03:41 PM
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate
yeah the rangers don't have sure fire 1st and 2nd line type players...they have some guys who *might* develop into something like that (dawes just to name an example) but no real sure fire thing. and that is a weakness...but it's not horrible either i guess. players like jessiman, dawes, even korpikoski could end up coming in and being big parts of the top 2 lines. who knows if they reach that, but it's possible. but that's why this next draft is going to be an important one (assuming there somehow is a draft) the rangers should still get a top pick and they need a top forward or defenseman

but the other thing with the rangers is that they always have the resources to acquire top talent (again assuming there isn't some unilateral hard cap that prevents them from using said resources) and if you build a solid team through the draft and then add the top talent, it works a lot better than what the rangers have tried to do in the past

as for furrer...i honestly know nothing about this guy, anyone wanna give me some extra info?
Yes of course you are right, you need to build a team around good goaltending and a team approach before you get too crazy with the offensive stars. And of course that defuses some of my criticisms when it comes to their drafting styles.

I should also add that Maloney took much greater risks with some of his picks (Olver, Callahan, Bahensky, Psurny in particular) than Renney had and it was probably a good time to do that. I hope they do continue to do that in the next draft, because the Rangers have built a good base of players now that should enable them to gamble a little more going forward.

As for Furrer, I managed to get an update on him from one of the posters here at HF who does updates of the Nationaliga. The one piece of news that I thought was most interesting is that he'd like to come over and play in the NCAA, maybe as soon as next season when his contract runs out with Bern:

Here's the complete summary of what he had to say:
http://www.outsidethegarden.com/pros...ile.asp?PID=16

Old
12-24-2004, 04:24 PM
Barnaby

Furrer sounds like he could be a pleasant surprise in a few years. I never heard much about him at all until now.

Old
12-24-2004, 04:31 PM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish
Yes of course you are right, you need to build a team around good goaltending and a team approach before you get too crazy with the offensive stars. And of course that defuses some of my criticisms when it comes to their drafting styles.

I should also add that Maloney took much greater risks with some of his picks (Olver, Callahan, Bahensky, Psurny in particular) than Renney had and it was probably a good time to do that. I hope they do continue to do that in the next draft, because the Rangers have built a good base of players now that should enable them to gamble a little more going forward.

As for Furrer, I managed to get an update on him from one of the posters here at HF who does updates of the Nationaliga. The one piece of news that I thought was most interesting is that he'd like to come over and play in the NCAA, maybe as soon as next season when his contract runs out with Bern:

Here's the complete summary of what he had to say:
http://www.outsidethegarden.com/pros...ile.asp?PID=16
Yea, I agree with what your saying. Aside from a couple of picks like Byers and Dubinsky, I really think the Rangers had a good draft. If one or two of their gambles can work out then the Rangers draft will probably look very nice in a few years after you factor in Montoya and Korpikoski as well.

The Rangers have added some nice players in recent years, but they still lack the top end players. The next few years should hopefully see us land some front line players. When you add them to our current prospects and other future gambles you will probably see a very good young team.

When you compare the Maloney/Renney drafts to those of Smiths era I think you see a huge jump. I wouldn't say we are the best drafting team by any means, but I feel like we went from one of the 3-4 worst to a top 10 team in terms of drafting. It looks like we are adding a couple NHL players in each draft which is pretty darn good considering how much a crap shoot it is. The Calgary camps from Renney seem to have really helped spark our guys as well.

Old
12-24-2004, 05:17 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
26 G Dan Cloutier - Solid NHL goalie
52 Rudolf Vercik - Never Made It
78 D Adam Smith - Never Made It
100 D Alexander Korobolin - Never Made It
104 L Sylvain Blouin - 4th line tough guy
130 Martin Ethier - Never Made It
135 F Yuri Litvinov - Never Made It
156 R David Brosseau - Never Made It
182 F Alexander Lazarenko - Never Made It
208 D Craig Anderson - Never Made It
209 G Vitali Yeremeyev - Never Made It
234 L Eric Boulton - 4th line tough guy but not with Rangers
260 Radoslav Kropac - - Never Made It
267 L Jamie Butt - Never Made It
286 D Kim Johnsson - Made it with Rangers but dealt to Flyers in Lindros deal. :mad:
39 R Christian Dube - Had talent but.....
65 D Mike Martin - Never Made It
91 C Marc Savard - Made it and is a solid player but his attitude needs to change.
110 D Alexei Vasiliev - Never Made It
117 D Dale Purinton - Made it as a tough guy.
143 Peter Slamiar - Never Made It
169 G Jeff Heil - Never Made It
195 D Ilja Gorokhov - Never Made It
221 C Bob Maudie - Never Made It

22 D Jeff Brown - Never Made It
48 L Daniel Goneau - Played some NHL games then got lost.
76 F Dmitry Subbotin - Never Made It
131 L Colin Pepperall - Never Made It
158 D Ola Sandberg - Never Made It
185 D Jeff Dessner - Never Made It
211 D Ryan McKie - Never Made It
237 D Ronnie Sundin - Good dman in Europe and that is it.
19 R Stefan Cherneski - What could have been if not for injuries.
46 D Wes Jarvis - Never Made It
73 D Burke Henry - 6th, 7th dman for Hawks and now on the Panthers with Keenan.
93 D Tomi Kallarsson - Never Made It
126 G Jason McLean - Never Made It
134 R Johan Lindbom - Retired after short stint in NHL.
136 C Mike York - Bad move by trading him, at least it was not Smith who did it.
154 G Shawn Degagne - Never Made It
175 G Johan Holmqvist - Never Made It
182 D Mike Mottau - Never Made It
210 L Andrew Proskurnicki - Never Made It
236 D Richard Miller - Never Made It
7 C Manny Malhotra - Solid 3/4th liner centre and maybe more. Still young and on a good young Jackets team.
40 L Randy Copley - Never Made It
66 G Jason Labarbera - Might still make it, still has time.
114 L Boyd Kane - 4th liner on Flyers call up once in a while
122 L Pat Leahy - Never Made It
131 D Tomas Kloucek - Still can become a solid 4th dman for Thrashers
180 R Stefan Lundqvist - Never Made It
207 R Johan Witehall - Had NHL speed and solid on PK but we lost him to waivers, and played guys like Brent Fedyk ahead of him.
235 D Jan Mertzig - - Never Made It

4 W Pavel Brendl - Who knows? Maybe a good coach can teach him a lesson.
9 C Jamie Lundmark - Still young. If Wolfpack coaches cant make him a better player, then I dont know who will.
59 C David Inman - Never Made It
79 G Johan Asplund - Never Made It
90 D Patrick Aufiero - Injuries hurt him but was with Providence but was cut despise having good numbers. I wont be surprised if Sather signs him back if injuries to Wolfpack defense continue to pile up.
137 R Garrett Bembridge - Never Made It
177 Jay Dardis - Never Made It
197 D Arto Laatikainen - Never Made It
226 L Evgeny Gusakov - Never Made It
251 Petter Henning - Never Made It
254 F Alexei Bulatov - Never Made It
64 D Filip Novak - Dealt to Florida in Bure deal so who knows?
95 F Dominic Moore - Part of our future.
112 D Premsyl Duben - Never Made It
140 Nathan Martz - Never Made It
143 G Brandon Snee - Never Made It
175 Sven Helfenstein - Never Made It
205 G Henrik Lundqvist - Part of our future
238 D Danny Eberly - Never Made It
269 D Martin Richter - Solid prospect who could have made it but was homesick.
10 G Dan Blackburn - Can still be a great goaltender
40 D Fedor Tjutin - Solid Dman who plays both ends well.
79 C Garth Murray - Solid 4th liner who brings heart and grit but lets hope the injuries dont hamper that.
113 D Bryce Lampman - Solid 5/6th dman in future.
139 R Shawn Collymore - Never Made It
176 D Marek Zidlicky - Mad move dealing him. Id take him over Poti any day.
206 L Petr Preucil - Never Made It
226 Pontus Petterstrom - Never Made It
230 D Leonid Zvachkin - Never Made It
238 C Ryan Hollweg - Small gritty and has some skil, 3rd/4th liner who will hit anyone.
269 R Juris Stals - I dont know, maybe he just having bad year this year.

33 Lee Falardeau - Good year in ECHL, can still be a solid NHL checking centre.
81 L Marcus Jonasen - Big, young, and LW and having solid year in juniors. I hope he plays for Wolfpack next year.
127 Nathan Guenin - Big dman and plays nasty game. To Early to tell.
143 Mike Walsh - To Early to tell
177 D Jake Taylor - Already in Hartford maybe a bit early but is getting lots of ice time and hitting alot.
194 C Kim Hirschovits - Who knows, prolly another player who wont come to NA
226 F Joey Crabb - He is having a great year in college. I hope we sign him so he can go to Hartford.
240 Petr Prucha - Who knows if he is the real deal. Sather should sign him so he can get quality ice time either in ECHL, AHL or juniors.
270 F Rob Flynn - I doubt he makes it
12 F Hugh Jessiman - Big part of our future.
50 D Ivan Baranka - Big part of our defense.
75 F Ken Roche - To Early to tell
122 Corey Potter - To Early to tell
149 L Nigel Dawes -
176 C Ivan Dornic - He sucks
179 Phillip Furrer - Lets see onces he goes to NCAA to see how he does.
180 Chris Holt - Another goaltender that can be our future.
209 D Dylan Reese - To Early to tell
243 F Jan Marek - Prolly wont come to NA
6 G Al Montoya - Big part of our future.
19 C Lauri Korpikoski - Big part of our future.
36 C Darin Olver - Solid centre with speed.
48 L Dane Byers - 4th line tough guy
51 C Bruce Graham - Keith Primeau, well that is what the scouts said but he is not that physical. I say Viktor Kozlov.
60 C Brandon Dubinsky - Darcy Tucker or PJ Stock in my eyes.
73 R Zdenek Bahensky - Gritty and scoring and can be a 2ed liner/3rd liner.
80 C Billy Ryan - I see another Mike York, well I hope
127 R Ryan Callahan - I see grittier Mark Parrish in this player.
135 L Roman Psurny - Who knows?
169 L Jordan Foote - 4th liner at best
247 D Jonathan Paiement - He can score and has alot of grit. I just wonder why drafted so low.
266 R Jakub Petruzalek - Small and scoring but his size concerns me oh wait, we got alot of small players playing well.

from 94 - 99 during Neil Smith's draft only 10 players have made it to the NHL in playing more than 50 games during the season. Those players are: Cloutier, Savard, York, Purinton, Boulton, Kloucek, Johnsson, Malhotra, Brendl, Lundmark. Boulton made the NHL in 2000, 6 years after he was drafted, and it was not like he was drafted from Europe like Johnsson who made it in 1999.

From 2000 - 2004 during Sather's draft about 5 players had a cup of coffee with the Rangers. Those players are: Blackburn, Tjutin, Murray, Lampman and Moore and that is only the begining. And these players were just drafted only a few years back.

Closed Thread