HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

SCF Gm#5, 6/9/12: KINGS lose to DEVILS 2-1, but lead series 3-2 ...

Closed Thread

Old
06-10-2012, 01:41 AM
ReverseSweep
Kingspiracy.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willard View Post
I have a strong feeling also that Game 6 will be huge for Drew Doughty.
I'm with you on this. I'll say Carter and Matt Greene too.

Old
06-10-2012, 01:43 AM
ReverseSweep
Kingspiracy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Hrudey View Post
This is vintage Brodeur, when Marty is feeling it, he feels it and thats a very scary thing if your the opposing team. The goal post has been our worst enemy all series long and it kills me to hear *ding* repeatedly. Im sorry to say but if we cant pop the corks after game 6 is over, I have a bad feeling they may never get popped. Im keeping the faith though, only 1 more game, they cant keep letting the pressure get to them
I don't think this is vintage Brodeur. He's pretty weak on his stick side.....

Old
06-10-2012, 01:48 AM
reset
Puck Luck

attention to dustin brown and mike richards... please wake up. This is the Stanley Cup Finals.

Old
06-10-2012, 01:53 AM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
All Marty's feeling is old.

This has not been vintage Brodeur. He's looked ordinary, beatable, and thanks to 7 posts and a boatload of shanked shots in the last two games, the final scores weren't 4-2 Kings. That wasn't Marty being "in the zone". That was Marty with a horseshoe up his ass combined with an impotent Kings offense.
Seriously. I haven't seen this many missed shots in one/two games since I went down and watched my 7 year old nephew play at icetown in riverside...

Old
06-10-2012, 02:00 AM
WhatTheFox
Jacha-chacha-chachow

After calming down I was thinking that perhaps it was meant to be that LA lose this game. They seemed to control most of the play and had the better scoring opportunities. NJ scored on a broken play and an unfortunate deflection.

If there is any good in this world, LA will win it on Monday in front of their fans. After 44 years, an illegal stick and countless years of disappointment, I can't think of another fan base more deserving of a Stanley Cup, and for them to be allowed to see it happen in their building would just be a fitting way to reward the loyalty they've shown.

Old
06-10-2012, 02:01 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

It's due time that these guys sent the fans home happy and end 45 years of torture and misery.

Old
06-10-2012, 02:13 AM
RAZZIE King
Los Cucarachas

Can I blame Quick for those gray hairs that started showing up in my beard???

Old
06-10-2012, 02:28 AM
Wooty

Quick just needs to have someone scream "NOW" right into his face
Kopitar looked so very tired
Richards looks like he doesn't know quite what to do to create an offensive chance

I enjnoyed the game gerally, was even and well played. I do see that obstrucion penalties are not going to get called so that gives the Devils an advantage.

I think myabe it is time to undo the Gagne change and get back to what we did to win

Of course if they lose I have still had a fun ride with the team... I got some new meds (really I did because my obsessions are causing problems) so I am less obsessed by hockey but I plan to stick with the GDT

I wish I could go to the game, that would be something to see!

Old
06-10-2012, 02:41 AM
backhander

Kings didn't have the puck luck. Not sure why Sutter is changing the lines up during the game. Things were working....Sutter don't pull a Terry Murray with one game left to win PLEASE!!!

If anything I'd bench Gagne. I didn't have a good feeling about him playing and would rather see Richardson or Cliffy in.

Old
06-10-2012, 02:48 AM
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4reals View Post
Am I the only one who thinks that we actually played a good game tonight! Sorry but the reason we lost was Quicks stupidity in handling the puck and a lucky bounce again. But in terms of play on the ice I thought we dominated the game.
Yes that is how I saw it. Devils did not play that good that they should have won but Kings did. Bounces nothing else.

Old
06-10-2012, 02:58 AM
WhatTheFox
Jacha-chacha-chachow

The Mayor John Hoven ‏@mayorNHL

#lakings Dustin Brown didn't play last 4 minutes of game. Looking for answer, not likely to get one...or at least a straight answer.

Old
06-10-2012, 03:06 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

Brown is injured, and probably worse than anyone on the team.

Kopitar reportedly has been sick? He looked really slow tonight.

Richards has to be injured, maybe not as bad as Brown but he looks to be in his mid-season form. Just no excuse to be spoon fed two chances like that in the last minute and shooting both of them wide.

The Kings will not win a Stanley Cup if one or both of these guys dont show up in one of the final 2 games.

Old
06-10-2012, 03:13 AM
WhatTheFox
Jacha-chacha-chachow

If Brown and Richards are injured to that degree, it'll be up to guys like Williams, Penner, Carter, Doughty and Quick to show up in the next 2 or the Kings won't win the Cup.

Old
06-10-2012, 03:32 AM
gonnaneedsomewine

1. I actually thought this was the best that the Kings have looked all series long. Kings had excellent jump, were buzzing offensively, and thoroughly outplayed the Devils for most of the game. Puck just didn't bounce their way tonight with two flukey goals vs Quick and an inability to finish offensively. Sometimes you outplay the opponent and lose (see earlier in the series when NJ outplayed us for large stretches in games one and two yet we still won).

2. This national notion that "vintage Brodeur" has carried the Devils back into the series is garbage. Marty has been beat clean on so many shots and has been bailed out by the post. Half of the "great saves" he's allegedly been making are ones where he didn't even see the puck until it hit him in the chest. He flops all over the ice and just guesses now. Just be thankful that we are playing Marty instead of Lundqvist, because the chances of Marty putting together back to back gems in game 6 and 7 with no soft goals are slim.

3. I disagree with a lot of the Gagne criticism. I think he's had some good jump and some decent chances in his 3 games. It's hard to really create quality scoring chances when he's playing on the 4th line and not getting a ton of minutes. I like what I've seen from him considering he's been out for so long.

4. I actually want Gagne moved up from the 4th line. I think it's time to relegate Dwight King to 4th line duties or sit him down for Richardson. I have not liked the way he's been playing and feel like he is bringing down Stoll and Lewis. He was great against Phoenix and was solid earlier in this series, but he's just not playing as effective as he was.

Move Gagne up to that 3rd line with Stoll and Lewis or get him some shifts with Kopi and Williams or Kopi and Brown like they did late in third period tonight. I'd love to see Gagne, Kopi, and Williams as a line every once in a while. Let's see what Gagne can do with a guy like Kopi or Williams putting the puck right on his tape. Would also like to see Gagne get some PP time. He's had Marty's number in the past during his Philly days, and I'd love to see him get a chance to snipe on the PP.

Old
06-10-2012, 03:49 AM
topliner967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
If Brown and Richards are injured to that degree, it'll be up to guys like Williams, Penner, Carter, Doughty and Quick to show up in the next 2 or the Kings won't win the Cup.
This is true. I think Quick has showed up all playoffs, despite making some mistakes that has led to goals (but that's going to happen, I mean, how many times has he allowed more than 2 goals these playoffs?). Stoll and Lewis have stepped up their games lately and are playing real good imo, they don't really have the greatest hands, but I wouldn't be suprised to see either of them getting a goal in game 6. Guys like Penner and Carter do need to have a strong game, and Doughty as well. Since Richards and Brown are likely hurt/injured, other players need to step up and lead the way. Hopefully Kopitar will feel better come Monday (if he's been ill).

Don't like the idea of a game 7, so please win game 6!

Old
06-10-2012, 04:04 AM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

I think it's better to either get rid of Gagne and put Richardson back or move Gagne to the third line with Stoll and King, then put Lewis on the 4th line.

We're missing that crashing 4th line. Crash isn't Gagne's game. Let him help spark the third line scoring where both Stoll and King can shoot the puck. Or if we still want some crash out of the 3rd line too, put Gagne on the second line, move Penner to the 3rd line...again Lewis to the 4th line.

Old
06-10-2012, 05:01 AM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

As soon as Williams hit the post I screamed because it was clear to me in the first. We will lose to the posts. And thats what happened. Clear as day in the first period. It was even more clear when quick went full ****** for the goal

Old
06-10-2012, 05:25 AM
kingsfan28
Its A Kingspiracy !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post

Richards has to be injured, maybe not as bad as Brown but he looks to be in his mid-season form. Just no excuse to be spoon fed two chances like that in the last minute and shooting both of them wide.

The Kings will not win a Stanley Cup if one or both of these guys dont show up in one of the final 2 games.
Yes he is, and mostly likely did something to aggravated it more after the hit he gave out at around the 4:15 mark in the 3rd. He skated off the ice slow, sort of favoring his left shoulder and sat at the far end of the bench for quite a while. If I remember, he also collided with Williams and went down hard on his shoulder too.

Old
06-10-2012, 05:52 AM
Nex06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post

Is this just you guessing or...? If that's just you guessing - I don't think anyone has been injured.

Brown simply lost his feeling, he is the same good ol' pre-trade deadline Brownie. Kopitar has been gassed because it's a two man line now and the Devils are doing a very good job at stopping him, with 2 men if necessary and Devils are always trying to be very physical against Kopitar. That tires anyone. Richards is just Richards. He has been 3rd line center for 80% of the season, so I don't understand why people are so shocked to see him being close to a non-factor throughout the playoffs.

I'll just go and say what people don't like to say. I blame Quick for this one. Sure, he made couple of great saves, but every NHL goalie is supposed to make couple of great saves, otherwise game scores would've been 8-5 most of the time. Goalies are however NOT supposed to be making mistakes like he did, directly leading to an empty net goal. He has been praised a lot this season so I don't understand why would it be forbidden to criticize him when he deserves it.

Before somebody jumps in (there are always few): yeah, I know that "forwards need to score more than one goal" but that goes both ways. Quick's gift forces Kings to score one extra goal and there are not many goals in this series. All games have been around the 1-1 score (Game 4 was 1-1 5 minutes before the end as well) and such an error completely kills the team's chances to win. This is not Philly-Pens 5-5 game, it's a 1-1 game.

Old
06-10-2012, 06:24 AM
Nex06

I would shuffle the lines for Game 6:

Penner - Kopitar - Williams
The new number one line, Kings have been without a dominant line for too long now.

Gagne - Richards - Carter
The Philly line, cut their minutes if necessary, making it a 3A line.

Brown - Stoll - Lewis
Increase their minutes above Richards line if they play well enough.

King - Fraser - Nolan
3C line, increase their minutes. Yes, the TOI increase will lower their output a bit, but they just need to play as well as Stoll and Richards lines. Edit: as well as Richards line at least, will not be hard.

After first period see who is having an off night again and put them on fourth line. I don't care if we end with fourth line of Brown - Richards - Gretzky.

This "roll 4 lines" has not been very successful for Kings lately. Devils are able to answer it and because all 4 lines are bad it's much easier for Devils. That's why I think it would be much better for Kings to play with 2 strong lines or even one dominant line and 3 third lines. I simply don't think that Devils are able to stop the old Kopitar-Brown-Williams line, no matter what they do. Since Brown is out (injury or not, doesn't matter at this point) it's time to put Penner there, he has been one of the best Kings players lately.

Last edited by Nex06: 06-10-2012 at 06:31 AM.
Old
06-10-2012, 06:55 AM
JustOneB4IDie
Everyone Overpayment

looks like from my perspective that whomever gets the lucky bounces/breaks will win this neverending 2012 Stanley Cup Finals.

Old
06-10-2012, 07:31 AM
dresi

Well, it's not like they were outplayed so I'm still confident they can finish it at home. But I have to admit, Brodeur is much much better goalie than Quick this series.

Old
06-10-2012, 07:54 AM
nocturn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
The downside to going up 3-0(although a team would take it anytime) is that in the back of their minds they knew they had 4 chances to win. 2 down 2 to go, although as many have said game 6 should be looked at as game 7. I just feel like the Kings don't handle pressure well at all.

Man, being a Kings fan is horrible for your health.
THIS!

My 10 year old Daughter said to me last night:

"Dont worry Dad. They're still THREE QUARTERS of the way to winning the cup and only HALF way to losing it! 3/4 is still GREATER THAN 1/2."

I was like "Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, right? RIIIIIIGHT!"

Old
06-10-2012, 08:09 AM
BigBrown
They did it again!

Had they been tied at 2-2 and the Kings won to send them 3-2 I'd have been extatic.

Old
06-10-2012, 08:19 AM
nocturn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
yeah. Its amazing that only new fans are excited by this ****. All the rest of us old fogies are just waiting for the other shoe to drop. I hate being a Kings fan sometimes.
Haha. Right.

If Ive learned one thing over the past 36 years its The LA Kings take a TON of hard work to be a fan of. They're a Job after my Job. If God sees that I make it to my 60's, Im going to have to retire from the job that is the LA Kings because THAT job will give me a heart attack.

The Kings Org should be paying me HazPay by now.

Closed Thread