HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Vandy RB shot and killed in Tampa

Closed Thread

Old
12-26-2004, 11:24 AM
Radulov for Czar*

vCash: 500
OT: Vandy RB shot and killed in Tampa

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=1953393

TAMPA, Fla. -- Vanderbilt running back Kwane Doster was shot to death early Sunday when someone fired at the parked car he was in, police said.

Doster, 21, of Tampa, died at Tampa General Hospital after being shot near the Ybor City nightlife district, police spokesman Joe Durkin said. Detectives were trying to find the killer and determine a motive.

It's a sad way to end the Christmas holiday. Kwane was a good kid, with a very bright future. RIP Kwane and RIP Reggie White, another great Tennessee player.

Old
12-26-2004, 11:59 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

I don't think their is a worse day for a tragic event to happen then a murder on christmas

Old
12-26-2004, 12:12 PM
handtrick

Reggie White was one of my favorite players of all time....RIP Reggie

Old
12-26-2004, 02:33 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
With Reggie...I have no doubt he is in heaven - so don't feel sorry for him, this is his glorifying day. As for his fam and friends - and the many people he has touched off the field, they will need prayers.

Old
12-26-2004, 02:40 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basher
With Reggie...I have no doubt he is in heaven - so don't feel sorry for him, this is his glorifying day. As for his fam and friends - and the many people he has touched off the field, they will need prayers.
Reggie is the biggest biggot in the world, to be a 'man of god' he sure did spout alot of hate towards gays and such

http://www.skeptictank.org/white.htm

Old
12-26-2004, 10:36 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven_Nation_Army
Reggie is the biggest biggot in the world, to be a 'man of god' he sure did spout alot of hate towards gays and such

http://www.skeptictank.org/white.htm

Biggest...I doubt it. Hate in the case of Reggie is probably in the eye of the beholder. I never saw his comments as hateful, not being tolerant for something (not someone, or a group - the thing) is not hateful in my eyes. But I don't want to get into it, because your response was loaded, I think. We'll leave it at the fact Reggie was a good football player, we'll agree on that.

Old
12-26-2004, 10:58 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basher
Biggest...I doubt it. Hate in the case of Reggie is probably in the eye of the beholder. I never saw his comments as hateful, not being tolerant for something (not someone, or a group - the thing) is not hateful in my eyes. But I don't want to get into it, because your response was loaded, I think. We'll leave it at the fact Reggie was a good football player, we'll agree on that.
I don't discount his play on the field...but off the field he was like a chameleon

Old
12-27-2004, 12:38 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Wow. That's terrible. Both Doster and White were so young.

Rest In Peace Kwane and Reggie.

Old
12-27-2004, 09:42 AM
Pred303

speaking of Reggie White,somewhere i once read that the average lifespan of 10 year+ veterans of the NFL was only 53 years old....a scary statistic

Old
12-27-2004, 02:30 PM
predperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303
speaking of Reggie White,somewhere i once read that the average lifespan of 10 year+ veterans of the NFL was only 53 years old....a scary statistic
I wonder why?? Because their bodies take such a beating?

Old
12-27-2004, 02:38 PM
Pred303

what i would guess predperson is a combination of steroids/drugs and being so drastically overweight on the average after their playing days are over....read somewhere that the average life expectancy of all NFL players(counting everyone that played so much as one game in the NFL) was only 56 or so...but even shorter for the 10 year + vets(53 i think)....strange,spooky stat if you ask me

Old
12-27-2004, 03:16 PM
predperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303
what i would guess predperson is a combination of steroids/drugs and being so drastically overweight on the average after their playing days are over....read somewhere that the average life expectancy of all NFL players(counting everyone that played so much as one game in the NFL) was only 56 or so...but even shorter for the 10 year + vets(53 i think)....strange,spooky stat if you ask me
That's simply appalling.....I guess the lure of big money makes them play but wow....not sure I would if I was told that.

Closed Thread