HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

mtl - cbj

Closed Thread

Old
06-11-2012, 12:43 AM
heathfilms*

vCash: 500
mtl - cbj

with rumors of Danny Kristo not resigning in montreal they need to think about trading him and get some assets to replace him

To Montreal

Mathieu Corbeil
Tomas Kubalik

To Columbus

Danny Kristo
4th Rounder

thoughts?

Old
06-11-2012, 12:57 AM
punk_o_holic

vCash: 50
Columbus didn't sign Mathieu Corbeil so I think he is re entering the draft. Not sure if there was a deadline on signing players that were eligible for the draft so not sure if Columbus still owns his rights or not.

If Columbus still owns the rights and Montreal could still sign him, I would just do a...

Corbeil
for
Kristo

Kristo might not sign with the Habs and Corbeil isn't wanted by the Jackets. Might as well swap then and see if those players have any luck with a contract with the new team.

I would rather hold onto Kubalik then get a 4th rounder for him.

Old
06-11-2012, 01:06 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by heathfilms View Post
with rumors of Danny Kristo not resigning in montreal they need to think about trading him and get some assets to replace him

To Montreal

Mathieu Corbeil
Tomas Kubalik

To Columbus

Danny Kristo
4th Rounder

thoughts?
Kristo is finishing his school. He's not becoming UFA. He'll sign with us next year.

Old
06-11-2012, 02:59 AM
UniverStalinGraduate*

I'm totally for a guy like Kristo finishing his degree. If next season rolls around and he still doesn't want to sign with the Habs, then the hell with him.

But I think he'll sign with the Habs whenever his season ends next year.

Old
06-11-2012, 06:11 AM
Jeffrey

Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Kristo is just living his dream (playing for the university of dakota) and he want to play all his years of eligibility.

He is a good friend with Leblanc and he never mentionned he would not sign for Montreal. I don't see the habs ever trading him (especially for crap like in the aforementioned proposal).

Old
06-11-2012, 07:48 AM
RC51

Quote:
Originally Posted by punk_o_holic View Post
Columbus didn't sign Mathieu Corbeil so I think he is re entering the draft. Not sure if there was a deadline on signing players that were eligible for the draft so not sure if Columbus still owns his rights or not.

If Columbus still owns the rights and Montreal could still sign him, I would just do a...

Corbeil
for
Kristo

Kristo might not sign with the Habs and Corbeil isn't wanted by the Jackets. Might as well swap then and see if those players have any luck with a contract with the new team.

I would rather hold onto Kubalik then get a 4th rounder for him.
"might not sign with the habs" ?/ WHAT? Well that's new to the Habs and it's news to Kristo. Where did you get this from?
Maybe I could invent stuff also. like Crosby may not want to re-sign with the Pens and wishes to play for MTl at a huge discount for 1 mil per year.

Old
06-11-2012, 08:36 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Yeah, there aren't any rumours of Kristo not signing, and the Jackets let Corbeil go, so let's go back to the drawing board on this one.
/thread

Closed Thread