HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Mixed Martial Arts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Mixed Martial Arts UFC, Bellator, HDNet Fights, WSOF, MFC, KOTC, One FC, and others

UFC 147: Silva vs Franklin II (Main card picks only)

Old
06-10-2012, 12:51 AM
End of Line
Human After All

vCash: 500
UFC 147: Silva vs Franklin II (Main card picks only)

Date: June 23, 2012
Venue: Estádio Jornalista Felipe Drumond
Time: 10pm ET/7pm PT
Viewing: PPV

Main Card:
Catchweight bout (190 lb): Wanderlei Silva vs Rich Franklin
Middleweight bout: Sergio Moraes vs Cezar Ferreira
Featherweight bout: Godofredo Pepey vs Rony Mariano Bezerra
Heavyweight bout: Fabricio Werdum vs Mike Russow
Featherweight bout: Yuri Alcantara vs Hacran Dias

Preliminary Card on FX:
Featherweight bout: Anistavio Medeiros vs Rodrigo Damm
Middleweight bout: Delson Heleno vs Francisco Drinaldo
Featherweight bout: John Teixeira vs Hugo Viana
Middleweight bout: Thiago Perpétuo vs Leonardo Mafra

Preliminary Card on Facebook:
Featherweight bout: Marcos Vinicius Borges Pancini vs Wagner Campos
Featherweight bout: Felipe Arantes vs Milton Vieira

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.

Last edited by End of Line: 06-18-2012 at 06:17 PM.
End of Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 08:47 AM
Captain_Cunney

Lol at a ppv card that is about 25% complete less than 2 weeks from the event. The N/A #s for this could be the worst in a long time.

They should have just postponed the brazil event like they did with the Montreal card. It would have been beneficial now, franklin /silva & werdum/russow could have went to the Calgary card. Instead we get an ok card and a terrible card.

Captain_Cunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 10:30 AM
DeathFromAbove

This should be the lowest PPV buyrate in UFC history. It's basically a test to see how much the UFC brand alone can sell without a single interesting fight on the card.

DeathFromAbove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 12:09 PM
m9
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
They would be better off taking the free card from the Friday night before w/Guida and Maynard and tossing Silva/Franklin on top of it. At least that would have some fight depth as opposed to this garbage.

m9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 09:03 AM
Jasper

Thank god 148 is coming up, barring any more injuries. This has so far been a pretty disappointing year in terms of fight cards imho.

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 10:31 AM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

They are honestly going to charge money for this?...Even live?

IkeaMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 10:32 AM
m9
HFBoards Sponsor

Can't wait for this card. Two former champs fighting in the main event at the always-exciting 190lb weight class. These guys are probably the top two in the division at 190. As Mike Goldberg will say at least 8 times, "The rematch we've all been waiting for!"

Then a guy who is undefeated in the UFC in the co-main despite having the physique of someone who should be in the co-main of a pizza-eating contest. If you can get through the first boring 10 minutes of one of his fights, then you may see a comeback of the year in the third round, or you might see another five minutes of something that is as entertaining as two folded blankets lying on top of each other in a pile of laundry.

Then of course we've got Random Brazilian #1 vs Random Brazilian #2, and also Random Brazilian #3 vs Random Brazilian #4. If you love TUF, we can do one better - Brazilians who either weren't good enough for regular TUF or who couldn't speak English well enough to get on TV!

Ugh.

Old
06-11-2012, 11:36 AM
DeathFromAbove

Quote:
Originally Posted by m9 View Post
Can't wait for this card. Two former champs fighting in the main event at the always-exciting 190lb weight class. These guys are probably the top two in the division at 190. As Mike Goldberg will say at least 8 times, "The rematch we've all been waiting for!"

Then a guy who is undefeated in the UFC in the co-main despite having the physique of someone who should be in the co-main of a pizza-eating contest. If you can get through the first boring 10 minutes of one of his fights, then you may see a comeback of the year in the third round, or you might see another five minutes of something that is as entertaining as two folded blankets lying on top of each other in a pile of laundry.

Then of course we've got Random Brazilian #1 vs Random Brazilian #2, and also Random Brazilian #3 vs Random Brazilian #4. If you love TUF, we can do one better - Brazilians who either weren't good enough for regular TUF or who couldn't speak English well enough to get on TV!

Ugh.
Is the UFC hiring? You could replace Rogan & Dana and bark at us at the end of the prelims to buy the PPV.

DeathFromAbove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 11:55 AM
m9
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathFromAbove View Post
Is the UFC hiring? You could replace Rogan & Dana and bark at us at the end of the prelims to buy the PPV.
My favorite thing about Rogan is when the PPV first starts. Goldberg does his long spiel, and Rogan just stands there looking at Goldberg with the oddest look I've ever seen on anyone's face. I swear every night its like Rogan has never seen a living person and his face just glows with an "Oh my god, what is this breathing and talking life form next to me".

Whatever drugs he's on to jump from his coked-up ramble with Dana White at 6:58 to his LSD-induced creepy stare at 7:03 must be really, really good.

So yes, that is why I couldn't replace Rogan. I couldn't replace Goldberg either and his ultra-specific spots. The "official corn snack of the UFC" is hilarious. Suck on that, popcorn, no room for you. Chips? Candy? Come on down! I'm sure we aren't far away from Harley Davidson being the "Official two-wheeled on-road vehicle of the UFC".

Its too bad that bag of ice spilled in the ring on Friday night, 15 days too early. Since we already have one rematch on this card in the main event, I think Joe Rogan vs the Spilled Bag of Ice II would've made a great co-main event.

I wonder how many posts in this thread it will go until someone actually wants to break down a fight?

Old
06-11-2012, 01:48 PM
ck26
Alcoholab User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
Thank god 148 is coming up, barring any more injuries. This has so far been a pretty disappointing year in terms of fight cards imho.
How quickly we forget ...

Junior dos Santos has defended his belt, and Ben Henderson took Frank Edgar's. Carlos Condit and Nick Diaz was interesting / controversial and will set up a sick title fight later this year, and I'm not referring to the Sonnen / Silva rematch. Korean Zombie beat Dustin Poirier in one of the most exciting fights I've seen in a long time. Lavar Johnson debuted as a new heavyweight wrecking machine but also lost via a pretty sick sub. Johnson and McCall have gone twice and been pretty damn entertaining both times. Dan Hardy's career has been revived (for better or worse) and Mayhem Miller's has been pretty well iced. Cain Velasquez is back and the world finally knows about Glover Teixeira.

Look back at the Japan card ... maybe it's just me, but that might have been the most stacked card ever ... at least since 100. There have been more shows this year, and whether that's better or worse in terms of diluting the brand and "the event" can be debated ... but it's not like there haven't been sick fights.

ck26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 08:23 AM
Captain_Cunney

After seeing what werdum did to Roy, the UFCs version of chief wiggum could be in line for a lengthy medical suspension. The fight makes as little sense today as it did the day it was announced.

Captain_Cunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 09:09 AM
m9
HFBoards Sponsor

The fight makes sense to me, I can see why they did it.

Old
06-12-2012, 05:34 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

So are they going to announce any more fights for this event?

I think UFC 140 (Jones/Machida in December) was the last PPV I didn't pay for and that was because I was busy studying for exams. I definitely won't be buying or going out to watch this one.

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 06:43 PM
End of Line
Human After All

Card is fully updated, and it's full of people no one has a clue about. I will not be watching this one.

Question, would anyone mind not counting this card towards the pick em?

Old
06-18-2012, 06:55 PM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

Awards:
Not watching prelims, will watch the main card solely for the main event. To call this terrible is a massive understatement.

Live in the Now is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 07:17 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
Not watching prelims, will watch the main card solely for the main event. To call this terrible is a massive understatement.
I'll watch for the main and co-main events but who here is actually going to pay for this card? Just curious....

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 09:09 PM
Peter Griffin

This card is definitely a trip to the bar for me.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 09:19 PM
m9
HFBoards Sponsor

If people want to just count the main card and not the prelims for pick-ems I am fully down. I usually have no problems picking unknown prelim guys but this is ridiculous.

Old
06-18-2012, 09:23 PM
m9
HFBoards Sponsor

Its pretty shameful the UFC didn't add a 3rd quality fight to the card. Wanderlei v Franklin, Werdum v Russow, and the TUF Brazil final fights are acceptable, I guess. But you need another main card fight, and the UFC has to realize this. Like if they threw on a mid-tier fight like Koscheck vs Diego Sanchez I would at least consider this trainwreck acceptable. Or, why would you not have had Kim vs Maia on this card? Just braindead, lazy moves by the UFC.

And if they want to give these TUF Brazil dudes a shot then great, put them all up vs low-tier guys currently in the UFC. Easy, quick way to cut some bottom-rung 'talent'.

Old
06-18-2012, 09:37 PM
Fanpuck33

I'm tempted to save a few bucks a only head out for the main event. Of course, if I do that, I have little doubt I'll be reading about how great the other fights are, haha.

Fanpuck33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 10:32 PM
KA BLAMO

vCash: 569
Think I'll be skipping this one.

KA BLAMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 03:46 AM
CNS
A World Alone

Wow. This card looks AWFUL on paper.

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 07:53 AM
I am the Liquor
Fire Mact

vCash: 1271
Quote:
Originally Posted by End of Line View Post
Card is fully updated, and it's full of people no one has a clue about. I will not be watching this one.

Question, would anyone mind not counting this card towards the pick em?
I wouldnt mind.

Dont even know who most of the fighters are.

It would be nothing more than a guessing game, which could be said for a lot of the undercards lately and was something I brought up in the pick em thread.

Keeping up with all the cards and picking ALL the fights is becoming more of a chore than something that was supposed to be fun.

Just my opinion man.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 08:28 AM
Killahpunk
Legend

vCash: 4000
I won't be watching this one. Terrible card for a PPV.

Killahpunk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2012, 11:10 AM
End of Line
Human After All

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
I wouldnt mind.

Dont even know who most of the fighters are.

It would be nothing more than a guessing game, which could be said for a lot of the undercards lately and was something I brought up in the pick em thread.

Keeping up with all the cards and picking ALL the fights is becoming more of a chore than something that was supposed to be fun.

Just my opinion man.
I agree. I'll make a poll to see if everyone wants to count it or scrap it.