HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Laraque wants to come back, would prefer Edmonton

Old
07-12-2012, 11:10 AM
cheesed-off*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Matter View Post
Because his name is Georges, not George...
Not sure if serious...

cheesed-off* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 11:12 AM
Vagabond

vCash: 596
Send a message via MSN to Vagabond
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesed-off View Post
I can kind of smell what Laraque is cooking...

Btw why does everyone call him Georges? There's only one of him (i.e. George_) !
Fighting Laraque is like fighting miltiple George's.

His name actually is Georges tho.

Vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 11:25 AM
Gus Schmidt

Georges is the french version of the english name George. In spanish it is Jorge. Seriously!

Gus Schmidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 11:31 AM
cheesed-off*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus Schmidt View Post
Georges is the french version of the english name George. In spanish it is Jorge. Seriously!
Judging from your name, you're German right?

Well, would it not be prudent for me to listen to a real French and Spanish guy (respectively) on these matters?

No offense my friend - if I have any questions on Dennis Seidenberg or Dany Heatley, you're the first guy I'm gonna ask...

Btw, what's your explanation for Josh Gorges?

cheesed-off* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 11:33 AM
Grod
The New Era Lives On

I'm pretty sure the Georges comment was sarcasm folks.

After all, GSP does have the same first name.

Grod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 12:00 PM
Master Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsnTpoint View Post
Not sure how serious Laraque Is, but it sure would of have been nice to have him just grab Sarich or Kronwall and pummel them.
If he is not afraid of suspensions and holding up turtles while he feeds them, then I'm all for it.
He seems smart enough to only do this on coach's command.
You know Laraques is 35 years old right?

He wasn't that great a player when he was 25. He hasn't gotten better with age. Two years ago, the Canadiens didn't want him back on the ice and bought him out before the end of the season. Two years away from the speed of the game, I don't imagine he has gotten any better and probably a good deal worse.

For those of you who think he could be good - wake up and realize its 2012, not 2002.

For those you who listened to him on the radio saying he would do whatever it took - he's more talk than action now. That's his job - he's a media personality.

If he was actually serious about playing professional hockey, he should start up in the ECHL or AHL and play his way back up. Calling for an invite to an NHL level team is just asking for more twitter followers. It's not a serious attempt.

Master Lok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 12:03 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 3251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Lok View Post
You know Laraques is 35 years old right?

He wasn't that great a player when he was 25. He hasn't gotten better with age. Two years ago, the Canadiens didn't want him back on the ice and bought him out before the end of the season. Two years away from the speed of the game, I don't imagine he has gotten any better and probably a good deal worse.

For those of you who think he could be good - wake up and realize its 2012, not 2002.

For those you who listened to him on the radio saying he would do whatever it took - he's more talk than action now. That's his job - he's a media personality.

If he was actually serious about playing professional hockey, he should start up in the ECHL or AHL and play his way back up. Calling for an invite to an NHL level team is just asking for more twitter followers. It's not a serious attempt.
I think part of the problem Laraque faced was his lifestyle. Rumor had it people were getting sick of his good samitiran crap and was really pushing the vegan lifestyle.

Then again maybe he just had a deal with payless shoes and selling their non-leather shoes.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 12:06 PM
Master Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
I think part of the problem Laraque faced was his lifestyle. Rumor had it people were getting sick of his good samitiran crap and was really pushing the vegan lifestyle.
Montreal Canadiens' problem with Georges Laraque was that he had constantly injured and he was just plain a bad hockey player and a lousy enforcer. That's why he was bought out.

Its not that anyone expects enforcers to be decent hockey players, and Georges wasn't even that by the end of his term there.

Master Lok is offline   Reply With Quote