HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Predators make one of top sports stories in TN for 2004

Closed Thread

Old
12-26-2004, 12:49 PM
predperson

vCash: 500
Predators make one of top sports stories in TN for 2004

Here is a list of the top sports stories in 2004 in Tennessee, as compiled by The Associated Press and member newspapers and broadcast stations.

#4: Nashville Predators clinch first NHL playoff berth and take Detroit to six games before losing in first round.

To read more:

http://www.whnt19.com/Global/story.asp?S=2733439

Old
12-26-2004, 01:04 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

in some ways,i think the preds are more popular down in huntsville than in nashville, sadly. i used to always see tons of preds gear on people down there.

Old
12-26-2004, 01:48 PM
predperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
in some ways,i think the preds are more popular down in huntsville than in nashville, sadly. i used to always see tons of preds gear on people down there.
I don't know about that....really, if you will just go around this town (Nashville) and look at the number of Predator stickers on cars, it's remarkable. I just wish they would all show up at the games.

Old
01-01-2005, 07:19 AM
predperson

SportsLine.com's Top 20 NHL stories of the Year:

Quote:
8. Postseason for the Preds: Nashville played its sixth NHL season last year and had the lowest payroll in the league and one of its weakest attendance totals, but allowed nothing to stand in its drive a debut playoff appearance. After a sputtering start, the Predators hit stride in late November and remained remarkably consistent for a team built largely with castoffs and hopefuls. A strong season by goaltender Tomas Vokoun was critical, but Nashville's work ethic and refusal to be intimidated by more talented teams played big dividends and nearly led the Predators to an upset victory over the Red Wings in the first round of the playoffs.
http://www.sportsbusinessnews.com/in...story_id=42744

Closed Thread