HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Free Agent Targets

Old
06-11-2012, 12:40 PM
MagicSlap*

vCash: 500
Jackman and Allen are both tough to play against, both log a ton of PK minutes, both are defense first guys and both are good along the boards. Both can log at least 20 minutes a night, easing the pressure of Keith and Seabrook. Jackman is prone to turnovers but his primary job won't be to make those outlet passes so he'd be fine. I don't care if they're overpaid because they're exactly what we need and we have the space.

Slater and Gaustad are both guys who win faceoffs, play solid defense, hit, PK and can chip in offensively at times. Who cares if they're overpaid? Again, we have the space, why not use it? Konopka is a solid 4th liner who will stand up for guys, he'd be my last choice of those listed though. How can this team have better center depth than: Toews, Bolland, Gaustad and Slater next year? I'll listen to your thoughts.

MagicSlap* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 03:08 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Bring in a guy like Plekanec, Krejci, Stastny, JStaal or Pavelski. Dubinsky would be possible too.

this would actually solve this problem

Bubba88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 03:28 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
If we bring in either of Jackman/Allen and play them twenty minutes a night, we're in for a world of hurt.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 04:18 PM
MagicSlap*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
Bring in a guy like Plekanec, Krejci, Stastny, JStaal or Pavelski. Dubinsky would be possible too.

this would actually solve this problem
Ok and realistically how do you plan to bring those guys in?

Also, to Disgruntled, those two are perfectly capable of playing 20 minutes a night. Just because they don't set the world on fire doesn't mean they're bad players. Both will occasionally make a mental error or two but they will do far more for this team than bad.

Old
06-11-2012, 05:17 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
#1 Parise
#2 Hudler
#3 Whitney
#4 Semin (for the right price and like the Caps did it, only shortterm)
#5 Smyth
Semin is a horrible fit for the Hawks right now. Notorious floater with a high price tag. 54 points in the regular season and a -4 in the playoffs. No thanks. Hawks wouldn't even be able to sign him without moving someone.

HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 07:07 PM
Marotte Marauder

In no particular order or position:

Hudler-Hossa- Kane

VS-Toews-Sharp

Bickel-Bolland-Shaw

Carcillo- Slater-Burish

Add Jackman on D.

Kruger-Saad-Hayes in Rockford to start the season

Team adds speed, grit, scoring and a good D man.

Can we afford it? If not, who gets moved, besides Frolik?

Marotte Marauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 07:17 PM
WarriorofTime

I think Jackman only looked good this year because of the Hitchcock effect. I never thought much of him in prior years.

WarriorofTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 09:05 PM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
People do have a boner for Slater. I'd love Burish just for bringing some life back to our lockerroom.

brtriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 12:34 AM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by brtriad View Post
People do have a boner for Slater. I'd love Burish just for bringing some life back to our lockerroom.
why do we need Burish when we already have Carcillo and Mayers? How many minor aggitators that dont fight any heavyweights do we need?

I have a big boner for Slater, exactly what the team needs...responsible in his own end, good on faces, good pk'er, and has decent hands that can contribute 15 goals per year with some talent.. where is there any downside in a guy that is barely 30 years old? he isnt anywhere near Brendan Morisson who played far too much for this team this year.

Slater as the #3 center is perfect for me....move Bolland up to #2 as we likely wont get a #2

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 12:44 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream;50811385[B
]why do we need Burish when we already have Carcillo and Mayers? [/B] How many minor aggitators that dont fight any heavyweights do we need?

I have a big boner for Slater, exactly what the team needs...responsible in his own end, good on faces, good pk'er, and has decent hands that can contribute 15 goals per year with some talent.. where is there any downside in a guy that is barely 30 years old? he isnt anywhere near Brendan Morisson who played far too much for this team this year.

Slater as the #3 center is perfect for me....move Bolland up to #2 as we likely wont get a #2
Yes, I agree. I'm not looking to get Burish back. I'm also not thrilled with them bringing back Carcillo (although, apparently the team is happy so who am i to judge?). I understand the role of agitators ... but what kills me is when you get those who cross the line from being a pest and start becoming someone who takes stupid penalties, engages in cheap shots (that result in stupid penalties), and does dirty hits (that result in suspensions). that's one of the reasons i'm no fan of carcillo...b/c i think he does more damage than he helps the team...

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 05:35 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicSlap View Post
Ok and realistically how do you plan to bring those guys in?
I'd start with Stalberg/Hjalmarsson + #18 overall and would build around that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
why do we need Burish when we already have Carcillo and Mayers? How many minor aggitators that dont fight any heavyweights do we need?

Slater as #3 Center? I don't even see a big need for him on the 4th line...

Old
06-12-2012, 06:20 AM
Marotte Marauder

Jackman, Burish and a healthy Carcillo give the Hawks a sorely missed bit of snarl.

Marotte Marauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 10:28 AM
T0ny0

fill the lower depth spots with young players who have something to prove, or are wiilling to crash and bang to be a part of the "show".

I don't see UFA helping us unless its Parise...

UFA won't be that big of a deal for us this time around and i'd be looking at a deal to switch things up.

T0ny0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 10:57 AM
MagicSlap*

Quote:
I'd start with Stalberg/Hjalmarsson + #18 overall and would build around that.

Slater as #3 Center? I don't even see a big need for him on the 4th line...
So then who plays on our second pairing if we tade away our only second pairing caliber player?

Old
06-12-2012, 11:05 AM
ChiHawk21

I really think we get burish back this year as our 4th line center

Sharp-Toews-Stalberg
Carcillo-Kane-Hossa
Bickell-Bolland-Shaw
Frolik-Burish-Mayers

please send kruger to the minors to start the year

ChiHawk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 11:08 AM
TwistedWrister90

i just posted this in the other thread, but what about steve sullivan for the third line. his cap hit was $1.5m last year with pittsburgh so he wouldn't cost much. put up 21 points on the PP as well

sullivan/bolland/shaw

would be a good line

TwistedWrister90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 01:57 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicSlap View Post
So then who plays on our second pairing if we tade away our only second pairing caliber player?
Oduya - Leddy
Olsen - Montador

If we would get Pavelski for it, it would be worth it
Quote:
Originally Posted by nds90 View Post
i just posted this in the other thread, but what about steve sullivan for the third line. his cap hit was $1.5m last year with pittsburgh so he wouldn't cost much. put up 21 points on the PP as well

sullivan/bolland/shaw

would be a good line
injury concerns wouldn't be a problem too. Would open a spot for a young guy to show what he can.

Old
06-12-2012, 02:02 PM
MagicSlap*

Quote:
Oduya - Leddy
Olsen - Montador

If we would get Pavelski for it, it would be worth it

injury concerns wouldn't be a problem too. Would open a spot for a young guy to show what he can.
Oduya-Leddy as a 2nd pairing, oh god. What if Montador doesn't come back helathy? Ugh that is just too awful to think about.

Old
06-12-2012, 02:06 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

can always find depth D in Free Agency. This will not be a problem as long as Stan uses his brain this time for a player that will fit our style while being physical. In other words SOD came 3 years too late

Old
06-12-2012, 02:15 PM
MagicSlap*

The problem is you'd have to sign two guys to play the 2nd pairing cause we'd have 0...

Old
06-12-2012, 02:18 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Leddy is fine...

Oduya gets paid for that role and he has had that role in his career. I like Nik, but I expect him to get traded

Old
06-12-2012, 02:21 PM
MagicSlap*

Leddy is most definitely not fine as a 2nd pairing player.

Oduya isn't either, especially in the playoffs, that pairing would get destroyed.

Leddy should get 3rd pairing minutes with a physical guy and play on the PP. Oduya should be gone to FA.

I really don't know if you understand how important actually playing defense is.

Old
06-12-2012, 02:26 PM
ndgt10

Leddy and Oduya on the 2nd pairing = LMAO

ndgt10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 03:08 PM
Hawksfan2828

Quote:
who? Who are these great SAH guys available? Who are those great depth Centers. I give you McClement... other than that, there isn't much that improves us. This years UFA sucks for a team like us. Parise is the guy we need. Other than that, Hudler or Whitney would be solid 0.5+ ppg Wingers that won't get that much money
What about Steve Sullivan? he put up .62 ppg last season. He wouldn't be that expensive either, not to mention his style of play fits in perfect with the Hawks. It would be like having an older version of Patrick Sharp.

Hawksfan2828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 03:14 PM
Hawksfan2828

Trade Monty, Hammer and Frolik and sign Suter, Parise and Sullivan. Then go out and grab an affordable bottom paring D-man, or even let the younger kids in the system compete for the job.

The Hawks would be an instant contender if that happened - certainly a favorite.

Rumor has it Parise has interest in the Hawks and I wouldn't be shocked if Suter did either considering hes a Wisconsin product and his uncle played here for several years. Not to mention both know if they signed here this team would be a powerhouse.

How are you going to lose with the likes of Toews, Kane, Parise, Sharp, Hossa, Kieth, Seabrook, Suter etc??

Hawksfan2828 is offline   Reply With Quote