HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

JVR Surgery Discussion (update post #356: No hip surgery for JVR, Holmgren confirms)

Old
06-10-2012, 11:17 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

vCash: 500
JVR Surgery Discussion (update post #356: No hip surgery for JVR, Holmgren confirms)

Eskin just broke the report. Not sure where the link to it is though. Been getting some talk on Twitter right now.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mod edit:

http://twitter.com/#!/howardeskin

Quote:
To continue Flyers like Rick Nash and a "possible" trade really can't happen until JVR is 100 percent. JVR delaying surgery on torn Labrum
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-phil...3782206258-711

Quote:
According to a report, a possible Flyers trade for Columbus Blue Jacket Rick Nash is being held up by James van Riemsdyk's decision to delay a necessary surgery.

NBC Philadelphia's Howard Eskin tweeted that van Riemsdyk is delaying surgery on a torn labrum, which is holding up a possible trade for Nash.

The surgery is a rather routine one, but by not being 100 percent, van Riemsdyk is delaying any possible move, according to Eskin.

Columbus has been shopping Nash since to trade deadline, ProHockeyTalk reminds us. The rumored interest in Nash from the Flyers is nothing new, either. The Blue Jackets and Flyers, of course, were able to work a deal last off-season for Jeff Carter.

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 06-15-2012 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Added links in the first post
ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 11:22 PM
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?

Just saw this.

Nash is in the rumor too.

Oh lawd.

Roo Mad Bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 11:27 PM
RussianRocket10

We don't need Nash. We need defense. Hopefully Paul doesn't make a dumb move.

RussianRocket10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 11:28 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

vCash: 50
Strange things are afoot at the Circle K

06-10-2012, 11:33 PM
JABEE

Eskin also broke the biggest news of the off season last year and no one believed him.

Howard Eskin of 610 WIP: Front Office Open to Trading Richards or Carter

June 11 on that rumor too. Prepare for a crazy off season of moves.

JABEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 11:37 PM
DeflatedFootball7

If true, ******* move.

Last edited by SnS: 06-10-2012 at 11:43 PM. Reason: Don't circumvent the filter.
DeflatedFootball7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 11:41 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

more reasons to hate JVR based on a unconfirmed internet rumor.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 11:45 PM
Broad Street Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeflatedFootball7 View Post
If true, ******* move.
I don't know... if I were told "hurry up so we can ship you to Columbus", I might not rush to get the surgery either.

That said, I hope he holds this up cause I really think trading for Nash would be a waste of assets. For what it takes to get Nash, how much do you need to add to get Weber? Another first? and Mez? Much rather that than acquire another forward and pray that our defense suddenly turns it around.

Last edited by SnS: 06-10-2012 at 11:50 PM. Reason: fixing quote.
Broad Street Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 11:48 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

im not buying this so called internet rumor. if he hasnt had surgery yet this deal wont happen in the offseason anyway IMO. which is good because I dont want Nash on this team. let someone else overpay for his services.

Old
06-10-2012, 11:49 PM
JABEE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
I don't know... if I were told "hurry up so we can ship you to Columbus", I might not rush to get the surgery either.

That said, I hope he holds this up cause I really think trading for Nash would be a waste of assets. For what it takes to get Nash, how much do you need to add to get Weber? Another first? and Mez? Much rather that than acquire another forward and pray that our defense suddenly turns it around.
He probably doesn't want to get Carter'd after signing a long term deal last off season.

Old
06-10-2012, 11:51 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
im not buying this so called internet rumor. if he hasnt had surgery yet this deal wont happen in the offseason anyway IMO. which is good because I dont want Nash on this team. let someone else overpay for his services.
I only believe it because Eskin has excellent sources with in the Flyers organization. Carter/Richards trades, Also believe he called Bryz trade too. Columbus would hold up on a trade to see if the surgery goes as it's supposed to. We all know anything can happen when someone goes under the knife. They would want confirmation on a successful surgery and likely a rehab time table. Just my take of course

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 11:51 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Quote:
Just like you didn't buy into Eskin's "Richards AND Carter are likely getting traded" rumor?....

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 11:52 PM
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener

Quote:
im not buying this so called internet rumor.
It isn't just an internet rumor. Eskin went on record with it on NBC an hour ago.

SeanCWombBroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 11:52 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post

The reason I think nobody will talk about trying to trade for Weber is because he seems to be off limits. They have no intention of trading him. That's my take. Improve the team in other facets if you can add the D-man they need.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 11:54 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

I highly doubt Weber is moved and even is let out of Nashville even if he gets offer-sheeted. Then again, I don't think anyone will go that high to give him an offer sheet.

Props to Nemesis for the signature and avatar.
SnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 11:58 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Eskin has claimed things would happen in the past and they did not. Just because he said something about Richards and Carter last year doesn't mean that he's right 100% of the time.

I'm tired of people in this city trying to run JVR out of town.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Hollywood Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2012, 11:59 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
Eskin has claimed things would happen in the past and they did not. Just because he said something about Richards and Carter last year doesn't mean that he's right 100% of the time.

The thing is the Nash thing has been having smoke and legs from during the season. It's something to visit/talk/chat about on here.

It's not really running him out of town. It's more so knowing him as our trade bait.

SnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 12:08 AM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post

I'm with you, and I've always wanted to stick with him....but this doesn't make him look good. Does he think he will stay a Flyer forever if he doesn't fix his labrum? It's very immature.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 12:09 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Quote:
Originally Posted by PycckuuRocket10 View Post
Just like you didn't buy into Eskin's "Richards AND Carter are likely getting traded" rumor?....
he got one right. good for him.

Old
tuckrr

How would we afford this? With jagr and carle back + nash, do we have ANY space?

tuckrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Haute Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
I only believe it because Eskin has excellent sources with in the Flyers organization. Carter/Richards trades, Also believe he called Bryz trade too. Columbus would hold up on a trade to see if the surgery goes as it's supposed to. We all know anything can happen when someone goes under the knife. They would want confirmation on a successful surgery and likely a rehab time table. Just my take of course
Last year Eskin claimed the Flyers exaggerated Richards injury to excuse his playoff performance. It turns out he was wrong and Richards needed surgery. Eskin isn't always right and I certainly don't trust him when it comes to these type of accusations.

Haute Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 12:10 AM
JABEE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0otnSc0re View Post
The thing is the Nash thing has been having smoke and legs from during the season. It's something to visit/talk/chat about on here.

It's not really running him out of town. It's more so knowing him as our trade bait.
Howson being in the press box talking to Holmgren at the deadline shows he had the willingness to trade Nash for someone on the team. I'd guess that something was close when Howson was in Philadelphia and Holmgren is probably willing to revisit it now.

If Howson is still the one making this trade, I have no doubt Philadelphia will win it.

Old
06-11-2012, 12:14 AM
Hollywood Couturier

I have no idea what Eskin said on TV but if you look at his tweets it doesn't say that he is avoiding surgery so Holmgren can't trade him. All he is saying is that JVR is delaying having his surgery and it could be holding up a trade. Nowhere does he directly say that he is delaying his surgery so he doesn't get traded.

Hollywood Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 12:14 AM
RevUpThoseGolfCarts
Experts at losing

If JVR really is avoiding surgery for his own personal reasons then he needs to get the **** out of here. Such a ***** move...

I was actually feeling sorry for the guy too.

RevUpThoseGolfCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 12:18 AM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckrr View Post
How would we afford this? With jagr and carle back + nash, do we have ANY space?
People were calculating ways for us to sign Parise, Suter, and a 4th line center. So signing Carle cheaper than Suter, Jagr to the rest of Suter's proposed salary, and adding Nash in Parise's "spot" while subtracting the traded players' contracts (JvR + Mez + Bob = more than $9m/y?)

In other words...yes we should be able to. Cap is skyrocketing, bonus cushion may be back in effect.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote