HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chris Kunitz

Old
06-13-2012, 06:03 PM
Elvs

vCash: 708
Chris Kunitz

I was going to make a video after he signed the extension, but it took me until now... Anyways, hope you'll like it (many goals on Philly, so that should help).

Underrated player, congrats on having him for at least another couple of years, he's the kind who helps you win championships. We miss him in Anaheim

Elvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 06:08 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

vCash: 500
Thanks for the video. Hard not to like Kunitz.

Captain Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 06:12 PM
Til the End of Time

i was hoping to get some kunitz discussion going this offseason.

i love the guy, but man he was terrible this postseason. consistently stupid penalties, over and over again. everytime the penguins would get some momentum and appear to be poised to make it a game, kunitz would take a dumb penalty and then fleury would allow a PP goal.

i also recall him being terrible against the habs two seasons ago.

he needs to wake up. the pens count on him to up the physicality (a la his timonen hit in the cup year) when spring rolls around, but not play like a moron.

Til the End of Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 06:15 PM
Til the End of Time

nice video, btw. i did not mean to hijack your thread.

Til the End of Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 06:20 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

I thought some of the calls against him were very ticky-tac though. He had 4 penalties in the series and 3 of them in one game that got out of hand.

Captain Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 06:23 PM
Elvs

Hehe, I just made one because I didn't know where to put it. Honestly, I didn't see many games aside from the Ducks this season until the playoffs started. Saw a couple of games in the Pens-Flyers series, and iirc I reacted to a couple of bad penalties from him there.

Anyways, since coming to Pittsburgh he's finally getting some recognition around the league. Clueless people didn't even see him as a legit top six forward back 3-4 years ago. Overall he's probably not underrated on HF anymore, but I still think he's underrated on here in terms of skill and passing ability.

Old
06-13-2012, 06:27 PM
Antaris
Totally Trustworthy

Great video. I agree with that the calls against Kunitz were borderline, to say the best.

I've always liked Das Koon, i hope he sticks around. He's great at what he does.

Antaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 06:46 PM
Mama Malkin

Really cool video. I don't think he had a great postseason but he didn't play like a moron either. Some of the penalties were pretty weak. In any case he is definitely a huge part of the team.

Mama Malkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 07:03 PM
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!

Thanks for making that. Very well done.

Hope you don't mind us making that our official video for him for the GDT's?

Kunitz has a shelf life here, hopefully he can make the best of the rest of his time here.

AAA+ on the video.

Ugene Malkin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 09:35 PM
Skillzz
Registered Boozer

Love the video. I remember when Kunitz was traded here; he scored in his first game with the Pens, a road game against Chicago, and I remember thinking "I am really going to like this guy." And to this day, he is still one of my favorite players. I know he didn't have a great playoff, but I still think he is a great fit for this team. He can play with pretty much anybody; he showed great chemistry with Geno this past year and Sid before that, he can also play with Staal as well. I just really like the way he plays; he can crush you, but he also has a good amount of skill. I hope he sticks around for a while.

Skillzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2012, 10:43 PM
Pigs On The Wing

I'm glad we have Kunitz locked up for another few years. Every year he'll give you 20+ goals and a hard-hitting physical presence, as well as having chemistry with any line you put him on. Those goalie interference calls can get frustrating though.

Pigs On The Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 06:41 AM
Elvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugene Malkin View Post
Thanks for making that. Very well done.

Hope you don't mind us making that our official video for him for the GDT's?

Kunitz has a shelf life here, hopefully he can make the best of the rest of his time here.

AAA+ on the video.
What does that mean, do you have a video for each player that you post everytime he scores? Anyways, I defenitely don't mind

And thanks for the positive feedback everyone!

Old
06-14-2012, 07:13 AM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Ogrezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 10:39 AM
mpp9

He plays the game the right way, that's for sure. Great complementary piece who's proven he can play with all three of our centers. Great contract as well.

I do worry his lack of size and age will catch up to him soon with his style of play.

I think he plays his best hockey with Staal. Not relied upon as much physically and has just as much chemistry with him as he does Sid.

mpp9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 11:15 AM
Kunitziwa

Send a message via AIM to Kunitziwa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Til the End of Time View Post

i love the guy, but man he was terrible this postseason. consistently stupid penalties, over and over again. everytime the penguins would get some momentum and appear to be poised to make it a game, kunitz would take a dumb penalty and then fleury would allow a PP goal.

he needs to wake up. the pens count on him to up the physicality (a la his timonen hit in the cup year) when spring rolls around, but not play like a moron.
Also to be fair a majority of the team was taking stupid penalties. Except for Cooke ironically enough.

Kunitziwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 11:50 AM
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens

Great stuff on the video

Love Koon

Le Magnifique 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 11:52 AM
kahlon66

what was the supposedly rumored deal of Kunitz plus for Brown? that LA proposed

kahlon66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 10:10 PM
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvstrand View Post
What does that mean, do you have a video for each player that you post everytime he scores? Anyways, I defenitely don't mind

And thanks for the positive feedback everyone!
No, but we have snippets (gifs/pics/videos/music) we all use throughout the season for particular players. This is just really nicely put together and I wouldn't hesitate to use it when he does something particularly good or needs a gesture to get back on track.

YAVW.

Old
06-14-2012, 11:07 PM
Honour Over Glory

Been a fan of his since he was a Duck, I wish this team had another Kunitz, he's the type of winger the team needs more of. Of course, when he's on his game, otherwise he can disappear but not entirely, at least he's a solid enough 2-way player that is pretty physical no matter what.

I don't fault him for the playoffs, it was a gong show of stupidity all across the board.

Honour Over Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2012, 11:16 PM
mgd525

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honour Over Glory View Post
Been a fan of his since he was a Duck, I wish this team had another Kunitz, he's the type of winger the team needs more of. Of course, when he's on his game, otherwise he can disappear but not entirely, at least he's a solid enough 2-way player that is pretty physical no matter what.

I don't fault him for the playoffs, it was a gong show of stupidity all across the board.
i agree with you. 9 out of 10 times i want Kunitz on my team in the playoffs.

mgd525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 08:41 AM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Til the End of Time View Post

Kunitz did take some really poorly-timed penalties, not just in the post-season, but during the regular season as well. That said, and there's really nothing he can do to control this, he seemed like a marked man at times. Thought a lot of his disallowed goals were 50/50 calls (at best/worst?).

IcedCapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 11:07 AM
Kunitziwa

Send a message via AIM to Kunitziwa
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
Kunitz did take some really poorly-timed penalties, not just in the post-season, but during the regular season as well. That said, and there's really nothing he can do to control this, he seemed like a marked man at times. Thought a lot of his disallowed goals were 50/50 calls (at best/worst?).
Definately agree with the last part. There were a few goals I knew were going to be called back right away, but there were also a few I thought were petty reputation calls. I want to say we had 7-9 goals called back througout the season because of him.

Kunitziwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 07:47 AM
Happy Penguin

Absolutely love what Kunitz brings to the team. Not going to hang any post season blame on him. I blame our complete defensive collapse and those top paid defensemen for that. I liked the video!

Happy Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2012, 11:22 AM
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!

Yes. When he brings his "A" game, and I value Kunitz as our older Dustin Brown. They sure play similar games.

Old
06-18-2012, 07:53 PM
Honour Over Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugene Malkin View Post
Yes. When he brings his "A" game, and I value Kunitz as our older Dustin Brown. They sure play similar games.
Kunitz doesn't have pics of his "dong" on the internet nor does he jump up when making hits. I like Kunitz more than Brown because he has some honor to his game, he plays the game on the edge but rarely if ever, goes past the line.

Honour Over Glory is offline   Reply With Quote