HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Unofficial Rumor & Proposal Thread Part VII: Where 18% wins everytime

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-14-2012, 02:36 PM
  #351
OilerTyler
Fire Lowe
 
OilerTyler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,658
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Chris Stewart 1 year 3mil as per Pronger's buddy.

I question if this is just a way to deal him or what.
Sounds to me like St Louis is giving him a year to prove himself.

I don't think he will be traded.

OilerTyler is offline  
Old
06-14-2012, 03:31 PM
  #352
The Bored Man
#94
 
The Bored Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,381
vCash: 537
I propose to add "Schenn + fifth" and its variations to HF's profanity filter.

The Bored Man is offline  
Old
06-14-2012, 03:41 PM
  #353
Jimmi Jenkins
Tastes like Chicken
 
Jimmi Jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,165
vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredMan View Post
I propose to add "Schenn + fifth" and its variations to HF's profanity filter.
Hasn't "Schenn and 5th" become the new Halak+?

Jimmi Jenkins is online now  
Old
06-14-2012, 04:49 PM
  #354
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 24,756
vCash: 688
Never put too much stock into Suter to Edmonton, but at least for once he is not saying East Only. Rumors such he won't leave the West.

joestevens29 is offline  
Old
06-14-2012, 04:50 PM
  #355
Jimmi Jenkins
Tastes like Chicken
 
Jimmi Jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,165
vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Never put too much stock into Suter to Edmonton, but at least for once he is not saying East Only. Rumors such he won't leave the West.
That make things pretty interesting. Wouldn't that be a major coup, getting Suter.

Jimmi Jenkins is online now  
Old
06-14-2012, 04:52 PM
  #356
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 24,756
vCash: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
That make things pretty interesting. Wouldn't that be a major coup, getting Suter.
Yep. Draft Murray, sign Schultz and Suter.

God dammit we have too many d-men now

joestevens29 is offline  
Old
06-14-2012, 04:55 PM
  #357
Jimmi Jenkins
Tastes like Chicken
 
Jimmi Jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,165
vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Yep. Draft Murray, sign Schultz and Suter.

God dammit we have too many d-men now

Jimmi Jenkins is online now  
Old
06-14-2012, 06:21 PM
  #358
DousedInOil
Registered User
 
DousedInOil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Katy <3
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,360
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
1. Deal dies as soon as Horcoff get put on the second line.(no one thinks Grigs is NHL ready)
2. Nino Niederreiter(and Ryan Johansen) are the most overrated picks in 2010 coming from a ridiculously stacked Portland team that included Ross, Rattie, Morrow, Sbisa, ect
3. Okposo would be nice, but Yakupov should be much better

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Paajarvi-Gagner-Yakupov
Hartikainen-Horcoff-Hemsky

If we could package up Gagner+ for a densive upgrade and sign O.Jokinen on a 2 year deal I'd be happy having him as the 2nd C.

It never works out for the team that trades the 1st overall....ask Rick Dudley who did it 3 times
Just because it hasnt worked out in the past doesn't mean it can't in the future.

1. Who cares if Horcoff is the #2 center for 1 year. Grigorenko is a huge upgrade over Gagner.

2. How can you say niño is overrated when he's still young and hasnt exactly been handled very well. Even If he has to play in the AHL for a year it would be a great addition.

3. Okoposo brings that size and grit into the lineup. Between PRV, Niño, Okoposo and Grigorenko we add some much needed size.

DousedInOil is offline  
Old
06-14-2012, 09:26 PM
  #359
Loweryder
Registered User
 
Loweryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 39
vCash: 500
On a slightly less serious note, I've just been curious about this for a while. Would we consider swapping Eager straight up with Steve Bernier? I know Bernier is a free agent this summer, but let's pretend he isn't. I think they are fairly comparable players... would this be in our best interest? Would the devils risk breaking up their productive 4th line to appease their temporarily upset fanbase (I don't think it would be a good move but could they do it)?

Loweryder is offline  
Old
06-14-2012, 09:29 PM
  #360
AK Dandyman
Registered User
 
AK Dandyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,032
vCash: 500
Not a fan of Steve Bernier at all.

AK Dandyman is offline  
Old
06-14-2012, 09:31 PM
  #361
dixs35
Registered User
 
dixs35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: E-town
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,456
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by DousedInOil View Post
Just because it hasnt worked out in the past doesn't mean it can't in the future.

1. Who cares if Horcoff is the #2 center for 1 year. Grigorenko is a huge upgrade over Gagner.

2. How can you say niño is overrated when he's still young and hasnt exactly been handled very well. Even If he has to play in the AHL for a year it would be a great addition.

3. Okoposo brings that size and grit into the lineup. Between PRV, Niño, Okoposo and Grigorenko we add some much needed size.
Gotta say this is one of the few proposals that on paper I might be okay with. Adding 3 pieces to the puzzle looks pretty good. Okoposo would be a terrific addition to our top 6. I would leave PRV/Lander/Nino in the AHL next year and let them gel as a line and bring them all up as a unit the following season.

The main issue with it is the Oil lose their most attractive chip in Gagner to acquire a Dman.

dixs35 is offline  
Old
06-14-2012, 09:46 PM
  #362
Philly85
Moody'
 
Philly85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 11,988
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
Hasn't "Schenn and 5th" become the new Halak+?
Yes it has, and it's ridiculous.

Philly85 is offline  
Old
06-14-2012, 10:15 PM
  #363
xlnc66
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,843
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loweryder View Post
On a slightly less serious note, I've just been curious about this for a while. Would we consider swapping Eager straight up with Steve Bernier? I know Bernier is a free agent this summer, but let's pretend he isn't. I think they are fairly comparable players... would this be in our best interest? Would the devils risk breaking up their productive 4th line to appease their temporarily upset fanbase (I don't think it would be a good move but could they do it)?
Bernier is just garbage. I saw more then enough games of him while he was on the Canucks. The guy peaked out in his San Jose days and has gone downhill ever since.

xlnc66 is offline  
Old
06-14-2012, 10:27 PM
  #364
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone
 
jumptheshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: hf retirement home
Country: United Nations
Posts: 52,292
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredMan View Post
I propose to add "Schenn + fifth" and its variations to HF's profanity filter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
Hasn't "Schenn and 5th" become the new Halak+?


Personally I believe I started the fad back in APril

__________________
trying to fend off exwife number 2
45000/010113
GO SHARKS GO
jumptheshark is offline  
Old
06-14-2012, 10:42 PM
  #365
frag2
Registered User
 
frag2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,385
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Yep. Draft Murray, sign Schultz and Suter.

God dammit we have too many d-men now
Honestly, I thought about that though. Schultz obviously wants guaranteed spot. We already have 6-7 D on the roster [whether they are NHL calibre is another thing] but if we pick Murray, do we send Murray back to CHL? Waive player to play in A?

frag2 is offline  
Old
06-14-2012, 10:48 PM
  #366
Nols
Registered User
 
Nols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,355
vCash: 500
What about...

Gagner for Shenn.

Thoughts?

Nols is offline  
Old
06-14-2012, 10:50 PM
  #367
Jimmi Jenkins
Tastes like Chicken
 
Jimmi Jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,165
vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nols View Post
What about...

Gagner for Shenn.

Thoughts?
Brayden yes, Luke, they would have to add.

Jimmi Jenkins is online now  
Old
06-14-2012, 10:54 PM
  #368
Usual_Suspect
Registered User
 
Usual_Suspect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: 3 hours South
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,818
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Yep. Draft Murray, sign Schultz and Suter.

God dammit we have too many d-men now
Exactly. This seems like a stretch but who knows what will happen over the next 2 years. Always draft BPA. Especially in the early first round.

Usual_Suspect is offline  
Old
06-14-2012, 10:57 PM
  #369
Nols
Registered User
 
Nols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,355
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
Brayden yes, Luke, they would have to add.
Yea, Luke.

Nols is offline  
Old
06-14-2012, 10:57 PM
  #370
oilfaninvan
Registered User
 
oilfaninvan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: van
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,830
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredMan View Post
I propose to add "Schenn + fifth" and its variations to HF's profanity filter.


HF is hilarious these days

oilfaninvan is offline  
Old
06-14-2012, 11:38 PM
  #371
Gobo
What's Your Issue?
 
Gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Wild Rose Country
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixs35 View Post
Gotta say this is one of the few proposals that on paper I might be okay with. Adding 3 pieces to the puzzle looks pretty good. Okoposo would be a terrific addition to our top 6. I would leave PRV/Lander/Nino in the AHL next year and let them gel as a line and bring them all up as a unit the following season.

The main issue with it is the Oil lose their most attractive chip in Gagner to acquire a Dman.
...And would gain two much more attractice trade chips in Nino and Okposo.

Gobo is offline  
Old
06-14-2012, 11:41 PM
  #372
lakai17
Registered User
 
lakai17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,699
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Dandyman View Post
Not a fan of Steve Bernier at all.
Isbister was also brutal.

lakai17 is offline  
Old
06-14-2012, 11:50 PM
  #373
lakai17
Registered User
 
lakai17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,699
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Never put too much stock into Suter to Edmonton, but at least for once he is not saying East Only. Rumors such he won't leave the West.
Remember when they tried throwing money at Hossa? can Edmonton actually throw money at Suter and sign him? I never expect it to happen.

how would you set the defence up? Would Whitney slow Suter down? have Suter with Petry or Smid?

lakai17 is offline  
Old
06-14-2012, 11:56 PM
  #374
dnicks17
Moderator
.
 
dnicks17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,479
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
Remember when they tried throwing money at Hossa? can Edmonton actually throw money at Suter and sign him? I never expect it to happen.

how would you set the defence up? Would Whitney slow Suter down? have Suter with Petry or Smid?
You obviously pair Suter with Justin Schultz.

dnicks17 is offline  
Old
06-15-2012, 12:16 AM
  #375
Lowe in Oil
Registered User
 
Lowe in Oil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,550
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DousedInOil View Post
Just because it hasnt worked out in the past doesn't mean it can't in the future.

1. Who cares if Horcoff is the #2 center for 1 year. Grigorenko is a huge upgrade over Gagner.

2. How can you say niño is overrated when he's still young and hasnt exactly been handled very well. Even If he has to play in the AHL for a year it would be a great addition.

3. Okoposo brings that size and grit into the lineup. Between PRV, Niño, Okoposo and Grigorenko we add some much needed size.
How many games has Okposo played in the past few seasons? The guy is more injury prone than Whitney.

Lowe in Oil is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:54 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.