Page 2 already!

Old
06-11-2012, 12:33 AM
Minnesota
Global Moderator
L'Étoile du Nord

vCash: 1100
Shane Doan's Skittle stick!

Also, one of the most awkward interviews ever.

Old
06-11-2012, 12:41 AM
Avder
Global Moderator
Reliable NonSequitur

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
Fourth runner-up: We asked Russo to fill in for Gopher this week and he spouted obscenities (and all the other me ones)

Third runner-up: "Fastest thing re: Wild wearing #15? This Thread" Liked it for its truthiness.

Second runner-up: Whatever Talon's official unofficial official off topic theead was

First runner-up: I always tip Spurgeon 15% (one of these days it will be used)

Winner:" Too Many #$@!ing Turtlenecks Edition." Sprinkled in OTH's ****ing all star with Avder's Turtlenecks. Been a while since we've had one cover a Wild player and it felt like time.
You didn't use my suggestion then! Just made a mutant baby thread title with someone elses!

We've been over this a few threads ago? Happy Gilmore and Bob Barker?

Old
06-11-2012, 01:02 AM
Foxlockbox
:laugh: is my period

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puhis
I wouldn't know about that because I think smart phone is one of the most useless inventions in the past decade.

Seriously.
http://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comment...y_this/c4wdsp4

Get on the train bro, the future is here. I agree, they're a tad expensive for a student, but saying that they are obsolete is ridiclious, its the biggest "invention" of the past decade, culturally and tecnhologically.

Old
06-11-2012, 01:11 AM
Randy BoBandy
Cheeseburger Party

People are posting like crazy tonight

Hopefully there isn't a hangover effect where no one posts for a week. Man do I hate summer

Old
06-11-2012, 01:13 AM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxlockbox View Post
http://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comment...y_this/c4wdsp4

Get on the train bro, the future is here. I agree, they're a tad expensive for a student, but saying that they are obsolete is ridiclious, its the biggest "invention" of the past decade, culturally and tecnhologically.
I have read that post and I don't agree with it, at all. Smart phones are simply a way for phone companies to make more money by deeming that the more expensive your phone is, the cooler you are. And it shows. I know a lot of people who have iPhones or Galaxys or whatever the **** they're called, and they can't give a single, good reason as of "why".

Facebook is not important enough to warrant 500+€ phone investment or monthly deals that will screw you over. There is nothing on a smart phone that cannot be done with a laptop at home, and if I want to call somebody or text them, well, I have my standard Nokia, thank you. I can do that very well with my phone. Order a pizza? I'll just call them.

For the record, this is my current phone. Bought it for under 100€ 1,5 years ago as new and has served me well since, despite getting a few knocks and drops in it's life it still functions perfectly.

I'm not against technical innovations and new ideas, by any means, but I just don't see the point of smart phone. That time could've been spent better by inventing technologies people actually need.

Wait...

Biggest invention of the decade? ********. Total, complete ********. I reckon LCD displays have proved to be a very good invention if we're talking about technological things. Biofuels, Honda's prototype car that runs on hydrogen and other alternative methods to fossil fuels are far more important to not only the end customer but also humanity and this planet than a bunch of ****ing gadgets made to boost teenager's self-confidence by showing off who has the richest parents. Yeah, I'm 20, I shouldn't care but it's just such a ****ing disgrace. And to see a clever guy like you believe all those ****ing marketing gimmicks and **** is unbelievable.

Old
06-11-2012, 01:16 AM
Generic User
From Concentrate.

Why was this thread not titled "One Worded Conversation Edition Sponsored by Felix (with colored periods to fit posting requirements)"? That has to be the best title of all time.

Old
06-11-2012, 01:27 AM
Randy BoBandy
Cheeseburger Party

For the record I do not have a smart phone either. I tend to get drunk and lose/destroy phones, done it around 5 times. So ya I have a problem but...

I sure do wish I wouldn't do that so I could invest in one of these smart phones. You can just do everything u would on a computer from your phone. Basically much less planning needs to go into every decision you make. I mean you can leave your house not knowing when a movie starts, where the theater is, what theater is closest to you and just look it up and go while driving home from dinner in an unfamiliar city. Just a simple example of what me and my girlfriend did tonight. She has a smart phone.

Yes it does seem like a lot of young people use the phone for twitter/facebook/games and texting which I see as a waste of money, but man having access to the internet at any time is pretty awesome and useful in the right situation. But you need to have the money buy a phone that your not using to its full capability at all times to make it worth it.

Old
06-11-2012, 01:32 AM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patp14 View Post
For the record I do not have a smart phone either. I tend to get drunk and lose/destroy phones, done it around 5 times. So ya I have a problem but...

I sure do wish I wouldn't do that so I could invest in one of these smart phone. You can just do everything u would on a computer from your phone. Basically much less planning needs to go into every decision you make. I mean you can leave your house not knowing when a movie starts, where the theater is, what theater is closest to you and just look it up and go while driving home from dinner in an unfamiliar city. Just a simple example of what me and my girlfriend did tonight. She has a smart phone.

Yes it does seem like a lot of young people use the phone for twitter/facebook/games and texting which I see as a waste of money, but man having access to the internet at any time is pretty awesome and useful in the right situation.
Because it's so ****ing difficult to just check all that information at home before driving to the theater. Not convinced.

Besides, I have an SD card slot in my phone where I can just store everything I need, without having to own a smart phone for that. And if I run out of space (it's 1GB card) I can just use my 8GB USB stick. I don't need a ****ing iPhone for that.

As for accessing internet anywhere, yeah, totally radical. I'm really gutted I don't have that, because my laptop with it's built in wireless card cannot do it.

Old
06-11-2012, 01:44 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Free at last. Free at last.

I've been carrying around a terrible burden for the past 10 years. A basic summary; I got kicked out of high school for something I said and I have been cautious ever since then because of the perception. I have been worried about hurting other people's feeling or being 'unpopular'.

But you know what? I'm tired of that. Because you know what? That's not me. I am a nice guy as long as you don't piss me off or come off as stupid as a brick or self-centered.

Blah blah blah.

I'm rambling on.

Point of story; don't piss me off :p

Old
06-11-2012, 01:46 AM
Avder
Global Moderator
Reliable NonSequitur

I'll see your "smart phones suck" and raise you one "I don't even have a cell phone."

Suck it.

Old
06-11-2012, 01:47 AM
Avder
Global Moderator
Reliable NonSequitur

Quote:
Originally Posted by the8bandarmadillo View Post
Free at last. Free at last.

I've been carrying around a terrible burden for the past 10 years. A basic summary; I got kicked out of high school for something I said and I have been cautious ever since then because of the perception. I have been worried about hurting other people's feeling or being 'unpopular'.

But you know what? I'm tired of that. Because you know what? That's not me. I am a nice guy as long as you don't piss me off or come off as stupid as a brick or self-centered.

Blah blah blah.

I'm rambling on.

Point of story; don't piss me off :p
Okay. So what was it that you said that got you kicked out?

Old
06-11-2012, 01:58 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
Okay. So what was it that you said that got you kicked out?
Basically uh I would kill my teacher.

She had a Napoleon complex and it was a philosophy class. I was expressing my attitude toward stupid people.

Old
06-11-2012, 02:00 AM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
I'll see your "smart phones suck" and raise you one "I don't even have a cell phone."

Suck it.
Yeah, well, it's not necessary either. I just have one because I used to be social or something.

And so people can actually reach me and I don't miss important job interview calls or anything like that.

Oh, and I got kicked out of middle school ages ago for beating a kid who was bullying me for 2 years to a bloody pulp. I'm actually proud of it, felt damn good and still does remembering it. He never got punished or disciplined over his bullying and I got kicked out and had cops take me home from school and 3 years of therapy (where I never went...) for simply wanting revenge. ****ing unfair system.

I also quit business college because I was assigned as a tutor for a group of foreign students. I never asked for it and it meant that I had to do extra work and wake up earlier as well as commute to a different building some 5km away from my college every morning which was a ***** because only form of public transport that went there was a tram. I went to the first two meetings and got in trouble because my teachers wouldn't understand why I kept on missing classes... well, of course I'm gonna miss classes you dumb ****s if I have a tutor meeting at the same time. So I pretty much told them to find a new tutor and go **** themselves. It set my life back at least 3 years because I'll have to start over again if I ever want to study. Not that I care for studying any more after all the **** that I've got.

TL;DR: Revenge feels good and I'm probably IRL bad luck Brian.

Old
06-11-2012, 02:13 AM
Puhis
@Puhis46

It's kind of sad how I'm awake when the only active posters are a couple of Finns, then the NA folk arrive and when they go to sleep I'm still here.

Old
06-11-2012, 02:20 AM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Well, it's been an intense night here tonight.

Old
06-11-2012, 02:26 AM
Puhis
@Puhis46

I love it how in HF Wild "an intense night" means getting a new OT thread and a lot of posts.

Intense night used to mean waking up in jail or something.

Old
06-11-2012, 02:27 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puhis View Post
Intense night used to mean waking up in jail or something.
"Dude I just got two girls pregnant!"

Old
06-11-2012, 02:32 AM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
We've got like 700 posts yesterday. (Sunday)

Intense day.

Old
06-11-2012, 02:33 AM
Avder
Global Moderator
Reliable NonSequitur

I think I probably read or at least skimmed all of em too.

Old
06-11-2012, 02:38 AM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Happened bit under a year ago:

*Wakes up in jail*

"Oooh God, where the **** am I... oh right. ****. What happened? Can't remember anything after I woke up in that bike locker... Why am I here? Am I ok? I don't seem bruised or hurt, nothing's broken... Right. Feeling slightly hung over. That's probably normal."

Next hour or so I start remembering random things that happened until I'm let out. I didn't even get a ticket or anything, I was just completely wasted and sleeping on a bike locker in boxers and t-shirt with my clothes on a backpack.

Then some elder gentleman, also getting out at the same time, offered me a beer at a local pub. The beer tasted very bitter to my hung over mouth but I still drank it and we had a good conversation as well. He was a pleasant man. I then walked to the train station and took a train to Leppävaara, some 5km from where I live. I then walked home, hungover and feeling powerless and out of smokes. I realized with about 1km left that I had some money (10€ bill + coins) in my backpack. Cursed slightly but went to the nearby gas station to get a pack of smokes, an orange soda and some chips and headed home.

One of the more eventful nights I've had. Oh well, doesn't matter had sex.

Old
06-11-2012, 02:46 AM
Foxlockbox

Quote:
I have read that post and I don't agree with it, at all. Smart phones are simply a way for phone companies to make more money by deeming that the more expensive your phone is, the cooler you are. And it shows. I know a lot of people who have iPhones or Galaxys or whatever the **** they're called, and they can't give a single, good reason as of "why".

Facebook is not important enough to warrant 500+€ phone investment or monthly deals that will screw you over. There is nothing on a smart phone that cannot be done with a laptop at home, and if I want to call somebody or text them, well, I have my standard Nokia, thank you. I can do that very well with my phone. Order a pizza? I'll just call them.

For the record, this is my current phone. Bought it for under 100€ 1,5 years ago as new and has served me well since, despite getting a few knocks and drops in it's life it still functions perfectly.

I'm not against technical innovations and new ideas, by any means, but I just don't see the point of smart phone. That time could've been spent better by inventing technologies people actually need.

Wait...

Biggest invention of the decade? ********. Total, complete ********. I reckon LCD displays have proved to be a very good invention if we're talking about technological things. Biofuels, Honda's prototype car that runs on hydrogen and other alternative methods to fossil fuels are far more important to not only the end customer but also humanity and this planet than a bunch of ****ing gadgets made to boost teenager's self-confidence by showing off who has the richest parents. Yeah, I'm 20, I shouldn't care but it's just such a ****ing disgrace. And to see a clever guy like you believe all those ****ing marketing gimmicks and **** is unbelievable.

Adding alot of curse words doesn't make your points any more valid. I do not own a smart phone, I'm thinking about one but not sure if its worth the investment. It may not be the best invention, but it sure as hell is the most noticeable. Without them we probably wouldn't have 4G or mobile internet for that matter either, we wouldn't have whole new line of work of App/Mobile games developers, we wouldn't have angry birds, (well thats almost a negative ****ing Hockey bird), it just adds so much to western society. And btw. when someone says its handy to do things spontaneuously when you have a smart phone, saying that doing it the clumsier old way (i.e. checking things up before you leave the house) isn't really a strong argument. And please do not insult my intelligence over such a trivial matter again.

Old
06-11-2012, 03:28 AM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Quote:
Adding alot of curse words doesn't make your points any more valid. I do not own a smart phone, I'm thinking about one but not sure if its worth the investment. It may not be the best invention, but it sure as hell is the most noticeable. Without them we probably wouldn't have 4G or mobile internet for that matter either, we wouldn't have whole new line of work of App/Mobile games developers, we wouldn't have angry birds, (well thats almost a negative ****ing Hockey bird), it just adds so much to western society. And btw. when someone says its handy to do things spontaneuously when you have a smart phone, saying that doing it the clumsier old way (i.e. checking things up before you leave the house) isn't really a strong argument. And please do not insult my intelligence over such a trivial matter again.
A lot? Hardly.

Clumsier way? Well, if you like to check when your movie starts while driving, don't complain to me when you crash into a lorry. And while mobile gaming creates jobs and business, I'm sure that researching environment friendly options to fossil fuels or manufacturing LCD televisions or computer screens does so, too. Granted, it may not be a completely new line of work but those mobile developers would've most likely started developing computer software or found employment in the gaming industry anyway, so that's not completely new either.

I don't see how it bothers anyone or is clumsy to check things before leaving. It's efficient and it's sure as hell better to check that the movie is actually running than realizing it on the way there. It saves time and it saves money.

Besides, smart phones are not to thank for those "new inventions". 4G is basically evolved wireless internet, which has been around for a long time. To call smart phone the "most important innovation of the last decade" makes it hard NOT to insult your intelligence. It's simply a mobile phone with a big screen that has a customized software put into it. It's kind of a miniature computer, and I guess that's the point. But it's not important, even slightly. It's a luxury apparel for rich kids or businessmen who feel that they need to access internet and play games while sitting in a bus or - as usual - when they should be doing something far more important like studying or working.

People are starting to take luxury for granted, and that's not right. Some people may have that option, but they shouldn't be proud of it as many are. It's none of their own doing, and they shouldn't feel arrogant about it, either.

To summarize, smart phones are NOT important culturally, technologically or even personally.

Old
06-11-2012, 03:45 AM
Foxlockbox

Quote:
A lot? Hardly.

Clumsier way? Well, if you like to check when your movie starts while driving, don't complain to me when you crash into a lorry. And while mobile gaming creates jobs and business, I'm sure that researching environment friendly options to fossil fuels or manufacturing LCD televisions or computer screens does so, too. Granted, it may not be a completely new line of work but those mobile developers would've most likely started developing computer software or found employment in the gaming industry anyway, so that's not completely new either.

I don't see how it bothers anyone or is clumsy to check things before leaving. It's efficient and it's sure as hell better to check that the movie is actually running than realizing it on the way there. It saves time and it saves money.

Besides, smart phones are not to thank for those "new inventions". 4G is basically evolved wireless internet, which has been around for a long time. To call smart phone the "most important innovation of the last decade" makes it hard NOT to insult your intelligence. It's simply a mobile phone with a big screen that has a customized software put into it. It's kind of a miniature computer, and I guess that's the point. But it's not important, even slightly. It's a luxury apparel for rich kids or businessmen who feel that they need to access internet and play games while sitting in a bus or - as usual - when they should be doing something far more important like studying or working.

People are starting to take luxury for granted, and that's not right. Some people may have that option, but they shouldn't be proud of it as many are. It's none of their own doing, and they shouldn't feel arrogant about it, either.

To summarize, smart phones are NOT important culturally, technologically or even personally.
You're limiting yourself to the small details and examples and miss the big picture, the thing is they're here to stay and in a few years thats the only kind of new phone you're able to buy so your bickering is in vain, sure you can buy second hand Nokias for a decade still, but I don't see the point of not even giving it a chance, now you're just spouting assumptions without experience using one.

Old
06-11-2012, 04:09 AM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Quote:
You're limiting yourself to the small details and examples and miss the big picture, the thing is they're here to stay and in a few years thats the only kind of new phone you're able to buy so your bickering is in vain, sure you can buy second hand Nokias for a decade still, but I don't see the point of not even giving it a chance, now you're just spouting assumptions without experience using one.
Who said I haven't used one?

Closed Thread