Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

General OT Thread #15: "Too Many #$@!ing Turtlenecks" Edition

Closed Thread

Old
06-11-2012, 05:17 AM
MK9

vCash: 500
I just need to pass this on. I laughed so hard I almost peed myself and passed out.

Old
06-11-2012, 05:28 AM
NHL1674
Whatever...

So not cool. Maybe after that guy dies, he can be tied to an airplane. Better yet, tie him to one while he's alive. See how he likes it. #$@!ing worthless b*****d. Waste of a human being.

Old
06-11-2012, 05:46 AM
Avder
Life Happens.*shrug*

vCash: 405
Can someone please tell me why the hell I am up so ****ing late?

Its 4 ****ing AM and I am not in the least bit tired yet. I know if I go to bed right now I will only toss and turn for at least an hour before my brain slows down enough that I can start to sleep.

Sometime this week I am going to pull an all-nighter and just correct my sleep schedule. I'm thinking tuesday night I'm just gonna stay up straight through wednesday. And whoever decided to spell wednesday "wednesday" is an idiot. Also screw you firefox for reminding me that I am mis-spelling them by not capitalizing the w, or the t in tuesday. Screw the days of the week, not unique enough to deserve capital letter spellings. 52 of each per year at least. Whoopie doo.

Oh hell, here I go, off into rant mode. Buckle up everyone, welcome to the strange abyss that is Avder's late night brain!

I've got an appointment tomorrow to see a doctor about seeing another doctor who may or may not be able to help me with a condition I've been dealing with for a while. Why the **** cant I just see the second doctor first? Is the first doctor the second doctors secretary or something? I dont get to see the second doctor until late july anyway. Why is the health care system so screwed up?

And why the hell cant I find a dentist within 15 miles who will accept me as a new patient with my insurance? The only reason I got in to that other clinic, I discovered, was because I complained of something that might develop into a medical emergency down the road if untreated. And the whole visit consisted of just taking a few x-rays and then the dentist coming in and saying "WELP you need your wisdom teeth pulled, now GTFO". Couldn't they have at least given me a partial cleaning or something while I was there too? ****. I hate dental insurance.

Why do I keep listening to the same songs over and over? They're not even songs I would dare post to the jukebox thread, but they are the only songs I want to listen to right now. I'm EMBARRASED that I like these songs. Why do I want to listen to them? They're also not songs that are conductive to a positive state of mind. They actually depress me a little. Why the **** do I like that? God my mind is ****ed up.

If I could enter my own head and kick my psyches ass to get me into the proper gear sometimes I would. But the brain is the biggest ******* in the whole body, proper ******* inclusive. Thats right, the brain is a bigger ******* than the actual *******. Makes me dwell on **** despite not wanting to, and prevents me from sleeping at will because its stuck in "thought ****storm" mode. Brain, SHUT UP. I ****ing HATE you!

This rant has less direction than the Oilers rebuilding efforts, and that's saying something.

Why the hell is a good car so damned hard to find? And why don't we have any cars that have purely mechanical engines? The current ailment that is bothering my car is electronic in nature because some stupid microchip is either not getting enough current because some wire is frayed somewhere, or it just plain broke at some point. A purely mechanical engine would not have this issue.

And further, the Dodge Omni I used to drive when I first got my license got 34 miles to the gallon. Purely mechanical, carbureted engine. Never had any issues at all with the engine. It just plain ran, and that's all it did. God damn I miss that car. I would be driving it today if it had not met an unfortunate end. In contrast, my current car, a Chevy Lumina, has had nothing but problems that surround its electronic parts. I've had several bad fuel injectors over the years, so that's always a fun problem to have. The battery in it never seems to hold a charge properly for more than a few months despite replacing both the battery and alternator at times, and on her best day she gets like 26 miles per gallon tops. I cant wait to dump her for something more current, which will undoubtedly also become problem prone because its still an electronic piece of crap.

And that's not to say that electronics are bad. No, its the cost cutting measures involved in their implementations that are bad. Not enough copper in the circuit board etching, wire harnesses that are not long enough to take strain forever. Transistors that are made too flimsy to resist damage, crystals that shatter at some point, and the list goes on.

Make those components more robust, more damage resistant, and they would last decades without issue. The cars would last longer and would be worth more.

But that's not the point of the auto industry is it? No the point is cutting costs while remaining within government regulations and maximizing profit, so we get cars that are designed to become obsolete and unserviceable within a few years time, because they want you to buy another car. So they buy all this cheap chinese made crap thats not worth the materials it was made from and what do we have? Cars that break down and go to **** after one unlucky encounter with a pothole that your shocks and suspension cant handle and suddenly your mechanic needs to be a computer technician to track down which piece of circuitry needs to be replaced.

And your local, friendly mechanic can't even do THAT because the auto makers use all kinds of proprietary **** in their cars nowadays specifically to make it so you HAVE to go to a dealership shop when your car ****s up so they can make you bend over and take it up the tailpipe to get your overengineered, defective by design, four ****ing wheels and a seat jalopy back on the road again.

God dammit.

I hate healthcare. And I hate the auto industry. God damn I miss my old Dodge Omni.

Well maybe I can sleep now that I've hopefully vented some of the steam that would power my ******* brain into whirly**** mode when I try to sleep. But I doubt it.

Maybe I'll just play majongg until my eyes are too damned heavy to stay open. And THEN I can go to bed and rest my eyes while my brain whirls around spouting crap and imagining stuff that's way better than whats on TV but still annoying because I WANT TO SLEEP NOT IMAGINE CRAP, lousy ******* brain.

I wonder how many asterisks I'm gonna see when I hit preview here in a few seconds, or a few minutes, depending on if this rant can continue.

Hell, I'll just press it now anyway to see the asterisks.

God damn thats a lot of ****ing asterisks. ****.

I sure do curse a lot. I guess thats why I call them curse filled rants? Whatever.

If they ever invent in-brain electronics, all I want is a button that turns my brain OFF and sends me straight into REM sleep. That's all I want. I don't want no in-brain GPS or in-brain cell-phone capabilities like in Ghost in the Shell. Just an off button I can reach up somewhere on my skull, flip open the safety lid, and press it and I get to bed instantly, when I want, rather than when my ****ed up non-standard circadian rhythm says I should go to sleep. ****ing non-standard biological clock, THE DAY IS TWENTY FOUR HOURS EVEN, NOT TWENTY FOUR AND A HALF OR HOWEVER LONG YOUR CYCLE IS.

****** defective DNA. Why couldn't I have held off on being born until genetic engineering was common place? Then again with my luck I would have been born to hippie, technophobic parents who would completely reject all technology despite the obvious benefits if used reasonably and intelligently.

And why is it impossible to get a reasonable amount of room to room airflow in a standard apartment? Fronts develop at doorways and each room just becomes its own little sauna no matter what I do. I dont have enough fans to put one at every doorway in order to force air to move, and that would be pretty annoying for when I wanted to move around the house. Why isn't central forced everything standard in apartments made in the last 30 years or so? It sure would be nice to be able to keep the whole apartment at a nice, even temperature rather than having the living room with the AC a friggin freezer and every other room a god damned sauna.

If you have read this far, give yourself some mad props.

TL;DR version: Avder hates Health Care, Dentists, Dental Insurance, his own brain and crappy DNA and mis-timed biological clock, invasive electronics, and the auto industry, the spelling of wednesday, and he curses a lot.

Old
06-11-2012, 05:48 AM
TZM
Par too easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota View Post
Shane Doan's Skittle stick!

Also, one of the most awkward interviews ever.
Wow... That was... awkward. Sounded like a sketch almost.

Old
06-11-2012, 05:52 AM
Avder
Life Happens.*shrug*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK9 View Post
I just need to pass this on. I laughed so hard I almost peed myself and passed out.
HA! That's all I can say at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL1674 View Post
So not cool. Maybe after that guy dies, he can be tied to an airplane. Better yet, tie him to one while he's alive. See how he likes it. #$@!ing worthless b*****d. Waste of a human being.
The problem is he would approve of that. Also the cat's dead, so it's not like its's some kind of six million dollar cat or something.

I dunno, if someone wants me around enough after I die to have me stuffed or whatever, I say go for it. I'll be dead, and they can do whatever the hell they want.

Old
06-11-2012, 05:56 AM
TZM
Par too easy

Avder, I don't think music taste should have any restrictions. Different styles of music inspire in different ways.

E: Read the whole thing.

Old
06-11-2012, 06:00 AM
Foxlockbox
:laugh: is my period

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
Can someone please tell me why the hell I am up so ****ing late?

Its 4 ****ing AM and I am not in the least bit tired yet. I know if I go to bed right now I will only toss and turn for at least an hour before my brain slows down enough that I can start to sleep.

Sometime this week I am going to pull an all-nighter and just correct my sleep schedule. I'm thinking tuesday night I'm just gonna stay up straight through wednesday. And whoever decided to spell wednesday "wednesday" is an idiot. Also screw you firefox for reminding me that I am mis-spelling them by not capitalizing the w, or the t in tuesday. Screw the days of the week, not unique enough to deserve capital letter spellings. 52 of each per year at least. Whoopie doo.

Oh hell, here I go, off into rant mode. Buckle up everyone, welcome to the strange abyss that is Avder's late night brain!

I've got an appointment tomorrow to see a doctor about seeing another doctor who may or may not be able to help me with a condition I've been dealing with for a while. Why the **** cant I just see the second doctor first? Is the first doctor the second doctors secretary or something? I dont get to see the second doctor until late july anyway. Why is the health care system so screwed up?

And why the hell cant I find a dentist within 15 miles who will accept me as a new patient with my insurance? The only reason I got in to that other clinic, I discovered, was because I complained of something that might develop into a medical emergency down the road if untreated. And the whole visit consisted of just taking a few x-rays and then the dentist coming in and saying "WELP you need your wisdom teeth pulled, now GTFO". Couldn't they have at least given me a partial cleaning or something while I was there too? ****. I hate dental insurance.

Why do I keep listening to the same songs over and over? They're not even songs I would dare post to the jukebox thread, but they are the only songs I want to listen to right now. I'm EMBARRASED that I like these songs. Why do I want to listen to them? They're also not songs that are conductive to a positive state of mind. They actually depress me a little. Why the **** do I like that? God my mind is ****ed up.

If I could enter my own head and kick my psyches ass to get me into the proper gear sometimes I would. But the brain is the biggest ******* in the whole body, proper ******* inclusive. Thats right, the brain is a bigger ******* than the actual *******. Makes me dwell on **** despite not wanting to, and prevents me from sleeping at will because its stuck in "thought ****storm" mode. Brain, SHUT UP. I ****ing HATE you!

This rant has less direction than the Oilers rebuilding efforts, and that's saying something.

Why the hell is a good car so damned hard to find? And why don't we have any cars that have purely mechanical engines? The current ailment that is bothering my car is electronic in nature because some stupid microchip is either not getting enough current because some wire is frayed somewhere, or it just plain broke at some point. A purely mechanical engine would not have this issue.

And further, the Dodge Omni I used to drive when I first got my license got 34 miles to the gallon. Purely mechanical, carbureted engine. Never had any issues at all with the engine. It just plain ran, and that's all it did. God damn I miss that car. I would be driving it today if it had not met an unfortunate end. In contrast, my current car, a Chevy Lumina, has had nothing but problems that surround its electronic parts. I've had several bad fuel injectors over the years, so that's always a fun problem to have. The battery in it never seems to hold a charge properly for more than a few months despite replacing both the battery and alternator at times, and on her best day she gets like 26 miles per gallon tops. I cant wait to dump her for something more current, which will undoubtedly also become problem prone because its still an electronic piece of crap.

And that's not to say that electronics are bad. No, its the cost cutting measures involved in their implementations that are bad. Not enough copper in the circuit board etching, wire harnesses that are not long enough to take strain forever. Transistors that are made too flimsy to resist damage, crystals that shatter at some point, and the list goes on.

Make those components more robust, more damage resistant, and they would last decades without issue. The cars would last longer and would be worth more.

But that's not the point of the auto industry is it? No the point is cutting costs while remaining within government regulations and maximizing profit, so we get cars that are designed to become obsolete and unserviceable within a few years time, because they want you to buy another car. So they buy all this cheap chinese made crap thats not worth the materials it was made from and what do we have? Cars that break down and go to **** after one unlucky encounter with a pothole that your shocks and suspension cant handle and suddenly your mechanic needs to be a computer technician to track down which piece of circuitry needs to be replaced.

And your local, friendly mechanic can't even do THAT because the auto makers use all kinds of proprietary **** in their cars nowadays specifically to make it so you HAVE to go to a dealership shop when your car ****s up so they can make you bend over and take it up the tailpipe to get your overengineered, defective by design, four ****ing wheels and a seat jalopy back on the road again.

God dammit.

I hate healthcare. And I hate the auto industry. God damn I miss my old Dodge Omni.

Well maybe I can sleep now that I've hopefully vented some of the steam that would power my ******* brain into whirly**** mode when I try to sleep. But I doubt it.

Maybe I'll just play majongg until my eyes are too damned heavy to stay open. And THEN I can go to bed and rest my eyes while my brain whirls around spouting crap and imagining stuff that's way better than whats on TV but still annoying because I WANT TO SLEEP NOT IMAGINE CRAP, lousy ******* brain.

I wonder how many asterisks I'm gonna see when I hit preview here in a few seconds, or a few minutes, depending on if this rant can continue.

Hell, I'll just press it now anyway to see the asterisks.

God damn thats a lot of ****ing asterisks. ****.

I sure do curse a lot. I guess thats why I call them curse filled rants? Whatever.

If they ever invent in-brain electronics, all I want is a button that turns my brain OFF and sends me straight into REM sleep. That's all I want. I don't want no in-brain GPS or in-brain cell-phone capabilities like in Ghost in the Shell. Just an off button I can reach up somewhere on my skull, flip open the safety lid, and press it and I get to bed instantly, when I want, rather than when my ****ed up non-standard circadian rhythm says I should go to sleep. ****ing non-standard biological clock, THE DAY IS TWENTY FOUR HOURS EVEN, NOT TWENTY FOUR AND A HALF OR HOWEVER LONG YOUR CYCLE IS.

****** defective DNA. Why couldn't I have held off on being born until genetic engineering was common place? Then again with my luck I would have been born to hippie, technophobic parents who would completely reject all technology despite the obvious benefits if used reasonably and intelligently.

And why is it impossible to get a reasonable amount of room to room airflow in a standard apartment? Fronts develop at doorways and each room just becomes its own little sauna no matter what I do. I dont have enough fans to put one at every doorway in order to force air to move, and that would be pretty annoying for when I wanted to move around the house. Why isn't central forced everything standard in apartments made in the last 30 years or so? It sure would be nice to be able to keep the whole apartment at a nice, even temperature rather than having the living room with the AC a friggin freezer and every other room a god damned sauna.

If you have read this far, give yourself some mad props.

TL;DR version: Avder hates Health Care, Dentists, Dental Insurance, his own brain and crappy DNA and mis-timed biological clock, invasive electronics, and the auto industry, the spelling of wednesday, and he curses a lot.
I rarely do this but...

Old
06-11-2012, 06:06 AM
Avder
Life Happens.*shrug*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxlockbox View Post
I rarely do this but...

Old
06-11-2012, 06:06 AM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Quote:
Also the cat's dead, so it's not like its's some kind of six million dollar cat or something.
Not the point, but I'm bowing out of this conversation for good. Otherwise I'll get a lifetime ban in record time, and no, that's not sarcasm or an exaggeration.

Old
06-11-2012, 09:39 AM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
Cat thing not cool.

I never considered smart phones an invention...mobile phones, yes, with smart phones being the evolution. That said, they will probably go down as the device with the most impact on culture this era. Unless they find a cure for cancer pretty quickly, the 10's will be forever associated with them--for me, anyway.

Old
06-11-2012, 09:56 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Love my smart phone. Don't see what the fuss is all about.

Old
06-11-2012, 11:39 AM
Engebretson
Another GopherClone

vCash: 620
Hey TP, I remember you posted pics of your iPhone bumper a while back and it looked pretty sweet. What was the brand name of that bumper?

I'm probably getting an iPhone in the next couple weeks, can't wait to throw my Blackberry out the window.

Old
06-11-2012, 11:45 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engebretson View Post
Hey TP, I remember you posted pics of your iPhone bumper a while back and it looked pretty sweet. What was the brand name of that bumper?

I'm probably getting an iPhone in the next couple weeks, can't wait to throw my Blackberry out the window.
Not sure what TP's is but my iPhone has a hard black speck case. Here's a link:

http://www.speckproducts.com/iphone-...iphone-4s.html

Old
06-11-2012, 11:50 AM
Engebretson
Another GopherClone

vCash: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
Not sure what TP's is but my iPhone has a hard black speck case. Here's a link:

http://www.speckproducts.com/iphone-...iphone-4s.html
Very cool, how do you like yours?

Old
06-11-2012, 01:19 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Just beat my best FreeCell time with 2:41.

Job interview in 40 minutes, butterflies, haven't eaten yet today.

Wonder if I'll eat at all before hockey tonight

Old
06-11-2012, 01:33 PM
Victorious Secret
Eyebrows Defcon 1

Can I ask a favor of anyone in the U.S.? I am going to some military training for the next month and a half and won't have internet, phone service, or any sort of outside communication other than letters. I was wondering if someone would be willing to write up some draft coverage and mail it to me, because I'll be missing the draft.

I'd be forever grateful and I might even through in a Doughty shirt, if the information is good.

Old
06-11-2012, 01:40 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I'll volunteer to mail it out if everyone wants to chip in and gather up the info.

You talking draft results? When do you leave?

Old
06-11-2012, 01:43 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
You didn't use my suggestion then! Just made a mutant baby thread title with someone elses!

We've been over this a few threads ago? Happy Gilmore and Bob Barker?

Fine, don't take a compliment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generic User View Post
Why was this thread not titled "One Worded Conversation Edition Sponsored by Felix (with colored periods to fit posting requirements)"? That has to be the best title of all time.
Because?

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
Old
06-11-2012, 01:51 PM
Minnesota
Global Moderator
L'Étoile du Nord

vCash: 1000
Because why?

Old
06-11-2012, 02:12 PM
Victorious Secret
Eyebrows Defcon 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
I'll volunteer to mail it out if everyone wants to chip in and gather up the info.

You talking draft results? When do you leave?
I leave tomorrow at 6:00 am Central time.

Yea, draft results. That would be great. I'll PM you the address.

Old
06-11-2012, 02:27 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Sounds good. And good luck!

Old
06-11-2012, 02:29 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota View Post
Because why?
One. Word. Answer.

Old
06-11-2012, 02:56 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Boo...no iPhone 5 announcement at WWDC today.

Old
06-11-2012, 03:01 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

iOS6 looks good though.

Old
06-11-2012, 03:13 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

It will look damn good on my iPhone 5

I need to convince my parents to buy my iMac and I'll get a new Macbook or something. They need a new computer, I wouldn't mind something new.

Man I am nervous. Interviewed for a job, think I nailed the interview honestly, 25% bump in pay with lots more room for advancement. Won't hear back all week though.

But if that happens you guys will need a new 9-5 mod

Closed Thread