Old
06-11-2012, 02:17 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
It will look damn good on my iPhone 5

I need to convince my parents to buy my iMac and I'll get a new Macbook or something. They need a new computer, I wouldn't mind something new.

Man I am nervous. Interviewed for a job, think I nailed the interview honestly, 25% bump in pay with lots more room for advancement. Won't hear back all week though.

But if that happens you guys will need a new 9-5 mod
Then I hope you don't get it! Kidding.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
Old
06-11-2012, 03:21 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I love my Android phone's corrupt memory card. It splices songs together randomly. It jumped from Lower Definition to Emarosa back to Lower Definition and then to Dance Gavin Dance? Oh just now it jumped back to Lower Definition. All the same "song" too BTW.

Old
06-11-2012, 03:28 PM
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
iOS6 looks good though.
I can finally ask Siri if the Wild lost!

And since Siri supposedly learns based on its experiences, it will eventually learn not to bother querying NHL.com and just say, "oh, come on, take a guess."

Old
06-11-2012, 03:29 PM
TZM
Par too easy

I have Nokia N8 (Symbian ^3 v. Belle). I think it has good quality in ratio of its value. I'm still not sold on the touchscreen tho in any smart phone. It's something I wished they'd improve. I like mine 'cos it has totally free drive navigation (GPS), a decent camera and I can have enough music in it. Pretty much everything I need and maybe even more.

Old
06-11-2012, 03:45 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Yeah GPS was the first big thing I loved. Trying to go to obscure hockey rinks, addresses from Craigslist, etc etc. It's just so nice to pull it up en route.

One of the coolest things I did with my phone was get directions to a show I was going to see (Emarosa), and while we're on the way, we find out the singer got kicked out of the band a few days earlier and replaced with another guy. Then we looked up the YouTube videos of his show from the night before (!) and heard just how godawful he was, and decided to skip the show. We looked up Rotten Tomatoes reviews to pick a movie and found some times and did that instead.

GPS navigation, taking pictures, reading Twitter & Strib articles, posting on HF Boards, listening to music, solitaire and other games, things to occupy the kid while in a waiting room, it's just essential at this point.

Old
06-11-2012, 03:52 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

vCash: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Engebretson View Post
Very cool, how do you like yours?
It's a little heavy but it protects pretty good. I also got a screen protector for my iPhone.

Going in for potentially my first day of work in a real job today. If at least one of the two persons that is supposed to start working today doesn't show, I start today. If they both show, then I start next week. Stupid steel toed boots cost me $150.

Old
06-11-2012, 03:56 PM
TZM
Par too easy

I read HF Boards with my phone but haven't even tried to post anything. It's inconvenient to write with such a thing. I'm sure if it had a bigger screen it would be more pleasant. I'm sure internet browsing and such will improve in near future.

Old
06-11-2012, 04:07 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Read the whole rant Avder posted, and I agree with most points about cars he made. However, I still think it depends on the engine. Some fuel injected engines are absolutely awesome. I loved the engine in my Golf, it had so much power for a 1.8l, naturally aspirated engine it was unbelievable. It just went on and on despite having only 4 gears (3 of them functioning). Loved that car. Had one of the newer Toyota Supras, 1998 3.0l twin turbo model if I got it right come up behind me on a twisty backroad near where my friend lives. I know the road by heart and it's about 10 miles end to end. Anyway, that Supra pulled aside for an overtake.

10 miles later, I was parked in a gas station and waited 20 seconds at least (enough time to light a smoke and look smug) before he arrived. Beat the kid fair and square, and he wanted to see if my Golf was box standard. Told him it's not even a GTi (it's true). I could feel his ego just disappear in a second .

Old
06-11-2012, 04:37 PM
TZM
Par too easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puhis View Post
Read the whole rant Avder posted, and I agree with most points about cars he made. However, I still think it depends on the engine. Some fuel injected engines are absolutely awesome. I loved the engine in my Golf, it had so much power for a 1.8l, naturally aspirated engine it was unbelievable. It just went on and on despite having only 4 gears (3 of them functioning). Loved that car. Had one of the newer Toyota Supras, 1998 3.0l twin turbo model if I got it right come up behind me on a twisty backroad near where my friend lives. I know the road by heart and it's about 10 miles end to end. Anyway, that Supra pulled aside for an overtake.

10 miles later, I was parked in a gas station and waited 20 seconds at least (enough time to light a smoke and look smug) before he arrived. Beat the kid fair and square, and he wanted to see if my Golf was box standard. Told him it's not even a GTi (it's true). I could feel his ego just disappear in a second .
I race with mopeds with my Ford Focus '00 station wagon. They win.

E: Past 100 posts, it's a celebration.

Old
06-11-2012, 04:40 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Reliable NonSequitur

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
Fine, don't take a compliment.
Oh I took it as a compliment, but one of these threads I want to have the whole name

Old
06-11-2012, 05:03 PM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZM View Post
I read HF Boards with my phone but haven't even tried to post anything. It's inconvenient to write with such a thing. I'm sure if it had a bigger screen it would be more pleasant. I'm sure internet browsing and such will improve in near future.
I post all the time with my phone...android makes typing on a phone a breeze with swype!

Btw, Avder is out of his mind for wanting to go back 30-40 years in automobile tech! Lose electronics in engines and go back to pure mechanical? Obviously he's not familiar about the many problems that arise from carbureted engines!

Also, MOST cars electronics DO last decades. His problem was that he was talking about a Lumina, a car made on the cheap that helped lead Chevy go bankrupt and needed a government bailout on top. Chevy has never been known for high quality.

Last edited by TaLoN: 06-11-2012 at 05:27 PM.
Old
06-12-2012, 02:03 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

vCash: 827
The latest Metalocalypse episode (for you fans of the show) has to be one of my favorites. We finally learn about Magnus Hammersmith who was the guitarist in Dethklok before Toki came along. I found a guy on Youtube who posts the episodes within a day after they air in case you miss the episode or just want to watch it again.

Old
06-12-2012, 05:38 AM
Puhis
@Puhis46

So, just went grocery shopping. Might not sound anything special, but in my condition it feels like a true achievement.

Couple of notes:

- I've never felt so out of shape and exhausted even after little walking. Not doing any exercise and dislocated hip or something similar will do that for you. Walking is an effort after first 100 meters or so.

- Walking doesn't help much. I can walk little distances with no effort but after 200 meters it starts to hurt more and more as I feel my hip going more and more left. Despite having a beer belly and some body fat, I can clearly see and feel the hip on left side but it's all sunk in on the right. Definitely not in proper position.

- I tried to push it in earlier today. It worked. I stood crooked to the other side instead. I tried then to correct myself to the middle and I felt how I was standing quite upright for a moment until I started walking and it slid back to the left.

- Bought myself a couple of sodas, ice cream and cookies along with all the food and whatnot. Because I deserve good things.

I'm thinking I should probably get some kind of a support belt/waist belt for my hip. Any experiences? It should help, at least a little. And I'll take any help at this point.

Old
06-12-2012, 05:49 AM
TZM
Par too easy

This is cool. A guy from the same junior high school got a SM-liiga contract with Ässät. His name is Patrik Parkkonen.

I'm very happy for him!

http://eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=25265

Last edited by TZM: 06-12-2012 at 06:05 AM.
Old
06-12-2012, 06:06 AM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Seriously considering getting a customized Wild t-shirt from NHL shop. $35 customized, could be much worse. Or should I go for the old time hockey hoodie? Decisions, decisions.

I probably should save the little money I have but damn if it isn't tempting to get a Wild shirt...

Old
06-12-2012, 06:52 AM
TZM
Par too easy

Quote:
Seriously considering getting a customized Wild t-shirt from NHL shop. $35 customized, could be much worse. Or should I go for the old time hockey hoodie? Decisions, decisions.

I probably should save the little money I have but damn if it isn't tempting to get a Wild shirt...
I'd like to order too, but I'm in the understanding that the shipping costs too much.

Old
06-12-2012, 07:04 AM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZM View Post
I'd like to order too, but I'm in the understanding that the shipping costs too much.
That might be the case, yeah. Might take a while, too.

If I do end up ordering something, I'll notify you and others interested so we can maybe try do some sort of a group order to save on shipping costs?

Old
06-12-2012, 07:05 AM
Avder
Global Moderator
Reliable NonSequitur

Friends don't let friends commit jersey fouls.

Old
06-12-2012, 07:40 AM
TZM
Par too easy

Quote:
That might be the case, yeah. Might take a while, too.

If I do end up ordering something, I'll notify you and others interested so we can maybe try do some sort of a group order to save on shipping costs?
That'd be cool.

Old
06-12-2012, 09:30 AM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Completely and totally random question, but why is the word "defensemen" a plural? Shouldn't it be "defenseman" or "defender"?

Old
06-12-2012, 09:40 AM
Avder
Global Moderator
Reliable NonSequitur

man = singular, men = plural.

Old
06-12-2012, 09:43 AM
Puhis
@Puhis46

What I meant is why would Clayton Stoner (for example) be referred to as a "Wild defensemen"?

Old
06-12-2012, 09:50 AM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
What I meant is why would Clayton Stoner (for example) be referred to as a "Wild defensemen"?
Likely just a typo. I don't think even Canadians would do that (even if they spell 'defense' wrong).

Old
06-12-2012, 09:57 AM
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
Likely just a typo. I don't think even Canadians would do that (even if they spell 'defense' wrong).
Yup. Stoner is a defenseman; he and Spurgeon together are defensemen. They're pronounced the same, though (duh-FENCE-min).

Old
06-12-2012, 11:08 AM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Actually, it's supposed to be pronounced dee-FENCE-min.

Closed Thread