HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers interested in Justin Schultz, Part II - The "Fans Praying" Edition

View Poll Results: Would you be willing to guarantee Schultz an NHL spot to get him to sign?
Yes 101 64.74%
No 55 35.26%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
06-26-2012, 09:06 PM
Leetch66

vCash: 500
Again...the press do not know everything and sometimes they tend to spin some different versions to help sell articles...it is how they make a living and everyone knows that eventually even a blind squirrel finds a nut ! I'm sure we have as good a chance at him as any Canadian team at this point .

Old
06-26-2012, 09:10 PM
Lundsanity30

Only Canadian team worth going to is Van. Mon Edm tor are not contenders which he wants

Old
06-26-2012, 09:14 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
I don't think he's going to sign here, but Mac spews quite a lot of BS when he's trying to increase hits and ratings for TSN, a network constantly "pandering" to it's Canadian viewership (pander in quotes because I'm not really criticizing them). Stating that Schultz is only looking at Canadian teams is a patent attempt to do so.
That is so blatantly untrue

Old
06-26-2012, 09:16 PM
Tawnos
BoH Mod Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
We read differently the things he speculates on differently then. It's okay.

Old
06-26-2012, 09:51 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Not really. He's done it before. I mean, he's a news guy. Everyone does it. He is no different.

Old
06-26-2012, 10:57 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

McKenzie:

Quote:
Some NHL teams believe Schultz is destined to end up with his home province Canucks. We should know more in next few days if not sooner.
There he goes again... Captain Canada.

Old
06-26-2012, 11:01 PM
NewYorkRangers89*

Who cares, let him go i'm so sick of this kid. He is penciled into every lineup and he isn't even on the team.

Old
06-26-2012, 11:06 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRangers89 View Post
Who cares, let him go i'm so sick of this kid. He is penciled into every lineup and he isn't even on the team.
Hence the pencil

Old
06-26-2012, 11:08 PM
smoneil

Quote:
Hence the pencil

Old
06-26-2012, 11:22 PM
CM PUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonagh View Post
If he comes to a decision before July 1st, can they announce it before he officially signs?
wheeler to the bruins was announced jun 17th that he had agreed to the deal and then officially signed on july 1st

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/...gn_up_wheeler/

Old
06-27-2012, 06:24 AM
Levitate

If Schultz already had his heart set on Vancouver, why all the waiting until Wednesday, taking and considering all the offers, etc. he could have agreed by now to a deal if he only had eyes for Vancouver

He may very well have a preference but I don't think he's made any decisions yet

Old
06-27-2012, 06:31 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Schultz should sign with Calgary. Their AHL team in based in Abbotsford,BC. I hope Justin likes Chicago. Maybe the Rangers should agree to have the Canadian national anthem played at every home game so Justin is comfortable. Better yet,Brandon Prust's french Canadian GF should sing the anthem in french and english. Give her $500,000. Prusty gets $1.8M. She gets $500,000. Prusty wants $2.2M. That's $2.3M. Two problems solved.

Last Thursday McKenzie said Schultz wants to make an immediate impact wherever he goes. Bob brought up Edmonton. Does VAN fit that criteria?

I read a few weeks ago,Anaheim thinks/thought Schultz will be a Leaf. I have spent the last hour looking for it.It may have been Russo on twitter answering questions. So if Anaheim offered Schultz to Toronto thinking Schultz wanted to be a Leaf and then he turned them down to explore free agency, If he ends up anywhere besides TO,Anaheim had a terrible read of the situation.

Today is the dog and pony show at Newport Sports.

Quote:
U.S. GMs hearing Schultz prefers Canada but not stopping their pursuit: "American teams are trying to get in the game," said one GM.
https://twitter.com/CraigCustance/st...52748135575552

Schultz takes a scholarship away from an American kid and then doesn't want to pay his taxes in America. Where's Tim Thomas? Damn foreigners.

So when does Anaheim file the tampering charges against VAN? Bob Murray and Brian Burke are tight. Burke and VAN GM Mike Gillis hate each other. Wonder if Murray and Gillis hate each other?

Old
06-27-2012, 06:31 AM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
If Schultz already had his heart set on Vancouver, why all the waiting until Wednesday, taking and considering all the offers, etc. he could have agreed by now to a deal if he only had eyes for Vancouver

He may very well have a preference but I don't think he's made any decisions yet
Look at the Brad Richards situation.

If Richards had set his heart on New York, why all the meetings with x # of teams to let them pitch their offer, then take and consider all offers, he could have agreed on July 1st or 2nd if he only had eyes for the Rangers. Just sayin'

The kid could have his heart set on Van but at least want to hear every one out.

06-27-2012, 06:32 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Quote:
McKenzie:

Seriously? So what is he supposed to do? Lie and say he's going to end up in Florida just so he doesn't seem biased to Canada?

Old
06-27-2012, 06:43 AM
Jackpot
Registered Abuser

Such hype for no reason..glad I didn't burn any calories on this terd.

Old
06-27-2012, 07:35 AM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Sounds like Lebron James....have a team in mind but still listening to other teams.

Old
06-27-2012, 07:47 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by NvincentYvalentineR View Post
Look at the Brad Richards situation.

If Richards had set his heart on New York, why all the meetings with x # of teams to let them pitch their offer, then take and consider all offers, he could have agreed on July 1st or 2nd if he only had eyes for the Rangers. Just sayin'

The kid could have his heart set on Van but at least want to hear every one out.
I don't think Richards had his heart set on the Rangers for sure either. He liked the situation and knew they were a top choice, but I think he wanted to hear who had the best offer before he made up his mind.

Old
06-27-2012, 07:49 AM
egelband

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackpot View Post
Such hype for no reason..glad I didn't burn any calories on this terd.
I know how you feel. This guy appears to have used a loophole to screwover Anaheim. Then used his leverage to get a top four role and/or play with his buddy or near his family. All the while stringing along a bunch of teams and fanbases.

That said, I'll wait til its all said and done to judge. The press has very little to write about now and is likely makingup a lot of this.

Schultz could be totally above-the-board and just a victim of the press. Wouldn't be the first time. Let's see.

Old
06-27-2012, 07:54 AM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

Quote:
I don't think Richards had his heart set on the Rangers for sure either. He liked the situation and knew they were a top choice, but I think he wanted to hear who had the best offer before he made up his mind.
I dunno I think Richards wanted here all along. Shultz may be no different (although not with us)

Say Shultz he had his heart set on Toronto. Why would he not just sign with Toronto? If he had his heart set on Vancouver, why the entire charade? We both know why. If he states he wants to sign with team X or team Y, then it becomes a hand of poker. Shultz flopped a royal flush, why push every one out of the pot and limit his options, instead let every one else do his work for him and throw out bets first to ensure he gets the most money out of his hand. He says I want to sign with team X, he reveals his hand and screws his negotiating power. This is simply a negotiating ploy to ensure he gets the best contract available.

Richards knew he wanted to sign here, but if he states its NYR only then what is to stop Sather from ponying up the dough he did. Richards may be on a 5 mil AAV instead of 6.667 or whatever it is. These guys know where they want to go, they just use other teams as bargaining chips to ensure they get what they want (playing time & max contract).

Old
06-27-2012, 07:56 AM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by NvincentYvalentineR View Post
I dunno I think Richards wanted here all along. Shultz may be no different (although not with us)

Say Shultz he had his heart set on Toronto. Why would he not just sign with Toronto? If he had his heart set on Vancouver, why the entire charade? We both know why. If he states he wants to sign with team X or team Y, then it becomes a hand of poker. Shultz flopped a royal flush, why push every one out of the pot and limit his options, instead let every one else do his work for him and throw out bets first to ensure he gets the most money out of his hand. He says I want to sign with team X, he reveals his hand and screws his negotiating power. This is simply a negotiating ploy to ensure he gets the best contract available.

Richards knew he wanted to sign here, but if he states its NYR only then what is to stop Sather from ponying up the dough he did. Richards may be on a 5 mil AAV instead of 6.667 or whatever it is. These guys know where they want to go, they just use other teams as bargaining chips to ensure they get what they want (playing time & max contract).
Thing is Schultz is going to get the same contract where ever he'll sign.

Old
06-27-2012, 07:58 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
Thing is Schultz is going to get the same contract where ever he'll sign.
exactly

he still would have leverage to say to a team like Vancouver "I want to sign with you, you're my first choice, but you have to give me the max contract and bonuses or I'll start soliciting offers from other teams"

Old
06-27-2012, 08:05 AM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

Quote:
exactly

he still would have leverage to say to a team like Vancouver "I want to sign with you, you're my first choice, but you have to give me the max contract and bonuses or I'll start soliciting offers from other teams"
Maybe Vancouver doesn't guarantee him a top 4 spot if its just them in the running. Maybe they say you will start out as #6 or in the AHL, my point is its not just about money, its all things considered. I know he will get the max rookie contract wherever he goes.

By doing this, he saves himself the trouble of having to negotiate and let other teams bid up and do the work for him, each promising him the moon. Vancouver may not promise him the moon the way other teams will but it will at least force them to up the ante a little bit.

Old
06-27-2012, 08:33 AM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Quote:
McKenzie:

LOL @ that

Old
06-27-2012, 08:38 AM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

There is a difference between what Schultz wants and what his agent advises him to do. He may want to just bypass this whole process and sign with Vancouver, but his agent most likely is advising him to at least do his due diligence and meet with other clubs to see what they have to offer. In the end though, Schultz makes the final decision.

Old
06-27-2012, 09:00 AM
lundy

Whatever, if the he wants to play in Canada that's fine. If you had the opportunity to pick the team you'd play for don't act like you wouldn't be desperate to play near your family or for a team you loved growing up.

Closed Thread