HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers interested in Justin Schultz, Part II - The "Fans Praying" Edition

View Poll Results: Would you be willing to guarantee Schultz an NHL spot to get him to sign?
Yes 101 64.74%
No 55 35.26%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
06-27-2012, 09:08 AM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
There is a difference between what Schultz wants and what his agent advises him to do. He may want to just bypass this whole process and sign with Vancouver, but his agent most likely is advising him to at least do his due diligence and meet with other clubs to see what they have to offer. In the end though, Schultz makes the final decision.
That is the point I was trying to make. I don't know it as much about due diligence though as him keeping leverage against the team he ultimately wants to sign with.

06-27-2012, 09:11 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

vCash: 500
No reports on twitter about when the show is starting. TSN has someone stationed outside the building. You know they do.

Old
06-27-2012, 09:18 AM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

I called Vancouver from the get-go. It just makes sense. They're an elite team in an awesome city where his family and friends are close by. Plus, he has two the games best playmakers feeding him pucks on the PP.

NYC or Van is a winning situation for him. Take it from someone who has little say in what city or state he gets to work in. If I had a choice of NYC or anywhere in the world, I'm picking the place with Spumoni Gardens, Arthur Avenue and SoHo models every time.

Old
06-27-2012, 09:28 AM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
Seriously? So what is he supposed to do? Lie and say he's going to end up in Florida just so he doesn't seem biased to Canada?
Don't you get it? He clearly does want Florida, but Captain Canada is just making a story to sell newspapers. That's what this is all aboot. How do we even know that he's from Canada? Has anyone seen his birth certificate? I know I haven't.

Old
06-27-2012, 09:38 AM
Tawnos
BoH Mod Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Don't you get it? He clearly does want Florida, but Captain Canada is just making a story to sell newspapers. That's what this is all aboot. How do we even know that he's from Canada? Has anyone seen his birth certificate? I know I haven't.
No one said he's making it up. Sometimes he exaggerates and other times he couches what he's saying in vague terms. A statement from McKenzie saying "some NHL teams believe he's destined for Vancouver" doesn't actually mean that's his likely destination. "some" could be 3, could be 5, could be 15. The point is that the language McKenzie uses there is purposefully ambiguous in order to pique interest.

Did you watch the draft coverage that we got from TSN? Major emphasis on the Canadian teams. Bob works for TSN. Do you think he's exempt from doing the same thing?

Old
06-27-2012, 09:40 AM
LordsCup*

31 what are you going to say when he signs with a canadian team? Youve been bashing Bob left and right cause hes posting "speculative" and "biased" info to get hits on his page.

A nice apogolgy on this thread would be nice cause we had to read your crying about it for the past 3 weeks.

Old
06-27-2012, 09:44 AM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Vancouver does make a lot of sense.

Too bad. He would have been a nice fit here.

Old
06-27-2012, 09:50 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

LeBrun thinks the Rangers have a shot here. Meehan is handling these talks with Arnott. Slats and Meeehan are tight. http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...hultz-heats-up

Old
06-27-2012, 09:51 AM
JanErixon20

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
No reports on twitter about when the show is starting. TSN has someone stationed outside the building. You know they do.
They are having a TV show for this? Is this guy Bobby Orr?

Old
06-27-2012, 09:52 AM
Lundsanity30

I'm still saying us or Vancouver

Old
06-27-2012, 09:53 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanErixon20 View Post
They are having a TV show for this? Is this guy Bobby Orr?
I think he just meant when Schultz and his agent start considering offers, not that they're putting on a show. TSN might be putting on a show but that's because they're crazy

Old
06-27-2012, 09:57 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

I can't believe the hate that the kid is getting.

He's been an official free agent for all of 2 days; he's running an orderly process whereby he meets with his advisers and then evaluates his options in the space of another 2 days; and all indications are he plans to make a decision in a timely manner thereafter. Completely rational and the way I would advise him to proceed.

But, because he hasn't decided NOW, immediately, gimme, gimme, gimme and because Canadian sports channels are feeding the beast with vague rumors to keep up readership, somehow he's gone from the great white hope to an absolute ******* in the space of 24 hours. Unbelievable.

Take your time, kid - do it right. I hope you wind up coming to NY, in part because I legitimately think it's the best option for you and in part for selfish reasons, but so long as you don't drag it out all summer, you'll have my respect.

Old
06-27-2012, 09:57 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordsCup View Post
31 what are you going to say when he signs with a canadian team? Youve been bashing Bob left and right cause hes posting "speculative" and "biased" info to get hits on his page.

A nice apogolgy on this thread would be nice cause we had to read your crying about it for the past 3 weeks.
The log out button is up top. No one is forcing you to read anything.

Old
06-27-2012, 09:58 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

TSN had a reporter and camera last July 1 to watch NHL execs enter and leave the offices of Newport.

Old
06-27-2012, 09:59 AM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordsCup View Post

I think you've got the wrong guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
No one said he's making it up. Sometimes he exaggerates and other times he couches what he's saying in vague terms. A statement from McKenzie saying "some NHL teams believe he's destined for Vancouver" doesn't actually mean that's his likely destination. "some" could be 3, could be 5, could be 15. The point is that the language McKenzie uses there is purposefully ambiguous in order to pique interest.

Did you watch the draft coverage that we got from TSN? Major emphasis on the Canadian teams. Bob works for TSN. Do you think he's exempt from doing the same thing?
Yes, I watched TSN's draft coverage (I'm Canadian). Of course the major emphasis was on Canadian teams. But that's totally different from giving out false and/or misleading information.

Old
06-27-2012, 10:01 AM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

Quote:
TSN had a reporter and camera last July 1 to watch NHL execs enter and leave the offices of Newport.
There's no Justin Schultz special this year

Old
06-27-2012, 10:04 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

LeBrun also mentioned the Wings. Brendan Smith is attending his SIXTH prospects camp with the Wings. McDonagh has established himself as one of the top D in the entire league while his buddy Brendan Smith is still in PROSPECTS CAMP. That's an insult. They entered and left Wisconsin ar the same time. Smith is a Newport Sports client. Smith hasn't been given a chance to break the Wings line-up. They like veteran D.

Old
06-27-2012, 10:05 AM
JanErixon20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
I think he just meant when Schultz and his agent start considering offers, not that they're putting on a show. TSN might be putting on a show but that's because they're crazy
OK. I thought they were doing a whole ESPN/LeBron James thing for when he decides.

Old
06-27-2012, 10:06 AM
McDonagh
Slow it down 30GHz

vCash: 1350
I'd watch it.

Old
06-27-2012, 10:06 AM
NYR Viper

I would be surprised if he lasts until July 1st. He should take a week or 2 to speak with the teams interested and its possible someone sways him to go there. I just hope it is the Rangers.

Old
06-27-2012, 10:07 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
There's no Justin Schultz special this year
Their Sportscentre will have wall to wall Justin Schultz coverage. What else is there to discuss in Canada?

Old
06-27-2012, 10:17 AM
McDonagh
Slow it down 30GHz

vCash: 1350
Quote:
Their Sportscentre will have wall to wall Justin Schultz coverage. What else is there to discuss in Canada?
Sometimes they show those Toronto Blue-somethings on there. It's just always the same guy hitting the ball over the fence, though.

Old
06-27-2012, 10:20 AM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
Quote:

Justin Schultz: The Decision. Have him announce who he signed with on a live show hosted by James Duthie.

Old
06-27-2012, 10:34 AM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

Quote:
Last week's snowshoe races. The upcoming Toboggan World Series.

Old
06-27-2012, 10:34 AM
Blueshirt Believer

The hype for this kid is completely overblown. He isn't going to live up to how much attention he is getting. At the end of the day, the kid is like 185 lbs, and will look undersized in his first NHL season.

I bet he spends his first season in AHL just getting some size.

Closed Thread