HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Purchasing Tickets on Craigslist

Old
06-11-2012, 12:44 AM
KrazyKings

vCash: 500
Purchasing Tickets on Craigslist

Hey guys.

I found some pretty nice priced tickets on craigslist and got in communication with the guy and asked how he's taking payments for the tickets and asked how I would know the tickets are legit and whatnot.

He responded with this email:

Because they will be transfered from our ticket account, not just emailed over! All we have is Money Pack which is a paypal and ebay company and its safe and secure, but you cannot do it online. You would have to go to a retailer that carries it and there is a flat $4.95 fee if you are interested in that let me know and ill give you stores and instructions on it. There is no paper work and its super simple!

Are there any ticket holders that have ever heard of anything like this? I've never heard of anything but I thought I might get some insight on it since it really would be a sweet deal if true. As of now I'm leaning against the whole idea, just wondering if maybe anyone else has any experience with something like this.

Thanks dudes.

(Mods please merge wherever necessary, Thanks!)

KrazyKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 01:01 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Personally, I would try to arrange to meet the person at a public place with people there like say, Starbucks at LA Live for example, and ask if you can pay in cash. If they're season seat holders, they should have the physical tickets.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 01:42 AM
simonsez

I've bought many, many Kings tickets on Craigslist over the past several years. That said, you're nuts to look there for Stanley Cup tickets. There are people selling fake tickets on there and it's just too risky. That seller's message sounds like a red flag to me too.

And don't think just because someone will meet you in person, you're not going to get ripped off with some fake tickets.

Just go with ebay, stubhub, barry's tickets, etc. Pay the extra $50 or whatever it is over the craigslist prices - it's worth the peace of mind to know you'll actually get in to the game.

simonsez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 01:43 AM
Muzzfan

It's Possible...

I've emailed tickets to my friends dozens of times. I don't know who the individual is and what their motives are, but I can tell you that the technology exists to do this through Ticketmaster.

Hope it all works out well for all involved.

Go Kings!

Muzzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 02:19 AM
Mory Schneideur*
Mory's Better!

I would avoid them. Devils & Kings fans have been caught in some scams on Craigslist involving selling scanned tickets, fakes and things of the sort.

Mory Schneideur* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 03:15 AM
123slam

Absolutely avoid them. I had set up an arrangement with someone on Craigslist to buy their tickets (which they also got off Craigslist), only to find out that the dude got scammed by the other person by going through an outside service like this Money Pack. Don't do it. Not unless you can meet them in person, preferably their house so you can torch it if they scam you.

123slam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 01:18 PM
MollerManor

DO NOT DO THIS. 100% do not.

This is literally the equivalent of a nigerian prince knocking on your front door.

I have sold a lot of tickets on craigslist, even to folks on these boards.

It is a simple process:

if they are a season ticket holder, have them show you their season ticket book to show they are his tickets. It should also have their real name on it.

if it is a random person make sure you have their license plate, phone number, home address,... any info you can get.

Also ask if they can send over the email of the pdf tickets if they are printed tickets. you can view the confirmation from ticketmaster.

Follow those rules and you should be 99.9999% in the clear.

MollerManor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 03:24 PM
dabeechman

Hard tickets don't mean ***** if the dude prints them out. Hard tickets get voided, he sells them to you. He enjoys the game + your money and you're stuck at the entrance with bad tickets.

I wouldn't buy anywhere but stubhub for these games, or in person if the guy is willing to walk through the door with you.

dabeechman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 04:34 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Sounds like Money Pack is the equivalent of Western union. Once you send your money, it will be long gone.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 05:00 PM
Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabeechman View Post
Hard tickets don't mean ***** if the dude prints them out. Hard tickets get voided, he sells them to you. He enjoys the game + your money and you're stuck at the entrance with bad tickets.

I wouldn't buy anywhere but stubhub for these games, or in person if the guy is willing to walk through the door with you.
True, but if he had the hard ticket and then printed it out, it means he's a season ticket holder, and you're holding the ticket in hand for the seat the guy is sitting in. Wouldn't be too bright on his part.

Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 10:39 PM
dabeechman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
True, but if he had the hard ticket and then printed it out, it means he's a season ticket holder, and you're holding the ticket in hand for the seat the guy is sitting in. Wouldn't be too bright on his part.
Why?

This exact thing happened to me, and there wasn't a damn thing I could do about it.

dabeechman is offline   Reply With Quote