HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs Development Camp

Old
06-16-2012, 02:57 PM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Issacar View Post
Can he adapt to a new position? Not saying he can't, but not everyone can. Also I have issue transforming a RW into a LW when the RW pool at NHL level is rather thin.

Also I'd rank Geoffrion, Conboy, Slaney and Massé before Kristo on LW.
Slaney and Masse probably won't be signed. Conboy isn't better and Geoffrion might be played ahead of Kristo due to default of Geoffrion having NHL experience and all.

Analyzer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 03:02 PM
Issacar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Seriously? Well we'll stop right there 'cause to me, that makes no sense whatsoever. Only think they got him is experience. Yet, they'll always have more experience than him until we throw them out. But if Slaney is still playing for us we are in deep trouble. And I never thought Massé was a real player for us but just a response at the time to the Bruins getting Riendeau. Conboy? Well that's intriguing 'cause you actually need to know soon what he can do for you in a higher level if he'll ever be able to do something. But at the end of the day, maybe minus Geoffrion, Kristo would gradually be a key player for the Dogs. But hey that's just a matter of opinion I guess.
Agreed, they'll always have more experience because htey are simply older. But right now their experience factors in more then Kristo's actual talent level, I'm just speaking as of right now. Eventually (perhaps next season) Kristo talent level will factor in better.

Slaney is only a depth player for the Bulldogs, even your farm team do need that kind of player.

Massé is in the same situation as Slaney.

I don't believe that Conboy will ever reach the NHL, however he is a very good asset for the Bulldogs (more then Slaney and Massé). On that premise I'd try to retain him with the Bulldogs for as long as possible.

Obviously I didn't factored in that we already have too many C with the Bulldogs and some will play on LW (DeSimone, Dumont, Fortier are left handed).

Issacar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 03:06 PM
Issacar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Slaney and Masse probably won't be signed. Conboy isn't better and Geoffrion might be played ahead of Kristo due to default of Geoffrion having NHL experience and all.
I really don't care about Slaney and Massé being resigned or not, but we'll have to replace them somehow and I still don't think that Kristo can bring what they brought.

Conboy is a legit AHL player level, I don't care if he doesn't have NHL potential, he's been a good asset for the Bulldogs, he's a good example for younger players, it'd be tough to replace that.

Geoffrion skills are way more polished then Kristo at this point, ti's not fair for Kristo to compare both players.

Old
06-16-2012, 03:16 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Issacar View Post
I really don't care about Slaney and Massé being resigned or not, but we'll have to replace them somehow and I still don't think that Kristo can bring what they brought.

Conboy is a legit AHL player level, I don't care if he doesn't have NHL potential, he's been a good asset for the Bulldogs, he's a good example for younger players, it'd be tough to replace that.

Geoffrion skills are way more polished then Kristo at this point, ti's not fair for Kristo to compare both players.
But you're talking about the depth role of those players and who will take their place but what about the ones that will form the top 6? Who are they? Who are your already known key guys? We can say that we THINK Avtsin will do it or that Berger is there already but we don't know that yet. The sure things are that if Palushaj goes in Hamilton, he's amongst your top 6. No question. If Leblanc goes there, so is he.Engqvist if he goes back. Geoffrion. Who else are surefire top 6. For me, that 4 guys. Then, it's also possible that Enqvist leaves. Possible that Leblanc is a Hab. Possible that the Habs decide to let Palushaj go and do a Maxwell type of trade to try to give Palushaj a chance to shine elsewhere. But then we can also say that Naattinen's next step is top 6. And that guys like Gallagher will be ready. But just saying that as much as you don't see Kristo filling the roles of depth players, I say that filling the roles of top 6 players aren't easier either. And I don't want depth players to fill those roles either. Kristo would have a chance to fit in a top 6. And would even not look bad on a 3rd line with maybe more defensive oriented players that would make him be more aware of that part of his game.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 03:35 PM
Dagistitsyn

So Alain Berger has been impressive at camp again. Whats the deal with him? I had high hopes for him last year but he didn't do well with the Bulldogs at all. He has good size (6'4" 205 pounds) and a wicked shot, put up decent numbers in the OHL.. what held him back in the AHL?

I know his skating has been a problem but he has good positioning and goes to the net.. 47 games with Hamilton and only 1 goal 6 assists.

Dagistitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 03:37 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

He didn't get ice time and his skating was definitely a drawback. I think just like Nattinen, he looked better near the end of the season.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 03:43 PM
Issacar

Quote:
But you're talking about the depth role of those players and who will take their place but what about the ones that will form the top 6? Who are they? Who are your already known key guys? We can say that we THINK Avtsin will do it or that Berger is there already but we don't know that yet. The sure things are that if Palushaj goes in Hamilton, he's amongst your top 6. No question. If Leblanc goes there, so is he.Engqvist if he goes back. Geoffrion. Who else are surefire top 6. For me, that 4 guys. Then, it's also possible that Enqvist leaves. Possible that Leblanc is a Hab. Possible that the Habs decide to let Palushaj go and do a Maxwell type of trade to try to give Palushaj a chance to shine elsewhere. But then we can also say that Naattinen's next step is top 6. And that guys like Gallagher will be ready. But just saying that as much as you don't see Kristo filling the roles of depth players, I say that filling the roles of top 6 players aren't easier either. And I don't want depth players to fill those roles either. Kristo would have a chance to fit in a top 6. And would even not look bad on a 3rd line with maybe more defensive oriented players that would make him be more aware of that part of his game.
Geoffrion, Palushaj, Leblanc, Engvist, DeSimone + Avtsin/Gallagher/Holland/Dumont would be my top 6. None of these are depth players at the AHL level. Kristo on the 3rd line would have to face bigger guys who are there to grind him out of the ice rink, I don't think it'd be good for him to be put in such a situation.

I don't think we can afford to trde Palushaj, he's a good plug-in if we have injuries at the NHL level and right now I'd say Palushaj > Avtsin/Gallagher/Holland/Dumont.

I also believe that Palushaj is 2nd/3rd line material if we can hold on to him until then for about 2 more seasons.

Old
06-16-2012, 03:44 PM
Issacar

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrowe21 View Post
So Alain Berger has been impressive at camp again. Whats the deal with him? I had high hopes for him last year but he didn't do well with the Bulldogs at all. He has good size (6'4" 205 pounds) and a wicked shot, put up decent numbers in the OHL.. what held him back in the AHL?

I know his skating has been a problem but he has good positioning and goes to the net.. 47 games with Hamilton and only 1 goal 6 assists.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
He didn't get ice time and his skating was definitely a drawback. I think just like Nattinen, he looked better near the end of the season.
Same with Gabriel Dumont.

Experience and adaptation needs to be factored in. It was Berger's first pro season, give him time to develop.

Old
06-16-2012, 03:56 PM
Et le But

Curious to see how Berger does this year, I agree he looked better by the end of the season, a lot like Nattinen who went from looking like he belonged in the ECHL to one of the Dogs best players. Berger didn't improve quite that much but enough to get a chance this year. Minutes could be very competitive in Hamilton though, especially if Endqvist comes back.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 04:13 PM
Guilliam

Following reports from @DailyCanadiens on Twitter, it seems it was evident that Kristo was the most talented habs during skating and stickhandling drills and scrimmages today. In a line-up that includes many Bulldogs players.

What is he going to do and learn this year at ND that he hasn't done and learned already during the previous 3 years? I think he should test his skills against pro players. I also think that hanging around pro athletes would help him mature a lot more than going for a curtain call in the NCAA.

Guilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 04:18 PM
Booba
Bouger les pieds

Went to Brossard yesterday!

A few observations :

-Pribyl and Avtsin have good chemistry

-Avtsin wasn't shy. He communicated a lot with the trainers. With 2 years pro behind he was basically the veteran of his group which included Archambault, Cichy, Lefebvre, MacMillan, Pribyl, Holland and Kristo. He teamed up with Pribyl for a few drills and helped when he had difficulties.

-He (Avtsin) was really good during the skating drills. One of the trainers even pointed at him and (probably) said to the other prospects : "That's how you do it!"

-Pribyl and Archambault love to control the puck. Archambault spent a lot of time deking Pribyl and MacMillan and it was working most of time. This kids were having fun!

-Leblanc was on the ice, like half an hour before his group (the zamboni was still there when Leblanc jumped on the ice). He had a pile of stick next to him and was practicing his wrister.

-For a brief moment, Leblanc got into a small fight against Kristo. I thought that they were practicing their checks along the boards, but actually Leblanc was really pissed off. Then Archambault said something to him and Leblanc almost slashed him. I don't know why Leblanc was so pissed. Maybe he thought that Kristo and maybe Archambault were fooling around to much. (Archambault likes to shoot his rebound when the drill is technically over) Maybe it's an old rivalry (Did Kristo and Leblanc even played against one another in the NCAA?) Anyway, it only lasted a few seconds and Leblanc basically skated away from these two.

-Holland has a weak slapshot, probably the weakest among all prospects

-Archambault has an hard slapper but he has little accuracy. I think that he hit the cross bar twice but the rest of his shot hit the glass behind the net.

-Goaltenders Reichard and Dell stopped almost all the slapshot from the forwards (Probably around 95%). Cichy scored two goals in a row and he celebrated his exploit with Lefevbre

-Stejskal has the hardest slapshot. Nattinen and Pateryn also have very good shots.

That's it

By the way, I don't want to start false rumors. There is no animosity between Kristo and Leblanc. Kristo just tweeted : "Just finished final day of #habs development camp. Now off to dinner with my boy #louis leblanc" Maybe Leblanc is just too intense while practicing (kinda like PK )

Booba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 04:25 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
The best

vCash: 567
Wow, I am surprised you did not know...Kristo and Leblanc were linemates in 2008-09 when they played for Omaha in the USHL. They are real close friends.

They also dominated this afternoon's scrimmage, which was 2 periods of 15 minutes. Easily the 2 top performers out there in a game with no defence being played.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 04:31 PM
poetryinmotion

LOL did Kristo actually tweet that?

And if they were linemates before, how does he not know how Leblanc practices?

Anyhow, of course Leblanc is intense in practice... I remember when PK kept putting him on his ass and he got up each time and gave the goalie a couple of pokes, and PK put him down again. Then someone came in and actually almost got in a fight with Subban about it (Weber?).

tldr: PK and LL are both very intense in prac.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 04:42 PM
Issacar

Welp, Kristo is proving me wrong

At this point I find it intriguing how further he can evolve through the summer, if he shows up at the camp and performs really well, he might jsut end up signing a pro contract. Anyhow I'm glad that he has surpassed my expectations.

Also, great post Booba.

Old
06-16-2012, 04:49 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Probably not Walsh or Sullivan, but I wonder if they gonna bring back Ellis and maybe Delmas (if he is cleared to practise) to part 2.

Habs Prospects website
habsprospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 04:55 PM
Dagistitsyn

How about Tinordi getting a breakaway goal today in the scrimmage?

@DailyCanadiens
#Habs Jarred Tinordi on a breakaway (!!!) gets one back for Red, down 6-3. #GoHabsGo

Kinda funny / odd to hear.

Dagistitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 05:10 PM
Kenny Powders

Anyone got vids of the drills and wtv?

I want to see Tinordi / Pribyl / Avtsin / Kristo

Kenny Powders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 05:10 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrowe21 View Post
How about Tinordi getting a breakaway goal today in the scrimmage?

@DailyCanadiens
#Habs Jarred Tinordi on a breakaway (!!!) gets one back for Red, down 6-3. #GoHabsGo

Kinda funny / odd to hear.
Shades of Komisarek stripping Roberts of the puck and scoring on a breakaway

I need footage!

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 05:15 PM
vad87

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post

I need footage!
He also scored in a breakaway during the last WJHC

vad87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 05:25 PM
Wongchenyuk27
#WONGCHENYUK

It could be really nice to see some videos of that camp

Wongchenyuk27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 06:02 PM
Guilliam

@DailyCanadiens said there weren't any cameras but he took some vids with his phone. I guess he'll post them on allhabs.net eventually.

Yes, I spent my whole day reading his tweets instead of working on a paper that his due this week.

Guilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 07:04 PM
ChoseLa

Kristo will get to talk about contract with the Habs, i'm pretty sure, Bergevin will call him in his office before he leaves Montreal.

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 07:30 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
espoir méconnu

Means hopeful ?

This camp helps bid some time until the Draft.
Means unknown.

QuebecPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 07:34 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
Thanks for the extensive report. I do have to question your assessment of Bournival's skating... Average? Really? Bournival is a very very good skater.
Agreed, Bournival has NHL-speed right now. One of our best skating prospect not-named Beaulieu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I agree with this. In hindsight, the past couple seasons playing in the KHL might have been better for his development.
He should've played with Montréal in the 'Q on the same line as Leblanc, that would've been ideal. Then go to the AHL at the same time as him.

Quote:
I don't see as much grit in his game. I mean, in his worst days, we could maybe expect a Éric Bélanger out of Bournival.
He's not mean at all, but he lays pretty good hits, and stands his ground along the boards. Seems like he has no hate in him.

Last edited by QuebecPride: 06-16-2012 at 07:44 PM.
QuebecPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-16-2012, 07:37 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post

I need footage!
it was an errant pass by McCabe, i think he scored on his own net that year too.

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote