HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs Development Camp

Old
06-14-2012, 11:46 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

vCash: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Your Canadiens View Post
Saw a lot of questions earlier in the thread.

Hope my report, now that it's up, answers some of them!

http://www.allhabs.net/canadiens-pro...t-camp-part-1/
Great report, thanks for the time you took to write it up, really, really appreciated

Vasculio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 08:43 AM
NJHABSFAN

vCash: 500
Great report Thanks For keeping us stateside guys informed. Really appreciated.

NJHABSFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 09:29 AM
MXD

I might have missed it, but why Bennett isn't there?

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 10:50 AM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
I might have missed it, but why Bennett isn't there?
I have no idea but last year he came in part 2 after the draft, so maybe it's the same this year.

Habs Prospects website
habsprospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 10:55 AM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Is this still ongoing tomorrow? I am thinking of going.

HH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 11:00 AM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Your Canadiens View Post
Saw a lot of questions earlier in the thread.

Hope my report, now that it's up, answers some of them!

http://www.allhabs.net/canadiens-pro...t-camp-part-1/
Thanks for the update Dan,I really enjoy reading your work and hope the Habs sign both Dell and Pribyl to contracts this summer.Hamilton would be just a rocking good team when they all get confidence which shouldn't be a problem with the group joining the Bulldogs this season.

S Bah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 11:07 AM
Et le But

I have a good feeling about Pribyl. He might not be as flashy as Avtsin and he needs to work on his skating to make the NHL, but he seems more well rounded in every other way, and appears to have the right attitude too. Shame he has another year in the Czech league (A league I don't trust for development), hopefully he is willing to come over after that.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 11:10 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I have a good feeling about Pribyl. He might not be as flashy as Avtsin and he needs to work on his skating to make the NHL, but he seems more well rounded in every other way, and appears to have the right attitude too. Shame he has another year in the Czech league (A league I don't trust for development), hopefully he is willing to come over after that.
Really pissed that he didn't join the CHL....I'm sorry but as an organization, I would put some kind of pressure on my players to jump ship at some point. The players mostly look at you as an organization and give the team the choice to do whatever they want to make him progress. Lately, we've been asking the question to the players.....Those prospects needs some guidance. Of course, when a player really feels he's not ready, then you don't force him. But somehow, I believe that this whole "do what you want" is mainly the reason, for example, that Kristo will be wasting his time in ND next year. If I'm not wrong, didn't I hear Kristo saying that his decision came around the fact that the Habs didn't have a GM so he had to decide on his own....I'm sorry but that was a no-brainer decision by the management, and whether it was coming from Molson, Timmins or Carrière who were still in place and still had some power in the team even with no GM, they should have let Kristo know that he was needed here. This whole "I'm going to win a championship next year" is pure fiction. I just don't see ND in that position whatsoever. May be mistaken but even if they were, that just don't cut it compared to a full season of pros in Hamilton.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 11:18 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Really pissed that he didn't join the CHL....I'm sorry but as an organization, I would put some kind of pressure on my players to jump ship at some point. The players mostly look at you as an organization and give the team the choice to do whatever they want to make him progress. Lately, we've been asking the question to the players.....Those prospects needs some guidance. Of course, when a player really feels he's not ready, then you don't force him. But somehow, I believe that this whole "do what you want" is mainly the reason, for example, that Kristo will be wasting his time in ND next year. If I'm not wrong, didn't I hear Kristo saying that his decision came around the fact that the Habs didn't have a GM so he had to decide on his own....I'm sorry but that was a no-brainer decision by the management, and whether it was coming from Molson, Timmins or Carrière who were still in place and still had some power in the team even with no GM, they should have let Kristo know that he was needed here. This whole "I'm going to win a championship next year" is pure fiction. I just don't see ND in that position whatsoever. May be mistaken but even if they were, that just don't cut it compared to a full season of pros in Hamilton.
Oh, I agree with you, and I blame the organization being passive more than the players themselves. I mean I wouldn't want to step on the toes of the team with Pribyl's rights - I think it's a good idea to have mutual trust with European clubs for future scouting and contract purposes, but they should pressure his agent to force a buyout.

The CHL would have been perfect for him improving his skating and ability to handle traffic. The Czechs seem to have no emphasis on skating - it seems like every Czech prospect has a skating issue.

On the other hand, at least he's not being thrown off the deep end like Avtsin, so it could be worse.

Old
06-15-2012, 11:19 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Whatever happened to Trunev?
He is staying in Russia from the sounds of it.

Quote:
He was under contract with Sparta Praha so it becomes a matter of money to buy out his contract since the Czech Rep is not apart of the current PTA between the IIHF and NHL.

As for Kristo I never heard that about the GM part, everything I heard was that he wants to win a National Championship but believe what you want.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 11:21 AM
MXD

Quote:

The CHL would have been perfect for him improving his skating and ability to handle traffic. The Czechs seem to have no emphasis on skating - it seems like every Czech prospect has a skating issue.

On the other hand, at least he's not being thrown off the deep end like Avtsin, so it could be worse.
Awesome comment, even if I somewhat disgress (Tomas Hyka has no skating issues whatsoever). Geez, even Plekanec had some skating issues back in the day, and is not a very good skater.

Old
06-15-2012, 11:21 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
Marty Mcguirre's saying that Kristo looks like a guy who doesn't care on the ice.
Here comes the blue guy. Ready?

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 11:24 AM
NotProkofievian

Pribyl also has some assets that will really come in handy when he's played by a coach who wants to emphasize them. He's very opportunistic around the net, and has a very good goal-scoring instinct when he sees a loose puck in a dangerous area.

The thing that I like about his game is that he's always trying to do something new. It's maddening when you see players on the big club gain the zone, get shut down, chase the puck down to our end only to do it again, and again, and again. He's always trying to change tempos, veer in different directions, button-hook, drop pass, toe-drag. Certainly not a one trick pony.

He is very raw, though, and will need development to reach the NHL. That development may never happen, so, it's good to remain patient.

NotProkofievian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 11:24 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
Get that skinny **** Leblanc a sammich and somethin heavy to lift up, and put back down a few times.
Sammich? You write like Al Capone. It's kind of cool. Are you like a thirties throwback guy? In a Fedora? Cool. I like your writing.

Old
06-15-2012, 11:26 AM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
Awesome comment, even if I somewhat disgress (Tomas Hyka has no skating issues whatsoever). Geez, even Plekanec had some skating issues back in the day, and is not a very good skater.
Almost everyone on the WJC Czech team was slow as all ****. I wasn't really watching Hyka, but Hertl, and Jaskin especially are about as quick as molasses in january.

Old
06-15-2012, 11:29 AM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
Sammich? You write like Al Capone. It's kind of cool. Are you like a thirties throwback guy? In a Fedora? Cool. I like your writing.
Never been a Fedora guy...or a hat guy, really. I feel great jealousy towards people who get to wear hats and glasses.

Old
06-15-2012, 11:30 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Almost everyone on the WJC Czech team was slow as all ****. I wasn't really watching Hyka, but Hertl, and Jaskin especially are about as quick as molasses in january.
Yup, IMO it's been the biggest issue in Czech hockey, at least as far as development goes.

I mean I'm no expert but it seems to be the biggest thing knocking down most of their best prospects - look at Hertl.

Old
06-15-2012, 11:31 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Never been a Fedora guy...or a hat guy, really. I feel great jealousy towards people who get to wear hats and glasses.
Get to? Have you not a forehead? Ears?

Are you Mr. Potato Head?

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 11:36 AM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Get to? Have you not a forehead? Ears?

Are you Mr. Potato Head?
Hats just don't work for me. I look like someone who's not allowed to be around elementary schools if I wear a ball cap.

And I would just feel like an imposter wearing glasses with no prescription in them. Maybe someone would discover my secret, and reveal it to the world: that mother****er doesn't really need glasses! POINT AND LAUGH!

Old
06-15-2012, 11:38 AM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Yup, IMO it's been the biggest issue in Czech hockey, at least as far as development goes.

I mean I'm no expert but it seems to be the biggest thing knocking down most of their best prospects - look at Hertl.
It's weird though, I don't know how you can spend as much time on the ice as the czechs do, and not be a good skater.

Old
06-15-2012, 11:49 AM
ChoseLa

You never know, both Kristo and Pribyl could walk out of that camp with a pro contract somehow. With the new management in place, Lapointe and Bergevin siting with them could change a lot of things in those kids heads.

ChoseLa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 11:53 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
He was under contract with Sparta Praha so it becomes a matter of money to buy out his contract since the Czech Rep is not apart of the current PTA between the IIHF and NHL.

As for Kristo I never heard that about the GM part, everything I heard was that he wants to win a National Championship but believe what you want.
Not about believing what I want.....as if I'm amongst the ones who fabricate stories....I think I heard that from him on a vid. I'll check and put it back here. If I'm wrong, you'll know about it. Never was afraid of admitting that I'm wrong as well.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 12:09 PM
bsl

Quote:
It's weird though, I don't know how you can spend as much time on the ice as the czechs do, and not be a good skater.
Good skating takes hours on your own, turning your wrong way a million times. Forwards and yes, backwards around the circles again and again (Yes, even forwards should do this) and lengthening and lowering your stride. Stop and go on the inside foot. Both sides. One leg balancing. Quick crossovers side to side, again and again. Hours and hours and hours. Years. No stick. I'm not sure how many kids do this at all any more.

Last edited by bsl: 06-15-2012 at 12:16 PM.
Old
06-15-2012, 12:16 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Not about believing what I want.....as if I'm amongst the ones who fabricate stories....I think I heard that from him on a vid. I'll check and put it back here. If I'm wrong, you'll know about it. Never was afraid of admitting that I'm wrong as well.
I was talking about this quote,

Quote:
This whole "I'm going to win a championship next year" is pure fiction
From what I heard it's the main reason why he wanted to return so based off what i heard it's not pure ficition.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2012, 01:25 PM
MXD

Quote:
Well, Hyka is a very agile and quick skater. One could say he was arguably the best skater (maybe not straight-speed wise) in the Q last season.

He's ultimately a guy I'd like to see the Habs grab at some point in the draft. Actually -- he'd probably be a better 3rd round pick than most guys mentionned for this.