HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > Mock Drafts
Mock Drafts Mock drafts for fun and fantasy here.

Melacez Mock Draft 2012

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-11-2012, 10:41 AM
  #1
Melacez
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: La Sarre
Country: Canada
Posts: 6
vCash: 500
Melacez Mock Draft 2012

First post ever

1. Edmonton : Nail Yakupov
2. Colombus : Filip Forsberg
3. Montreal : Ryan Murray
4. NY Islanders : Morgan Rielly
5. Toronto : Alex Galchenyuk
6. Anaheim : Teuvo Teravainen
7. Minnesota : Matthew Dumba
8. Carolina : Mikhail Grigorenko
9. Winnipeg : Griffin Reinhart
10. Tampa Bay : Jacob Trouba
11. Washington : Hampus Lindholm
12. Buffalo : Radek Faksa
13. Dallas : Cody Ceci
14. Calgary : Brendan Gaunce
15. Ottawa : Sebastian Collberg
16. Washington :Zemgus Girgensons
17. San Jose : Olli Maata
18. Chicago : Matt Finn
19. Tampa Bay : Tomas Hertl
20. Philadelphia : Dalton Thrower
21. Buffalo : Slater Koekkoek
22. Pittsburgh : Pontus Aberg
23. Florida : Derrick Pouliot
24. Boston : Brady Skjei
25. St. Louis : Tom Wilson
26. Vancouver : Nicholas Kerdiles
27. Phoenix : Malcolm Subban
28. NY Rangers : Henrik Samuelsson
29. New Jersey : Forfeit
30. Los Angeles : Stefan Matteau


Last edited by Melacez: 06-11-2012 at 11:34 AM.
Melacez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 11:44 AM
  #2
DuckJet
Ducks are math=Bad
 
DuckJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Funkytown
Country: Kazakhstan
Posts: 33,109
vCash: 69
Why undersized Teravainen when Grigorenko is in play? And Matt Dumba?

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 12:45 PM
  #3
Melacez
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: La Sarre
Country: Canada
Posts: 6
vCash: 500
Personally, I think the Ducks will draft a forward, so Teravainen pass in front of Dumba

For Grigorenko, I know he has a lot of talent but the russian factor affraid some team . Just look at Cherepanov and guy like Kuznetsov who fall the day of the draft

I think Mikhail will have the same draft that Couturier had last year, it's my opinion but I will not be shocked if the Ducks, the Canadiens or Maple Leafs decide to go with Grigorenko

But each year, we saw guys rise and falls and for me, it's gonna be Grigorenko because he has the russian factor and also, very difficult playoff with Quebec (maybe his mono affect him however). For me, Teravainen is a more safer pick than Grigorenko so that's the reason I saw him at the sixth place

sorry for my english, i'm french

Melacez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 01:26 PM
  #4
tbcwpg
Registered User
 
tbcwpg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,484
vCash: 500
I think the Jets would take Trouba over Reinhart if both are there at 9

tbcwpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 01:37 PM
  #5
Kessely Snipes
Great White North
 
Kessely Snipes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Regina, SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,365
vCash: 500
I think the Habs take Galy or Grigs, and I think whichever one is left the Leafs take unless they take Forsberg or trade up/down and maybe take a dman.

Kessely Snipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 02:03 PM
  #6
Melacez
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: La Sarre
Country: Canada
Posts: 6
vCash: 500
tbcwpg : When I look at Reinhart, I saw in him a "game changer" aspect. I think he's the guy who can elevates his game at another level when the moment is precious like he did during the WHL playoff and Memorial cup (For me, he was the best player for Edmonton beside Samuelsson). I will not be surprise if Winnipeg selects Trouba however

Kessely snipes : I think Bergevin will not take a chance at Grigorenko because he will not want has a chance to make a error. Galchenyuk is also a risk due his knee injury. If Colombus takes Murray in second place, I think Montreal will choose between Galchenyuk and Grigorenko for the 3rd pick. Being and Habs fan since I'm born, I just don't want Grigorenko

Sorry for my english another time

Melacez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 03:09 PM
  #7
DuckJet
Ducks are math=Bad
 
DuckJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Funkytown
Country: Kazakhstan
Posts: 33,109
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melacez View Post
Personally, I think the Ducks will draft a forward, so Teravainen pass in front of Dumba

For Grigorenko, I know he has a lot of talent but the russian factor affraid some team . Just look at Cherepanov and guy like Kuznetsov who fall the day of the draft

I think Mikhail will have the same draft that Couturier had last year, it's my opinion but I will not be shocked if the Ducks, the Canadiens or Maple Leafs decide to go with Grigorenko

But each year, we saw guys rise and falls and for me, it's gonna be Grigorenko because he has the russian factor and also, very difficult playoff with Quebec (maybe his mono affect him however). For me, Teravainen is a more safer pick than Grigorenko so that's the reason I saw him at the sixth place

sorry for my english, i'm french
Murray went on record this weekend saying the goal from a management standpoint the ducks will de-emphasize speed and place more emphasis on size and physicality. Dumba may be small but he hits like a truck. We're stacked with wingers. We only have one physical defenseman in Clark. Dumba before tt. Our biggest prospect need is a big top 6 potential center. Grigorenko over Dumba. Mikhail is on track to top out at 6'5 210 pounds. He's perfect.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 06:34 PM
  #8
Fozz
Registered User
 
Fozz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 6,092
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Murray went on record this weekend saying the goal from a management standpoint the ducks will de-emphasize speed and place more emphasis on size and physicality. Dumba may be small but he hits like a truck. We're stacked with wingers. We only have one physical defenseman in Clark. Dumba before tt. Our biggest prospect need is a big top 6 potential center. Grigorenko over Dumba. Mikhail is on track to top out at 6'5 210 pounds. He's perfect.
Sounds like good old pre-draft posturing to me. Besides, drafting according to current needs is a big mistake.

Fozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 11:20 PM
  #9
DuckJet
Ducks are math=Bad
 
DuckJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Funkytown
Country: Kazakhstan
Posts: 33,109
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
Sounds like good old pre-draft posturing to me. Besides, drafting according to current needs is a big mistake.
Then Teravainen is not the best player available at 6.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 12:29 AM
  #10
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
Milana <3
 
LatvianTwist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Houston
Country: Tibet
Posts: 17,667
vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melacez View Post
Personally, I think the Ducks will draft a forward, so Teravainen pass in front of Dumba

For Grigorenko, I know he has a lot of talent but the russian factor affraid some team . Just look at Cherepanov and guy like Kuznetsov who fall the day of the draft

I think Mikhail will have the same draft that Couturier had last year, it's my opinion but I will not be shocked if the Ducks, the Canadiens or Maple Leafs decide to go with Grigorenko

But each year, we saw guys rise and falls and for me, it's gonna be Grigorenko because he has the russian factor and also, very difficult playoff with Quebec (maybe his mono affect him however). For me, Teravainen is a more safer pick than Grigorenko so that's the reason I saw him at the sixth place

sorry for my english, i'm french
Really hope you're just referring to Cherepanov as a guy who fell, not a guy who bolted.

I can't see Grigs not going top 5.

My only thought would be to switch Määtta and Lindholm. Other than that, looks solid.

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 01:08 AM
  #11
IslandersFan17
Registered User
 
IslandersFan17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Myrtle Beach
Country: United States
Posts: 1,447
vCash: 500
I can live with Rielly if Murray is gone. However, I like Reinhart a lot as well and would not be surprised to see Snow make that type of move.

IslandersFan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 07:40 AM
  #12
Melacez
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: La Sarre
Country: Canada
Posts: 6
vCash: 500
DuckJet : This year draft is gonna be unpredictable because a lot of players has something that affraid the people. Injury for Rielly and Galchenyuk, Russian factor for Yakupov and Grigs, undersized shape for Teravainen etc. I will not be surprise if Grigs is drafted by Montreal or by Tampa Bay in 10th place.

LatvianTwist : I think Washington will made a surprising choice this year. Maata didn't impress me the games I saw him

IslandersFan17 : Like I said before, this year draft gonna be crazy. I agree with you with the fact that Reinhart could be draft by the Isles with the 4th pick



PS : thanks for comments, I really appreciate it

Melacez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 08:57 AM
  #13
IslandersFan17
Registered User
 
IslandersFan17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Myrtle Beach
Country: United States
Posts: 1,447
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melacez View Post
DuckJet : This year draft is gonna be unpredictable because a lot of players has something that affraid the people. Injury for Rielly and Galchenyuk, Russian factor for Yakupov and Grigs, undersized shape for Teravainen etc. I will not be surprise if Grigs is drafted by Montreal or by Tampa Bay in 10th place.

LatvianTwist : I think Washington will made a surprising choice this year. Maata didn't impress me the games I saw him

IslandersFan17 : Like I said before, this year draft gonna be crazy. I agree with you with the fact that Reinhart could be draft by the Isles with the 4th pick



PS : thanks for comments, I really appreciate it
I have been going from mock draft to mock draft and I have liked the fact that most fans have been having the Islanders go defense. The early mocks had the Islanders taking Forsberg and some even had the Islanders taking (Galchenyuk, whom happens to be the only forward who I would want)...

Your draft has the Islanders taking Rielly and Rielly falls into my category of the "usual suspects" for the Islanders along with Murray, Dumba, and Galchenyuk. Thus, I could see the Islanders passing on all four and taking someone like Lindholm or Girgensons because Snow tends to reach on players.

IslandersFan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 09:11 AM
  #14
Melacez
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: La Sarre
Country: Canada
Posts: 6
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandersFan17 View Post
I have been going from mock draft to mock draft and I have liked the fact that most fans have been having the Islanders go defense. The early mocks had the Islanders taking Forsberg and some even had the Islanders taking (Galchenyuk, whom happens to be the only forward who I would want)...

Your draft has the Islanders taking Rielly and Rielly falls into my category of the "usual suspects" for the Islanders along with Murray, Dumba, and Galchenyuk. Thus, I could see the Islanders passing on all four and taking someone like Lindholm or Girgensons because Snow tends to reach on players.
De Haan is a great example, Josh Bailey was also a reach for me. I have a good feeling that Garth will draft Rieilly or Reinhart

Melacez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 10:06 AM
  #15
Fozz
Registered User
 
Fozz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 6,092
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Then Teravainen is not the best player available at 6.
Based on who's assessment?

Fozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:25 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.