HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

So Proud of The Devils

Old
06-12-2012, 01:16 AM
Jared Ramsden
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Jared Ramsden Send a message via MSN to Jared Ramsden Send a message via Yahoo to Jared Ramsden
While the team unfortunately came up short of the ultimate prize, it was still an absolutely fantastic season to be a Devils fan. To miss the playoffs last season and come back this year and push all the way to the Cup Final was simply remarkable. Couldn't be prouder of this group who fought through a lot of adversity along this long 2 month journey. This was a TEAM in the truest sense of the word and they battled hard right till the bitter end. On to bigger and even better things next year!

2011-12: The start of a new making the playoffs streak!

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/CalDevil3219
Jared Ramsden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 01:29 AM
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!

I'm mad about this cause we were screwed. We may still have lost, but I think the team was completely deflated after that major penalty. I don't know if they got on the plane already or what, but didn't play with much of a pulse. We still could have lost though who knows? The 3-0 hole is hard to come back from. We did at least become the first team since the 45 Leafs or whoever it was to be down 3-0, and force a game 6.

Colorado the officiating wasn't good, but the team clearly didn't show up towards the end, and even in the beginning. Even Joe Sakic said it after the 5-0 blowout in game 1. Something like ''They weren't ready to play, and we were'' Had a chance to win in game 6 at home, but pissed it away getting shutout 4-0. Didn't even look like we even got on the plane to Denver for game 7.

Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 02:06 AM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
I'm mad about this cause we were screwed. We may still have lost, but I think the team was completely deflated after that major penalty. I don't know if they got on the plane already or what, but didn't play with much of a pulse. We still could have lost though who knows? The 3-0 hole is hard to come back from. We did at least become the first team since the 45 Leafs or whoever it was to be down 3-0, and force a game 6.

Colorado the officiating wasn't good, but the team clearly didn't show up towards the end, and even in the beginning. Even Joe Sakic said it after the 5-0 blowout in game 1. Something like ''They weren't ready to play, and we were'' Had a chance to win in game 6 at home, but pissed it away getting shutout 4-0. Didn't even look like we even got on the plane to Denver for game 7.
This, hell who knows we may actually of climbed out of a 3-0 hole (happened to US enough times) but then the ref decided to set a pick...That is the big problem, it is the combination of all the utter nonsense. Guys are not robots, it is tough to respond to all that nonsense. Doesn't change Games 1-3, or say the Kings wouldn't of still won tonight, or Wednesday.

Emperoreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 02:09 AM
BrodeursCups
Zajac flat out sucks

Send a message via AIM to BrodeursCups
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUnseenHand View Post
LA is clearly the better team. Better D, at least equivalent offensively (if not better), and a better goalie. They were just pathetic underachievers for the majority of the season. They finally got a coach that got the team to give a damn.
LA did not have the better goalie in this series. The Devils barely tested Quick. I left this finals extremely unimpressed with him.

BrodeursCups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 02:16 AM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

No way, both teams were really evenly matched. Only real lopsided aspect was special teams, which clearly the Kings were better at. Was the whole reason crazy bounces, and wackiness decided the majority of these games, because it was close as hell outside of special teams...our special teams sucked hard.

Emperoreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 02:42 AM
Stanley Cup 2012

You guys have a great team/great organization and 3-time Stanley Cup Champions! Im sure you are proud of your team. We wanted to get the first one out of the way and it was against a team with lots of tradition and history! Good luck next season!

Stanley Cup 2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 02:54 AM
Just Win
Free Larsson

vCash: 50
From lottery team to Stanley Cup final. When we did send Florida golfing, my expectations for the season were fulfilled. Then we beat the crap out of our two arch-rivals on the way to the final.

Does it hurt coming this close and having to leave with empty hands? Hell yeah, but the feeling of pride for this team is overwhelming it.

Also so many positives from this season. Henrique is simply awesome, Larsson played a very solid first half of the season and showed a lot of promise for the future, Marty still got it when it matters the most, Lou can still make the right roster decisions and we finally have found a good coach. Next season cannot start soon enough.

Just Win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 03:01 AM
Parise9Crosby87

i finally chilled out a bit i'm glad we got this far and peter deboer has done a great job with the new jersey devils and i hope zach and marty stays and play for us and we had one hell of a season who's says we can't make it back next year!

Parise9Crosby87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 03:03 AM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

this is the first time i've ever not known when my team's season was going to end. that's all i need to be proud of them.

Rhodes 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 03:08 AM
BrodeursCups
Zajac flat out sucks

Send a message via AIM to BrodeursCups
Watch the King's second goal. Tallinder got owned in the corner. Seriously, ****ing maimed. No excuse for that.

BrodeursCups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 03:09 AM
NastyNinoSays

Way to go Devs, no shame in your game.

NastyNinoSays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 03:42 AM
Karus

I am really proud of this team, they have come a long way from not making the playoffs last year to the Stanley Cup Finals this season. It was a nice run and I really enjoyed it. They just met a better, healthier and fresher team in the finals. The end result is disappointing, but at beginning of the season I wasn't sure if they are going to get into the playoffs. Everybody made a contribution, smaller or bigger, even the reserves. I'm waiting for more cup finals appearances in the future and I hope that they are going to win their fourth Cup sooner than later.

Karus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 03:50 AM
slammer

after this loss, all the fans from other teams cheering for us and giving the Devils credit for their amazing season is really lighten the darkness up!

thanks!

slammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 04:51 AM
Bondys Champagne
Who dey

I never expected this and I'm unbelievable proud of this team.

From Lottery to Stanley Cup Finals in one year? Only the Devils

It was a great year

Bondys Champagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 05:06 AM
DevilsAnimal*

This season has been like mass effect 3

the best game youve ever played for 99%, then a cluster **** of an ending

DevilsAnimal* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 05:30 AM
lboogie42*

this is just the start of the debeor and adam henrique era.

lboogie42* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 06:13 AM
scott99

Islander's fan here. First off, let me congratulate the Devils on an amazing season, from Lottery team to Stanley Cup Finalist. Simply amazing season.

The Devils have been my second favorite team since they moved to NJ in 1982. I have rooted for them big time since then. Was thrilled when they drafted Marty Brodeur, watched his first game ever. So ive been a fan for quite some time. I'm hurting as well, not as much as you guys, but it hurt just the same.

I'm hoping you guys somehow find a way of signing Parise, I know my Isle's have no shot at him, and pray the Rangers don't sign him, so I hope the Devils find a way of signing him. If they do, the Devils will be dangerous for years to come.

Best of luck in the offseason guys, you have a LOT to be proud of !

scott99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 06:15 AM
ILikeItVeryMuch*

It was a great ride, I am sorry but that non-call on Gionta will have me bitter for a long, long time.

ILikeItVeryMuch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 06:17 AM
RNCDevil

Echoing what has been said, It has truly been a wonderful season. If anyone here has some connections, I would be happy to pay for some post season thank you party to show the guys that their effort was appreciated.

RNCDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 06:23 AM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 50
You guys had an amazing season and surprised many.

Congrats from a Bruin's fan.

06-12-2012, 06:46 AM
StvBroDan
Let Go Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammer View Post
after this loss, all the fans from other teams cheering for us and giving the Devils credit for their amazing season is really lighten the darkness up!

thanks!
This:

StvBroDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 06:48 AM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
well coached, hard working and a likeable group of guys on your team. congrats on a great year

trueblue9441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 06:53 AM
StvBroDan
Let Go Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes 81 View Post
this is the first time i've ever not known when my team's season was going to end. that's all i need to be proud of them.
Heres to next year Rhodes

StvBroDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 06:57 AM
ILikeItVeryMuch*

ILikeItVeryMuch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 07:11 AM
Jersey Man
Mad Dog

This playoff run was unbelievable. I love my Devils and can't wait until preseason.

Jersey Man is offline   Reply With Quote