HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Around Hockey X (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Closed Thread

Old
01-22-2013, 02:49 PM
blahblah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev22 View Post
Didn't Johansen and Niederreiter play on the same line in Portland? Hmmm, might be worth putting a call out to Garth Snow.
How did that dude manage to get 1 point in 55 games last season? He seems to be producing in the AHL this season. I'm all for it, but he can't be cheap.

Old
01-22-2013, 02:57 PM
Double-Shift Lassé
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
How did that dude manage to get 1 point in 55 games last season? He seems to be producing in the AHL this season. I'm all for it, but he can't be cheap.
Would love to somehow get Nino to CBJ, and you're right, it won't come cheap. You have Savard and Erixon, and three first-round picks that I'd think would be configured somehow. Anyway...

Quote:
Arthur Staple ‏@StapeNewsday
GM Garth Snow: "All convos with players remain private, but I haven't heard from Nino himself that he's unhappy."

Arthur Staple ‏@StapeNewsday
Confirmed @KatieStrangESPN report that the agent for @thelnino25 asked #Isles for a trade, but team will not move him.

Old
01-22-2013, 03:00 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

I watched a Springy game earlier this year and Niño played for Bridgeport. He was by far their best player. Time to trade a young dman for him. Maybe Erixon straight up but I'd like it more if we gave them Savard plus

Old
01-22-2013, 03:03 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev22 View Post
Didn't Johansen and Niederreiter play on the same line in Portland? Hmmm, might be worth putting a call out to Garth Snow.
We've got JAM in the AHL also, which is pretty similar to the situation Nino's in now. I suspect that might not help Nino's attitude much.

EDIT: Personal discovery: I have this strange power in which I can spell "Dubielewicz" easily on the first try, but Neid Niederrie Nei Niederreiter's name keeps tripping me up.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!

Last edited by Viqsi: 01-22-2013 at 03:14 PM.
Old
01-22-2013, 03:40 PM
Iron Balls McGinty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
We've got JAM in the AHL also, which is pretty similar to the situation Nino's in now. I suspect that might not help Nino's attitude much.

EDIT: Personal discovery: I have this strange power in which I can spell "Dubielewicz" easily on the first try, but Neid Niederrie Nei Niederreiter's name keeps tripping me up.
Not sure what an undrafted prospect with potential to be good in the NHL versus a top draft pick who is expected to excel in the NHL have to do with each other.

In reference to NN, part of me sees the numbers he is putting up this year. The other part of me see his 55 games in the NHL last season with 1 single point and thinks Nikita Filatov.

Old
01-22-2013, 04:07 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Balls McGinty View Post
Not sure what an undrafted prospect with potential to be good in the NHL versus a top draft pick who is expected to excel in the NHL have to do with each other.
Simply that if we didn't have room for JAM it's questionable whether or not we'd have room for Nino. And it's lack of NHL playing time that allegedly led to this alleged trade request.

Old
01-22-2013, 04:13 PM
Iron Balls McGinty

Quote:
Simply that if we didn't have room for JAM it's questionable whether or not we'd have room for Nino. And it's lack of NHL playing time that allegedly led to this alleged trade request.
I look at it from the perspective that if we or anyone else goes through the effort of trading for him, its not so he can sit in the minors. It won't be cheap to get him. If anyone wants him bad enough, its not because they want him to play in the AHL.

Old
01-22-2013, 04:41 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

I'm surprised that no one has yet mentioned the Bruins call up of Rick Nash's best buddy, Aaron Johnson. Apparently he does not need to ride Rick's coattails to get a job with an NHL team and it is not solely the CBJ who are willing to put him out on NHL ice.

Old
01-22-2013, 04:51 PM
FANonymous

If we get Nino Niederreiter he has to wear 66 and become best friends with Nikita Nikitin.

Also we have to call him El Nino and play that old Chris Farley SNL clip whenever he scores a goal:

I HATH SPOKEN!!!

Old
01-22-2013, 05:45 PM
Iron Balls McGinty

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
I'm surprised that no one has yet mentioned the Bruins call up of Rick Nash's best buddy, Aaron Johnson. Apparently he does not need to ride Rick's coattails to get a job with an NHL team and it is not solely the CBJ who are willing to put him out on NHL ice.
Someone has to carry Zdeno Chara's bags.

Old
01-22-2013, 09:28 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:

Just spell it phonetically like you're from Boston.

Ninah Niedahahahahahahahahah.

Old
01-22-2013, 09:55 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Oilers down 6-1 at the end of the 1st, despite having no less than 15 future hall of famers on their roster.

01-22-2013, 10:04 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
Oilers down 6-1 at the end of the 1st, despite having no less than 15 future hall of famers on their roster.
15? I think not.

Obviously you're not including Yakupov, Schultz, Dubnyk, or Linus Omark.

Old
01-22-2013, 10:05 PM
Nikita Filatov

In some (former) Jacket news.... Methot has looked pretty darn good for Ottawa in the game I caught. Perfect situation for him to fall into, but I still don't regret that trade for a moment.

Haven't really caught any Flyers games except a little bit of the Sabres game but Voracek apparently has had a rough start along with most of their forwards. He has a HUGE void to fill on the right wing with Jagr leaving.

Old
01-22-2013, 10:21 PM
Firestorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
15? I think not.

Obviously you're not including Yakupov, Schultz, Dubnyk, or Linus Omark.
And Gagner.

Old
01-22-2013, 10:21 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Meanwhile, back in Minnesota...

Yes, that was the GWG by Erat. Suter was a -2 on the evening.
and yes, that's my creation, because I'm a vindictive ***** like that

Old
01-22-2013, 10:32 PM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
He's also +12m this year and +infinity BFF points with Parise.

Old
01-22-2013, 10:32 PM
bizzz*

Tarasenko didn't score tonight. Is his market value going down now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
And Gagner.
I thought Gagner and Hemsky are already hall of famers

Old
01-23-2013, 12:32 AM
Sore Loser
Since 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
DD-AA-NN - they could double shift
Surprised this wasn't outright called the "NADs" line...

Garth Snow mentioned to my favorite hockey insider that he has no plans to trade Nino Niederreiter at this time. The only issue I have with guys like this is that, disgruntled kids who demand trades early in their career typically have personality issues that will always hold them back. It's happened before where a guy has been dealt and gone on to have a solid career, but it's more often that the guy goes on to do absolutely nothing.

Nino and Ryan Johansen were linemates in Portland, together with Brad Ross. If the price is right, I wouldn't be against re-uniting them, as they certainly had some chemistry. I wouldn't go any further than ONE of Savard, Erixon, or one of the later first round picks.

I like the character and grit we're building. Nino Niederreiter fits right into that, if he brings the right attitude. I would have my doubts, however.

Old
01-23-2013, 07:11 AM
Nanabijou
Playoffs back at Nat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post
Surprised this wasn't outright called the "NADs" line...

Garth Snow mentioned to my favorite hockey insider that he has no plans to trade Nino Niederreiter at this time. The only issue I have with guys like this is that, disgruntled kids who demand trades early in their career typically have personality issues that will always hold them back. It's happened before where a guy has been dealt and gone on to have a solid career, but it's more often that the guy goes on to do absolutely nothing.

Nino and Ryan Johansen were linemates in Portland, together with Brad Ross. If the price is right, I wouldn't be against re-uniting them, as they certainly had some chemistry. I wouldn't go any further than ONE of Savard, Erixon, or one of the later first round picks.

I like the character and grit we're building. Nino Niederreiter fits right into that, if he brings the right attitude. I would have my doubts, however.
I agree with Savard or Erixon straight up, but no more than that. We can afford to give up one of our D to take a chance on Nino but anything more is too big of a risk.

I don't want any of our first round picks included in the deal. While the Rangers will undoubtedly pick up, I'm not so sure the Kings will make the playoffs this year. With all non-playoff teams vying for the lottery #1, we don't want to put ourselves in a Kessel situation.

Old
01-23-2013, 08:40 AM
Matt

Watching the Flyers games reminds me of the 2011/2012 Jackets

Old
01-23-2013, 08:47 AM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Yeah. They look dead in the water.

With the shortened season, if they don't get it turned around in the next 2-3 games, they can probably kiss the playoffs good bye.

Old
01-23-2013, 02:11 PM
Byrral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Who played Claude Giroux?

Old
01-23-2013, 02:26 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Meanwhile, back in Minnesota...

Yes, that was the GWG by Erat. Suter was a -2 on the evening.
and yes, that's my creation, because I'm a vindictive ***** like that
Could that goal tender have been any further out of position? I could have scored on that one.

Oh and I laughed.

Old
01-23-2013, 02:58 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Could that goal tender have been any further out of position? I could have scored on that one.

Oh and I laughed.
To be fair, that wasn't "out of position" so much as "the aftermath of coming after the puck and attempting to prevent a breakaway gone horribly, horribly wrong". Backstrom DID make it to the puck before Erat... and shot it directly into the logo on Erat's chest.

Still, it was awesome.

Closed Thread