HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around Hockey X (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Closed Thread

Old
01-23-2013, 08:20 PM
BluejacketNut

vCash: 500
Hard to believe that the Center Ice only has 2 HD channels out of 14

Old
01-24-2013, 11:27 PM
punk_o_holic

vCash: 50
Oilers got screwed on a disallowed tying goal with just over a minute. Oilers fans throw garbage onto the ice. With 4 seconds or so, Yakupov ties it up and has an epic celebration. Watch the highlights if you guys get a chance. Hopefully Oilers beats LA in OT.

Old
01-24-2013, 11:37 PM
bizzz*

Disallowed goal was scored on the PP when Carter took stupid penalty. And then in OT Richards was lazy to get off the ice, too many men and Gagner scores the game winner.

Old
01-24-2013, 11:51 PM
punk_o_holic

Here's the celebration. I'm a Oilers fan as well so I loved it. You guys might not like it though(to much for a regular season game).

Old
01-24-2013, 11:58 PM
Sore Loser
Since 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by punk_o_holic View Post
Oilers got screwed on a disallowed tying goal with just over a minute. Oilers fans throw garbage onto the ice. With 4 seconds or so, Yakupov ties it up and has an epic celebration. Watch the highlights if you guys get a chance. Hopefully Oilers beats LA in OT.
I thought it was the right call. The rule is, if the goaltender isn't afforded the opportunity to make a save, then the goal is disallowed. The fact that the player's skate was locked into his pad and he couldn't get up fits right in with that rule. The decision to not call a penalty was also correct, as the player was trying to get away from the goaltender.

The fans throwing stuff on the ice was tacky and unnecessary; and in the end proved to be so, as they came back and won anyhow. If I were one of the officials, there would have been one warning issued over the PA, followed by a penalty to the home team, as is allowed by the rule book.

It's game 3 of the season, not game 7 of the Cup finals.

Old
01-25-2013, 12:40 AM
punk_o_holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post
I thought it was the right call. The rule is, if the goaltender isn't afforded the opportunity to make a save, then the goal is disallowed. The fact that the player's skate was locked into his pad and he couldn't get up fits right in with that rule. The decision to not call a penalty was also correct, as the player was trying to get away from the goaltender.

The fans throwing stuff on the ice was tacky and unnecessary; and in the end proved to be so, as they came back and won anyhow. If I were one of the officials, there would have been one warning issued over the PA, followed by a penalty to the home team, as is allowed by the rule book.

It's game 3 of the season, not game 7 of the Cup finals.
Gagner was pushed into Quick and like you said, he tried to get away from the goalie so it should have counted. I think the way it happened annoyed me as well. Ref is saying it's a goal and tells Quick, "no, it's a good(or something like that)" after Quick went to him. Then the other ref/linesmen comes in and they have a meeting. Then they announced it as no goal for player being in the crease. If they said incidental contact, it's more understandable but not really if you got pushed into the goalie. Anyhow, doesn't matter, they won and I'm glad it happened like that.

I think he celebrated like that because they felt that they got screwed and then he went onto tie it up with seconds left. If that is the case, I think it's understandable. But to tell you the truth, even without the disallowed goal, I think he would have celebrated the same way or celebrated differently but over the top. That's how he is and doesn't do it to show the other team up(even if it is). He likes to have fun. He was over the top during training camp and his teammates said he's like that, even on assists. He brings energy but someone needs to tell him to calm down because eventually, the other team in a future game will go after him.

I thought you no longer get warnings for that type of delay of game. This sort of thing(beer/garbage throwing) has happened in Edmonton before. A game against Dallas. In fact after the game, they threw beer at the guilty ref and then admited that he did screw up.

Last edited by punk_o_holic: 01-25-2013 at 12:48 AM.
Old
01-25-2013, 12:47 AM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Awesome goal by Yakupov.

I believe there were people on this board who did not want him even if we had 1st overall.

Yep, worst offense in the league sure doesn't need goal scoring.

Old
01-25-2013, 01:04 AM
punk_o_holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
Awesome goal by Yakupov.

I believe there were people on this board who did not want him even if we had 1st overall.

Yep, worst offense in the league sure doesn't need goal scoring.
He also brings energy as well. To the fans and the team. We could use someone like that right about now. But at the same time, I am happy with the Murray pick(although it's not like we had a choice).

Anyhow, maybe we pick Mackinnon in this years draft.

Old
01-25-2013, 01:04 AM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Here's the celebration. I'm a Oilers fan as well so I loved it. You guys might not like it though(to much for a regular season game).
That celebration looked awfully Fleury-esque. And of course, that was against Edmonton.

Old
01-25-2013, 01:08 AM
punk_o_holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
That celebration looked awfully Fleury-esque. And of course, that was against Edmonton.

Not sure if it was true or if it was a joke but on TSN, they said Fleury tweeted something about Yakupov's celebration.

Also, I was too young(was a Oilers fan but wasn't a huge hockey fan back then) when that celebration took place so I wasn't one of those people who hated him for doing it. So for me liking Yakupov's celebration, noone can call me a hypocrite..

Old
01-25-2013, 07:46 AM
EspenK

We wouldn't have drafted him anyway.

Old
01-25-2013, 08:55 AM
BlueJacket2

That video of Yakupov makes me absolutely disgusted.

Old
01-25-2013, 09:27 AM
Double-Shift Lassé
Just post better

Quote:
He also brings energy as well. To the fans and the team. We could use someone like that right about now. But at the same time, I am happy with the Murray pick(although it's not like we had a choice).

Anyhow, maybe we pick Mackinnon in this years draft.
I try not to do water-under-the-bridge stuff, but my top reason for wishing to draft Nail (I actually advocated Galchenyuk even at No. 1) was this. He is an exciting player and has a big personality. Say what you want about lunchpail and hard-working and whatnot, but that would have gone a long way toward giving the fanbase something to cheer about. Not that that is the best reason to determine who's a #1 overall draft pick, but I don't think Nail is a guy you're gonna regret having from a talent accumulation perspective either.

That said, this particular celebration is almost facepalmingly over-the-top.

Old
01-25-2013, 09:27 AM
EspenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJacket2 View Post
That video of Yakupov makes me absolutely disgusted.
That we didn't get him in the draft?

Old
01-25-2013, 09:28 AM
EspenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassé View Post
I try not to do water-under-the-bridge stuff, but my top reason for wishing to draft Nail (I actually advocated Galchenyuk even at No. 1) was this. He is an exciting player and has a big personality. Say what you want about lunchpail and hard-working and whatnot, but that would have gone a long way toward giving the fanbase something to cheer about. Not that that is the best reason to determine who's a #1 overall draft pick, but I don't think Nail is a guy you're gonna regret having from a talent accumulation perspective either.

Well said.

Old
01-25-2013, 09:32 AM
Double-Shift Lassé
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
Well said.
I loved his World Juniors interview ("See you next time." "Thanks guys!") as much as any highlight reel.

Old
01-25-2013, 09:53 AM
BlueJacket2

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
That we didn't get him in the draft?

Not necessarily that. I like Murray. But just to see someone with the emotion that he does. Combined with seeing all of the Edmonton fans to crazy over it. Then just the fact that we didn't even have the opportunity we should of had, and deserved, to possibly draft him.

Also, when I see that, I see Tambellinis **** grin during the live coverage of the lottery.

Old
01-25-2013, 11:31 AM
CBJFan19*

Good news guys! we arent the most offensive inept offense in Hockey!
the flyers in 4 games are averaging .25 goals less then us!

also the Kings offense is pretty cold, lets hope it stays that way

Old
01-25-2013, 01:29 PM
Double-Shift Lassé
Just post better

Quote:
More than a generation after the historic "Miracle On Ice" game in the 1980 Winter Olympics, 58-year-old Mike Eruzione is parting with his iconic No. 21 USA jersey, hockey stick and other Olympic paraphernalia.
http://espn.go.com/olympics/hockey/s...-going-auction

Keeping the gold medal.

Old
01-25-2013, 02:41 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJFan19 View Post
On the other hand, according to this morning's Dispatch, we've given up more goals than any other NHL team. So we've got that going for us.

Old
01-25-2013, 03:33 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
On the other hand, according to this morning's Dispatch, we've given up more goals than any other NHL team. So we've got that going for us.
That's actually not true; Phoenix has allowed 16 in 4 games.

CBJ have allowed 15 in 4 games (3.75).
Carolina, Calgary, and Vancouver have allowed 12 in 3 games (4.0).
Washington has allowed 14 in 3 games (4.67).

Wait a minute....that's three playoff teams from last year, and one that barely missed.

Old
01-25-2013, 03:34 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:

also the Kings offense is pretty cold, lets hope it stays that way
Columbus is averaging 1.75 goals per game.

Philadelphia is at 1.25, Los Angeles at 1.33, Detroit at 1.67, and Florida at 1.75.

That's four playoff teams from last year there too.

Old
01-25-2013, 03:38 PM
CBJFan19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
Columbus is averaging 1.75 goals per game.

Philadelphia is at 1.25, Los Angeles at 1.33, Detroit at 1.67, and Florida at 1.75.

That's four playoff teams from last year there too.
Columbus is at 1.50
http://www.nhl.com/ice/teamstats.htm

Old
01-25-2013, 03:44 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quick thought on Yakupov.

Has anyone heard of this player? As a 20-year-old rookie on a team that had 96 points the year prior...
- He scored goals in five straight games
- Went two games without a point
- Then had 3 goals and 2 assists in his next four games

After 15 career games, he had 8 goals and 2 assists. I believe he actually led the league in goals scored at that point, as a 20-year-old rookie on a playoff team.

For the rest of his career, he had 4 goals and 1 assist in 38 games. He bounced around multiple levels of hockey after that, and retired a few years ago.

And most people have never heard of Daniel Goneau, and if you ask the Rangers board, most of them would either have never heard of him or would roll their eyes.

Point is, Nail Yakupov is three games into his NHL career. We don't know what the rest of his season is going to look like, let alone the rest of his career. We don't know either answer for Ryan Murray, or anyone else who was drafted this year. Sitting around and lamenting the fact that he's not here is crazy. His two goals wouldn't have made a damn bit of difference in the last two games.

Old
01-25-2013, 03:45 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Ah, not counting the shootout goal.

Okay, knock Detroit down to 1.33 GPG as well then.

Closed Thread