HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around Hockey X (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-13-2013, 09:18 PM
  #976
Sore Loser
HF Partner
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Spokane, WA.
Country: United States
Posts: 6,426
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphafox View Post
Well, those are probably the secondary rumors. Right now the big rumor with Philly is Byfuglien or Bouwmeester. (though how they get either of those cap hits to work is beyond me.)
Just ask any Flyers fan - the Flames are going to trade them Kiprusoff, Bouwmeester, Baertschi, and their next three first round picks, in exchange for Briere and Bryzgalov. The Flames are also picking up half of Kipper and Bouwmeester's contracts, and then are subsequently dealing the Flyers Jarome Iginla for future considerations.

You heard it here first.

Sore Loser is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 09:22 PM
  #977
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd
 
Matthew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 7,364
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Matthew
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphafox View Post
Well, those are probably the secondary rumors. Right now the big rumor with Philly is Byfuglien or Bouwmeester. (though how they get either of those cap hits to work is beyond me.)
The Philly cap situation right now is pretty entertaining.

In this rumor you have Buff's 5,200,000 cap hit vs Philly's less than 50,000 in cap space.

Matthew is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 09:22 PM
  #978
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd
 
Matthew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 7,364
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Matthew
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post
Just ask any Flyers fan - the Flames are going to trade them Kiprusoff, Bouwmeester, Baertschi, and their next three first round picks, in exchange for Briere and Bryzgalov. The Flames are also picking up half of Kipper and Bouwmeester's contracts, and then are subsequently dealing the Flyers Jarome Iginla for future considerations.

You heard it here first.
Wow, they didn't have to give up Kreider?

Matthew is offline  
Old
03-15-2013, 08:01 PM
  #979
Robert
Foligno family
 
Robert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KY & Lime Lake NY
Country: United States
Posts: 31,054
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
I have two wishes, the Flyers and Wings missing the playoffs and the Jackets pulling off a miracle season and making the playoffs....

Robert is offline  
Old
03-15-2013, 08:17 PM
  #980
leesmith
Still in.
 
leesmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 16,996
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
I have two wishes, the Flyers and Wings missing the playoffs and the Jackets pulling off a miracle season and making the playoffs....
Mine would be the same except NYR and LA missing the playoffs.

leesmith is offline  
Old
03-15-2013, 09:02 PM
  #981
Sore Loser
HF Partner
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Spokane, WA.
Country: United States
Posts: 6,426
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
Mine would be the same except NYR and LA missing the playoffs.
I'd like to combine them both ... I hate all of those teams, and we could really benefit from the Kings and Rags missing out. To add to that, Scott Hartnell would get hit in the groin with a 100mph slapshot, with no cup.

Sore Loser is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 10:20 AM
  #982
bester vaive
Fear the Titan!
 
bester vaive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 254
vCash: 500
Wrong thread. Sorry.

bester vaive is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 07:03 AM
  #983
Skraut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Enter city here
Posts: 10,358
vCash: 500
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...3633--nhl.html

Congrats to Jason Chimera for scoring a goal

Skraut is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 07:17 PM
  #984
Robert
Foligno family
 
Robert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KY & Lime Lake NY
Country: United States
Posts: 31,054
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
Not that many Western Conference fans care but the Rangers are only tied with Carolina in the second... 1-1... Carolina is a darn good team and organization; I can't believe the Rangers are so mediocre with Nash on the roster plus many other super stars...

Robert is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 07:37 PM
  #985
EspenK
Registered User
 
EspenK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 7,121
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Not that many Western Conference fans care but the Rangers are only tied with Carolina in the second... 1-1... Carolina is a darn good team and organization; I can't believe the Rangers are so mediocre with Nash on the roster plus many other super stars...
from reading the Rangers boards, it appears Richards is old and sucks, Gaborik is disinterested and sucks, their third & fourth lines were decimated by trades and letting UFA's walk. And Torts gets his share of the heat. So far Nash is the golden boy but if he has a couple of more goal-less game he'll be on the s-list too.


Last edited by EspenK: 03-18-2013 at 07:49 PM.
EspenK is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 07:39 PM
  #986
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd
 
Matthew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 7,364
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Matthew
I'm surprised that hasn't rubbed off on Nash yet.

Matthew is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 08:02 PM
  #987
Robert
Foligno family
 
Robert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KY & Lime Lake NY
Country: United States
Posts: 31,054
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
I'm surprised that hasn't rubbed off on Nash yet.
If the Rangers miss the playoffs I think Nash may quit the NHL and go the KHL....

Just kidding but if they do miss the playoffs and if Ricky isn't pissed he should be... jeez, being the first overall pick and a darn good one-missing the playoffs save one should cause nightmares....

Robert is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 08:33 PM
  #988
db2011
Registered User
 
db2011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 2,379
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
from reading the Rangers boards, it appears Richards is old and sucks, Gaborik is disinterested and sucks, their third & fourth lines were decimated by trades and letting UFA's walk. And Torts gets his share of the heat. So far Nash is the golden boy but if he has a couple of more goal-less game he'll be on the s-list too.
I've been lurking in there a bit, too, and many posters are missing AA and Duby. Some of their complaints sound so familiar (what's the identity?). And not everyone is thrilled with Nash. But yeah, Richards is taking a ton of heat

Looks like tonight's game is going to a SO

db2011 is online now  
Old
03-18-2013, 08:43 PM
  #989
Robert
Foligno family
 
Robert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KY & Lime Lake NY
Country: United States
Posts: 31,054
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidbklyn View Post
I've been lurking in there a bit, too, and many posters are missing AA and Duby. Some of their complaints sound so familiar (what's the identity?). And not everyone is thrilled with Nash. But yeah, Richards is taking a ton of heat

Looks like tonight's game is going to a SO
Big win for the Rangers in the SO.... guess who won the game? Rick Nash (Lundqvist was good too... )

Robert is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 08:46 PM
  #990
db2011
Registered User
 
db2011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 2,379
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Big win for the Rangers in the SO.... guess who won the game? Rick Nash
and we've seen that move before, haven't we?

let's go Devils tomorrow night

db2011 is online now  
Old
03-18-2013, 08:49 PM
  #991
EspenK
Registered User
 
EspenK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 7,121
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Big win for the Rangers in the SO.... guess who won the game? Rick Nash (Lundqvist was good too... )
actually JT Miller had the clinching goal. i tell you I like what I've seen from Miller. A bit of Calvert with a bit more muscle. Wouldn't have minded him in the deal after watching him play. Maybe instead of Dubi but its close.

The Rangers had gone 129 + minutes without a goal before Stepan potted the only one. It was like watching the Jackets.

EspenK is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 08:52 PM
  #992
Robert
Foligno family
 
Robert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KY & Lime Lake NY
Country: United States
Posts: 31,054
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidbklyn View Post
and we've seen that move before, haven't we?

let's go Devils tomorrow night
I actually have no dog in the metro NYC city fight but one thing I do know, never discount the New Jersey organization... great franchise...

Robert is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 08:54 PM
  #993
Robert
Foligno family
 
Robert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KY & Lime Lake NY
Country: United States
Posts: 31,054
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
actually JT Miller had the clinching goal. i tell you I like what I've seen from Miller. A bit of Calvert with a bit more muscle. Wouldn't have minded him in the deal after watching him play. Maybe instead of Dubi but its close.

The Rangers had gone 129 + minutes without a goal before Stepan potted the only one. It was like watching the Jackets.
But the win goes to Nash for scoring the first goal in the shootout... whatever, congrats to Rick, he wanted that SO goal bad and he got it...

Robert is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 08:54 PM
  #994
db2011
Registered User
 
db2011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 2,379
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
I actually have no dog in the metro NYC city fight but one thing I do know, never discount the New Jersey organization... great franchise...
I don't either, I just want that draft pick to be a lottery pick for CBJ. Possibility of Brodeur starting tomorrow for NJD. Afraid of rust on the old fella (no offense )

db2011 is online now  
Old
03-18-2013, 09:01 PM
  #995
Robert
Foligno family
 
Robert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KY & Lime Lake NY
Country: United States
Posts: 31,054
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidbklyn View Post
I don't either, I just want that draft pick to be a lottery pick for CBJ. Possibility of Brodeur starting tomorrow for NJD. Afraid of rust on the old fella (no offense )
Got it.... don't tell anyone but my recent desire is (was perhaps) for the CBJ to make the playoffs and the Rangers not.... how cool would that be after a blockbuster trade... (even if Howson was the architect... )

Robert is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 09:08 PM
  #996
db2011
Registered User
 
db2011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 2,379
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Got it.... don't tell anyone but my recent desire is (was perhaps) for the CBJ to make the playoffs and the Rangers not.... how cool would that be after a blockbuster trade... (even if Howson was the architect... )
oh yeah, I hear you. I thought it was out the window, and it probably still it, but the Nash trade is right in the wheelhouse of the so-called "Ewing theory" of Bill Simmons.

At the very least, I'd love for the Jackets to wind up with more points than the Rangers. How great would it be if the best 1st round pick the Jackets have is the one from the Rangers? Or if the worst one they have is their own!

db2011 is online now  
Old
03-18-2013, 09:23 PM
  #997
Robert
Foligno family
 
Robert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KY & Lime Lake NY
Country: United States
Posts: 31,054
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidbklyn View Post
oh yeah, I hear you. I thought it was out the window, and it probably still it, but the Nash trade is right in the wheelhouse of the so-called "Ewing theory" of Bill Simmons.

At the very least, I'd love for the Jackets to wind up with more points than the Rangers. How great would it be if the best 1st round pick the Jackets have is the one from the Rangers? Or if the worst one they have is their own!

Damn, I was going to say points but changed to playoffs.... It's very plausible that the Rangers will make the playoffs and the Jackets not even if the Jackets have more points....

Robert is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 09:31 PM
  #998
bester vaive
Fear the Titan!
 
bester vaive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 254
vCash: 500
Congratulations to Steve Stamkos on goal number 200 tonight against the Flyers!

bester vaive is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 09:50 PM
  #999
bester vaive
Fear the Titan!
 
bester vaive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 254
vCash: 500
Forgot to mention Kimmo Timonen playing in his 1,000th game tonight. Congrats to Kimmo!

bester vaive is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 09:55 PM
  #1000
Sore Loser
HF Partner
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Spokane, WA.
Country: United States
Posts: 6,426
vCash: 500
Post #1000

Yay me.

Corey Perry is signing an extension (8 years) with the Ducks right now. You heard it here first.

Sore Loser is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:44 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.