HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around The NHL - Brian Burke fired

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-28-2012, 03:34 PM
  #376
MagicSlap*
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,471
vCash: 500
Gill re-signs with Nashville, 2 years $4 million total.

MagicSlap* is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 03:35 PM
  #377
AmericanDream
Puck You
 
AmericanDream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: I Return to Serenity
Country: United States
Posts: 10,520
vCash: 500
....Pens had to get that 12 year deal in before the new CBA.....

I doubt we see deals like this in barely 3 months time.... out of the 12 years, how many years is Crosby expected to actually play?? cant imagine that dude playing more then 5-6 years with the amount of concussions he had...

AmericanDream is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 03:36 PM
  #378
AmericanDream
Puck You
 
AmericanDream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: I Return to Serenity
Country: United States
Posts: 10,520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicSlap View Post
Gill re-signs with Nashville, 2 years $4 million total.
son of a *****!

wanted that guy.....makes sense for the Preds though as they could be losing a lot this year

AmericanDream is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 03:38 PM
  #379
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!
 
UsernameWasTaken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
....Pens had to get that 12 year deal in before the new CBA.....

I doubt we see deals like this in barely 3 months time.... out of the 12 years, how many years is Crosby expected to actually play?? cant imagine that dude playing more then 5-6 years with the amount of concussions he had...
I think another hit to the head and it might be curtains down on his career. ...and since his return he's shown that he's happy to be as chippy as ever...so the "another hit" might be coming sooner than we think.

UsernameWasTaken is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 03:49 PM
  #380
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU
 
IU Hawks fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: No longer IU
Country: United States
Posts: 20,358
vCash: 50
That Gill deal is kind of a steal, IMO.

IU Hawks fan is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 03:55 PM
  #381
MagicSlap*
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,471
vCash: 500
Nikitin 2 years, 2.15 million per.

Rask 1 year 3.5 million.

MagicSlap* is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 04:13 PM
  #382
MagicSlap*
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,471
vCash: 500
Quick signs for 10 years, dollars unknown.

MagicSlap* is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 04:27 PM
  #383
Sevanston
Moderator
 
Sevanston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 11,956
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicSlap View Post
Quick signs for 10 years, dollars unknown.
Enjoy your new home, Jon Bernier.

Sevanston is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 04:32 PM
  #384
MagicSlap*
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,471
vCash: 500
Hawks should get him.

MagicSlap* is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 04:43 PM
  #385
Sevanston
Moderator
 
Sevanston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 11,956
vCash: 500
I would like to think that Bowman is already on the phone. Bernier is a young player, and when it comes to trades, Bowman seems to especially like acquiring young talent.

I know Lombardi is already on the phone. Someone's called by now for sure.

Sevanston is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 04:46 PM
  #386
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.
 
Crazy_Ike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,972
vCash: 50
Bernier isnt a sure thing but he would sure be nice to try.

Crazy_Ike is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 05:18 PM
  #387
madgoat33
Registered User
 
madgoat33's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 14,115
vCash: 500
Apparently Crosby's contract is not fully insured

madgoat33 is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 05:24 PM
  #388
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!
 
UsernameWasTaken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,445
vCash: 500
According to RDS, Quick's deal is for $58m

Quote:
Renaud P Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS

Jonathan Quick 58 million / 10 years with Kings.

UsernameWasTaken is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 05:38 PM
  #389
Hawkaholic
Registered User
 
Hawkaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,021
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
Who cares who has the jerseys, 2 of the last 3 years including the year they won the Cup their best player was Malkin not Crosby, Malkin has had more to do with this teams success then Crosby has.
LOL

Crosby has always been the better player. The year they won the cup Crosby wss better, Malkin only got the Conn Smythe because he wasn't going head to head against their shut down line.

Plus, the franchise was brought back to life when Crosby was drafted, not 3 years ago.

Hawkaholic is offline  
Old
06-28-2012, 10:42 PM
  #390
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 16,117
vCash: 500
McKenzie tweeted Schneider 3 years $12 mil

Illinihockey is offline  
Old
06-29-2012, 12:27 AM
  #391
madgoat33
Registered User
 
madgoat33's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 14,115
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
LOL

Crosby has always been the better player. The year they won the cup Crosby wss better, Malkin only got the Conn Smythe because he wasn't going head to head against their shut down line.

Plus, the franchise was brought back to life when Crosby was drafted, not 3 years ago.
no, malkin won the conn smythe because he played better in the po's. Talk about revisionist history. Crosby is almost certainly the best player in the NHL when hes 100%, but malkin is a beast and has proven it by outplayin crosby for key stretches.

madgoat33 is offline  
Old
06-29-2012, 12:35 AM
  #392
Chris Hansen
Versteeg's Concubine
 
Chris Hansen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 10,387
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
LOL

Crosby has always been the better player. The year they won the cup Crosby wss better, Malkin only got the Conn Smythe because he wasn't going head to head against their shut down line.

Plus, the franchise was brought back to life when Crosby was drafted, not 3 years ago.
Malkin had the most dominant playoff run of any player ever not named Gretzky or Lemieux. And even then he came pretty close to them.

You're talking out of your ass. He was better than Crosby during that entire year.

Chris Hansen is offline  
Old
06-29-2012, 12:59 AM
  #393
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!
 
UsernameWasTaken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
Malkin had the most dominant playoff run of any player ever not named Gretzky or Lemieux. And even then he came pretty close to them.

You're talking out of your ass. He was better than Crosby during that entire year.
I'll assume you're American. Had you been Canadian you would have been brought up with Canadian coverage of hockey and would have been forced to deal with the permanent homerism surrounding Crosby...

I actually don't think Malkin is better than Crosby - and the difference b/w the two is in "ainec" zone. With that said, I don't think that Crosby is Jesus on Easter Day, either. I don't think there is anyone playing in the NHL right now who (leaving aside injury, etc.) has Crosby's offensive skill.

On a killjoy note, I don't think that Crosby is the "complete player" people claim he is...and in fact think his defensive skills =

I also don't think he'll be playing 5 yrs from now, let alone 10 years from now. Giroux didn't waste a second taking him out in a decent hit...and Crosby loves to be scrappy (and loves to wait until the referees are there so he can cheap shot someone in the head). if someone from Philly doesn't wait for a clean open ice hit, someone from NY will.

UsernameWasTaken is offline  
Old
06-29-2012, 01:09 AM
  #394
Chris Hansen
Versteeg's Concubine
 
Chris Hansen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 10,387
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
I'll assume you're American. Had you been Canadian you would have been brought up with Canadian coverage of hockey and would have been forced to deal with the permanent homerism surrounding Crosby...

I actually don't think Malkin is better than Crosby - and the difference b/w the two is in "ainec" zone. With that said, I don't think that Crosby is Jesus on Easter Day, either. I don't think there is anyone playing in the NHL right now who (leaving aside injury, etc.) has Crosby's offensive skill.

On a killjoy note, I don't think that Crosby is the "complete player" people claim he is...and in fact think his defensive skills =

I also don't think he'll be playing 5 yrs from now, let alone 10 years from now. Giroux didn't waste a second taking him out in a decent hit...and Crosby loves to be scrappy (and loves to wait until the referees are there so he can cheap shot someone in the head). if someone from Philly doesn't wait for a clean open ice hit, someone from NY will.
Malkin was better than Crosby during that year and is the biggest reason Pittsburgh won the Cup. No one deserved the Conn Smythe more than he did.
He was better than Crosby in 08-09. Not the same thing as saying that Malkin > Crosby now, or Malkin > Crosby period.

Chris Hansen is offline  
Old
06-29-2012, 01:44 AM
  #395
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!
 
UsernameWasTaken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
Malkin was better than Crosby during that year and is the biggest reason Pittsburgh won the Cup. No one deserved the Conn Smythe more than he did.
He was better than Crosby in 08-09. Not the same thing as saying that Malkin > Crosby now, or Malkin > Crosby period.
I agree with you completely!

And I didn't think you were saying Malkin > Crosby forever.

I was just pointing out that some of us north of the border have grown used to the relentless homerism surrounding Crosby.

There's a massive cultural obsession with Crosby in Canada for many reasons (not the least of which is his Olympic 2010 golden goal)...but for the most dedicated hockey fans, a lot of people really like Stamkos.

UsernameWasTaken is offline  
Old
06-29-2012, 01:49 AM
  #396
MagicSlap*
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,471
vCash: 500
When healthy, Crosby is by far the best player in the world

MagicSlap* is offline  
Old
06-29-2012, 01:50 AM
  #397
AmericanDream
Puck You
 
AmericanDream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: I Return to Serenity
Country: United States
Posts: 10,520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicSlap View Post
When healthy, Crosby is by far the best player in the world
though I will forever hate him for his 2010 Olympic goal, and his constant crying to the refs....I agree 100%

AmericanDream is offline  
Old
06-29-2012, 01:51 AM
  #398
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!
 
UsernameWasTaken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicSlap View Post
When healthy, Crosby is by far the best player in the world
^^ i agree...and even when less than 100% healthy he is probably still the best player.

outside of him, i think he's followed by Malkin...and i would still say, despite his problems as of late, Ovechkin.

I have to say that when you watch Crosby, Malkin, and Ovechkin (at the times this year he was playing well)...the three of them are just at a completely different level than the rest of the NHL (w/ Crosby being clearly the best).

As much as I love Stamkos, Giroux...they're just not on the same tier as C...and M and O.

...also, I find that when O is being dominant he > M by quite a bit.

UsernameWasTaken is offline  
Old
06-29-2012, 02:00 AM
  #399
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!
 
UsernameWasTaken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
though I will forever hate him for his 2010 Olympic goal, and his constant crying to the refs....I agree 100%
really? I was comfortable with his 2010 olympic goal. I know how eager you are to see Okposo on the US olympic team...so I'm sure you'll get us next time.


UsernameWasTaken is offline  
Old
06-29-2012, 02:05 AM
  #400
MagicSlap*
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,471
vCash: 500
Ovechkin is no longer a top 3 or even top 5 player in the NHL

MagicSlap* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:21 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.