HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around The NHL - Brian Burke fired

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-19-2012, 01:33 PM
  #501
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 120,004
vCash: 302
Keep Weber talk to that speciifc thread or I will merge it here

Dont have two discussions of the Weber/Preds situation

Given we have nothing going on I think having Weber specific is fine

Blackhawkswincup is offline  
Old
07-19-2012, 02:24 PM
  #502
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13-15
 
No Fun Shogun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Shogunate of Nofunia
Country: Fiji
Posts: 34,983
vCash: 5113
So... a discussion on the main boards made me think...

On the possibility of the NHL actually has a lockout and loses the season, what would you all want to be done with the Cup? After the last lockout, the League and the Cup trustees apparently came to an agreement where someone else could compete for it if the NHL didn't play.... but who that'd specifically be is anyone's guess.

I'm thinking that the AHL competing for it would make the most sense, though I've heard others postulating that it'd be the CHL instead or just some amateur competition or something along those lines.

No Fun Shogun is offline  
Old
07-20-2012, 12:24 AM
  #503
xX Hot Fuss
Registered User
 
xX Hot Fuss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 12,638
vCash: 500
Nuck's fans tears over this whole Weber thing are yummy and delicious

xX Hot Fuss is offline  
Old
07-20-2012, 05:28 AM
  #504
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 26,054
vCash: 500
now I wonder what will happen with Doan. Nucks would love him, Wings desperatly need him and the Yotes still want him.

Bubba88 is online now  
Old
07-20-2012, 07:00 AM
  #505
digdug41982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26,474
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Fun Shogun View Post
So... a discussion on the main boards made me think...

On the possibility of the NHL actually has a lockout and loses the season, what would you all want to be done with the Cup? After the last lockout, the League and the Cup trustees apparently came to an agreement where someone else could compete for it if the NHL didn't play.... but who that'd specifically be is anyone's guess.

I'm thinking that the AHL competing for it would make the most sense, though I've heard others postulating that it'd be the CHL instead or just some amateur competition or something along those lines.
I mean, better not put their names on it, it would be a disgrace.

digdug41982 is offline  
Old
07-20-2012, 11:01 AM
  #506
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13-15
 
No Fun Shogun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Shogunate of Nofunia
Country: Fiji
Posts: 34,983
vCash: 5113
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
I mean, better not put their names on it, it would be a disgrace.
Well.... that'd be the entire point, though. The NHL doesn't own the Cup and part of an agreement that the NHL and Cup trustees came to was that, in the event of another lost season, the Cup could be won by someone else and have their names added like everyone else, such as the pre-NHL pro teams and amateur/semi-pro teams before that that are on the Cup.

And having something is better than the disgusting nonsense that is this:


No Fun Shogun is offline  
Old
07-20-2012, 11:07 AM
  #507
digdug41982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26,474
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Fun Shogun View Post
Well.... that'd be the entire point, though. The NHL doesn't own the Cup and part of an agreement that the NHL and Cup trustees came to was that, in the event of another lost season, the Cup could be won by someone else and have their names added like everyone else, such as the pre-NHL pro teams and amateur/semi-pro teams before that that are on the Cup.

And having something is better than the disgusting nonsense that is this:

At least they got the spelling right, lol. Only one answer really, our board needs to get on the ice together, get a team going and win the Cup!

digdug41982 is offline  
Old
07-20-2012, 11:14 AM
  #508
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13-15
 
No Fun Shogun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Shogunate of Nofunia
Country: Fiji
Posts: 34,983
vCash: 5113
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
At least they got the spelling right, lol. Only one answer really, our board needs to get on the ice together, get a team going and win the Cup!
Don't think we'd even be able to win a Dixie Cup if we banded together.

No Fun Shogun is offline  
Old
07-20-2012, 11:23 AM
  #509
digdug41982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26,474
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Fun Shogun View Post
Don't think we'd even be able to win a Dixie Cup if we banded together.
Seriously though, that's what they should do. Have a tournament all over North America, the beer league division, the semi-pro division and the pro division. Nobody can be under contract with an NHL team. Beer league division winner plays semi-pro division winner. Winner of that series plays pro division team. Obviously the pro division would end up winning in a route, but it would be a lot of fun for everyone and put hockey in the spotlight all over.

digdug41982 is offline  
Old
07-22-2012, 05:58 AM
  #510
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly
 
HawksFan74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 17,346
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Fun Shogun View Post
Don't think we'd even be able to win a Dixie Cup if we banded together.
They would need to hold a tourney on NHL 12 and reward the cup to the winner.

HawksFan74 is offline  
Old
07-22-2012, 09:34 AM
  #511
madgoat33
Registered User
 
madgoat33's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 14,202
vCash: 500
nah, it should be some convoluted tournament like in baseketball

madgoat33 is offline  
Old
07-23-2012, 10:52 AM
  #512
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 16,959
vCash: 500
Versteeg signed 4 years $4.4 per

Illinihockey is offline  
Old
07-23-2012, 10:57 AM
  #513
digdug41982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26,474
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Versteeg signed 4 years $4.4 per
Wow, talk about a discount, great deal for Florida.

digdug41982 is offline  
Old
07-23-2012, 11:03 AM
  #514
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 16,959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Wow, talk about a discount, great deal for Florida.
Don't think its a discount, its probably market value for a 50 point winger. Its just so odd to not see an overpayment that everything that isn't feels like a discount.

Illinihockey is offline  
Old
07-23-2012, 11:37 AM
  #515
Chris Hansen
THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
 
Chris Hansen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 10,505
vCash: 500
Versteeg would've gotten at least 5 per on the open market... definitely a bit of a sweetheart deal there.

Chris Hansen is offline  
Old
07-23-2012, 11:38 AM
  #516
Sarava
Moderator
 
Sarava's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Naperville, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 11,005
vCash: 500
Good signing by Dale.

Sarava is offline  
Old
07-23-2012, 11:58 AM
  #517
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13-15
 
No Fun Shogun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Shogunate of Nofunia
Country: Fiji
Posts: 34,983
vCash: 5113
Eh, I'd say it's a good signing, but don't think it's a discount. Just fair to both sides.

No Fun Shogun is offline  
Old
07-23-2012, 12:03 PM
  #518
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 16,959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
Versteeg would've gotten at least 5 per on the open market... definitely a bit of a sweetheart deal there.
But he wasn't going to the open market, they were going to salary arbitration.

Illinihockey is offline  
Old
07-23-2012, 12:04 PM
  #519
Hawkaholic
Registered User
 
Hawkaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,471
vCash: 500
Fair deal, something you never saw out of Tallon when he was our GM.

Hawkaholic is offline  
Old
07-23-2012, 01:57 PM
  #520
Sevanston
Registered User
 
Sevanston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 12,983
vCash: 500
Nash to the Rangers for Anisimov, Erixon, Dubinsky and a 1st

There goes my favorite reason to laugh at Columbus.

Sevanston is offline  
Old
07-23-2012, 02:07 PM
  #521
xX Hot Fuss
Registered User
 
xX Hot Fuss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 12,638
vCash: 500
CBJ got better i think. Atleast against us. I really doubt they're getting steamrolled by everyone in the league again next season.


Last edited by xX Hot Fuss: 07-23-2012 at 02:21 PM.
xX Hot Fuss is offline  
Old
07-23-2012, 02:08 PM
  #522
brtriad
Registered User
 
brtriad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Loop
Country: United States
Posts: 13,040
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to brtriad
Nashville most certainly did not get better this offseason. They lost their top two defenseman and top offensive forward.

brtriad is offline  
Old
07-23-2012, 02:18 PM
  #523
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13-15
 
No Fun Shogun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Shogunate of Nofunia
Country: Fiji
Posts: 34,983
vCash: 5113
Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
Nashville got better i think. Atleast against us. I really doubt they're getting steamrolled by everyone in the league again next season.
I assume you mean Columbus?

But I don't think so. Might've gotten a couple extra bodies on the ice, but they got weaker offensively, and it's not like their defense or goaltending is anything to write home about.

15th in the West next year.

No Fun Shogun is offline  
Old
07-23-2012, 02:23 PM
  #524
xX Hot Fuss
Registered User
 
xX Hot Fuss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 12,638
vCash: 500
Edit: yeah I meant CBJ.

Nash was useless on that team. To no fault of his own. I am really surprised Howson didn't snag a top 4 Dman instead of Anisimov or a 1st though.

xX Hot Fuss is offline  
Old
07-23-2012, 02:24 PM
  #525
digdug41982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26,474
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Fun Shogun View Post
I assume you mean Columbus?

But I don't think so. Might've gotten a couple extra bodies on the ice, but they got weaker offensively, and it's not like their defense or goaltending is anything to write home about.

15th in the West next year.
I really doubt that. Look at some of the guys that were playing forward for CBJ last year.

digdug41982 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:57 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.