HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

Bring Bernier Back

Old
06-11-2012, 11:23 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
I wonder how long his suspension will be to start next year...
I imagine he won't get anything. Shanahan knows how much it hurts already, anything he adds is just overkill. He's been punished enough.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 11:34 PM
mentalcase
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
What is the address for fan mail to Bernier???? Initially I was angry when it happened, but the more and more I watch I'm not angry. And he handled himself really well in the postgame press conference.

This!!!

I'm sure he really needs some encouragement right now. Any way we can get some messages through to him?

mentalcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 11:36 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by mentalcase View Post
This!!!

I'm sure he really needs some encouragement right now. Any way we can get some messages through to him?
anyone going to try and meet the team at the airport could take a sign of support or something to that effect.

Rhodes 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 11:38 PM
Halpysback

Does anyone have a link to the press conference by Bernier?

Halpysback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 11:39 PM
Tundra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
Does anyone have a link to the press conference by Bernier?
http://www.msg.com/videos/bernier-po...-loss-611.html

Tundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 11:40 PM
MadDog172430
Sal Apologist

It's up on MSG.com.

I feel bad for him completely. It was a quick play in a quick game, he read Scuderi staying forehand he turned into it and bam. I agree with the major penalty though, he definitely tagged him.

I agree with this sentiment though, he's an excellent 4th line player and should be brought back easily. Keep your head up Bernie, you had a hell of a season.

MadDog172430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 11:41 PM
CerebralGenesis

Not saying he was Kyle Williams, because he really did cost them, but these guys keep finding ways to shock me.

CerebralGenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 11:45 PM
Tundra

Listen to the Bernier interview. Woah. His voice nearly cracked describing how helpless he felt when he heard the crowd roar 3 times inside the lockeroom after taking the major.

Old
06-11-2012, 11:46 PM
TheUnseenHand
madest thou look

If he's back I'll be happy, if not it won't bother me.

I don't think the 4th line could keep up that kind of play we saw in the playoffs. No way Gionta can sustain it over a whole season, and Bernier was up and down. Carter is really the only guy I definitely want back and wouldn't be happy if he left.

As long as we don't have any goons on the 4th line, we'll be fine.

TheUnseenHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 11:48 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
Listen to the Bernier interview. Woah. His voice nearly cracked describing how helpless he felt when he heard the crowd roar 3 times inside the lockeroom after taking the major.
That has to be a particular impotent rage.

Old
06-11-2012, 11:49 PM
CerebralGenesis

Damn that was a sad interview.

I'll dry my tears in the morning.

Old
06-11-2012, 11:50 PM
beenhereandthere

Trying to speak neutrally, even though I'm a long time Kings fan, that was one of the dumbest plays I've ever seen a SCF. I know what the Devils coaches and players really want to say to him, but, maybe they don't have to do anything, since, he's probably going to feel like dog doo for a long time.
For his defenders, there was no reason for him to slam him into the boards like that, if it's a nudge with a slow push into the boards and Scuderi loses his balance and gets messed up that way, it's probably a two, with no blood.

beenhereandthere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 11:52 PM
Tundra

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
Trying to speak neutrally, even though I'm a long time Kings fan, that was one of the dumbest plays I've ever seen a SCF. I know what the Devils coaches and players really want to say to him, but, maybe they don't have to do anything, since, he's probably going to feel like dog doo for a long time.
In his defense, he kinda pulled up at the last second and kept his hands down. He could have absolutely killed Scuderi if he went through with that check with all his momentum. But the main problem was catching Scuderi in such a vulnerable position.

Old
06-11-2012, 11:54 PM
CerebralGenesis

I'll do my best not commenting on this again, except in passing sarcasm, but I agree.

Old
06-11-2012, 11:54 PM
goalvalchuk17

you cant be mad at him for delivering a hit. perhaps he may have hit him way too hard into the boards, but lets face it: the devils as a team did not play stanley cup level hockey tonight. the kings did and they deserved to win.

goalvalchuk17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 11:55 PM
CerebralGenesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovalchukparise179 View Post
you cant be mad at him for delivering a hit. perhaps he may have hit him way too hard into the boards, but lets face it: the devils as a team did not play stanley cup level hockey tonight. the kings did and they deserved to win.
Agreed. Said it earlier, but the Kings played like the better team Game 1, 3,4,5, and 6 this series. The fact we almost went to 7 and probably should have is a testament to the bend-but-not-break of this team and mostly Martin Brodeur. The legend played incredibly.

Old
06-11-2012, 11:57 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
I wonder how long his suspension will be to start next year...
I think Shanny understands that what he went through tonight was a worse punishment than anything the NHL could ever do to him.

AfroThunder396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 11:57 PM
Nocashstyle

Quote:
For his defenders, there was no reason for him to slam him into the boards like that, if it's a nudge with a slow push into the boards and Scuderi loses his balance and gets messed up that way, it's probably a two, with no blood.
Scuderi turning his back at the last second was dumb as hell too. Not sure what you're trying to accomplish with this post. Go celebrate on your board and we'll worry about the Bernier hit.

Nocashstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 11:59 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Thinking about this more, I don't think Bernier can come back, even if all of us want him back. The players may say they don't blame him, but it's hard not to. You don't want a divisive influence like that in the room, whether it's his fault or not.

Old
06-12-2012, 12:00 AM
CerebralGenesis

If Kyle Williams plays for the 49ers next year, anyone can return to their old team.

Old
06-12-2012, 12:02 AM
Nocashstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
Thinking about this more, I don't think Bernier can come back, even if all of us want him back. The players may say they don't blame him, but it's hard not to. You don't want a divisive influence like that in the room, whether it's his fault or not.
I don't think that's necessarily true. It's going to be a new team. Also, as much as we remember how much Bernier provided to the team before the hit, I'm sure the players know this even more.

Old
06-12-2012, 12:09 AM
beenhereandthere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocashstyle View Post
Scuderi turning his back at the last second was dumb as hell too. Not sure what you're trying to accomplish with this post. Go celebrate on your board and we'll worry about the Bernier hit.
Scuderi was passing it on his backhand, a hockey play, which, will naturally make him turn his back. Do you want to be a voice in his head to tell him to go on his forehand in that situation instead?
An NHL player knows better, if he's thinking team 1st and not trying to plaster someone dangerously. Maybe that's something you do in game 40 in the regular season, but not an do or die game in the SCF.

beenhereandthere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 12:10 AM
Richer's Ghost
awww summertime

vCash: 425
Quote:
Bored with the win already? Geez.

Ball pits are just toilets filled with brightly colored balls instead of water.
Richer's Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 12:11 AM
LancasterDevilsFan

Lou's the kind of guy that will rally behind Bernier. He's part of the Devils family and I'm sure he's feeling pretty low. But Lou always preaches that the Devils win as a team and they lose as a team. Just like the success they had this post season was not the work of one individual, losing to LA is also not the fault of any one individual. You learn from this and move on.

LancasterDevilsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 12:15 AM
Nocashstyle

Quote:
Scuderi was passing it on his backhand, a hockey play, which, will naturally make him turn his back. Do you want to be a voice in his head to tell him to go on his forehand in that situation instead?
An NHL player knows better, if he's thinking team 1st and not trying to plaster someone dangerously. Maybe that's something you do in game 40 in the regular season, but not an do or die game in the SCF.
I guess you have no idea how fast things happen on the ice or what a forecheck is. Like I said...go and celebrate on the Kings board. Don't know why you're here trying to argue about something that us Devils fans are trying to cope with. Go home