HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

The Bryce Salvador trophy

Old
06-11-2012, 10:25 PM
DevilsAnimal*

vCash: 500
The Bryce Salvador trophy

Thats our new playoff MVP trophy

Yeah, Salvy may not have been the most offensive player ever, but I think he was our best player in the post season. If we dont re-sign him, I think it will be a loss. We saw what he was capable off, so if we can bring him back for a sykora contract, that will be a win for us. We also need as big of a turnaround as we can afford[we can lose 12 players], we need the experience, we wernt exactly favourites going into any series.

We do have 6 Defence under contract for next season, 7 if we can re-sign harrold, but I think we can squeeze in a 500k contract on the back end, even if we sign Suter and Parise and manage to pick up a 1B goalie

DevilsAnimal* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 10:28 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Trade Fayne away, and keep him.

Of course this is just the bitterness talking of how bad Fayne was(Greene as well) this series, but I do wish we could keep Bryce.

Our BEST defenseman hands down. Has been our best probably since November or December after having a shaky, and rusty first few months.

Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 10:34 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
trading 25 year old Fayne to keep 37 year old Bryce Salvador is not the best idea.

Zajacs Bowl Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 10:35 PM
DevilsAnimal*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zajacs Bowl Cut View Post
trading 25 year old Fayne to keep 37 year old Bryce Salvador is not the best idea.
This
Unless we get a 25 year old centre

Old
06-11-2012, 10:35 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Quote:
Like I said bitterness talking of how awful he was in this series. Not only him though. It's not a realistic idea.

With how much of a leash they got on Larsson I wouldn't be surprised if they start him in the AHL next season. Don't jump all over me cause this isn't what I WANT. It's just what I have a feeling with.

Old
06-11-2012, 10:36 PM
Papaspud
Bring on...

Salvador played his ass off, and definitely tried to be the entire blueline corps. God bless him.

Papaspud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 10:37 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
D next year will be:

Greene-Fayne
Volch-Zids
Larsson-Tally

Zajacs Bowl Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 10:38 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Salvador was awesome in this playoff run. He held our defence together, and kicked ass offensively too.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 10:38 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Quote:
D next year will be:

Greene-Fayne
Volch-Zids
Larsson-Tally
Most likely. I won't commit to those pairings or marry them haha. That will be the lineup. I can see Larsson not being a lock to make the team though. I hope he does, but they put him on a short leash. See how he does in camp I guess.

Old
06-11-2012, 10:39 PM
DevilsAnimal*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
Salvador was awesome in this playoff run. He held our defence together, and kicked ass offensively too.
He would be the best 7th D-man we could ever hope to get

Old
06-11-2012, 10:41 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

He won't be back next season. Someone will pay him handsomely this summer based on this run, and it won't be Lou.

Old
06-11-2012, 10:43 PM
NJDevilsZG
I'll drive team bus

Bryce SalvadOrr

NJDevilsZG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 11:27 PM
DevilsAnimal*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevilsZG View Post
Bryce SalvadOrr
win.

Old
06-11-2012, 11:32 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

The only way I see Salvador back next season is if he BEGS, and PLEADS with Lou to take him back, and for a huge discount. If they tell him he's not in their future he will just walk off. With Zidlicky there is no room for him either. Then again we had Foster here, but Greene went down with the injury, Tallinder went down right before Greene came back, Zidlicky replaced Foster.

By the way Kurtis Foster is a UFA. Anyone interested? Sorry I had to do it to crack a laugh.

Old
06-11-2012, 11:35 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

He won't take the discount. He's 36, this is his last chance to cash in. He'll walk to the highest bidder, and I wish him luck.

Old
06-11-2012, 11:37 PM
Loyal Patrik
I Like Hockey.

Thanks for everything Bryce. You were worth about a million Cam Janssens.

Loyal Patrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 11:39 PM
Sir Fenwick Corsi
N U M B E R S

Bryce Salvador was the epitome of what this team was all about this year. Hardworking, character, relentless, class, courage, commitment. He's what Devils Hockey is all about.

I DON'T want him here next year because NJ won't be able to do him justice. I sincerely hope that some team awards him a nice contract that sets himself up along with his family for the foreseeable future. I'd love for him to stay but we're running out of room and the Devils won't have the funds to pay him what he deserves.

I would hold no ill will against him even if he signed with a team like the Rangers. I genuinely hope he becomes a fixture with this organization after his playing days are over sort of like Grant Marshall.

Bravo Bryce. It's been one hell of a ride.

Sir Fenwick Corsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 11:45 PM
Richer's Ghost
DING! DING!

vCash: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by nona weisbaum View Post
Bryce Salvador was the epitome of what this team was all about this year. Hardworking, character, relentless, class, courage, commitment. He's what Devils Hockey is all about.

I DON'T want him here next year because NJ won't be able to do him justice. I sincerely hope that some team awards him a nice contract that sets himself up along with his family for the foreseeable future. I'd love for him to stay but we're running out of room and the Devils won't have the funds to pay him what he deserves.

I would hold no ill will against him even if he signed with a team like the Rangers. I genuinely hope he becomes a fixture with this organization after his playing days are over sort of like Grant Marshall.

Bravo Bryce. It's been one hell of a ride.
In a word... Rebound.

He came back stronger and more determined than ever and made the "experts" eat their words.

Devils did the same thing.

Ball pits are just toilets filled with brightly colored balls instead of water.
Richer's Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 11:48 PM
Wingman77
Glory Days

This likely was his last game in a Devil uniform and the guy has been a warrior for us

Stepped up big time for us and though he had some rough spots during the season he was a rock during the playoffs after missing an entire year

Thanks Sal you da man, always a Devil

Wingman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2012, 11:49 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

And to think some of us, myself included wished they bought him out, and kept White. Don't know what Lou's reasoning was. Maybe didn't wanna kick a man while he was down, but I'm glad he didn't! The man has done everything from play solid defense, to offense this playoffs, and even acting as a second goaltender sometimes!

I'll never forget the time Pete said he couldn't play the 3rd period in Montreal or they would have had to get a porta potty on the bench!

Bryce this year was without a doubt our best D man post lockout. Hands down, and I'm not even kidding. We haven't had a strictly defensive defenseman like him since Dano.

Old
06-11-2012, 11:54 PM
Sir Fenwick Corsi
N U M B E R S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post
In a word... Rebound.

He came back stronger and more determined than ever and made the "experts" eat their words.

Devils did the same thing.
Definitely hist the nail on the head with this one.

It really kills me that a guy like Bryce couldn't get a Cup this year. It really ****ing bothers me. I wanted the veterans on this team, who are running out of time and had never won before, to taste glory before all is said and done for them.

That's the hardest part about this......

Sir Fenwick Corsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 12:24 AM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Only Scott Neidermayer and Tom Kurvers had more points than him in a playoff run by a Devils defenseman. Some food for thought.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 12:41 AM
KohoDonuts88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
And to think some of us, myself included wished they bought him out, and kept White. Don't know what Lou's reasoning was. Maybe didn't wanna kick a man while he was down, but I'm glad he didn't! The man has done everything from play solid defense, to offense this playoffs, and even acting as a second goaltender sometimes!

I'll never forget the time Pete said he couldn't play the 3rd period in Montreal or they would have had to get a porta potty on the bench!

Bryce this year was without a doubt our best D man post lockout. Hands down, and I'm not even kidding. We haven't had a strictly defensive defenseman like him since Dano.
I firmly believed, at the time, White was bought out over Sal because Sal was on IR. Hindsight leads me to believe I was probably wrong. He was terrific for us all season long. I don't know if there's a future with him in NJ, but that doesn't take away from how well he played.

KohoDonuts88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 01:11 AM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

I really hope we haven't seen the last of Sal. Love this guy.

yakitate304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 02:55 AM
DevilsAnimal*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter White View Post
I firmly believed, at the time, White was bought out over Sal because Sal was on IR. Hindsight leads me to believe I was probably wrong. He was terrific for us all season long. I don't know if there's a future with him in NJ, but that doesn't take away from how well he played.
Cant buy out an injured player, so maybe